Outdoor Gardens & Flower Beds: 2lb. To 5lb per 100 square feet of garden
(Applied Once Per Season)

Potted Plants: 1 to 3 tablespoons per gallon of soil
(Applied Once Per year)

Outdoor Cannabis Plants: 1/8 to ¼ Cup Per Cubic Foot Of Soil
(May Be Applied Twice Per Season)

Indoor Cannabis Plants: 1/8 to ¼ Cup Per Cubic Foot Of Soil
(Applied Once Per Cycle)

EP Minerals says: “For indoor potting soils, DE aggregates can be applied at 15 to 20 percent by volume.”

Thanks for sharing the results after citric spray.
Glad to add to the knowledge base!
Power Plant must have great genetics. I am sure you'll enjoy these nugs.
Thanks TC! I think I have unique pheno but I'll get to that with the update later today.
This method includes topping your plant from a relatively higher point, maybe at 10th node or even higher. After that, I just mainline the plant like LightAddict did in his fluxing central journal but sometimes I go for quadlines, hexalines or even octalines depending on the planned veg. time and genetics.
So you would top after the 10th node and strip 1-9 do to a mainline? That must look crazy!
My confusion is about the primary or secondary colas. Some of our great fellow growers here are saying that anything above the 4th node can be considered as a secondary cola, which are smaller and fluffier than primary ones. Considering this, I haven't been growing a lot of primary colas for years because I mostly go for lots of tops. I am also happy with my cola/nug size and on my last grow, I've harvested above 340g of dried smokable material, using just 230W from the wall, despite the thrip infestation.
Great return on the 230w! :thumb:

I don't seem to have a problem with harvest weight doing it my way, so I don't think I would change to just four or eight tops. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Longer veg. makes up for a lot of things.
Hides a multitude of sins, but promotes the growth of PM. Mixed bag. ;)
unless topping in flower won’t hurt anything.
As TC mentioned, I wouldn't top in flower. But if you started your plants inside on March 13th, you could still get 100 days of actual veg, and a bit more since they won't show pistils until mid-July.
Hey seed maker , Plants look really good Pistols all over /bud forming
Thanks SB! Still waiting for something that resembles pollen sacs so I think the Candida I put into flower early won't be receptive to pollen. That will just leave me with the one I still have in veg, which I pruned this weekend to keep it small.
Plants look excellent, Shed!
Good to see things are getting back to normal.... at least in this little corner of the world!
That Carnival is a real beauty!
Thanks carcass! Normal in an N95. :)
Morning mr. Shed I got my grubby mitts on 2x euphoria cbd clones 2 weeks back, she does carry some Thc in her but If I recall correct it's under 10% Thc, nice indica girl so hoping for great things..
Hope yall have a blessed weekend...
I hope that's a good blend for you! Are you going to put them outside after September?
I did similiar on a smaller scale to a reg seed if I understood correctly.. Hope you don't mind if I share a pic mr.Shed and good morning to ya all....
All topped above 5th node, will use lst and other forms of torture this week but straight to hell if it turns out male... haha
Was a seed that fell from my gold cheese over summer that popped up and date is transplant date only.
Free seeds are always worth an experiment!
Hi Shed. I hope you are well!
Thanks! All is well here, just had a busy weekend.
I've used Defguard in early flower. It worked and the smoke was delish. I don't know if it's something you'd be interested in or knew about. It's bio-warfare. I forget what baccili...is in there.
Thanks otter! Defguard has the same ingredient as the Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide that didn't do anything for me, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. :oops:
I’ve got this mega crop soil conditioner. I guess it’s de. How should I go about applying it.
Like it says to work into soil if possible.
so I’m going to wait till my bag of missing promix arrives to to try mixing some of it in. I dk really how much to add. I will grow in 5g of promix.
And Mc as nutes.
As I recall previously you were exploring DE in the past and was wondering if you found anything?
Looks like Celt has you covered! I would say that adding the Safer brand DE (non-food grade for what that's worth) didn't do anything to keep the PM away, which was my primary reason for adding it.
@Scottylikesbud , you don’t need a lot. About 1tbsp per gallon is lots. When making my organic soils, I use about 1/ 2 quart in what becomes about 130 gallons of soil.
Also, if you go by their recommended rates of 75lbs/acre, and assume 12” soil depth, that works out to about 5300 gallons of soil per pound of DE.
:thanks: Celt!
Had 3 pages of catching up to do, shed, but feel I am on top of it now. I hope you have great success with that dirty candida reversal!
Still waiting for balls, but the stretch is redic!
I found this application chart at from the RedBud soil company:
Thank you Big D!

hope that's a good blend for you! Are you going to put them outside after September

I also hope so, been needing cbd/Thc combo in my life as keen to see how it squares up against pain management.

Sadly(happily too) I'm going to be retiring my tunnel over to vegetables instead due to the amount of work that goes into keeping the plants maintained with my bad back so I'm going to be concentrating on 15lt and 20lt fabric pots as I can lift them easier although 20lt is prob pushing it.. I have a little medicine trolley from back in the day that I use to ferry plants between inside and outdoors but there's a big ass pot on it with a girl whose getting the chop this weekend so almost breathing space.. haha

I'm actually going to be relocating to Johannesburg to Iivee the city life you could say, but it's will be a secluded piece of heaven, my growing won't be affected really as there's more plants where I'm going to live than my own yard.. haha
and the bonus is I have someone to help 24/7 and he's even more passionate bout growing than I am I think
.. haha

Monday update! Not much in the way of pics this morning (busy weekend) but I have a few interesting ones for y'all.

Starting with the Power Plant from @Weedseedsexpress on day 81, flip day 13. Is there a purple pheno of this, because I definitely have one:

Moving on to the very stretchy Candida that was sprayed with GA3...it is now as tall as the Carnival even though it's in a much smaller pot:

And it looks like it has stretched beyond the plant's ability to get water to the highest growth:

Still no signs of pollen sacs yet. @The Celt Can I top this absurdly tall growth and cut the height in half?

And here is this morning's critter report:
View media item 1786222
The spider won!

Bread post is here. : yum:

I hope your weekends went well and that the week is shaping up to be as safe and healthy as it can be. Wear a mask and love each other.
:circle-of-love:

Hey Shed, how many days into flower is the candida you sprayed with GA3? She could be like the Pineapple Chunk and be slow and resistant to sex changes.
I believe 11 days post flip. And since @beez0404 had trouble with the Candida and CS, it may be a tougher plant to reverse. We'll see!

I have a little medicine trolley from back in the day that I use to ferry plants between inside and outdoors but there's a big ass pot on it with a girl whose getting the chop this weekend so almost breathing space.. haha
Perfect! Like BeezLuiz' rollers for his enormous pots...he could call those medicine trolleys as well ;).
I'm actually going to be relocating to Johannesburg to Iivee the city life you could say, but it's will be a secluded piece of heaven, my growing won't be affected really as there's more plants where I'm going to live than my own yard.. haha
and the bonus is I have someone to help 24/7 and he's even more passionate bout growing than I am I think
.. haha
Sounds like an excellent future is in store. Congratulations!

Looking at your Candida girl boy, its doing the same thing my PC did, looks like it’s growing itself to death with narrow cupped blades on the fan leaves. Mine did at some point stop stretching, but was into week 3 if I remember. I kept pulling the limbs down as it stretched and eventually started topping it as it was in the small tent (5’ high) and growing into the light.

In all honesty Shed, I believe there are some strains (PC and Candida at present count) that will require some experimenting to find the right balance of GA3 strength and timing to get good results. I am out of seed and no live plants of the PC left to play with but hopefully I will get another cut or seeds by fall so I can try some more with her over the winter. She is a miserable plant to grow but the end results are well worth the effort, she has an amazing tropical smell and beautiful smoke.

:cheesygrinsmiley:
In all honesty Shed, I believe there are some strains (PC and Candida at present count) that will require some experimenting to find the right balance of GA3 strength and timing to get good results. I am out of seed and no live plants of the PC left to play with but hopefully I will get another cut or seeds by fall so I can try some more with her over the winter. She is a miserable plant to grow but the end results are well worth the effort, she has an amazing tropical smell and beautiful smoke.
I have a mother plant of this so I can try try again if this doesn't work. Did you get any pollen off the PC in the end? I have time to wait for this to do its thing as I haven't even flipped the seed plant yet. Though I am going to cut a lot of it in half tonight and see how it does.
Passing through. Looking Good Shed
Thanks PCa! I hope all is well with you and your family.

Yes, I did get “some” pollen but not a lot and she did a poor job of self pollinating. Mostly because I believe she should have been converted weeks ahead of the seed bearers. The pollen produced didn’t seem to be viable until about the 5 or 6 week.

I used some of what I collected to pollinate one lower limb on a Blue Dream and got 8 seed I think. I still have some of the pollen in the freezer for future tests.

When I get a cut of the PC pheno I had, I will make clones (although she’s stubborn about that too) and try different strengths of GA3 to see if that improves her pollen production, it may be a case of needing a lower concentration, too high and it will actually prevent flower formation.

So you would top after the 10th node and strip 1-9 do to a mainline? That must look crazy!

Indeed. I have a very small grow room(4x8) with two 3x3 tents, I have very restricted access to good seeds and I don't have any propogation room. Growing this way, I am getting the most nugs from my plants with 12-14 weeks of veg. depending on the strain. Purple Punch and Blue Gelato 41 responded this type of grow well but my current Pink Kush is taking things veeeeery slowly :laughtwo:
Here are two good examples of this type of grow. Sorry for too many images :Namaste:

Cheers :passitleft:

Purple Punch harvest day;

Blue Gelato #41 current grow;

1 week before the flip;

14 days after flip;

Yes, I did get “some” pollen but not a lot and she did a poor job of self pollinating. Mostly because I believe she should have been converted weeks ahead of the seed bearers. The pollen produced didn’t seem to be viable until about the 5 or 6 week.
Some is all I need, and since I took your advice on waiting to flip the seed plant, I can wait as long as it takes...especially if I can chop this plant in half. :cheesygrinsmiley:

How long from the time you saw male parts start to develop until you could get pollen? I will try to time the flip based on that.
Here are two good examples of this type of grow. Sorry for too many images
Not only is that great growth and training, but I am digging your taste in decor. :thumb:

Indeed. I have a very small grow room(4x8) with two 3x3 tents, I have very restricted access to good seeds and I don't have any propogation room. Growing this way, I am getting the most nugs from my plants with 12-14 weeks of veg. depending on the strain. Purple Punch and Blue Gelato 41 responded this type of grow well but my current Pink Kush is taking things veeeeery slowly :laughtwo:
Here are two good examples of this type of grow. Sorry for too many images :Namaste:

Cheers :passitleft:

Purple Punch harvest day;

Blue Gelato #41 current grow;

1 week before the flip;

14 days after flip;

Very Nice. Your training looks Great , Like you said get the most out of each plant

Some is all I need, and since I took your advice on waiting to flip the seed plant, I can wait as long as it takes...especially if I can chop this plant in half. :cheesygrinsmiley:

How long from the time you saw male parts start to develop until you could get pollen? I will try to time the flip based on that.

Not only is that great growth and training, but I am digging your taste in decor. :thumb:

Thank you Shed. I have to stay ultra trimmed due to extreme RH levels :smokin: I miss my old place in a much dryer location :)

Very Nice. Your training looks Great , Like you said get the most out of each plant

Thank you PC. Takes a lot of time but its a nice way to deal with seed shortage.

Thank you Shed. I have to stay ultra trimmed due to extreme RH levels :smokin: I miss my old place in a much dryer location :)

Thank you PC. Takes a lot of time but its a nice way to deal with seed shortage.
Can you not buy from a seed bank. I would name one but ...... There are Lots of seed banks to try or you can go straight to the breeders. Like ACE they have some Great Landrace strains and old school stuff.

What strength of GA3 have people been using to successfully obtain pollen from a reversed female? I've got 2 bags of GA3 and like you I'm limited on space. So I must get the correct calutations the 1st time round.

My 1st attempt at GA3 also made the plant grow insainly tall without any balls to be seen untill it stretched to death essentially.

What strength of GA3 have people been using to successfully obtain pollen from a reversed female? I've got 2 bags of GA3 and like you I'm limited on space. So I must get the correct calutations the 1st time round.
My 1st attempt at GA3 also made the plant grow insainly tall without any balls to be seen untill it stretched to death essentially.
I'm using Celt's post here, where he says:
I aim for a concentration of between 150 and 180 ppm
I'm hoping that topping this at the halfway mark might help, but I'll leave a few tall ones for variation.

Back
Top Bottom