InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

it has been determined
I'm not sure it has actually been determined yet, as I haven't seen a single pistil on PSK2. I'm hoping for an absolute sign before Friday morning when we get on the road for the weekend.
Nice nice!! The Purple Skunk looks amazing
Thank you Gnome!
Looking good on the bread there Shedmaster. Ever adding in some weed to the dough.... maybe just for the smell and flavor and well sure a little buzz??
Thanks bo! Other than adding actual buds (feh!), there are no ingredients that would take an infusion of cannabis. If you want canna-sourdough it's going to have to come from canna-butter or infused olive oil. Both good choices. :thumb:
Nice bread Shed! Sourdough is a winner for me too.
Thank you otter!

--------------------------------------

Nothing new today other than sunshine. :cool: Carry on...

Hi Shed, I have 2 Quadlined girls that I thinned out and applied 2 or 3 tranches of supercropping in this last week. Some supercropped branches are trying to re-establish vertical growth and I am thinking of doing further supercropping in an attempt to better 'level the playing field' before it is too late. It is this consideration that I'd like some help on, whether they have advanced too much to now do further supercropping or whether it is still ok to do more. Would you mind if I posted a pic of them as I would appreciate if you could cast your eye over them and give me your 2 cents. Cheers.

Hi Shed, I have 2 Quadlined girls that I thinned out and applied 2 or 3 tranches of supercropping in this last week. Some supercropped branches are trying to re-establish vertical growth and I am thinking of doing further supercropping in an attempt to better 'level the playing field' before it is too late. It is this consideration that I'd like some help on, whether they have advanced too much to now do further supercropping or whether it is still ok to do more. Would you mind if I posted a pic of them as I would appreciate if you could cast your eye over them and give me your 2 cents. Cheers.
Post away Stunger! Though without even seeing them I'm thinking I would tie them down to hold them level with the canopy. Subject to change with additional photographic information :).

Thanks Shed.

Some branches have had multiple supercroppings. I initially used plastic coated garden wire to make a 'brace' to hold the bent supercropped branches, this worked for some but on others the plant managed to slip it's 'tethers' and made me feel a little uncomfortable seeing how the hard wire had dragged across the future potential bud growth sites. Also too, I felt a little concerned knowing that where the wire was holding them that it would/could impede upon the (hopefully fast) developing bud sites that it covered.

These are outdoor grown photoperiod plants so I am unsure exactly what week of flowering they are in. I had thought week 1 is when you first see pistils, but my plants were showing preflowers with pistils 2.5 month ago in late November. So I am inclined to think of week 1 as being approx the start of February which is about when the pistil growing started to gather pace. Judging from the development of bud sites/budlets what week of flowering would you guess they are in?

The main thing is, from the pics does it look like I still have time to do a further round of supercropping without it being too late or risk stunting the beginning of flowering too much? I imagine it would be ok, but having someone's more experienced eye cast over them would be reassuring. :thanks:

I think ideally if I could hang weights or even clothes pegs on the branch ends (altho my wife will probably squawk if I do that), so as the branch repairs and 'knuckles' itself where the supercropped bend has been applied the weight cancels out it's inclination to go vertical again.

Overall the canopies are fairly good and level as can be seen from the first pic, and within my comfortable stealth requirements (just). I am tempted to take a no mercy approach and applied supercropping to re-level the canopies with some sort of tying/weighting down of the supercropped branches. Anyway, any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers. :hookah:

Thanks Shed.

Some branches have had multiple supercroppings. I initially used plastic coated garden wire to make a 'brace' to hold the bent supercropped branches, this worked for some but on others the plant managed to slip it's 'tethers' and made me feel a little uncomfortable seeing how the hard wire had dragged across the future potential bud growth sites. Also too, I felt a little concerned knowing that where the wire was holding them that it would/could impede upon the (hopefully fast) developing bud sites that it covered.

These are outdoor grown photoperiod plants so I am unsure exactly what week of flowering they are in. I had thought week 1 is when you first see pistils, but my plants were showing preflowers with pistils 2.5 month ago in late November. So I am inclined to think of week 1 as being approx the start of February which is about when the pistil growing started to gather pace. Judging from the development of bud sites/budlets what week of flowering would you guess they are in?

The main thing is, from the pics does it look like I still have time to do a further round of supercropping without it being too late or risk stunting the beginning of flowering too much? I imagine it would be ok, but having someone's more experienced eye cast over them would be reassuring. :thanks:

I think ideally if I could hang weights or even clothes pegs on the branch ends (altho my wife will probably squawk if I do that), so as the branch repairs and 'knuckles' itself where the supercropped bend has been applied the weight cancels out it's inclination to go vertical again.

Overall the canopies are fairly good and level as can be seen from the first pic, and within my comfortable stealth requirements (just). I am tempted to take a no mercy approach and applied supercropping to re-level the canopies with some sort of tying/weighting down of the supercropped branches. Anyway, any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers. :hookah:

I wouldn't guess you would see much more stretch outta these...

They look to be at least a few weeks into flower.

