InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Good morning everyone! Thank you so much for all of your words of wisdom over the weekend :thanks:. Even if you said to wait, your advice was well-considered.

The decision to chop Monday vs next Saturday was influenced by a few things, but mostly by Van, Amy, and newty talking about what sativas looks like as they age and how they can get stoney if you wait too long. The one thing I didn't want was another bunch of couchlock jars like the Blueberry I have a lot of. So rather than take a chance on this getting overripe as the sun comes out this week, I took it down.

So...incoming picture dump! Don't quote, just reply :).

AK-47 CHOP DAY! FLIP DAY 65.

Of course, we need the pre-chop pics:

Here's what it looked like after the chop!

Piled high on the table:

Post wash draining:

The wash water (really, who still doesn't wash their buds and wants to smoke/eat all this?):

My homage to @Amy Gardner with her silhouette pic:

Drip dry:

Into the copy-paper box to bring into the garage for trimming at 9:15pm last night.

As I mentioned a while back, this was going to be a pain in the ass to trim. Lots of fans in the buds and not a lot of calyx. What I ended up doing was taking off the easy fans from below the buds and the ones inside the buds that were big enough to get a hold of, and then trimming the rest. I didn't want to take off the sugar leaves as that's most of the buds, so this was a loose trim. The jams were Big Swing Face (Bruce Hornsby electronic) and a band called Eastern Conference Champions:

I saved all the trim and froze it and I'll see if there is any sugar on what I took off. If not I'll toss it. If so I'll add it to the next batch of topical oil I make.

Total wet trim was 123 grams, but like I said, most of that was fans.

Trimmed and hanging back in the shed. So glad I don't have to dry this in boxes :). RH is around 70% and temps around 67º F. Not much I can do about it if that's not anyone's ideal ;). There is a fan near ground level on low.

Total bud/stem weight wet was 820 grams post trim.

Here is a pic of a bud this morning, sparkly with the flash on!

After I chopped and washed (but before the trim) the guy who gave me this clone came over and I showed him the buds hanging in the shed. He said, "This is from one plant?" I said yes. He said, "How tall was it?" I said about 2 feet. He couldn't believe it!

And in case anyone is wondering about the garden work that got done over the last three days, it was 21 holes ($20 to my son), 21 plants, 27 hand-built berms, two rolls of weed block, 225 garden staples, and 21 bags of bark chips bought over 3 trips to the garden center. Three days of two people crawling around on their hands and knees, and this is how it turned out:
View media item 1555203
View media item 1555202
Not too shabby. We had an English tea party with crumpets and cake in the afternoon to show it all off...the backyard completed after years of planning and months of work. Then clean up, dinner, trimming, clean up. And just before I fell asleep last night after all that, my wife said, "Now what about the ground lighting?" :eek:

Last thing...the second Brooklyn Sunrise seed split and I thought I'd try something new and go with wet paper towel. That's going in the comparative grow thread though, not here.

Thanks for all your support ideas and hopes and encouragement on getting this AK-47 to harvest. I am such a better grower with all of you by my side. I wouldn't want to grow any other way.
:thanks: again and :Namaste:

Carrying on with the rest now, a simpler grow for a while. Phewf!

Nice yard adornment.......sweet...maybe one day I'll get this house done.....but it's a slow steady process.......

Very nice..... :thumb:

Nice yard adornment.......sweet...maybe one day I'll get this house done.....but it's a slow steady process.......Very nice..... :thumb:
Thanks Bonsai! I wondered where you disappeared to but your absence hasn't kept you from running away with the MOTM votes so far ;).
Looking good next to the shed, Shed.:welldone: and a nice harvest to boot.
Thanks Derby. It was hard not to do my standard @Kingjoe83 tight trim, but I was afraid I'd be left with next to nothing on the stems!
there are some gorgeous pics there i particularly liked the amy tribute and the frog perspective
Always keep a GoPro attached to the frog. You never know when you'll get some good pics. Thanks Pt :).

And looks like a beautiful green lawn. My lawn stays pretty in the winter/fall/spring. But when the temps climb in the summer,,,, she gets unhappy. My lawn really old, and can use a airiation. Or however, it's spelled.
You got it looking pretty from here.... GL

And looks like a beautiful green lawn. My lawn stays pretty in the winter/fall/spring. But when the temps climb in the summer,,,, she gets unhappy. My lawn really old, and can use a airiation. Or however, it's spelled.
You got it looking pretty from here.... GL
Because it's plastic :). Being water wise front and back. And no more mowing and edging and gas fumes and engine noise. I have enough plants to keep the wildlife happy though.

Thanks Bonsai! I wondered where you disappeared to but your absence hasn't kept you from running away with the MOTM votes so far ;).

Yeah...I voted for someone else...and noticed that the votes were in my favor at this point..... was really surprised with my absolute absence from the drop test of my phone while out of town. Don't think it got to terminal velocity in 40 feet, but learned that even an Otterbox case won't prevent a phone screen from shattering when hitting a concrete floor at that speed. Siri saved me.....but didn't allow for internet browsing. Next time I'll try to remember the Ipad too.....:eek:

Because it's plastic :).

No wonder it looks so good.....still....nice beds....

Congrats on the harvest and good job on the landscape. Did you put some drip hose under the mulch? The weedblock really helps. I’ve been doing Cali native plants mostly in the yard, they can be hard to get established, especially the last few draught years when they can’t get watered to get established.
:goodjob:

Congrats on the harvest and good job on the landscape. Did you put some drip hose under the mulch? The weedblock really helps. I’ve been doing Cali native plants mostly in the yard, they can be hard to get established, especially the last few draught years when they can’t get watered to get established.
:goodjob:
Didn't do a drip line yet. I'll just use the hose once a week when they're established. I water the trees in the back (pomegranate and lemon) with water from a bucket in the bathtub to catch what gets wasted warming it up. I have the old valves back there so I could run a whole micro-system like I have in the front beds. Not sure I feel like putting in the work at the moment ;).

Yeah...I voted for someone else...and noticed that the votes were in my favor at this point..... was really surprised with my absolute absence from the drop test of my phone while out of town. Don't think it got to terminal velocity in 40 feet, but learned that even an Otterbox case won't prevent a phone screen from shattering when hitting a concrete floor at that speed. Siri saved me.....but didn't allow for internet browsing. Next time I'll try to remember the Ipad too.....:eek: No wonder it looks so good.....still....nice beds....
Welcome back! 40 feet? Don't even want to know :).
Nice set up Shed! :kiss:
Thanks Lowded!

My homage to @Amy Gardner with her silhouette pic:
full

:love::yahoo::love:

And just before I fell asleep last night after all that, my wife said, "Now what about the ground lighting?" :eek:
:rofl: A woman after my own heart! I look forward to the night shots showing it off sometime in the future (it can be way in the future ... ;) )

Isn’t the new fake turf produced nowadays pretty awesome!? We’re thinking of using some on an upper balcony. Honestly if someone had told me that 5years ago I would thought them totally crazy. But looking at the latest ones I can’t deny it! They even feel ok to the touch!

Wonderful chopdate Shed! I like the frog perspective too (I think cause of the sky in it!). That lovely haul could come down to about 5-6oz dry by my estimations... which would be damn impressive off one plant. And if the AK is too trippy for anyone (I don’t think it will be but in case it is) cut it with a little of that blueberry and it’ll be sweet. I’ve been enjoying mixing mine together a little bit, every now and then for different effects.

:love:
:Namaste:

:love::yahoo::love:

:rofl: A woman after my own heart! I look forward to the night shots showing it off sometime in the future (it can be way in the future ... ;) )
Isn’t the new fake turf produced nowadays pretty awesome!? We’re thinking of using some on an upper balcony. Honestly if someone had told me that 5years ago I would thought them totally crazy. But looking at the latest ones I can’t deny it! They even feel ok to the touch!
Wonderful chopdate Shed! I like the frog perspective too (I think cause of the sky in it!). That lovely haul could come down to about 5-6oz dry by my estimations... which would be damn impressive off one plant. And if the AK is too trippy for anyone (I don’t think it will be but in case it is) cut it with a little of that blueberry and it’ll be sweet. I’ve been enjoying mixing mine together a little bit, every now and then for different effects.
:love:
:Namaste:
Thank you Amy for your grow and your photography and your insights and the fact that you read what I write!

The downside to turf is that it gets hot in the sun, some types hotter than others (and there are many many cultivars of fake grass ;)). Not hotter than concrete or sand or flagstone or probably even wood, but way hotter than real grass. A light spray with a hose takes it down 30º instantly. And we picked our fave barefoot!

No idea what I'll end up with once it's dry and jarred, but I went back and looked at the original pic of the bud taken this morning and those small fans have sugar on them so I'm glad I didn't trim tighter and also glad I saved it. Won't be a lot of THC in the baggie so I won't count it in the strength calcs for the oil...it'll just be a bonus! Thanks for the blending suggestion. Sounds like a perfect job for the grinder!

Nice harvest! Great work on your garden! Looks awesome! Cleaning up flowerbeds isn't the funniest thing to do so that bark chip and weed blocker will do the trick! Watch out with the weed blocker so it dosen't block other weeds...... :p
Thanks Crazy! I'm looking forward to pulling only good weed from now on :thumb:.

I called those fall colors or as your wife might say colours... greatgrow there shed my friend. Always a pleasure to see what you have going on. The garden looks great, fake grass and all! I appreciate you being so water conscious there in so cal. I think more people in the line of the Colorado river drainage should be better about that stuff. Last I checked I dont think the water even makes it to the ocean anymore.

One plant down and another seed in the ground?! So funny how when I first met you you were auto only and now you have more photos than autos. Good stuff bud. And your friend was correct to be so impressed. I sure am. And I think you made the right call on the early chip. I wouldn't know ... I smoke indica mainly from first cup of coffee to the last puff. I think Van's ATF is sativa, but it knocked me out faster than the kush... I'll be sure to try and keep that good info in mind come my next sativa run. I can get the paranoia from time to time so I wonder what's better for that?

Oh and @Amy Gardner yes I think tim burton is great. Between Beatlejuice, the nightmare before Christmas and the first batman, it's hard to say otherwise, imo. All staples of my childhood. (Insert joke about me being younger than most members here)

I called those fall colors or as your wife might say colours... greatgrow there shed my friend. Always a pleasure to see what you have going on. The garden looks great, fake grass and all! I appreciate you being so water conscious there in so cal. I think more people in the line of the Colorado river drainage should be better about that stuff. Last I checked I dont think the water even makes it to the ocean anymore.

One plant down and another seed in the ground?! So funny how when I first met you you were auto only and now you have more photos than autos. Good stuff bud. And your friend was correct to be so impressed. I sure am. And I think you made the right call on the early chip. I wouldn't know ... I smoke indica mainly from first cup of coffee to the last puff. I think Van's ATF is sativa, but it knocked me out faster than the kush... I'll be sure to try and keep that good info in mind come my next sativa run. I can get the paranoia from time to time so I wonder what's better for that?

Oh and @Amy Gardner yes I think tim burton is great. Between Beatlejuice, the nightmare before Christmas and the first batman, it's hard to say otherwise, imo. All staples of my childhood. (Insert joke about me being younger than most members here)
Punk kid

Thanks Them. If you're impressed, I'm happy :).

I basically stopped using outdoor water about 3 years ago in the middle of our drought. Now I just run the micros once a week for the live plants in the front, and use the tub water for the most of back. And I have the hot tub sorted out so we haven't had to change out the water since we filled it in November (anyone who has to keep changing out theirs, ask me for details!). Trying to do my part to keep the place livable for my kids.

Paranoia might be dealt with with a quick dose of CBD. Grab a CBD vape cartridge and keep it on hand...worth a shot!

I'm starting to dig the flexibility of the photos and the chance to bend them (literally!) to my will. I must say the schlepping into the shed every night got old, though I may forget that pain (like childbirth) and flip the Gold Leaf early. I'll see how the Brooklyn Sunrise goes and see if I can recapture the joy of auto growing like I had last summer.

Oh, and Nightmare Before Christmas was one of my kids' favorite movies growing up. We still sing songs from it!

Back
Top Bottom