Intelligent gro: How to get a supplier to fix their product?

I'm leaning towards Mars as well. I just haven't come across any reviews of the reflector series, and I would like to see the new line coming out before I make my decision. But I will not buy another single large light. I think many smaller ones would be more sensible

Hey squeeg -> have you looked at my current grow? i am using 2 96x3w reflector leds (topled/mars-hydro)

JummeJum's Double Reflector Meltdown

Yes I've been waiting for results on your grow. Looking good. How do you like the lights so far? I personally think the reflector itself is a great idea. What kind of temps are they putting out? Any issues not explained yet?
As I said earlier, I'm waiting for the new line to be released before I make a final decision, just in case the new line is better, or just better performance overall.

Yes I've been waiting for results on your grow. Looking good. How do you like the lights so far? I personally think the reflector itself is a great idea. What kind of temps are they putting out? Any issues not explained yet?
As I said earlier, I'm waiting for the new line to be released before I make a final decision, just in case the new line is better, or just better performance overall.

Cool :) I bought my first reflector jan/feb 2014, and the second one half a year later. I don't know about operating temperature, i run two of them in a 60x60 grow tent, with a 247m3 inline fan, and temps are 27-28C degress throughout the day. Well if spectrum is all that is needed the old mars 100x3w model would be just as good, same spectrum but it runs full power.
I like that the reflector model comes with a "saving" feature.

Fans are loud, i had to replace mine. Besides that the product is pretty solid, easy to replace fans, i haven't experienced any faults yet. The casing could have been worked out better, designwise.

I don't know about their new productline, they cut away the IR diodes, but i like the fact that they're using COB leds which gives a better mix of the diodes.

I am working on my own 10x10W Cob led panel, and i will do a test between the reflector and that one.

Sun series look pretty good so far. Price (New Tech) and footprints don't really work for me ATM though. I think the biggest improvement I remember hearing is the better light mix from being COB which makes sense...... BUT also using a bunch of smaller lights like the 48x3w should provide the same on that I would think - my thinking anyway.

We should take this stuff over to the LED Lights thread and stick with IGRO/CTlight here though - My bad :)

As far as waiting on a new line - I have been in "Tech" since 91' and have found if I'm always waiting for the new it will never end since "IT" never ends :)

On these lights though - they have been getting a pretty good bashing and deservedly so but I also think it a good reminder to say when working the are pretty damn good - I love the fact that I can change the colors and intensity so easy. Running hot here now in my part of the world. I run my lights at night when electricity is cheaper and the temps cooler but I am riding the edge at 85F of full intensity at 8pm no matter how I vent/circulate. Going from 50-50-80 @ 8pm to 100-100-100 @ 10pm then the reverse in the morning so far keeps me peaked at 82F. This is running (8) True 190w in a 4x8' tent - So they are now getting PLENTY of light!

I'm about to harvest 1 test plant today. Anyone know what hoar frost is? That's what my bud looks like. Yea I hate this igro light, yet I love it while it's working. I'll post a pic once I figure out how to upload one.

I also prefer to use more smaller panels. I have one P300 which is working fine. I have 1 more on order. After that I may get a P450. Take a look at this PlatinumLED line so far it is putting out good quality panels. Keep in mind the larger units like the P1200 weighs a whopping 45 pounds. That is another reason I am staying with the smaller panels. I don’t like handling lights more than about 15-20 pounds.

With LEDs, more smaller panels is usually better. The logic is different from HIDs because, with HIDs, you had to also consider penetration. A 600W HPS does not 'throw' the light as far as a 1000W HPS, so your penetration is lower. With LEDs, the bigger panels just have more LEDs. They all 'throw' the light the same distance. This is one of the areas LED tech beats HID. We can spread out the LEDs better then HIDs.

It does cost more to buy multiple lights. You are paying for more cases, wiring, switches, plugs, etc, but I think it's worth it.
This isn't just speculation. I've put my $$ where my mouth is. I didn't have to get 24 lights. I probably could have gotten 4-6 large ones, but my coverage would not have been as even.

Dave and "his" light.
I had this man In my home and within 20 minutes It was obvious the man had no idea what he was talking about
.he insulted my wife,
dropped a light on a plant killing it ,
and refused to smoke my offering(bluedream bubble and trainwreck buds) but instead pulled out some shatter and a rig took a massive dab then put it away.
I put up with the BS just to get my hands on the free lights.
HUGE mistake!.
Turns out the guy is a hustler that saw an opportunity and took it.
Unfortunately some great growers got fooled.
If you use a larger power wire the power boxes start melting.
the control boards that everything plugs in to will actually smoke.

Here's the last email I got from the loser on February 9, 2015:

I can tell you that not one customer have I ever disregarded. I have had only a few that it was a bit more difficult to handle and took much longer than any of us wanted. But the other 98% of everyone has been handled efficiently and I will continue to do such.

I will get these out to you within the next 48hrs. I have to go pick them up from my electronic engineer who lives in a neighboring city and does his work from his own office.

Thanks for getting back to me and I am glad your able to help it makes things easier for us all.

Would you rather have a grinder or a custom blown spoon?

Today I have a flashing COB in addition to the two that burned out. This is the panel he sent as a replacement for the first one, which which was fine except for just one flashing COB. So now I have only 4 of 6 modules working, and one of those is flashing.

Nothing from David.

You'd think he'd neglect the customers who don't post on a popular international online forum, wouldn't you?

Guess I am now Grateful to have bought mine from CTlite....... especially at 45% of the price. While i did have to fix all the COB's to update the mistake they shipped out (V2 to V3). All 8 of my 190w dual modules are performing fantastic.

Not saying they are best lights by any means but the flexibility to control spectrum and intensity are a HUGE bonus to me - I run at night and with careful timing I can run 100-100-100 at 47w per square foot for just over 9 of the 12 hours not exceeding 81f last check which is big since I would rather run the lights full blown than run the AC :)

And definitely reading more issues with the big panels that are Igro specific than anything else.....

Didn't Dave try 2 different vendors? I think the problem model was the one he tried from the new vendor, not CT Lite.

Didn't Dave try 2 different vendors? I think the problem model was the one he tried from the new vendor, not CT Lite.

Could be the issue right there in itself............

To be honest the whole lighting industry right now has me a little exhausted with all the BS........

So I have turned my attention and research now towards NUTES - and wow - just as much frustration/fun :)

Still running Jacks and loving it at apprx 1/10th the price and willing to give MaxiBloom a try but I have a feeling I will be mixing my own salts sometime this year.

These 10 cob models sound like your worst nightmare when buying a light. Obviously the manufacturer didn’t do their homework when putting these lights together. And considering how expensive they are, and second rate service I doubt I would consider buying one. I would be surprised if this company is even in business a year from now.

Both of the lights were from Ctlite... Gen 1 had a different COB arrangement as well as different 3w diodes surrounding the cob, Gen 2 just was a different spectrum... other than that, I believe everything else is the same...

Both of the lights were from Ctlite... Gen 1 had a different COB arrangement as well as different 3w diodes surrounding the cob, Gen 2 just was a different spectrum... other than that, I believe everything else is the same...

To add according to Ctlite - the Gen2 had 5w more per module but I never tested it ........

Could be the issue right there in itself............

To be honest the whole lighting industry right now has me a little exhausted with all the BS........

So I have turned my attention and research now towards NUTES - and wow - just as much frustration/fun :)

Still running Jacks and loving it at apprx 1/10th the price and willing to give MaxiBloom a try but I have a feeling I will be mixing my own salts sometime this year.

hmmmm.... :hmmmm:

maybe it's the tech background, but we think alike. :blalol:

I've went round and round with LEDs. I often end up at the point of deciding to make my own, but then time gets in the way. :biglaugh:

In my nute research, I often end up at the same place. :winkyface:

I lost another module overnight. :laughtwo:

So out of 6, I now have 2 working, 3 dead, and 1 blinking. And this is the series II - the replacement.

We are very sorry to hear the mess this individual has caused for so many of you and as a result, we will not be renewing ad campaigns for Intelligent Gro. :Namaste:

The way I see it, any manf can have a bad product, either through design or components.
The key is do they step up when it breaks, ie do they honor their warranty, do they try and make their customers happy.

While happy customers can spread the word, so too can dissatisfied ones.
I would hope that any company that seeks to stay in business for the long term would want happy customers.

Back
Top Bottom