In The Lab

7 or so #1s crammed onto a big saucer for feeding

I'm calling this dish "Brix Veg, 4 ways" in the vein of modern chefs doing it all wrong

IMG_20151130_153523_zpsoy3ohfo1.JPG

#no dbhb girls were harmed during the filming of this episode

Oh wow....that looks awesome.

What's it crossed with?

World of Seeds Bank - Colombian Gold
Colombian Gold

from seed finder -WOS ColombianGold..."This Sativa strain is the result of a combination of pure strains from the Santa Marta mountain range in Colombia that is home to the country’s highest peaks. Below 2,500m, where the soil is very fertile, can be found anything from typical Andean woods to dense tropical jungle. Cannabis has been cultivated in this area for many generations and, by trying to improve the plant’s medicinal properties through continual interbreeding, the local inhabitants have achieved some of the most genetically pure strains in existence. Our breeder brought back many seeds from this region and we worked with them to produce this tall, vigorous, branchy strain with an intense, sweet fragrance that stands out above all for her taste and potent, psychedelic effects."

There can be many variables.
How young/large is the plant? -if its a seed or small seedling..it can be 1-2 weeks. Temp of GR? etc :)

I know variables will change things.

I am simply asking the question for the sake of getting the information cataloged on the website for other people to find if and when someone decides to search for it.

Once again and just for the sake of information:

During the veg phase, what is the most number of days anyone has gone in between a watering and a drench or a drench and a watering?

Personally speaking my current grow, at the moment, just finished it's thirteenth day in between a drench and a watering.
For other variables...I am growing in a single gallon smart pot with a high temperature around 78F and a low around 68F, the humidity level is around 50%, and my lights are only on for 13 hours total.

I just went two weeks from when I drenched after moving from solos to 1.7g

I'm waiting to drench again, now that they're in the 1.7s and tomorrow is seven days. Bigger plants, I'm expecting I'll water by the end of the week which will be around ten days.

My assumption is, until they get to sevens,, I'll be watering much more frequently as the plant grows and uses the existing soil.

But, like Zig,, I agree that too many variables are at play. I run my room 85-90 with lights on, I run LED's and that's the range I like to be in so my plants drink. Lights off, I'm 70-75 when everything is dialed in.

My two cent...

Why did he leave? Any idea where he's hanging his captains hat now-a-days? Thx bud

No idea. My time here, and his, overlapped briefly. Then POOF, he was gone.
He was one of the members that originally got me interested in 420. So many great, long-lost growers...

People come and go for many reasons many might not consider. This member specifically got upset about our guidelines, deleted all of his blogs and left. We had nothing to do with it, except for enforcing our guidelines. :Namaste:

Why did he leave? Any idea where he's hanging his captains hat now-a-days? Thx bud

Hello to everyone, from a total noob. Other than a feeble attempt to grow a particularly sorry collection of bag seed while in college back in the 70s, this will be my first attempt at growing my own. Got the idea from visiting my brother who lives in one of those few civilized places that allows growing for personal use. I was super impressed with his harvest, and that from a guy who had never grown a plant in his life! And I figure if he can do it, why not me?

So I've been doing my research, and am completely sold on the high brix method! You guys are getting some really incredible results, and I want to get those kind of results, too! So fast forward a couple of weeks, I've now have my high brix kit from Doc, and will be getting my soil and EWC in shortly. I should have the soil cooking by this weekend, and that will give me a few weeks to continue learning from the forum while I wait on the soil.

And of course what's a first post without a first dumb question. And that is how to best mix the soil. I'm not really sure exactly how many gallons are in a 3.8 cu. ft. bale of ProMix, but a bought a couple 32 gallon trash cans, and figure I could split the bale and soil amendments from the kit between the two cans. But wouldn't mind some guidance on how to mix the soil and amendments. Since the cans are fairly tall I worry about how well the soil could be mixed. Maybe I should mix everything in a wheel barrow or tub before putting in the can?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I just want to make sure I do everything I can to get this first grow off to a good start! Thanks for any suggestions you might have. And a huge thanks to Doc Bud for all the time and research he has put into this system that looks to produce some of the best results I have ever seen! :thumb:

Hello to everyone, from a total noob. Other than a feeble attempt to grow a particularly sorry collection of bag seed while in college back in the 70s, this will be my first attempt at growing my own. Got the idea from visiting my brother who lives in one of those few civilized places that allows growing for personal use. I was super impressed with his harvest, and that from a guy who had never grown a plant in his life! And I figure if he can do it, why not me?

So I've been doing my research, and am completely sold on the high brix method! You guys are getting some really incredible results, and I want to get those kind of results, too! So fast forward a couple of weeks, I've now have my high brix kit from Doc, and will be getting my soil and EWC in shortly. I should have the soil cooking by this weekend, and that will give me a few weeks to continue learning from the forum while I wait on the soil.

And of course what's a first post without a first dumb question. And that is how to best mix the soil. I'm not really sure exactly how many gallons are in a 3.8 cu. ft. bale of ProMix, but a bought a couple 32 gallon trash cans, and figure I could split the bale and soil amendments from the kit between the two cans. But wouldn't mind some guidance on how to mix the soil and amendments. Since the cans are fairly tall I worry about how well the soil could be mixed. Maybe I should mix everything in a wheel barrow or tub before putting in the can?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I just want to make sure I do everything I can to get this first grow off to a good start! Thanks for any suggestions you might have. And a huge thanks to Doc Bud for all the time and research he has put into this system that looks to produce some of the best results I have ever seen! :thumb:

congratulations on choosing this amazing in ease, consistency, and results, system to grow with! :)
BudmanBob, some mix the soil in totes, on tarps, garbage cans, etc..
its important to keep it off a concrete slab, and warm enough to cook for the 4 weeks .
Look at some of the journals of the new HB growers ...amazing results.

I split mine in tubs, filled them up the same with promix. For splitting any bag like EWC I put the bins side by side and lay the bag between them. Shuffle contents back and forth. When it is even push the EWC away from the middle towards the ends like saddle bags. Cut open the bottom of the saddle bags and it is perfectly split. You can do the same with amendment but I weighed that. Then added a few gallons water till it was fluffy but not soaked and mixed it by hand for awhile. Docbud has an awesome cement mixer. That's the Cadillac right there. Keep the bins insulated from cold floors!

Journal your grow and we'll all be happy to help as much as we can! Welcome!

You can use a tarp, or a plastic kiddie pool to mix up your soil. Do half a bale at a time as that damn thing expands when you let it out of the bale.... Or if you have a large tub, go ahead and do the whole thing. It's definitely minimum wage type stuff....mix it up, wet it down.

Journal your grow and we'll all be happy to help as much as we can! Welcome!

You can use a tarp, or a plastic kiddie pool to mix up your soil. Do half a bale at a time as that damn thing expands when you let it out of the bale.... Or if you have a large tub, go ahead and do the whole thing. It's definitely minimum wage type stuff....mix it up, wet it down.
:bump:
To emphasize Doc Bud's final point: Mix the ingredients well while dry - only add water after well mixed.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and comments! That clears it up, alright. I plan to keep the trash cans in the house. We're moving to a new place in a couple of weeks and will have one room dedicated to my garden. :slide: (you guys do have some awesome emoji!)

Doc, thanks for the journal suggestion. I am in the Deep South, and need to fly under the radar with this pastime. Is a journal still cool under these conditions. I wasn't 100% sure on this.

Thanks!

I'm not really sure exactly how many gallons are in a 3.8 cu. ft. bale of ProMix, but a bought a couple 32 gallon trash cans, and figure I could split the bale and soil amendments from the kit between the two cans.

Welcome to the Hi Brix Brigade!
You already have the info you need, but for future reference, there are 7.5 gallons in one cubic foot. However, ProMix is compressed and I believe it is supposed to yield 6 cu-ft of soil. To compound the confusion (I'm excellent at that :cheesygrinsmiley:) planting pots are measure in "trade gallons", not true U.S. or Imperial gallons. There is no set standard for trade gallons, but they are typically about 20% smaller than a U.S. gallon.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and comments! That clears it up, alright. I plan to keep the trash cans in the house. We're moving to a new place in a couple of weeks and will have one room dedicated to my garden. :slide: (you guys do have some awesome emoji!)

Doc, thanks for the journal suggestion. I am in the Deep South, and need to fly under the radar with this pastime. Is a journal still cool under these conditions. I wasn't 100% sure on this.

Thanks!

I can't help you unless your crop is legal.

Back
Top Bottom