InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I don't know how you guys treat your sewage water over there but here all sewage water here is put in the ocean after getting cleaned. It should get pumped out again to consumers and used to water the garden or filling up pools and hot spas.

Very good of you to be thinking so much on water access. We should all be aware of this growing problem.

You gotta watch Mars Attacks! sometime then. It’s a real hoot!

@TheMadDabber i feel you on the young age thing....

i think i was 8years old when that movie came out... Went to see it in theatres with friends... Didnt sleep for a week, i was convinced aliens would attack while i was asleep, my folks were just thrilled :rofl:

great movie though, hilarious watching it years later going ,wtf was i thinking lol

congrats on the harvest shed! Looks good!

As does your garden.... I spent 6hours sunday with help from my folks and wife and completely re did our whole front garden. Edged the entire 50', dug out a whack of shitty running plants that were taking over the garden and lawn, planted a bunch of new stuff my mum split up for us last fall out of her gardens, didnt have to spend a penny! .... All thats left is the mulch, which thankfully my folks still have half a tractor trailer load at their place(has lasted 3years lol), so just gotta load the pickup a few times and it will be finished :slide:

the backyard... Well thats another years project... My veggie gardens are planted and thats what counts!

have a great day everyone!

:passitleft:

afternoon mr.Shed, I must say I'm really liking the look of your garden and if Amy hadn't pointed it out that it isn't real I would never have known, apart from thinking you are ocd with your lawn and a pair of scissors but really good job, congrats to you and your son..... and on the harvest by the way....

Wow! What a fantastic update! That AK is such a beautiful plant Shed:)
Now I hate to say it but I’m actually waaay more impressed with your yard, I know how much work that must have been so :goodjob:

Enjoy all the fruits of your labour and a happy wife (most important)

:high-five:

Congrats on the harvest,,, looks like fat ass buddage..... My yard in the back don't have a single blade of grass. All concrete and water. But just keeping the pool full takes abit of water. The front all we have is about a 10x10 square. But the funny thing is we never lose a drop of water on the earth. It all makes a cycle it all evaporates and comes back as rain and fresh as can be. If more how we manage what we have.

The sad thing about water is that it never stays where it is. Even ice moves around. Places that had water along time ago is now deserts. And places we have water in now are starting to run dry. Weathers are shifting the rain to completely other places on earth so the stocks never fills up and we take out more because our population grows.

I don't know how you guys treat your sewage water over there but here all sewage water here is put in the ocean after getting cleaned. It should get pumped out again to consumers and used to water the garden or filling up pools and hot spas.
That's where our treated wastewater goes, straight into the Santa Monica Bay. I know a number of SoCal cities are working on toilet-to-tap recycling projects. It's the yuck factor that is hardest to overcome. Cleaning is the easy part ;).
Congrats on the harvest! It had a nice fadegoing. Looked ready
Thanks Mi! The weather this week is frightfully grey anyway so I doubt it would have looked much different anyway.
congrats on the harvest shed! Looks good!
As does your garden.... I spent 6hours sunday with help from my folks and wife and completely re did our whole front garden. Edged the entire 50', dug out a whack of shitty running plants that were taking over the garden and lawn, planted a bunch of new stuff my mum split up for us last fall out of her gardens, didnt have to spend a penny! .... All thats left is the mulch, which thankfully my folks still have half a tractor trailer load at their place(has lasted 3years lol), so just gotta load the pickup a few times and it will be finished :slide:
the backyard... Well thats another years project... My veggie gardens are planted and thats what counts!
have a great day everyone!
Gardening is a ton of hard work, which is why we decided to get as low maintenance as possible. Getting too old to be spending weekends weeding :). Glad you like it!
afternoon mr.Shed, I must say I'm really liking the look of your garden and if Amy hadn't pointed it out that it isn't real I would never have known, apart from thinking you are ocd with your lawn and a pair of scissors but really good job, congrats to you and your son..... and on the harvest by the way....
Thanks Smeegol! My son is always up to earn money for weed. He can't have any of mine so he needs cash :).
Wow! What a fantastic update! That AK is such a beautiful plant Shed:)
Now I hate to say it but I’m actually waaay more impressed with your yard, I know how much work that must have been so :goodjob:

Enjoy all the fruits of your labour and a happy wife (most important)

:high-five:
The fruits of my labor are napping on the outdoor couch until the sun gets past the pine tree and burns me to a crisp ;).
Congrats on the harvest,,, looks like fat ass buddage..... My yard in the back don't have a single blade of grass. All concrete and water. But just keeping the pool full takes abit of water. The front all we have is about a 10x10 square. But the funny thing is we never lose a drop of water on the earth. It all makes a cycle it all evaporates and comes back as rain and fresh as can be. If more how we manage what we have.
Thanks Norcali. The problem is that water never seems to come back as rain here. Our water seems to flood the mid-west!
------------------------------------------------

Drizzling in LA this morning and could be completely overcast all week. :rolleyes: We're going from May grey to June gloom with hardly a sunny day between. So the Auto Masszar and the still-limp Haze Xtreme remain in the bike shed under the MarsHydro 300. The AK is slowly drying (slowly) in the shed, where it was 63º and 75% RH this morning. Nothing I can do about it.

A couple of random things this morning after the flurry of activity yesterday! First, here is the pineapple update. You can see now what becomes the top and what becomes the fruit:

View media item 1555677
Also, this weekend I planted that clone of the Glory Bush (Tibouchina urvilleana) that I posted earlier. It's in a small bed along the back wall of the house. No transplant shock on this yet even though the root system didn't hold a lot of the soil when I moved it.
View media item 1555678
And...I'm thinking of flipping the Gold Leaf early. I'm sure my wife is going to want to smoke the AK-47 and I can use another harvest for both topical oil and @newty's gummies that I want to try to make. It's about 7 weeks in flower so I could start shaping now, flip it at the end of June, and have it done by the end of August. I'll be able to leave it in the shed on a 12/12 with the Mars when I'm out of town mid-summer because the sun should be doing its job by then for the other plants. Anyway, it's a thought.

I hope you all are enjoying the rays of sunshine, because we're not seeing any of them here!

The sad thing about water is that it never stays where it is. Even ice moves around. Places that had water along time ago is now deserts. And places we have water in now are starting to run dry. Weathers are shifting the rain to completely other places on earth so the stocks never fills up and we take out more because our population grows.
our earth cant support 7.5bio ppl something has to give and right now its our ecosystem that is collapsing/changing and to me it looks like the problems with the climate are accelerating ... europe is getting more heatwaves and extreme thunderstorms, US gets more and stronger hurricanes aswell as tornados ... india atm is heaving a heatwave that goes well above 110°F, temps on northpole get above freezing point more often ... soon south europe will go up in flames again from wildfires, Shed and more socal members are complaining about low temps and overcasts, the entire worlds banana industry is getting wiped out by 1 single strain of fungus (again! ... guess we didnt learn from last time this happened in 1965), and the list goes on and on and on ...

our earth cant support 7.5bio ppl something has to give and right now its our ecosystem that is collapsing/changing and to me it looks like the problems with the climate are accelerating ... europe is getting more heatwaves and extreme thunderstorms, US gets more and stronger hurricanes aswell as tornados ... india atm is heaving a heatwave that goes well above 110°F, temps on northpole get above freezing point more often ... soon south europe will go up in flames again from wildfires, Shed and more socal members are complaining about low temps and overcasts, the entire worlds banana industry is getting wiped out by 1 single strain of fungus (again! ... guess we didnt learn from last time this happened in 1965), and the list goes on and on and on ...

:nomo::hmmmm:... Sigh... We are a retarded intelligent species arent we? ... :passitleft:.. Pass it around while we can! that pineapple is cool!

So cute baby pineapple... :cool:
:cool: Maui Gold. Tastes amazing!
:nomo::hmmmm:... Sigh... We are a retarded intelligent species arent we? ... :passitleft:.. Pass it around while we can! that pineapple is cool!
I've spoken to friends of my son (16 year olds) who believe that they are the last generation on this planet. And I don't know how anyone is going to drive across Alaska once the permafrost is no longer perma :eek:. Won't be long now...

Sharp pics.................
Just your basic Samsung S7. Thanks Norcali!

Great work getting that harvest in, putting together that awesome landscaping, & most importantly helping to conserve water.
Climate change is going wreak havoc on water supplies, but long-term records also indicate that SoCal's always been subject to mega-droughts, historically, with some frequency.
Water's the most precious substance on the planet & the level to which it's been wasted & polluted isn't just revolting, it's homicidal &, ultimately, suicidal. Every little bit helps, though & if everybody did a little bit, things would be a lot better!

Great work getting that harvest in, putting together that awesome landscaping, & most importantly helping to conserve water.
Climate change is going wreak havoc on water supplies, but long-term records also indicate that SoCal's always been subject to mega-droughts, historically, with some frequency.
Water's the most precious substance on the planet & the level to which it's been wasted & polluted isn't just revolting, it's homicidal &, ultimately, suicidal. Every little bit helps, though & if everybody did a little bit, things would be a lot better!
Just trying to do whatever I can to keep my water use as low as possible. And lead by example in my neighborhood :).
You guys are really decent people to talk to. When touching subjects like this with "ordinary" people they hardly know what you are talking about or don't care.
Thanks Crazy. We try to elevate the conversation whenever we can :thumb:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just because I mentioned I was thinking about flipping the Gold Leaf early...what the heck is up with it this morning?

Whole plant looks fine (can you tell I supercropped it today?)

Are those preflowers? I'm confused. Keep in mind this is a clone taken in October and kept outside 24 hours a day. In May. In the northern hemisphere.

Well first of all, rooster sent me this video of a side by side that you just drive into the water and boom. It's a boat?! So permafrost or not lol. No I do agree that we are far too wasteful and greedy for our own good. Do I think the climate change is all human caused, no. Earth has its warm and cold cycles, are we perpetuating the problem, very likely.

The sad truth is we have the technology but the government holds it from the masses because most would interfere too greatly with the choke hold we hold on the entire world (our own citizens included). Cannabis and seizures for example. They know that CBD will treat them, but can't do what would actually help 99.999999% of the patients. Problem is it hurts the 100 people financially invested in prolonging the cure for somethin when they can drain you dry "treating" it.

Rant done.

Plants are looking tip top Señor shed!
Off to make some weekend camping preparations. Be back to make it past 3 posts.

Back
Top Bottom