In The Lab

Hey Doc, Been reading a lot on this site and am wanting to try your additives, as this is my first post, cant pm you, maybe you could PM me on how to order your mix? Thanks

My first round turned out so good it made me paranoid posting so much perfection on the interwebs. And it looked like I was screwing up the whole time.

Round 2 is 3kits (2 of them are 2nd round) in 15gallon pots filled to the brim. Things are picture perfect. Indoor trees.

Sativa expressions off the hook.

I'll be starting my 3rd round in Doc's kit in a few weeks (I have 2 bins of 1st-run soil I mixed in a 5 lb bag of ewc into each and watered in with tea/trans). I have 2 other people starting their 1st "real" round with fully-cooked soil and 10gal pots too.

Should be a fun winter...

:cool:

Finished this thread Doc and working my way through the others as well. Its quite a bit of reading but fully worth it. My kit arrives today or tomorrow and I will start the "cook." Being a microbiologist I was wondering if anyone has quantified the amount of CO2 given off by the bacteria and mycorrhizal fungi in the cooking soil and the soil in the HB pots. I know I plan on keeping my trash can of cooking soil in the same room to take advantage of this metabolism byproduct. It may be a reason for people to always keep a batch cooking and to feed their cooking soil happy by a regular addition of plant matter. One could even keep a smaller batch of HB soil well fed in a low rubbermaid tub underneath their plants in a grow tent. With other soils this may not be a significant contributor, but the high Brix soil shows so much life I bet it makes a difference in CO2!

I'll be starting my 3rd round in Doc's kit in a few weeks (I have 2 bins of 1st-run soil I mixed in a 5 lb bag of ewc into each and watered in with tea/trans). I have 2 other people starting their 1st "real" round with fully-cooked soil and 10gal pots too.

Should be a fun winter...

:cool:

aside from winter squash, :rofl: what girls you growing, Gov? :)

Amendment mixed into one 3.8 cu ft bale of HP with 30 lbs wiggle worm EWC. The countdown has begun. All seeds sprouted a perfect 25/25 record. Will wait to use the HB soil until they are cloned and sexed. Very excited!

Sounds like a plan. :thumb:

You do know, there's not quite enough cooked soil to grow 25 mature plants though...right? I mean, after sexing and culling you might end up with 6-10 keepers which is perfect for one kit. Just saying in case.

:peace:

Sounds like a plan. :thumb:

You do know, there's not quite enough cooked soil to grow 25 mature plants though...right? I mean, after sexing and culling you might end up with 6-10 keepers which is perfect for one kit. Just saying in case.

:peace:
Yes this will be my last hurrah with my vermiculite/perlite mix and grow nutrients. I have enough for one or two more runs. The best 6 performers get chosen for the high Brix method and their clones put into 10 gallon pots of the Doc's beautiful soil. The rest of the not so great clones will go in the last of the old method again. So I am telling the plants now that there is a competition and only the best will do! I have 10 TGA agent orange seedlings, 11 dynasty Huckleberry Kush, and 5 alphakronik mad hatters that came as a freebie. Every single one popped nicely so let the games begin! (Oops that's 26/26 lol)

On the topic of bud wash, what is the latest mix being used? I have seen posts with hydrogen peroxide as the first bucket and I have seen posts without the peroxide. Also would like to understand the dry trim. Is is ok to do all trim at once, or is the later dry trim of sugar leaves necessary? Thanks!

On the topic of bud wash, what is the latest mix being used? I have seen posts with hydrogen peroxide as the first bucket and I have seen posts without the peroxide. Also would like to understand the dry trim. Is is ok to do all trim at once, or is the later dry trim of sugar leaves necessary? Thanks!

Here's what I do RE Budwashing:

Bucket One: 5 gallons H2O 1/2 to 1 cup baking soda, 1/2 to 1 cup lemon juice.
Bucket Two: 5 gallons H2O
Bucket Three: 5 Gallons H2O....as pure as you can get it.

Fully submerge and gently agitate for 30 seconds to a minute in each bucket. As the first bucket begins to turn brown, spend longer time in the second and last bucket.

If you have PM in your room:

After cutting out and discarding buds with spore formation on them, add a 5 gallon bucket before bucket One that is 1/3 H2O2 3%. Follow the same procedure.

RE Trimming: I've found that pulling off fan leaves and ugly leaves right before washing is best. Let the sugar leaves dry with the buds and then trim them off when dry. The sugar leaf trim is my personal smoke of choice, even above the flowers.

Doc

Have you considered adding "B12" cobalamin to the kit? I am asking because B12 is listed as a miscellaneous product with AGLabs.

The last grow I completed included b12 in the water for the reasons listed on the AGLabs website:

Required by approximately 80% of soil bacteria for proliferation
Stimulates bacteria

GoldenEagle. I just read your signature. I never thought of cannabis as a long night plant but it is. (Especially in my g.r.;)) It's very interesting. :)

You prompted me to examine Golden Eagle's signature and click on the Rubik's Cube link.

Back in the early 80s I did the Rubik's Cube by solving the corners in relation to centers, solving the edges and then the middle. Unlike the official layer-by-layer technique this can be done with a few simple repeated movements. 5 years ago, after a multi-year hiatus, I discovered the corners/edges/center thechnique easily scaled from 3x3 cubes to 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7 and presumably any size with only two more movement patterns. It may not be the fastest technique, but it is elegant, simple and logical,

What makes you think it's not in there?

1. It isn't listed as a part of the ingredient.
2. You haven't mentioned the importance of it.

Back
Top Bottom