InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Friday night greetings all! I got some gardening done today and the sun came out for a while, so here's an update of the happenings, and warm up your scrolling finger. :thumb:

Program note: the labels on both Grandpa's Moonshine and 5 Killer Cookies are off by a month! They should read 5-3-23, not 4-3-23. Took me this long to notice. :eek:

With that in mind, it was time to move them from their solo cups into 1 gallon pots, so here we go (on day 25). The FFHF soil was mixed with 1tsp/gallon of @DYNOMYCO, which was also sprinkled in the hole and on the exposed roots before planting.

First up was the easy one, GM:

Roots:

All done:

Now to the 5KC, for which I needed a 1 gallon SWICK. I started by sealing the holes of a 1g pot with duct tape:

On the inside I sealed it with airplane glue (aka contact adhesive/cement, Goop, what some folks squeeze into a bag and inhale...):

After testing it for waterproofiosity, I filled it almost half full with perlite:

I poked a hole about an inch below that with a heated hole punch and pushed in a 1g pot with the bottom cut off:

Then I packed the bottom with FFHF and put the rest in the way I normally would on transplant.

Here was the 5KC this morning:

Roots and perlite:

I gave them a good shake, and here are roots with less perlite:

NB that the roots on the SWICK are much more concentrated at the bottom compared to the top-watered GM above.

Transplant completed:

I then slowly top watered it with week 3/4 @Prescription Blend nutes until it was running out of the hole:

And that was that.

If you're still following along, I'll show you that it was time to clean up the tent to make room for the Summer grow, so I checked on the Le Creme CBG perlite cuttings taken April 30th:

I planted the outer two and sent the rest down the garbage disposal. Then I did this with the mother:

I've also been keeping an Amnesia Lemon Kush mother plant, which is really too big:

So I took some cuttings, put them in perlite, and here's the result:

And so here is the tent tonight, sitting under the @Mars Hydro SP 250 at 60w for around 20,000 lux at the top of the Summer grow:

That's it from my place. I hope you all had a great week and your Memorial Day weekend goes well. Keep those who gave their lives to protect your country in your thoughts, as we are forever grateful. :peace:

Looks like a hard days work there Shed. :thumb: Have a great Memorial Day weekend mate!:Namaste:

A busy day at Shed's place!
Man, did that little swick work well, or what?-beautiful roots on the 5KC!
Is the 1 gallon swick her final home, or can/do you uppot a larger swick?
Seems like that might be a bit tricky...

Ooh I love those “acquihydrotenactlement” roots out the bottom of the red solo. Much much bigger versions of the ones I chopped off the size of my solo I dropped in the hydro tank.

After testing it for waterproofiosity,
Who doesn’t love an invented word!

Ah for the ability to work as neat as Shed!

Is that an orange old school drain cleaner holding up the 5KC? ❤️ if so!

Awesome, thanks,

Nick

Looks like a hard days work there Shed. Have a great Memorial Day weekend mate!
Thanks CM! To you as well. :)
GD and 5KC have a beautiful root ball and nice size to them your garden is incredible. If my root balls are half as good as yours, I will be happy. Enjoy your long weekend.
Thank you Keith! I'm looking forward to seeing what yours look like under that peat. 👀
A busy day at Shed's place!
Man, did that little swick work well, or what?-beautiful roots on the 5KC!
Is the 1 gallon swick her final home, or can/do you uppot a larger swick?
Seems like that might be a bit tricky...
Thanks Carcass! I took advantage of the bit of warmth we had today. :thumb:

The GM is going into a 7 gallon @GeoPot but the 5KC is actually ending up in a 5 gallon SIP when it's time to move them into their final homes. A Red Vines container res in a 5 gallon HD bucket with the appropriate holes, tubes, and piping inserted. Let's see how long before I get roots out of the drain hole on this one first!
Ooh I love those “acquihydrotenactlement” roots out the bottom of the red solo. Much much bigger versions of the ones I chopped off the size of my solo I dropped in the hydro tank.
That SWICK does create some serious roots.
Who doesn’t love an invented word!
LOL!
Ah for the ability to work as neat as Shed!
Neat and tidy, tidy and neat. 🧹
Is that an orange old school drain cleaner holding up the 5KC? ❤️ if so!
Not sure where you're looking. I didn't see a pic with anything orange in it, but there's no drain cleaner anywhere in the pics. :sorry: to disappoint!

Its kind of on the farside right.

IMG_3335.jpeg

Yeah I figured - we don’t have any here so no need. my maternal Grandfather smoked one, but they were always in the cupboard under the sink at home (not his) we used them for unblocking the sink grate above the “Tweeny” or waste disposal thing.

Maybe my Mum repurposed them?

Friday night greetings all! I got some gardening done today and the sun came out for a while, so here's an update of the happenings, and warm up your scrolling finger. :thumb:

Program note: the labels on both Grandpa's Moonshine and 5 Killer Cookies are off by a month! They should read 5-3-23, not 4-3-23. Took me this long to notice. :eek:

With that in mind, it was time to move them from their solo cups into 1 gallon pots, so here we go (on day 25). The FFHF soil was mixed with 1tsp/gallon of @DYNOMYCO, which was also sprinkled in the hole and on the exposed roots before planting.

Roots:

All done:

Now to the 5KC, for which I needed a 1 gallon SWICK. I started by sealing the holes of a 1g pot with duct tape:

On the inside I sealed it with airplane glue (aka contact adhesive/cement, Goop, what some folks squeeze into a bag and inhale...):

After testing it for waterproofiosity, I filled it almost half full with perlite:

I poked a hole about an inch below that with a heated hole punch and pushed in a 1g pot with the bottom cut off:

Then I packed the bottom with FFHF and put the rest in the way I normally would on transplant.

Roots and perlite:

NB that the roots on the SWICK are much more concentrated at the bottom compared to the top-watered GM above.

Transplant completed:

I then slowly top watered it with week 3/4 @Prescription Blend nutes until it was running out of the hole:

And that was that.

If you're still following along, I'll show you that it was time to clean up the tent to make room for the Summer grow, so I checked on the Le Creme CBG perlite cuttings taken April 30th:

I planted the outer two and sent the rest down the garbage disposal. Then I did this with the mother:

I've also been keeping an Amnesia Lemon Kush mother plant, which is really too big:

And so here is the tent tonight, sitting under the @Mars Hydro SP 250 at 60w for around 20,000 lux at the top of the Summer grow:

That's it from my place. I hope you all had a great week and your Memorial Day weekend goes well. Keep those who gave their lives to protect your country in your thoughts, as we are forever grateful. :peace:
You educate when you don’t even realize you’re doing it. Wow. Once again I pull a gem from the Shed. That Solo inside a Solo to extend the root ball down and yet keep the Solo shape? Brilliant. Yoink! Thanks!

You educate when you don’t even realize you’re doing it. Wow. Once again I pull a gem from the Shed. That Solo inside a Solo to extend the root ball down and yet keep the Solo shape? Brilliant. Yoink! Thanks!
About how long does it take to get that lower cup growth to the point you show in pictures? Less than a week?

A couple I’d say?

Its a great method. We use clear ones with biggish holes in the side for the inner. Coloured the outer with perlite at the bottom of each. Not quite the same but similar - someone better on the terminology feel free to jump in - but its a SWICK? We have used for clones and seed grows (one I even dumped in a pure aquaponics tank solo and all!

For me I like the airholes in the side the clear solos (clear for inspection) but the abilitybtomtop water and encourage the more hydro roots with the SWICK and watering down the sides.

We grow in Coco Peat (not coir - ours is finer, less chunky, silky to touch)

Below is our baby clone tent 5 minutes ago. Its been a bit neglected as you can see! 😅

But we up pot from there to the veg tent in 1Gs (plastic) to 3Gs (fabric) and then 5Gs (airpots) the day they go into the flower room on 12/12

From our experience I love the more hydro roots that they start with helps them along that journey. Along with the myco the roots learn to go down and out and enjoy a more aquatic lifestyle.

Its brilliant. Really. All found here on @420 from people to lovely and numerous to mention!

Can’t see myself changing although I have an aeroponics cloner ai’ve never used!

😂

Nick

IMG_3357.jpeg

I so wish I could send a warning to that remaining Candida mother. :straightface:

Roots:

All done:

Roots and perlite:

Transplant completed:

And that was that.

Outstanding job Sensei and wow’s about those roots! Wishing you n crew a happy holiday weekend. CL🍀

Yikes! I just put some rough numbers together and came out at approximately 44 lbs. Is this like the wall in the bottling room at the Jack Daniels distillery? Do I get a star or something for every 21 lbs grown?
I just saw this! Too funny!

21 some time in June for sure for us. Just not sure next week or a couple after. Close on maybe I need a solo cup grow get us over the line, 😅

But I’d never totalled it before. I will the next week or two but then nah! Doesn’t matter to my fun!

Nick

I so wish I could send a warning to that remaining Candida mother. :straightface:
I know bro - talking to a guy gotta up and leave and he’s got like 40 decent from seed, like oh $1000 USD of seeds in veg room made in a kitchen 😅

For scale - they had 3000 plants in greenhouse before harvest last month.

But they need to leave and he’s devastated.

I am

I just don’t have an easy place to grow them in. They’ve been offered to me. Free.

Maybe I’ll find a way - but its space, space (and money for food) Like why Shed does it?

Ooph though. I gotta find a way. 😅

Nick

Have a gentle and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. I'd like to thank those who served / serve for the brave hearted sacrifice they made / make to keep the world as safe a place as possible, and who fight for our freedoms. It's not just your country these brave men and women protect and defend, it it an ethos that belongs to all people who desire freedom and democracy. Be safe out there.
You've had a busy garden day Shed.... all looking neat and fresh :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom