Intelligent gro: How to get a supplier to fix their product?

Jandre or graytail, you get your replacements yet?

Nope. He may be waiting for parts from China ...

But I think he just blew me off. My understanding is that he's abandoning the whole thing, and opening a vape bar instead.

Wizgrow bought directly from CTLite and was able to get parts from them when his failed. If necessary, I can always do that. Meanwhile, I have 5 good modules, and I'll just turn them down to 80% power and hope for the best. I'll probably look into a beefier power cord, too. Even 400 watts is too much for 18 gauge.

Nope. He may be waiting for parts from China ...

But I think he just blew me off. My understanding is that he's abandoning the whole thing, and opening a vape bar instead.

Wizgrow bought directly from CTLite and was able to get parts from them when his failed. If necessary, I can always do that. Meanwhile, I have 5 good modules, and I'll just turn them down to 80% power and hope for the best. I'll probably look into a beefier power cord, too. Even 400 watts is too much for 18 gauge.

That's a real shame man, sorry you had to go through that bs.

Sad. Unfortunately I saw this coming and is the reason I didn't send him my light. What a tool.
I'm sure you could get cobs directly from ctlite if needed. That's what I plan on doing. Still, this is sad.

Please excuse my stupidity here, but I've been trying to wrap my head around the term "cobs", and have been winging it whenever I see it. Can anybody out there help my out with this?
As for Jummejum's question, you can take it to my thread, but I would need a lot more info as to what you have in mind, and what the 10W LED you have in mind. I can tell you this much, I don't believe an all white led light is a good idea, but I could be wrong. I'd want a good look at the spec sheet, but all the white LED's I've looked at are not full spectrum, and weak in the far red's. Then I could be wrong as they keep changing things all the time. Hiker is right about getting those drivers pre made unless you know how to build a good power supply.

The "cob" is the center cluster of led. If you look at the design of the lights, there's a small array of lights north, south, east and west. They are all 3w or 5w LEDs. The center is the big one. It's just a 1.25x1.25 inch board with a whack load of diodes. 20 or 25 if I remember correctly. There's a video on YouTube that shows you how to change the cob. Just found it yesterday.

COB = Chip on Board ... ?

Sumpin "On Board" :cheesygrinsmiley:

21 x 3 watters = 63 watts each. The COB design has some distinct advantages - source mixing of the spectra and more effective lensing - but low heat isn't one of them.

[Edit] Interestingly enough, one of 420's sponsors uses the opposite approach. Smart Grow uses many 0.3? watt diodes across much more area. They also are developing phosphor tech - more efficiency. Very interesting stuff!

Check 'em out.

Chip On Board, in other words a string of LED's driven by one driver. I would have called it a line. I figured it was something like that. I have heard the turn tossed around, and in some cases incorrectly so I was confused. I still have yet to see a LED system, all I've seen is pictures of some of them. This by no means is saying I don't have a handle of how these things work, just that I have not seen a manufactured unit from anybody up close and personal. Only the one I made.

Please excuse my stupidity here, but I've been trying to wrap my head around the term "cobs", and have been winging it whenever I see it. Can anybody out there help my out with this?
As for Jummejum's question, you can take it to my thread, but I would need a lot more info as to what you have in mind, and what the 10W LED you have in mind. I can tell you this much, I don't believe an all white led light is a good idea, but I could be wrong. I'd want a good look at the spec sheet, but all the white LED's I've looked at are not full spectrum, and weak in the far red's. Then I could be wrong as they keep changing things all the time. Hiker is right about getting those drivers pre made unless you know how to build a good power supply.

White LEDs are wasteful. One of the big advantages of LED lighting is providing specific wavelengths.
I do prefer a couple in the panel, but they are for the grower, no so much the plants. :winkyface:

Well Hiker, I know you are right about the white LEDs for the most part, and this is just opinion, but I think the whites do more than just give the user more to see. I would not have bothered to use them if I didn't think they were doing something for me. I believe the whites are covering a lot of the minor colors that would have taken a bunch more LED's to cover. For instance, I would not waste money putting yellow LED's, but I hear plants use a small amount of it. So I think of the whites like minor nutes they don't do much, but if you don't have them are you missing something. Keep the whites, they are doing no harm. I would not spend money on an all white LED system, but in the blend it should be good.

I lost another module overnight ... :laughtwo:

What a piece of crap.

Damn bro.......this shit is starting to concern me. I'm still solid since all the replacements but........Damn!

I also just starting using GLR to fill my SCROG (moved the 8x 180w' s into the 4x8 for much more light) and found out neither of my controllers (version 3.16) hold the settings during power off and go directly to sunny :(

If it's not one thing.......it's another.....

Hard to think that someone didn't figure out (the manf) that running lots of current needs a larger power cord.
That isn't anywhere near rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom