Indica Inda Closet: Red's First Grow Journal

My bucket girls are now on week 6, or week 2 of flower. I thought there would be more pistils by now! I can hardly tell if they're girls! but I found some amber pre-flower pistils further down the plant, so I know they're both females.
CP and Randy are approaching week 4 and they are getting big! I might have to give them their own tote soon :eek: the nute bill :rip:

I've been talking to my friends a lot and sharing my knowledge. I've received comments like "bro I told you this guys a scientist" "bro you know everything there is about weed"
But I just repeat Joe Rogan when I say "I'm dumb, I just remember what smart people tell me" :rofl:
When I tell them I get most of my knowledge from this forum, I show them some cool journals and pictures and they say "so it's like Facebook for growing weed?" :rofl:

My bucket girls are now on week 6, or week 2 of flower. I thought there would be more pistils by now! I can hardly tell if they're girls! but I found some amber pre-flower pistils further down the plant, so I know they're both females.
CP and Randy are approaching week 4 and they are getting big! I might have to give them their own tote soon :eek: the nute bill :rip:

I've been talking to my friends a lot and sharing my knowledge. I've received comments like "bro I told you this guys a scientist" "bro you know everything there is about weed"
But I just repeat Joe Rogan when I say "I'm dumb, I just remember what smart people tell me" :rofl:
When I tell them I get most of my knowledge from this forum, I show them some cool journals and pictures and they say "so it's like Facebook for growing weed?" :rofl:
Dude you and The Phantom inspired me, and are inspiring others to make the "Jump To Hydrospace".. (Nerdy Star Wars Ref.) because we're seeing Hydro on many different scales-levels from closet grows to elaborate tent systems freely sharing your knowledge,experiences, success with the rest of us showing that Hydro can be successfully achieved with bucket-tote type setup's all the way up to high end large scale production.. I came in here with just some basic minimal knowledge of container growing from watching youtubes followed up with reading. I had some prior gardening and backyard pond experience raising-breeding Koi fish and water lilies.... One of the initial problems was I didn't know where I fit in with budget-scale, but the thing is your examples and success with it made it possible for us to DREAM of our own set up's.. The only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger was getting off my lazy ass, cleaning up the basement doing the needed construction work of framing up my grow space, and because I'm on a budget I cant spend $ Willy Nilly. The other night I let dreams happen. I drew up a sketch of what my mind conceived, brought it to Menards home improvement center.. A customer floor assistant saw me struggling with PVC fittings-pipes..I showed him my sketch and the pump I had stashed in a back pack.. He looked at it, studied the sketch then said said: I GOT THIS DUDE, FOLLOW ME! .. I ended up with 3 plastic 10 gallon pails, a ton of Lego pieces lol, bulk head connectors, rain bird sprayer heads all configured for 3/4 Diameter pipe and all the crap I'm gonna need... I'm so jazzed and this store assistant got me! We had fun cruising isle to isle throwing all the needed parts into the pails.. Shopping is a dream when you find someone who knows his shit.. Its almost like God sent this dude down personally to help me out.. I don't want to go too long here , but moral of the story is you have to have something that throws the switch to motivate, inspire the passion in you and you guys did that for me and others here in the group.. So thanks and cheers up to you and The Phantom!
Bro Hugs all around man,
Thanks big time !

"I just repeat what Joe Rogan says:" I'm dumb, and just remember what smart people tell me"
This is huge dude.. I'm 57 years old and just discovering this helpful life hack..

Update 6-15-2020
Today and yesterday are defoliation days according to the lunar calendar. So the trellis net was a PITA to install, and I ended up breaking a few stems in the process. But now both R hybrid and R indica are bound together in an eternal bond of love and elastic. It will also make res changes just a peach in the future :rofl: I moved the trellis net further down the plants, so you can't see it well in the photo. bud I made sure every cola/ stalk made its way to the trellis net. This is especially difficult because R indica has taken on more of a bush shape, where R hybrid is just shooting for the skies. It's only a 3x3 ft trellis net but I use all of it in the closet.
Plants are getting big and my soil plants keep :rip: dieing.
Picture time!

The tote plants on the left are approaching 4w old. (back: Critical purple, front: Randy)

3w old plants in the right tote. (Back: Sour plum, Front: Northern Lights)

You definitely can't see the trellis net, but that means it's working!

That's all I got folks. I'm glad I can come here and inspire you guys. I'm usually the one so fascinated and blown away by everybody's old stoner/ grow stories :rofl:
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

Update 6-15-2020
Today and yesterday are defoliation days according to the lunar calendar. So the trellis net was a PITA to install, and I ended up breaking a few stems in the process. But now both R hybrid and R indica are bound together in an eternal bond of love and elastic. It will also make res changes just a peach in the future :rofl: I moved the trellis net further down the plants, so you can't see it well in the photo. bud I made sure every cola/ stalk made its way to the trellis net. This is especially difficult because R indica has taken on more of a bush shape, where R hybrid is just shooting for the skies. It's only a 3x3 ft trellis net but I use all of it in the closet.
Plants are getting big and my soil plants keep :rip: dieing.
Picture time!

The tote plants on the left are approaching 4w old. (back: Critical purple, front: Randy)

3w old plants in the right tote. (Back: Sour plum, Front: Northern Lights)

You definitely can't see the trellis net, but that means it's working!

That's all I got folks. I'm glad I can come here and inspire you guys. I'm usually the one so fascinated and blown away by everybody's old stoner/ grow stories :rofl:
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:
Lookin Good Bro-Scientist :laugh:

Oh farts :eek: :rip: I think R hybrid is a male. gonna confirm it with some ball-bag photos on here. then I'll chop him down :(:straightface:

Oh farts :eek: :rip: I think R hybrid is a male. gonna confirm it with some ball-bag photos on here. then I'll chop him down :(:straightface:
if it is a male harvest him for polen and cross your own strains dude. Just bag a branch or two, you dont need to pollinate the whole plant. You could potentially have a nice cache of a couple hundred seeds to F around with and trade.. Think of it as a form of currency?
RedZedHead Hybrid?

if it is a male harvest him for polen and cross your own strains dude. Just bag a branch or two, you dont need to pollinate the whole plant. You could potentially have a nice cache of a couple hundred seeds to F around with and trade.. Think of it as a form of currency?
RedZedHead Hybrid?
:thumb:

RedZedHead Hybrid?
I don't have the space to do this, or the patience, but down the road in my growing career that's something I definitely want to try. but at the moment, I'm back to 11 plants :eek: R hybrid will not be forgotten, and I will dedicate a tincture to him.

I don't have the space to do this, or the patience, but down the road in my growing career that's something I definitely want to try. but at the moment, I'm back to 11 plants :eek: R hybrid will not be forgotten, and I will dedicate a tincture to him.
If you did, I'd discreetly mail you a $20 bill for 15 seeds... get my point lol.. Would help out with your nute bill if 10 guys sent you $20.00 :laugh:
But i get it, It's something you should have a plan for down the road, I'd totally order from Bro-Scientist Seed Bank :rofl:

BTW, Pollen is good for a couple years if stored correctly.. may be something you kick yourself in the ass for not doing while opportunity knocks?, But whatever lol.. it's your call and i respect that..

" That's all I got folks. I'm glad I can come here and inspire you guys. "I'm usually the one so fascinated and blown away by everybody's old stoner/ grow stories"
Laughing because I think the old stoner stories remark is pointed at me :rofl:
But seriously, when I came to this group, 3 people stood out inspiring me right away. A very smart teacher named Emilya, a 21 year old go getter growing amazing plants in his closets, and a MacGyverish dude with trouble shooting ability with 3 tents doing crazy cool stuff who always has time to talk shop.. You are in my top 3 people I follow here lol..

" That's all I got folks. I'm glad I can come here and inspire you guys. "I'm usually the one so fascinated and blown away by everybody's old stoner/ grow stories"
Laughing because I think the old stoner stories remark is pointed at me :rofl:
But seriously, when I came to this group, 3 people stood out inspiring me right away. A very smart teacher named Emilya, a 21 year old go getter growing amazing plants in his closets, and a MacGyverish dude with trouble shooting ability with 3 tents doing crazy cool stuff who always has time to talk shop.. You are in my top 3 people I follow here lol..

That means a lot. I need to shoutout my top 3 too
@Emilya who quickly got me watering my soil plants correctly, (even tho I'm going full DWC)
@Pennywise always has great advice
@Virgin Ground always offers a supportive hand :love:

If you did, I'd discreetly mail you a $20 bill for 15 seeds... get my point lol.. Would help out with your nute bill if 10 guys sent you $20.00 :laugh:
But i get it, It's something you should have a plan for down the road, I'd totally order from Bro-Scientist Seed Bank :rofl:

BTW, Pollen is good for a couple years if stored correctly.. may be something you kick yourself in the ass for not doing while opportunity knocks?, But whatever lol.. it's your call and i respect that..
It sounds like pollen chuckers paradise would be interesting for you to check out. a thread by @Dankman_420 all about males and crossing and such. that stuff gives me a headache :eek: but it is truly fascinating

Awww.... Sweet.:green_heart:
Thanks for the shout out.
I'm very, very slowly catching up with journals. June is especially busy for me.

The hydro chickies look fantastic.:goodjob:

It sounds like pollen chuckers paradise would be interesting for you to check out. a thread by @Dankman_420 all about males and crossing and such. that stuff gives me a headache :eek: but it is truly fascinating
LOL.. I've been following Pollen Chuckers thread here and there.. I started out with a plan that got totally screwed by Covid19 delays, not being able to plant Acapulco Gold Reg the old school Sativa I originally intended growing. I ended up with 3 female Afghani plants and nothing to pollinate with. My 2nd Hydro grow will be better planned out staggering grows at 3-4 week intervals meaning i wont plant everything all at once hoping for the timing to work out.. I'm also going to order seeds from reliable vendors like Sensi, and Seedsman who have better quality stock so I have better success with germination. But hey, you live and you learn.. I said this earlier and it holds true for me.. "By the 3rd time I usually nail it"eliminating most of the newbie mistakes. By staggering grows, males should already have matured and shot their wad and wont be a problem of unwanted pollination.. I'll also monitor males and separate them just before pods burst open.. The thing is I'm so new-green at this never having raised a plant beyond 2" tall that I'm spending the time right now getting to know the structure of my plants and how they are talking to me., I notice them getting puckery in individual leaf segments if I'm over feeding them. I'm also getting good at knowing when they are happy or drooping so using this as the learning curve.. This is the first time I've done head chops but finding out it may not be needed because this species grows a little differently reading Sensi Seeds description of Afghani #1 Regular. It's not a typical bushy closet grow plant. It grows like a stick with buds forming around Y beams up and down the plant and when finished growing looks like one long solid bud.. So asking for help, or asking how does this plant look to you? may end up being futile unless you are familiar with growing this species. Right now the daily growth is amazing and description of finishing this plant sounds Fing cool.. For a first time grow, I'm expecting a nice sized yield from 3 plants, and something Id like to try again now knowing this plants growing tendencies. This is also not a typical grow, splitting time between 8 hours of outdoor intense sunlight combined with LED grow booth 18/6 veg daily. This plant grows taller outdoors so hoping the extra work of hauling them in and out of the house every day pays off.

Afghani #1 Regular growth pattern
You can expect robust, medium-sized plants with strong branches and lush foliage. Give them at least eight weeks to grow. The flowering phase lasts around seven to nine weeks. Growth is limited, as is typical of indica. You can expect your plants to more or less double in size.
When the resin-covered buds and pistils gradually turn from white to orange, you will know that it is time to harvest. The entire main stem of the plant will have changed into a single, resin-covered flower cluster. The smaller buds on the lower parts of the plant will boost your yield, so make sure you pluck them as well.
You can look forward to large, compact, heavy buds that retain their weight even after drying. To increase your yield even further, you could try a Sea of Green (SOG).
( “SOG,” is a method of growing marijuana that forces flowering at a young age. The plants will have only been in vegetative state for about two weeks. This method allows you to harvest much earlier than growing your plants normally. )

Back
Top Bottom