Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

The real issue isn't the stunted plants, it's having dead & soon-to-be rotting root material in the res. It's a good reason to not put two plants in the same bucket or use some netting (as recommended by @Anthony Suszko ) to try to minimize roots getting entangled. Hyrgozyme (or something similar) can help with the decaying roots, if they become a problem.
quick hack for that would be an aquarium net, sweeping it through the tote a few times netting up any suspended or floating debris..

Happy 4th to all my American friends. I love cannabis as much as I love my country. I hope you all smoke well today, including those not in the states. :love: :blunt::passitleft:

I have good news
Randy is OFFICIALLY now known as...... Randalina!:yahoo:
That's right! Randy is a girl!
I have a striking suspicion that R hybrid might be the same strain as Randy. they have the same smell and they're both hybrids. I also planted them out of the same bag seed :idea: :hmmmm:
I tried to make a 2.3 oz tincture of R hybrid it had a nice CBD buzz but not much else. I still have another 2 oz of R hybrid left to decarb and make tinctures with. Next tincture will include A LOT of kief (for me) and some flower and I'll even decarb the rest of R hybrid because I really want it to work this time. I want it to slap my bum and call me Sally, then send me off into the sunshine :rofl:
I don't have a picture of Randalina. the tiny pistils she has won't show up well. I'll wait for some full flowers before I show you guys.
Have fun everybody
Grow on Blaze on :love::blunt:

so they are strong and large enough to fight off the outside elements once replanted in the ground for an outdoor grow
oh man, I don't think I'd be able to do outside grows, you outdoor folks are emotionally strong :rofl:
everytime it would rain/ thunderstorm/ hail/ tornado I would cry for my plants :eek: :rofl:

oh man, I don't think I'd be able to do outside grows, you outdoor folks are emotionally strong :rofl:
everytime it would rain/ thunderstorm/ hail/ tornado I would cry for my plants :eek: :rofl:
I'm dead set on growing some Christmas Tree sized bitches in the backyard lol.. the plan is to hydro 10 seeds of regular mixed males and fems planting them in 3's ..I have an acre of semi private wooded land to work with as my backyard... but i need to hydro them until week 3 or 4 so they can withstand the outdoor elements like rain wind and bugs..
Mothers Day here in IL is when we are safe from frost and temps start to warm up consistently..getting plants in early would guarantee me some tall ass trees lol.. I've been experimenting with a half indoor LED and Half Outdoor grow to get 18/6 and the sun intensity here in IL is awesome.. I cannot complain about the outdoor sunlight these plants are getting. Halfway through week six one plant is 29" already and the others not far behind.

Cops say some of the plants were as large as Christmas Trees LOL..

RIP to Logan/ Old quadline. :rip:

She basically looks the same 2 months later
Just absolutely no new growth in at least 2 months. there's no room here for that!
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

I'm having to get really clever with my plant lighting schedules now with 7 plants 6 lamps and 4 closets :rofl:
only 2 soil plants remain and they got their own closet today with a 1000w lamp
one closet turns on at 6 am
one closet turns on at 8 am
one closet turns on at noon
one closet turns on at 3 pm
They also all turn off at different times :rofl:
The power company probably just gets confused now.
with 92 F outside :eek: the single AC unit in the living room is on full blast and fans push the AC into the closets.

RIP to Logan/ Old quadline. :rip:

She basically looks the same 2 months later
Just absolutely no new growth in at least 2 months. there's no room here for that!
There is new growth, but not blazing speed growth that you are accustomed to. It also may be spending time growing back roots before it decides to grow for height .. This plant could still probably use daily flushing and near future soil change to help speed recovery.. Remember, this plant was heavily toxed and recovery will be a little longer.. Don't kill it, Give it to someone with nurturing skilz.

I had a Northern Lights auto this year that only grew to about 8” tall. It was like a single little Christmas tree bud. Its curing right now. It only weighs 1.6 grams. :confused:

I had a Northern Lights auto this year that only grew to about 8” tall. It was like a single little Christmas tree bud. Its curing right now. It only weighs 1.6 grams. :confused:
I once grew purple OG kush from a bag seed and it only got 10" tall and the yield was probably 5g dry :rofl:

There is new growth, but not blazing speed growth that you are accustomed to. It also may be spending time growing back roots before it decides to grow for height .. This plant could still probably use daily flushing and near future soil change to help speed recovery.. Remember, this plant was heavily toxed and recovery will be a little longer.. Don't kill it, Give it to someone with nurturing skilz.
Sometimes I get a underperforming plant I just get tired of messing with and cull it out. If you could donate it to a friend would be cool. I just chopped one few days ago that I just couldn't seem to make happy. No time for needy MF ers :laughtwo: Sink or swim in Dankland. I've got too many that want to perform already

I didn't kill it, it was too difficult. it was just really dry and I didn't want to mix nutes for it and maybe bring it to a quick grave. So I put it outside by my car :rofl: it doesn't look like weed at this point just a dying plant. It's raining as we speak and we had plenty of sun yesterday. I'm still giving her a chance. :nervous-guy:

I once grew purple OG kush from a bag seed and it only got 10" tall and the yield was probably 5g dry :rofl:

I didn't kill it, it was too difficult. it was just really dry and I didn't want to mix nutes for it and maybe bring it to a quick grave. So I put it outside by my car :rofl: it doesn't look like weed at this point just a dying plant. It's raining as we speak and we had plenty of sun yesterday. I'm still giving her a chance. :nervous-guy:
I think it's yur lack of experience with dirt that's showing a bit. The plant is showing you that it is trying to recover.. dont give it any more nutes keep flushing it for a while if you are serious about keeping it or have a change of heart.. but like I said earlier you may have a subconscious want to rid yourself of these soil pots so you can go strictly Hydro-DWC.
Dirt plants don't and wont respond to your single system setup is why i suggested you give it to someone who has the time to spend with it.. lol putting it next to your car is a half ass attempt and i know its soon gonna meet its death .. You are not fooling me, you have tincture on your mind and this one is a prime candidate :rofl:

Update 7-11-20
I fed Jackie and Jake with week 2 bloom nutes but I diluted it to prevent any further toxicities
R indica is so big and it wants to get taller but there's no more room!
Randalina is popping pistils and she will be on week 2 bloom nutes on Monday.
Critical purple and Northern lights are on week 2 bloom nutes already and critical purple is already growing some big flowers
Picture time

here's my big 6 ft tall baby

Flowering Jackie and Jake

Thanks for reading everybody

I accidentally dropped my cheap ph meter in the bucket today! grrr! I opened it up to let it dry but as I was topping off R indica for the day it was wack on me! it said the ph was 8.6! It's broken after trying to calibrate it, it thinks 7.00 water is 10.30!
I panicked and put in 8 ml of ph down in R indica (roughly 1 ml for each .10 of ph) now I must go back to inaccurate caveman testing with testing mixtures and ph drippers!
The plants are doing well. I'm spreading them out by using gorilla tape on the ends of different lengths of bamboo stakes so that the lower parts can get light. I prop the flap of (folded over, not sticky) gorilla tape on a node and prop the other end on a node across the plant. This will improve my yield.
Here's a pic of spread out R indica. She's 10 weeks old now.

Thanks everybody for reading! My birthday is tomorrow so I probably won't have an update. Enjoy your weekend!
Grow on Blaze on! :blunt:

I accidentally dropped my cheap ph meter in the bucket today! grrr! I opened it up to let it dry but as I was topping off R indica for the day it was wack on me! it said the ph was 8.6! It's broken after trying to calibrate it, it thinks 7.00 water is 10.30!
I panicked and put in 8 ml of ph down in R indica (roughly 1 ml for each .10 of ph) now I must go back to inaccurate caveman testing with testing mixtures and ph drippers!
The plants are doing well. I'm spreading them out by using gorilla tape on the ends of different lengths of bamboo stakes so that the lower parts can get light. I prop the flap of (folded over, not sticky) gorilla tape on a node and prop the other end on a node across the plant. This will improve my yield.
Here's a pic of spread out R indica. She's 10 weeks old now.

Thanks everybody for reading! My birthday is tomorrow so I probably won't have an update. Enjoy your weekend!
Grow on Blaze on! :blunt:
:party: :happy-birthday:
Happy Birthday Bro Scientist! ..AKA RedZedHead

Good looking jungle in that tent. Have you tried super cropping to keep them out of your lights?
I'm too afraid to hurt them I figured the quadlining and bamboo sticks would work. a few days later, R indica has readjusted her leaves and the pistils are in position!

Ok cool, don’t be afraid to bend them if you need to.
I thought I heard a small crack when installing the bamboo sticks and I thought "the super cropping folks would applaud" :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom