InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

@InTheShed, I was able to see “visible” pollen about week 5 with the PC but unlike the BD, I never did see any sitting on the leaves. But, I left her 11 weeks into flower and she had a lot of immature seed, only 9 I thought might be viable. Of the 3 I kept (gave the best 6 looking seed to my mate that gifted me the original plant) only one sprouted and it was weak and sickly and never thrived, eventually dying.

This led me to believe the pollen was not vary abundant or viable until maybe week 7 or later and maybe PC requires more than 4 weeks to make viable seed.

I am also wondering if she might do better with a GA3 ppm closer to 100. The 150 range may be high enough with her to be causing the massive stretch and delayed onset of pollen. Suggested range is 100 to 200 for reversing females and 150 worked great for the Blue Dream.

Can you not buy from a seed bank. I would name one but ...... There are Lots of seed banks to try or you can go straight to the breeders. Like ACE they have some Great Landrace strains and old school stuff.

I know most of the seedbanks but I have to ask people to bring them over or I just get some beans when I visit Amsterdam. Things are a little complicated here. This is also why I am keeping my grows on small scale. Limitations are terrible. Normally my friends bring me seeds regularly because someone would always be visiting here but Covid blocked all my ways to access seeds :rolleyes:

Weedeedsexpress Power Plant looking real sexy! I'm not sure about the purple but I'm guessing there is... now!
:high-five:

Nice looking bread. My starter doesn't want to rise and fall and it may be due to humidity. So I've added a 1:1 whole wheat and ap flour ratio with two feedings per day. The second feeding is a small amount. The internet tells me this will work. :thumb:

Weedeedsexpress Power Plant looking real sexy! I'm not sure about the purple but I'm guessing there is... now
Nice looking bread. My starter doesn't want to rise and fall and it may be due to humidity. So I've added a 1:1 whole wheat and ap flour ratio with two feedings per day. The second feeding is a small amount. The internet tells me this will work.
Thanks MrS! I'm hoping that @Weedseedsexpress can tell me if I have found the Golden Ticket with the purple pheno so I can beat myself up over not taking a cutting :).

I don't think that humidity can be the problem (is your ambient RH higher than the mid-60s at my house?), but I find that my starter does best at ~80ºF. When I refresh my starter it's usually 10g starter, 25g white, 25g whole wheat, and 50g distilled water. I've never fed it anything except 1:1 white:wheat.
:goodluck:
The problem I initially had getting my starter going was not keeping it warm enough. Between 70 and 80 degrees but it's got to be over 70. Once you get the starter going and it's active temperature is not as big of an issue.
Thanks smokey! Even my active starter likes summer better than winter at my house.
I put my starter on top of the Satellite receiver, it has a warm corner that works out.
Thanks starter-Dad! I put mine in the armoir on the shelf next to the DVR (but not on top...too hot on the bottom).

found the Golden Ticket with the purple pheno so I can beat myself up over not taking a cutting
lol, ya that'll be a bummer!
I don't think that humidity can be the problem (is your ambient RH higher than the mid-60s at my house?), but I find that my starter does best at ~80ºF. When I refresh my starter it's usually 10g starter, 25g white, 25g whole wheat, and 50g distilled water. I've never fed it anything except 1:1 white:wheat.
Well that recipe I was following talked about high altitude or RH. I've been in the 60's too. The second day it did rise after it was stirred, unfed. Since feedings it's never risen.
I'll follow your instructions above. :thanks:

lol, ya that'll be a bummer!

Well that recipe I was following talked about high altitude or RH. I've been in the 60's too. The second day it did rise after it was stirred, unfed. Since feedings it's never risen.
I'll follow your instructions above. :thanks:

Took me well over a month the first time I tried it just because I wasn't keeping it warm enough. If you keep it in the oven because it stays warm in there can help. Just remember to take it out before you turn the oven on don't ask me how I know this. Or you will have to start all over again.

Took me well over a month the first time I tried it just because I wasn't keeping it warm enough. If you keep it in the oven because it stays warm in there can help. Just remember to take it out before you turn the oven on don't ask me how I know this. Or you will have to start all over again.
When it comes to feeding it has the consistency of water really. The internet people tell me between 65-78 for best results and I've been at 75F. I'll go with the new mix since I've already started that and see how it responds over the next day or two.
Thanks Smokey. If I have any other questions I'll post over at my journal.

Drive-by,,

I grew a Purple Power Plant years back, that looked like kind of like that, in its early stages. If my feeble mind remembers properly,, it was good sweet smoke,, and great yield? 95% sure? Funny how we can remember crops 10-12 yrs back?

Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom