Intelligent gro: How to get a supplier to fix their product?

I literally couldnt touch the cord when all channels were 100%. When 8 of my cobs blew I was running 100 bloom, 100 veg and 80-85 grow/intense. I've been running everything @100% for 10 days with 1 issue, but I think that was just a small air gap close to the main cob because I neglected to put in a screw holding the pcb to the aluminum heat transfer sheet. So far my highest temp in my room at light level is 88. Hottest inside the light (probe is in middle of the light, heatsink side, touching the transfer sheet or the seperater sheet between the top and bottom of the light) has been 85. My cold air doesn't get to the farthest corner fans as well as I would like, but the middle of the fan casing on top is cool to the touch. The fans have good air draw. Heat at top of canopy is mid 70's and floor hovering at 70.
So far, so good.

Those temps sound good.
And from your earlier response to me, there may have been other problems with the light,
but a too small power cord can cause lots of chain link effects. You're lucky that it didn't start a fire.

I would keep an eye on the components, as the high heat and power drains may have shortened or altered their life cycle.

Good luck.

To all you guys out there still fighting this problem with your lights and have not replaced the power cord, I don't know why. It will not hurt anything to have too large of a power cable, ask Squeeg, he used a 10G wire. Overkill to say the least, but he is still running. As I said before, take a volt meter to the power cord when it comes into your unit on and off. Those digital components can't take much of a voltage drop before they go all crazy and do things like starting you light up in a different mode than you left it in. Try using 14G, or bigger. If you have to use an extension cord, or are going more than 10' from the power source than go up one gauge.

Jandre or graytail, you get your replacements yet?
Got my replacement, no return label for defective one. Sent message about it, got reply that he'd send it the next day... seven days ago. Still nothing. Sent e-mail about it today. Waiting for reply.

EDIT: Receivet this reply
I will do it tonight or tomorrow. I have to head out for some errands then dinner with family.

Thanks for the reminder.

Wow, I am just jawdropped and shocked to see so many people having issues with these lights, and hardly any response from the company. I'm just completely shocked. I am feeling so bad that being I was one of the first testers of this product line that many other's have probably purchased these lights because of my journals. Even though my experience wasn't flawless, the lights did grow nice buds, when COB's weren't flashing but after seeing the repeat problems of many many people using these lights, I feel horrible for even being the "test grower" for these lights as I probably influenced many to purchase them.

I had problems too, with 2 out of the 3 lights I was using, replaced the power supply on one and it was fine, and the other one stopped acting up when I removed the controller. I didn't expect to see just about every single user of the lights have issues. IF I would have known ahead of time I would have never even accepted the opportunity to test run them. I feel so bad that everyone is having these issues and even worse that the company owner is not being professional or responsible about taking care of the issue. Poor customer service.

Anyhow, I know when the lights are working they work nice, but I feel absolutely horrible that many of you probably purchased the lights with my journal helping to influence the decision.... and I sincerely apologize! I have also put a disclaimer on every one of my grow journals for these lights saying that I no longer can recommend them to anyone based on all the issues that seem to be popping up. I hope everyone gets resolution and the company steps up to take care of their responsibilities.

Damn bro.......this shit is starting to concern me. I'm still solid since all the replacements but........Damn!

I also just starting using GLR to fill my SCROG (moved the 8x 180w' s into the 4x8 for much more light) and found out neither of my controllers (version 3.16) hold the settings during power off and go directly to sunny :(

If it's not one thing.......it's another.....

You shouldn't run these panels off a timer. The fans continue to run for several minutes after the controller turns them off. I always worried about a hot soak. But Icemud did run his successfully off a timer, so ... dunno. Heheh, my caution was to no avail anyway.

You should be able to do a GLR with the controller ... no? Keep in mind, it slowly increases and decreases over the time period - doesn't go from 0% to 100% - it does it gradually over the hour.

Damn bro.......this shit is starting to concern me. I'm still solid since all the replacements but........Damn!

I also just starting using GLR to fill my SCROG (moved the 8x 180w' s into the 4x8 for much more light) and found out neither of my controllers (version 3.16) hold the settings during power off and go directly to sunny :(

If it's not one thing.......it's another.....

You shouldn't run these panels off a timer. The fans continue to run for several minutes after the controller turns them off. I always worried about a hot soak. But Icemud did run his successfully off a timer, so ... dunno. Heheh, my caution was to no avail anyway.

You should be able to do a GLR with the controller ... no? Keep in mind, it slowly increases and decreases over the time period - doesn't go from 0% to 100% - it does it gradually over the hour.

I run mine with my GLR schedule on an external timer. Have done two runs now, one with the 270w (3-light fixture), and one with the three 90w lights. My problem with the lights didn't start until week 5 of flower - - which was 5 weeks after the GLR. I can also confirm that it does wipe your own programming on the "Custom" setting and change to SUNNY. But this is okay with me because I'd have to change the custom program from 18/6 to 12/12 anyway.

Question: did anyone get operating instructions? I didn't. Not that I would have read them at first, but still would be nice to have.

Question: did anyone get operating instructions? I didn't. Not that I would have read them at first, but still would be nice to have.
Those are available at www dot intelligent gro dot com /index.php/blog/custom-light-management-controller (remove the space between intelligent and gro. it's been auto-edited by the site guidelines)

Only my Generation 1 panels timer (cant remember the verion but it was like 3.12) worked when fully powered off and recalled the settings, I tried 3 controllers with the Gen 2 lights and none of them would hold the settings after a full power down (timer).

I stopped using a timer as well for that reason. I just set an alarm when it's time to turn on and off.
Funny how it will remember the actual time, but won't keep any settings.

I would not put too much importance into the fans shutting down after the lights are off, and you can use a timer if you want. the fans are on a thermal sensor that takes a little time to cool, but once the power is cut off to the LED's they are not making any more heat, and will not be harmed if the fans are not on. Any heat left over will be sucked into the heat sink with or without a fan.
Sounds to me like those lights have a bunch of problems. I sure would like to see one, but not without a schematic. Little chance of that though, most likely they will not release that info. What did you guys have to pay for a metal can full of problems anyway?

I should have added, if you do use a timer it will turn off anything you may have set up, and revert back to whatever factory setting they have. If there is an internal timer it should turn the lights back on to where you set it. If it does not, than the light has a problem.

I would not put too much importance into the fans shutting down after the lights are off, and you can use a timer if you want. the fans are on a thermal sensor that takes a little time to cool, but once the power is cut off to the LED's they are not making any more heat, and will not be harmed if the fans are not on. Any heat left over will be sucked into the heat sink with or without a fan.
Sounds to me like those lights have a bunch of problems. I sure would like to see one, but not without a schematic. Little chance of that though, most likely they will not release that info. What did you guys have to pay for a metal can full of problems anyway?

Ya.... I don't see issues with a heat spike and the timer so far.

FYI - I own CTLite and paid $180 x8 a piece for the 190w (2 panel) lights. I got the Gen 3 lights sent with the Gen 2 COBS which was a small nightmare to replace them all - but now on 2 months with no problems aside from the controller issues. Mine also had no Manual switches - I did not know until afterwards that I needed to request them.

I has happy on my first grow ever with them - only .53 per watt......but hey, I'm new :) I just moved them all under a 4x8 vs the 5x10 they started in...... hoping for some big improvements on the second try!

I should have added, if you do use a timer it will turn off anything you may have set up, and revert back to whatever factory setting they have. If there is an internal timer it should turn the lights back on to where you set it. If it does not, than the light has a problem.

It's not the lights - its the controller - for some reason it saves the date, must be a LARGE capacitor for it or a small battery ....or something - not up on my old tech skills! But it loses any lighting settings...not storing to ROM effectively. AND for some reason I have had partial success with the settings being saved when changing the "sunny" config.......... go figure. But custom gets wiped every time..........

To play it safe I reset the timer hours to match my lighting schedule ... I run at night. Might also put the same light with the controller on my UPS for quick power outages...... won't last long but good for the quick ones which happen fairly frequent here in Central America........

I went to the iGro site and the 10 cob light is not available. So they apparently pulled the plug on it.
Sorry for your problems, I can only imagine how frustating it must of been.
LED lights are so new without much time to get a track record. So it is going to be a crap shoot. I am moving to the PlatinumLED line at the moment.

I went to the iGro site and the 10 cob light is not available. So they apparently pulled the plug on it.
Sorry for your problems, I can only imagine how frustating it must of been.
LED lights are so new without much time to get a track record. So it is going to be a crap shoot. I am moving to the PlatinumLED line at the moment.

I got convinced that I needed more light on a different thread..... but instead of ordering more of these I switched them to a smaller space. so I ordered tried and true Mars reflectors. I know there is no definitive answer yet to spectrum but from everything I have read so far I like the Mars reflectors...... seems less waste on leds that are not needed ........ the little bit of white covers the other areas without dedicated LEDs to them. Plus no lenses. 5x5 area now covered with a center Mars 1200w and a 48x3 reflector in each corner/plant. Using the reflectors only in GLR to fill in the SCROG...... we will see how this work - I'm still at the beginning of the learning curve here :)

I'm leaning towards Mars as well. I just haven't come across any reviews of the reflector series, and I would like to see the new line coming out before I make my decision. But I will not buy another single large light. I think many smaller ones would be more sensible

Back
Top Bottom