In The Lab

Kit ordered! I have some real beauties picked out and will wait to germ them until I have cooked my soil for the required thirty days once I make it. Gonna go straight by the book. It will take me about 30 days to read everyone's high Brix threads from cover to cover. I have been using 5 gallon pots but looks like I will find some that are at least 7 gallons. If you really want to evaluate a system it is best to follow instructions implicitly. Local store has promix HP and wiggle worm, so I guess I am set. Maybe a winter grow journal will happen.

Fantastic brotha, like your approach and attitude already. If i may make a suggestion ( gang gets ready to laugh.:grinjoint:) If you can ,try and go with at least 10 gal. homes for them. If ya want some size and yield, with a longer veg. window , it's best! Cheers eh :thumb:

With the right strain you can go from 1 gallon straight to 10 and flip. My 1st HB grow gave me 6.6 and 8.75 ounces using this method.
DSC_011824.JPG
DSC_011125.JPG
20150805_173825.jpg

The point is give them lots of soil, welcome ShiggityFlip.

Neiko,where did these pics come from bud....they're friggen awesome lookin!! Ya, so you started off with big pots then, never look back now eh pal...only way to fly. I 've found since i made the steady progression from 7's. to 10's, now with these 26ers you can tell by the size of limbs and main stalk ,they have plenty of resources. I'm pulling anywhere from 18 - over 25 zips from three plants. Hell two MK-Ultras gave me back 25 zipps. I know for sure the bigger the pot , the bigger the colas and buds, and more of em. Most people here are getting from between 2-5 z's / plant, that's good ,but i need more from only three . I have this over the top goal of 2 pounds for three plants.Using Doc's gear ,with no worries is the way. I'l need another light for that though. Anyhow, have a great night Neiko and gang.....and of course Shiggy.:passitleft:

reusing soil ovservations;

on my 4th brix grow (3 plants) with 12 month cooked soil with a lot of 3rd grow trim tossed in as available and some roots.

the soil is the same as the 3rd grow (4 plants) which was a mix of 50% used and 50% unused soil that sat for about 9 months.

The plants are doing great. They only reason they have had any Stress at 50% has been as preventive as maintenance. same as the last grow. Which turned out excellent quality by the way.

Only difference I have noted is the stems seem to be more flexible, and the last grow they were like bamboo.

Another thing noticed is both grows were planted very young with little roots and seem to be stagnant for about 2 or three weeks and you kind of get worried.

But letting them build roots as Doc recommends, then all of a sudden they start growing like crazy and hundreds of roots are soon spotted making it to the outside of the fabric bags.

Long term cooking might be advantageous if time is not an issue.

Neikodog I call total B.S.!!!!!! You have obviously gone to a zoo and cut off some elephant trunks and donkey shlongs and painted them green and stuck some moss and glitter on them. Not fair to pass that off as the real thing. ;)

Duggan and Neikodog I super appreciate the welcome wagon. I am 44 myself and started in the 90s with my own organic teas and soil, trying to replicate the garden of Eden soil as best I could. I then switched to ebb and flow when I found I could get better results but have always felt I loved the idea of making a living soil. Now I came across this thread and Doc's tech through looking at pakalolohawaii's thread just by a google image search for Dynasty Huckleberry Kush, something I was interested in. Never did I realize I was being led back to my roots!

I am super excited with Doc's kit on the way and some huckleberry Kush and agent orange arriving today. I will start them while the soil cooks and clone them. Then I can get an idea of which will be best for High Brix and have clones ready for veg as soon as the soil is nice and cooked. I am considering getting enough kit to do two more batches of soil so I can start the rotation. I don't want to have to wait to start a second round. How much in gallons does one kit produce? I may have seen it already but reading 75 forum pages in a day I realize I am going to have to go back and re read all my copy pasted nuggets of wisdom. My word document is already 80 pages of material I will have to sift through haha.

I am torn on pot size. I was going to pull the trigger on ten 7 gallon root pouch boxer brown bags but now am considering the 10 gallons. But I only ordered one doc's kit and won't have enough money to get any more for about a month. The root pouch website says the 7 gallon bags hold 7.8 gallons volume.

1. Welcome dude

2. The kit makes about 60 gals of goods. I have mine in 2 bins and rotate those too so I have 2 rounds ready whenever.

3. Get the 10's. I did 2 rounds in 7's and while it made fantastic produce, the 10's should be the new minimum...IMO.

:cool:

Neikodog I call total B.S.!!!!!! You have obviously gone to a zoo and cut off some elephant trunks and donkey shlongs and painted them green and stuck some moss and glitter on them. Not fair to pass that off as the real thing. ;)

"DBHBB - how donkey schlongs are made." :cheesygrinsmiley:

1. Welcome dude

2. The kit makes about 60 gals of goods. I have mine in 2 bins and rotate those too so I have 2 rounds ready whenever.

3. Get the 10's. I did 2 rounds in 7's and while it made fantastic produce, the 10's should be the new minimum...IMO.

:cool:

That's what I was afraid of. Gotta think of the future and go with 10G. Looks like a pack of ten of the sturdy boxer brown 10 gallon root pouch bags is 55 bucks so not too bad. Sold! Now to look for trays, maybe low boy rubbermaid containers will do. What do you use for 10 gallon pots?

That's what I was afraid of. Gotta think of the future and go with 10G. Looks like a pack of ten of the sturdy boxer brown 10 gallon root pouch bags is 55 bucks so not too bad. Sold! Now to look for trays, maybe low boy rubbermaid containers will do. What do you use for 10 gallon pots?

I highly recommend large saucers under those pots! Bottom feeding/watering is the best. 1/3 poured slowly down the top, 2/3 into the saucer to be wicked up.

I highly recommend large saucers under those pots! Bottom feeding/watering is the best. 1/3 poured slowly down the top, 2/3 into the saucer to be wicked up.
Thanks Doc, so now my plan is 1" foam insulation underneath big saucers, (prevent saucer abrasion and prevent concrete floor from stealing root heat), and 5-6 10 gallon fabric pots under two 600w hortilux bulbs. Seeing your LED grow the dormgrow 600s or 900s look like they will be an eventual replacement. My hps with digital ballast should be fine this winter though, just need LEDs by summer. Has anyone ever put LED lights inside a glass bottom vented enclosure? I was thinking of this leaving air space above and below the LEDs so they wouldn't get hot against the glass...

Hey Doc, my Colombian Punto Rojo from Cannabiogen. High Brix soil really served her well, buds swelled and got heavy. Phenotypic expression went beyond any classic sativa appearance. She had mandarine/lemoney/grape smell by the end, and the smoke is smooth sweet and sour. Up and euphoric head high! I got almost 20 seeds from the chosen branch pollination I did with my Ultra Dog male :tokin:

0052108.jpg
0071746.jpg
0111142.jpg
0101303.jpg
024354.jpg
021470.jpg
016721.jpg

0101307.jpg
0111146.jpg
014851.jpg

:tokin:

Hey Doc, my Colombian Punto Rojo from Cannabiogen. High Brix soil really served her well, buds swelled and got heavy. Phenotypic expression went beyond any classic sativa appearance. She had mandarine/lemoney/grape smell by the end, and the smoke is smooth sweet and sour. Up and euphoric head high! I got almost 20 seeds from the chosen branch pollination I did with my Ultra Dog male :tokin:

0052108.jpg
0071746.jpg
0111142.jpg
0101303.jpg
024354.jpg
021470.jpg
016721.jpg

0101307.jpg
0111146.jpg
014851.jpg

:tokin:

Friggin' amazing bro. I can only dream about the lovely flavors you get from that. :goodjob:

Terpens break into sour carrot smell, amazing :drool:

I :circle-of-love: the connection, although I still feel that basic terpene profile shoud be betted heavily. This one really is the first landrace sativa I grew that has top-notch smooth taste. It's also much more potent than all the others I grew, ok maybe except Malawi Gold, but she's too speedy for me. It goes closer to my Nanda Devi, but is more euphoric than meditative. I need to get more seeds to see the other, "purer" phenos :tokin: And it grows very well here, to be honest I didn't expect something that quick and heavy producer :slide: They say that calcium makes any produce heavier so you finish with more weight even when getting smaller buds, and I start believing it's true.

I :circle-of-love: the connection, although I still feel that basic terpene profile shoud be betted heavily. This one really is the first landrace sativa I grew that has top-notch smooth taste. It's also much more potent than all the others I grew, ok maybe except Malawi Gold, but she's too speedy for me. It goes closer to my Nanda Devi, but is more euphoric than meditative. I need to get more seeds to see the other, "purer" phenos :tokin: And it grows very well here, to be honest I didn't expect something that quick and heavy producer :slide: They say that calcium makes any produce heavier so you finish with more weight even when getting smaller buds, and I start believing it's true.

It is true bro! I've been saying it over and over and over....calcium! It's the key to high brix. You cannot achieve high brix without it. It is the key element in the soil.

Try to get your other elements in ratio and your garden will be magical, with that lovely native soil.

Back
Top Bottom