Just my .02
:passitleft:

i was wondering if you could extract oil from canabis dust?

i had some flower that has been sitting around for six months. Decarbed and ground it in the coffee grinder.
Took less than 1/4 teaspoon on an empty stomach and didnt feel a thing.
5 hours later i ate some pancakes with butter and syrup. About put me down i was so high. How did that happen?
And it has got me thinking about the possibilities of extracting from dust.
Rootin tootin rootin

Shed's at it again.

Looking good on the bread there Shedmaster. Ever adding in some weed to the dough.... maybe just for the smell and flavor and well sure a little buzz??

Sour Dough FTW! :high-five:
Rootin tootin rootin

Shed's at it again.

Thanks Shed.
Some branches have had multiple supercroppings.
Beautiful plants Stunger! Since you are already well into flower and growing outside, I can't think of a reason to supercrop these at all. Outside there is no advantage to a flat canopy or worry about leaders getting too close to the light, so I would sit back and watch the pretty flowers grow. :thumb:

For the record, when I supercrop, I often unbend a paperclip, hang it over the bent branch, and attach a binder clip of the appropriate size to keep it level.

i had some flower that has been sitting around for six months. Decarbed and ground it in the coffee grinder.
5 hours later i ate some pancakes with butter and syrup. About put me down i was so high. How did that happen?
And it has got me thinking about the possibilities of extracting from dust.
Good question! THC rides on oils and fats, so the butter was the thing that the cannabis needed to kick your system into "high" gear.

And you don't need to extract oil from the dust, you can use it just like you did. SweetSue has just started doing that herself. Gimme a minute and I'll find the posts for you!

5 hours later i ate some pancakes with butter and syrup. About put me down i was so high
Rootin tootin rootin

Shed's at it again.

you could put dust in a lot of things ..... bread, gummi bears etc.
and decarbing in a foil pouch and decarbing in a pyrex dish with a foil cover are way different.
just foil and it discolors to a greyish color, pyrex stays a rich green with a much better smell also.

Beautiful plants Stunger! Since you are already well into flower and growing outside, I can't think of a reason to supercrop these at all. Outside there is no advantage to a flat canopy or worry about leaders getting too close to the light, so I would sit back and watch the pretty flowers grow. :thumb:

For the record, when I supercrop, I often unbend a paperclip, hang it over the bent branch, and attach a binder clip of the appropriate size to keep it level.
Thanks again Shed.
Using a paperclip is a good idea for being fairly unobtrusive to the bud sites.
Any thought on what week flowering you'd say they're in from the pics? Like I said they've had pistils showing since late November.

Highya ITS, guys,

About put me down i was so high. How did that happen?
I've had a similar experience. I've also started eating decarbed bud. Usually takes about 1.5 hrs to affect me. Sometimes it takes a longer time, if I don't eat. That's what I don't understand. In a stomach, and intestines, cannabis is metabolized. Must be different if there isn't much oil-based liquids. I have used infused oil a lot, and has never delayed more than 1.5 hrs. Cheers

Thanks again Shed.
Using a paperclip is a good idea for being fairly unobtrusive to the bud sites.
Any thought on what week flowering you'd say they're in from the pics? Like I said they've had pistils showing since late November.
True pistils coming out of the tops or preflower pistils down below? Most of my outside plants show true flowering by mid-July, which would be mid-January for those on the other side of the equator. So I just count from then. And they're ready whenever they're ready!

Highya ITS, guys,

I've had a similar experience. I've also started eating decarbed bud. Usually takes about 1.5 hrs to affect me. Sometimes it takes a longer time, if I don't eat. That's what I don't understand. In a stomach, and intestines, cannabis is metabolized. Must be different if there isn't much oil-based liquids. I have used infused oil a lot, and has never delayed more than 1.5 hrs. Cheers
hmmmm...i was wondering if making gummy bears with dust would work? and give me a better handle on dosing?
i dont want to be blind sided like at first .... wow!

5 hours later i ate some pancakes with butter and syrup. About put me down i was so high
you could put dust in a lot of things ..... bread, gummi bears etc.
and decarbing in a foil pouch and decarbing in a pyrex dish with a foil cover are way different.
just foil and it discolors to a greyish color, pyrex stays a rich green with a much better smell also.

That's amazing to get a response like that 5 hours later. I was always aware that like Shed said, the THC is transported with fats/oils, but still it is amazing to think you had that sitting in your gut for so long before doing a 'butter chaser' and getting the effect - good stuff!

I fondly recall being a backpacker in Thailand in the 1980's and one of the ladies who ran the island bungalows where I was staying, chopped up a whole bunch of buds and mixed them with mashed banana and papaya and fried them in oil as fritters, then sold them as biscuits for about 10 cents each. I can attest they worked very well. I experienced nothing at first, then ate another and another, then thought I felt a tiny buzz, so I ate a 4th one to see if I could bring it on. I didn't count on the amount of time it took to get into the system. The next thing was a sense of roaring buzzing going up my neck into my head and at that point I couldn't play the card game any more and had to excuse myself, I walked out onto the sand towards my bungalow just a mere 20 meters away, and then had to drop to the ground and crawl the remaining 10 meters on all fours to reach it. The moral of the story when consuming edibles is to leave enough time for them to work. I was absolutely ripped.:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom