In The Lab

Aloha doc trying to catch a bit around here saw the updated instruction, what are you using the super drench for, and approximate timing? Big mahalos Doc, you've changed my life for the best and I always refer to you as one of my most influential mentors. The pakalolo has been all time, thanks to you! Mahalo!

Dang! I can't tell you how much I miss you around here! Got any current pics?

I'm using the Super Drench on the "heavy feeders." Usually the timing for it is post-cat drench....but depends on the plant. When they seem to go flat I give them the SD.

I'm also having good results....no, make that GREAT results with WayAhead10x....a foliar spray that I mix into the Brix spray at .25 oz per quart. (plus the ounce of Brix of course.) I only use this on "salt lovers" and heavy feeders. Most strains that do well in our soil need nothing in the way of special sprays, but sometimes we're growing something that needs a boost.

I wish I could have gotten a small sample since I did order in bulk and am growing salt loving OG's. I'm not in the "click" though.:wood:

I wish I could have gotten a small sample since I did order in bulk and am growing salt loving OG's. I'm not in the "click" though.:wood:

I've given it out to 4 or 5 VETERAN kit growers for testing. It's not a matter of being in a "clique" or not. It's just that there are some people who use the kit as good or better than I do and I really like their opinions on things before I start selling something.

Dang! I can't tell you how much I miss you around here! Got any current pics?

I'm using the Super Drench on the "heavy feeders." Usually the timing for it is post-cat drench....but depends on the plant. When they seem to go flat I give them the SD.

I'm also having good results....no, make that GREAT results with WayAhead10x....a foliar spray that I mix into the Brix spray at .25 oz per quart. (plus the ounce of Brix of course.) I only use this on "salt lovers" and heavy feeders. Most strains that do well in our soil need nothing in the way of special sprays, but sometimes we're growing something that needs a boost.

Ah doc you're the best. Ive been super busy over the last two or three months. Had an epic harvest in November and kind of put the garden in stasis till a week or two ago. Running a small variety of strains, some new some old - huckleberry kush, Ms. Universe Jack, kimbo kush, purple OG #18, LA is Burning, and a super blue dream cross. I have so many seeds and can't wait to get some new genetics in the rotation. Searching for a bit of motivation and coming here was the best thing I could have done. Your garden looks supreme. Following this is a pic of some ms. u Jack, in my opinion my most photogenic strain when dried and cured, and a bit of what I've been up to when the rest of my life isn't quite so demanding.

I have to say though, the herb I've had the pleasure of smoking the last year or two has been exquisite, and i simply can't get my hands on anything better. Sometimes there are elite/cup winning strains I can access, gorilla glue, sour diesel, OG kush and others, and even though they have excellent bag appeal and terpene profiles, the smoke is never the same. My biggest thanks and appreciation goes out to you doc and everyone else that's been apart of this magical journey. Craziest thing is, for the last few months, my role as a gardener has felt rather stagnant, and quite suddenly, I feel like I'm only scratching the surface. It must be this wonderful place.

Love you all.

image5632.jpeg
image5631.jpeg

Ah doc you're the best. Ive been super busy over the last two or three months. Had an epic harvest in November and kind of put the garden in stasis till a week or two ago. Running a small variety of strains, some new some old - huckleberry kush, Ms. Universe Jack, kimbo kush, purple OG #18, LA is Burning, and a super blue dream cross. I have so many seeds and can't wait to get some new genetics in the rotation. Searching for a bit of motivation and coming here was the best thing I could have done. Your garden looks supreme. Following this is a pic of some ms. u Jack, in my opinion my most photogenic strain when dried and cured, and a bit of what I've been up to when the rest of my life isn't quite so demanding.

I have to say though, the herb I've had the pleasure of smoking the last year or two has been exquisite, and i simply can't get my hands on anything better. Sometimes there are elite/cup winning strains I can access, gorilla glue, sour diesel, OG kush and others, and even though they have excellent bag appeal and terpene profiles, the smoke is never the same. My biggest thanks and appreciation goes out to you doc and everyone else that's been apart of this magical journey. Craziest thing is, for the last few months, my role as a gardener has felt rather stagnant, and quite suddenly, I feel like I'm only scratching the surface. It must be this wonderful place.

Love you all.

image5632.jpeg
image5631.jpeg

RE: This place, 420mag

Despite everything that's gone on and all the drama....bottom line is that it's the best grow community on the web. You inspired me. I'm gonna upload some pics I took today.

I've been growing 20 years, DBHBB for over a year and a half now and am on my 7th kit grow. I'm no master but I'd say I'm a VETERAN who grows O.G's and qualifies. This is the land of free opinion and I agree you know how to grow great Canabis but I differ in this specific regard.:Namaste:

RE: This place, 420mag

Despite everything that's gone on and all the drama....bottom line is that it's the best grow community on the web. You inspired me. I'm gonna upload some pics I took today.

I really haven't been checking in and must have missed any discord. If it somehow pertains to me I would appreciate a private message.

In any case, I appreciate all the knowledge that you and this place has provided me.

I've been growing 20 years, DBHBB for over a year and a half now and am on my 7th kit grow. I'm no master but I'd say I'm a VETERAN who grows O.G's and qualifies. This is the land of free opinion and I agree you know how to grow great Canabis but I differ in this specific regard.:Namaste:

I didn't realize you had that much experience in High Brix! Just remind me and I'll get you some WA on your next order.

I just wanted to stop in and share this with everyone here. I did not come up with the idea to use Excel to break down exact amounts for feedings and so forth, but while going through it I noticed an inconsistency and fixed it up. This can make it simple to measure out amounts for those not using traditional sized containers. The formulas are displayed next to the number they give as a result. Simply add a = sign to the equation and it will calculate it for you.

brix.png

During the veg phase, what is the most number of days anyone has gone in between a watering and a drench or a drench and a watering?

To answer my own question:

Starting with a seed and before the introduction of foliar feeding, my current plant went 15 days between a drench and a watering. Now that I know what to look for, I probably could have let the plant go 16 or 17 days.

To answer my own question:

Starting with a seed and before the introduction of foliar feeding, my current plant went 15 days between a drench and a watering. Now that I know what to look for, I probably could have let the plant go 16 or 17 days.

I'm sorry if I missed your question. I hope someone answered it. I miss things now and then.

I always use the weight of the containers to gauge when to water. If you're not sure what it should feel like, just let it wilt a bit one time and get a feel for the weight and center of gravity of the container. It's not just the mass, but also the shift of the CG away from the root ball towards the foliage....so a lift and tilt gives really good feedback once you develop the touch.

Nice. Took EWC and pro-mix inside to do a mix tonight. Right now my room is really cold. It's sitting at 61 in my room. I just turned on the light to see how warm it gets. I am sure once my fan is on and air is circulating temp will be fine, small heater may be needed.

My question is about brix cooking. I don't have a real warm spot downstairs. Can I place a small heating pad under my container to keep soil warm? Michigan is being cold right now.

Also, I am impatient. I might break the rules a bit. I plan on growing my seeds in some pro-mix while soil is cooking.

Nice. Took EWC and pro-mix inside to do a mix tonight. Right now my room is really cold. It's sitting at 61 in my room. I just turned on the light to see how warm it gets. I am sure once my fan is on and air is circulating temp will be fine, small heater may be needed.

My question is about brix cooking. I don't have a real warm spot downstairs. Can I place a small heating pad under my container to keep soil warm? Michigan is being cold right now.

Also, I am impatient. I might break the rules a bit. I plan on growing my seeds in some pro-mix while soil is cooking.

Yes Gaffle , that's OK brotha, you can start in regular Pro-mix and transplant to "Kit" soil when it's cooked for 30 days.The heating pad is also OK, a good idea, some of us do that too, it's always better to have that cooking soil nice and warm...but NOT hot OK! Cheers and have an awesome day Gaffle and Gang!

Yes Gaffle , that's OK brotha, you can start in regular Pro-mix and transplant to "Kit" soil when it's cooked for 30 days.The heating pad is also OK, a good idea, some of us do that too, it's always better to have that cooking soil nice and warm...but NOT hot OK! Cheers and have an awesome day Gaffle and Gang!

get the soil bin off the floor..elevate it maybe on another bin with the heating blanket under the top bin. :)

Back
Top Bottom