InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Ok I’m just making my rounds and catching up but there is so much I like in this weekend update!

That spider shot!! That plant holding a bowl! (Thanks) the caterpillar pics!! Those nugs!! (Mmmmm) the new PC!!

Great job on the harvest and that oil! Is that for eating or for rubbing??

In the name of Science! And for @Scientific who hasn't been seen since he was disqualified from January's MOTM.

Wait dynamo, I'm confused. You already said don't transplant and now it sounds like you're saying it again!

Transplant but do it gently.

I dig a hole, sprinkle Mycos in the hole run a knife around the edge of the smaller pot. Tip the pot upside down (damp soil helps here) slide out of small pot, flip rightside up and into the hole. Add a little bit of new soil to the pot (I add a few tbs of malted barley ground fine here) and water and back under the lights.

Don't even skip a beat and much happier plant. I do it this way with all my up-pots.

I've done this with a 4' flowering plant too... needed a few extra hands for sure but it's doable. As long as there's a decent root ball. Problem with AUTOs is the root ball sometimes isn't the biggest.

And perfect. Shed that's perfection brother. I've actally never made a hole with a pot like that - I guess that's what you call reverse sand castle. I make a larger hole than the root ball and fill in extra space with ewc/soil. The old school way. I learnt transplanting from indoors to outdoors and still do it that way. Just dig a bigger hole than the root ball. Done.. cant imagine that plant having any stress..

One thing I never do tho is rough up the root ball. I've seen that done but I don't think it's good for the plant and that would for sure cause stress. It's like topping a plant, it's the same thing cutting roots. The root ball has a root apical meristem same at the shoot apical meristem (main stem) - cut that and the plant needs to grow a new one. Same with topping. So thats where the up pot stress thing comes from I'm thinking. I think that rough up the root ball thing comes from tree planting paradigm where they use a front end loader.:rolleyes:

full

I use a spreadsheet created by Oldbear that will calculate the strength of the oil your making so you'll know if it's going to do what you want. I can PM you the whole instructions if you're interested!
Can you send me this with detailed instructions! I need to figure this shit out :)
I'm not sure why you would want to go through the trouble of making dabs just to dissolve the dab in oil so you can cook with it. Easier to make oil directly!
Dabs or Rosin would be good to cook into things that won’t mix with oil nicely like hard candy or fruit leathers. You could also use keif but that’s the only reason I think you’d need to do this
Question: How much root growth takes place in an auto after it begins flowering?
Testing method: Transplant it after it begins flowering and see how much bigger the root ball is at harvest.
Random elements: Transplant shock, root growth solely stimulated by transplant...(insert others here).
I know you already did this but just so you know, I’d have said DO IT! I am interested to see how much root growth there is and really it can’t hurt doing it like you did...she prob slept through all of that! #greatjob
:thanks:
I'll stop by on my way to visit MadDab in Alaska!

Me tooo! See me on your way, or pick me up:)
I revise my suggestion to wait, did not realize it's an auto. I've learned not to stress my DDA auto's or they will flower immediately .:Namaste:

Yes it’s stress that causes early flowering and each Auto has their own stress gage;)

I just can't get behind the auto root myth. I've pulled multiple autos from 1 gal pots that were nearly root bound and weren't flowering yet.

Meh... they just gon' flower when their little sassy ass is good & ready. LoL

-P:ganjamon:
Haha this is the actual science we are needing and also my theory;) They are all different, even seeds of the same strain, that’s why I like autos so much! They do not give an F and do what they want:D #sassygirls #justlikenewty
9EC4F4BE-C80D-4309-9C12-B6EF80BCA951.jpeg

Im pleased to hear this and will now be less likely to shy away from transplanting in the future with autos.
Will you get the most sunlight there? That sun is swinging pretty low these days eh? Im not Canadian...not sure why the "eh" haha
Beautiful job man as mentioned before! :goodjob:
Haha too funny! I want to thank you for doing this for all of us to see! Im intrigued as hell cause this is my first real time in an outdoor grow journal. Ive grown some myself outdoors but it should be an education for me Im sure. Glad to be here!
Low sun eh? Oh yah, the sun has moved enough in the sky that I can't put the plants on the table any more because the huge pine tree is in the way. I had to move a bench onto the "grass" and put the plants there this morning. New routine...moving the plants and the bench twice a day!
Dabs. Strong stuff. Knock your socks off stuff. Bam!!!!
Oh I wasn't dissing on dabs! I was just thinking the first thing you need to do with it for cooking is dilute it again.
Hey InTheShed just dropping just and reading up, lots going on it seams.
Hope everything is going great on your side buddy :ganjamon:
Thanks Sarge! With the AK-47 1.1.1.1 and the Sour G down, it feels like a whole new grow :).
Ok I’m just making my rounds and catching up but there is so much I like in this weekend update! That spider shot!! That plant holding a bowl! (Thanks) the caterpillar pics!! Those nugs!! (Mmmmm) the new PC!!
Great job on the harvest and that oil! Is that for eating or for rubbing??
Thanks newty! #plantswithbowls

Oil for rubbing because fusarium (I marked the bottle with an F so I'd remember). Otherwise you could probably use it for either. I know Derby does.
Transplant but do it gently.
I dig a hole, sprinkle Mycos in the hole run a knife around the edge of the smaller pot. Tip the pot upside down (damp soil helps here) slide out of small pot, flip rightside up and into the hole. Add a little bit of new soil to the pot (I add a few tbs of malted barley ground fine here) and water and back under the lights.

Don't even skip a beat and much happier plant. I do it this way with all my up-pots.

I've done this with a 4' flowering plant too... needed a few extra hands for sure but it's doable. As long as there's a decent root ball. Problem with AUTOs is the root ball sometimes isn't the biggest.

And perfect. Shed that's perfection brother. I've actally never made a hole with a pot like that - I guess that's what you call reverse sand castle. I make a larger hole than the root ball and fill in extra space with ewc/soil. The old school way. I learnt transplanting from indoors to outdoors and still do it that way. Just dig a bigger hole than the root ball. Done.. cant imagine that plant having any stress..

One thing I never do tho is rough up the root ball. I've seen that done but I don't think it's good for the plant and that would for sure cause stress. It's like topping a plant, it's the same thing cutting roots. The root ball has a root apical meristem same at the shoot apical meristem (main stem) - cut that and the plant needs to grow a new one. Same with topping. So thats where the up pot stress thing comes from I'm thinking. I think that rough up the root ball thing comes from tree planting paradigm where they use a front end loader.:rolleyes:
Great info on root scoring bob, thanks! I'm no longer going to rough up my cannabis roots :thumb:. That inverse sand castle seems to be just the ticket for this plant. I'll know in a few days but so far so good.
Can you send me this with detailed instructions! I need to figure this shit out :)
Check your PM!
Dabs or Rosin would be good to cook into things that won’t mix with oil nicely like hard candy or fruit leathers. You could also use keif but that’s the only reason I think you’d need to do this
Oh true if you're not using any oil in the recipe!
I know you already did this but just so you know, I’d have said DO IT! I am interested to see how much root growth there is and really it can’t hurt doing it like you did...she prob slept through all of that! #greatjob
Of course you would have! I'll make sure to get a good shot of the roots when I pull in...for science!
Me tooo! See me on your way, or pick me up:)
Absolutely!
Yes it’s stress that causes early flowering and each Auto has their own stress gage;)
Haha this is the actual science we are needing and also my theory;) They are all different, even seeds of the same strain, that’s why I like autos so much! They do not give an F and do what they want:D #sassygirls #justlikenewty
Stress or maturity seems to be the trigger. A happy auto will flower when it feels like it's time. A stressed one will flower because it thinks it better in order to have babies!

Of course you have a mug like that! It's perfect for you :cool:.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Thursday all! The Blue Treacle 1 is doing its thing this morning and seems to be stress-free :).

Still no sign of roots or even root bumps on any of the other cuttings in the cloninator. But how long before I plant this one:

It's something about having fishbone roots, yes?

That's it for the update this morning. I hope your week is winding down well, one more day to go (if you're not in retail!).
:Namaste:

Things are looking good Shed! Yea I was talking about how the suns path is much lower due to fall. Weve had alot of cloud cover lately in SoCal.
Any chance you got something with wheels you could move them plants around in brother? Shed cant stay fit like a gladiator forever ya know?;)

Things are looking good Shed! Yea I was talking about how the suns path is much lower due to fall. Weve had alot of cloud cover lately in SoCal.
Any chance you got something with wheels you could move them plants around in brother? Shed cant stay fit like a gladiator forever ya know?;)
It's on a couple of different levels so wheels won't help. As long as they're in 10 gallons or smaller I can carry them, for now. Much easier when they're dry though, that's for sure.

Im just messing with you buddy, would be nice to have em' in a wheelbarrow or something for my situation.

What would your advice be to someone who wants to maybe get more serious about growing a plant outdoors? Coming from indoors that is? I ask because every time I've tried it, it was because I had germed too many seeds or was attempting cloning, etc. My outdoor plants have been redheaded stepchildren lol

I would advise growing outdoors, in soil, with as much sun as you can get. Because of my shed(s) I have the flexibility to flip photos whenever I want (into the shed at night for additional light so they don't flip until I want, then into the shed at night for 12 hours of dark), otherwise I'd probably just be running autos. I don't want to wait until October to harvest plants in pots!

My plants go into the sun the day they break soil so they know they are outside plants.

And neem ;). Shake shake spray.

I've also been thinking about self contained pots on wheels with some sort of scrogg or support.
Just got to figure it out. Got a few ideas.

I would advise growing outdoors, in soil, with as much sun as you can get. Because of my shed(s) I have the flexibility to flip photos whenever I want (into the shed at night for additional light so they don't flip until I want, then into the shed at night for 12 hours of dark), otherwise I'd probably just be running autos. I don't want to wait until October to harvest plants in pots!

My plants go into the sun the day they break soil so they know they are outside plants.

And neem ;). Shake shake spray.

Awesome man. Well, its official... Ill need a chair for your journal bro. I got an idea, I'm a furniture maker and we are outside...Ill pretend this chair I am currently working on will be for watching your show! I play guitar, not well, but I can serenade your ladies bro no prob haha!

I've also been thinking about self contained pots on wheels with some sort of scrogg or support.
That...should definitely happen.. I know a guy who grows frigging trees outdoors with his cannabis plants. Sure would be nice to not have to worry about ac and electricity bills :oops:

@The rooster has already sorted that out, except for the wheels. Here is his tutorial.

Awesome man. Well, its official... Ill need a chair for your journal bro. I got an idea, I'm a furniture maker and we are outside...Ill pretend this chair I am currently working on will be for watching your show! I play guitar, not well, but I can serenade your ladies bro no prob haha!
That...should definitely happen.. I know a guy who grows frigging trees outdoors with his cannabis plants. Sure would be nice to not have to worry about ac and electricity bills :oops:
A chair is always a good idea! Watch out for the arms so they don't scratch the back of the guitar though!

I'd love to be able to plant directly in the ground but I don't have anyplace for them that gets enough direct sunlight that isn't practically on the street!

I want that for indoors. Will just make ut so much easier to keep clean and tend to plants and you can rotate plants too which you cant do under a fixed scrogg or trellis.
What this space ..................... ;):goodjob:

@The rooster has already sorted that out, except for the wheels. Here is his tutorial.

A chair is always a good idea! Watch out for the arms so they don't scratch the back of the guitar though!

I'd love to be able to plant in soil but I don't have anyplace for them that gets enough direct sunlight that isn't practially on the street!
Thanks so much!
Much appreciated! :Namaste:

It's on a couple of different levels so wheels won't help. As long as they're in 10 gallons or smaller I can carry them, for now. Much easier when they're dry though, that's for sure.

Just do like my Dad and put all of the plants on a trailer and pull them around on your tractor Shed.

Back
Top Bottom