InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

That’s pretty classic, those narrow leaves make me believe she’ll be a light feeder when it comes to nitrogen. Don’t back off much just a little

do the burns disappear once the right amount of feeding is given to the plant?
i also have those burn marks in all my five plants, tried to use a bit less megacrop but nothing changed so i just kept feeding the same..
anyway the burns didnt get worse.
montgomery burns...excellent

do the burns disappear once the right amount of feeding is given to the plant?
i also have those burn marks in all my five plants, tried to use a bit less megacrop but nothing changed so i just kept feeding the same..
anyway the burns didnt get worse.
montgomery burns...excellent

The leaf damage will not heal. Just make sure that it doesn’t get worse.

“Nute burn” happens because the concentration of ions (nutrients) outside the roots is higher than the concentration of ions and sugars inside the roots, and the principle of osmosis results in fluids being pulled out of the plant in an attempt to equalize the concentrations. Since the plant is losing hydration, the little leaf tips show this first.

If you can add just enough plain water to dilute the concentration around the roots (not a flush!), you can reverse this condition, and the plant will start taking in fluids again.

But if you just have the barest of tipping, and the plant is still in active veg, you know that your nutrients are right where they should be.

muchas gracias felipe and pennywise
ive just checked my plants and actually the new grow is a bit better..but is still there
ive also just checked my diary and at the moment im using 4.4g/gallon of megacrop and 0.6g/gallon of bud explosion...same for my two early blooming plants and for my other two late blooming ones
with the fifth which is near late blooming im using 3.8g/gallon MC and 1g/gallon BE
the fifth is the one with less burns, the late blooming ones are the most burned and thats why i basically didnt increase grams of nutes in the last 2/3 weeks
started with MC at 3g/gallon and added BE just a few days ago, before adding it i was using between 4.5 and 5g of MC.
plants are 64 days old autos

sorry i didnt understand this:
But if you just have the barest of tipping, and the plant is still in active veg, you know that your nutrients are right where they should be.
what is the barest of tipping
do you mean if the leafs are just a bit burned but not much?
gracias de nuevo

edit: last question (just for today of course : D) do you think 4 gallons pot would be ok for vegging a photo for a couple of months?
or i necessarily would need 5 gallons + pots?
im asking because i already have 4 gallons airpots and i would need to buy the 5+..

sorry i didnt understand this:
what is the barest of tipping
do you mean if the leafs are just a bit burned but not much?
gracias de nuevo

Check out post #21,013
De nada

Hey Sheddies, a potential new IPM method using Maltodextrin!

Here’s the PDFS for a product containing maltodextrin for use as a pesticide (for spider mites among other nasties!)

Edited to give credit for this to @Obi 1 and his post at

Greetings and a happy Monday night! Sorry I haven't been here for a few days...it's been a busy weekend and a working Monday.
Sorry for stealing your thread, Shed. It was not my intention.
Not at all Homer! An excellent discussion on lighting is always welcome here, and you got terrific answers from the 420 mind-trust.
Here is my Gorilla Glue
A beautiful plant and a great pic. :welldone:
in a 10-gallon pot with a trunk over an inch in diameter.
I knew that 5 gallon pot wasn't helping you, and it looks like the 10g is just the ticket!
Morning Sheddie.
:ciao:
Hey shed! Hope all is well. Just popping in to say hi!!
Anyone fancy helping me figure out the deficiency? I've pretty much ruled out nute burn due to the fact I've been going pretty light but I guess it's always possible.
What all the smart folks said below!
That’s classic nute burn, she’s just a light feeder.
:thanks:
Morning Shed. I hope you are well.
It’s been 2 days Shed - you’re gonna have a massive multi-quote session!
Nah, just a few. :cheesygrinsmiley:
“Nute burn” happens because the concentration of ions (nutrients) outside the roots is higher than the concentration of ions and sugars inside the roots, and the principle of osmosis results in fluids being pulled out of the plant in an attempt to equalize the concentrations. Since the plant is losing hydration, the little leaf tips show this first.

If you can add just enough plain water to dilute the concentration around the roots (not a flush!), you can reverse this condition, and the plant will start taking in fluids again.

Terrific explanation Felipe. Thanks for that!
Hey Sheddies, a potential new IPM method using Maltodextrin!
Here’s the PDFS for a product containing maltodextrin for use as a pesticide (for spider mites among other nasties!)
Edited to give credit for this to @Obi 1 and his post at
Saw that post in situ, so I'll repeat my comment here:
Fascinating! Seems pretty spider-mite specific, not that that's a bad thing. Just that "[v]ery limited data suggest some reduction of whitefly and aphids may be achieved."

Another tool in the tool kit. :thanks: @Obi 1! Not sure it will work on your caterpillars though I just bought some BT for the summer :).

Mini-update in a mini...

Quick Monday night update!

I dropped three SweetSeeds DDA's (bred by @dynamo1) on Thursday night, all from a batch labeled DDA-4. One of them started to do that thing where it just sheds the hull entirely in the water after just 12 hours (Friday morning):

...so that got labeled DDA-4a and put into a peat puck. The other two split by Saturday morning:

...so those went into peat labeled DDA-4b and DDA-4c. Guess which two are starting to break the surface tonight?

Assuming they have cotyledons tomorrow they will go into a 7 gallon pot together, awaiting their mate. If I don 't get a sprout by Wednesday I'll drop another seed.

I hope you all had a great weekend and the week is off to a good start! Hold peace and equity in your hearts and love for your brothers and sisters, wherever they're from. :peace:

All the #4s i have grown have been deep dark syrupy purple :love: Nice underwater baby pics! Although I never like to let them pop underwater ‘cause of the drowing risk - but you know that about me ;)

Nice to see you still managing to garden-on between work and home pressures :ciao:

Quick Monday night update!

I dropped three SweetSeeds DDA's (bred by @dynamo1) on Thursday night, all from a batch labeled DDA-4. One of them started to do that thing where it just sheds the hull entirely in the water after just 12 hours (Friday morning):

...so that got labeled DDA-4a and put into a peat puck. The other two split by Saturday morning:

...so those went into peat labeled DDA-4b and DDA-4c. Guess which two are starting to break the surface tonight?

Assuming they have cotyledons tomorrow they will go into a 7 gallon pot together, awaiting their mate. If I don 't get a sprout by Wednesday I'll drop another seed.

I hope you all had a great weekend and the week is off to a good start! Hold peace and equity in your hearts and love for your brothers and sisters, wherever they're from. :peace:
:nomo:

Back
Top Bottom