InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Would you please give me your citrus spray formula sir?:Namaste:
Hi dynamo1

Here's a copy and paste of Shed's citrus spray formulas (1st one is for PM)

"Here is my recipe, and you can scale it up or down based on how much you need:
5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water (or .3ml per 500ml).

For my bud washing, I just used a 1% solution (no soap and with tap water) based on how much water was in the bucket (4 gallons = 15142ml, so that would take 151g of citric acid. I mixed that up with the baking soda (.5-.75 cups/5 gallon bucket) for the wash water. Rinse buckets are plain tap."

Been lookin in n out this awsome +1k pages perpetual journal mind if I dive in at this juncture
Thanks Verbalist, and I don't mind at all! :welcome: to my perpetual and diving in now is as good a time as any.
Your harvest looks amazing! Enjoy mate!
Thanks WSE! That Chiquita Banana is so sticky. :thumb:
Hell Yes Jarred is pleasing ! That's after all the work/effort cash has been done . Good job Shed looking fantastic !! Yeah i couldn't wait a month to clone , for one i would get pissed and throw them out .
LOL thanks sb! I haven't tossed them out yet because I don't need the desk space for anything else. If I did, I'd replace them in a heartbeat after this long.
Would you please give me your citrus spray formula sir?
What Rexer said! ↓
Hi dynamo1
Here's a copy and paste of Shed's citrus spray formulas (1st one is for PM)

"Here is my recipe, and you can scale it up or down based on how much you need:
5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water (or .3ml per 500ml).

For my bud washing, I just used a 1% solution (no soap and with tap water) based on how much water was in the bucket (4 gallons = 15142ml, so that would take 151g of citric acid. I mixed that up with the baking soda (.5-.75 cups/5 gallon bucket) for the wash water. Rinse buckets are plain tap."
:thanks: Rex. You really are Johnny on the spot. :adore:
You always have the best looking buds in your jars my friend!
Aww, thanks Otter!

Sour G on the left (5.5 jars) and CB on the right (7 jars).
Great looking haul, Shed!
I'm only counting 4.5 jars of Sour G...but I do suck at math, so....

Jars.
Roots.
Clones.

A Gordie Howe hat trick!!!

Bitte.

Okay folks, been a while since we've seen plants so here is a Wednesday update! If they look wet, they all got sprayed with 1% citric acid this morning for PM.

Chilly and grey this morning but it should get a bit brighter with a high of 66ºF, so out they came this morning. Solo cups go out first so let's start with the Jack Herer clones:

These were all cut on Oct 9th, but the left one got roots in 19 days and has been planted since the 28th. The other two took a lot longer for roots and got planted earlier this week. I hope to find a home for those two soon!

Moving on to the still-droopy Doug's Varin on day 16:

Not sure why it's not as happy as it was last week, but as long as it's green it's okay by me.

Next up are the Sour G clones that I'm trying to use to make seeds:

The STS one is on flip day 17 and the one for seeds is on flip day 6. From what I can see, the STS is not working:

I hope I get roots on at least one of the clones I took so I can start the process again. I still have some STS makings in the fridge so I would go with a stronger solution next time.

How about the big flowering plants (both on flip day 17), leading off with the rangy Sour G:

And finally, the bushy Jack Herer from @Weed Seeds Express:

Both of these will get a post-stretch measuring and clean-up this weekend.

That's it for me today. I hope to have more time to catch up on the rest of the site, and I hope your week has been treating you well! :ciao:

Quote:
Smort!

What could we be missing? Is the secret that well kept?
I'm not sure. This solution has been in fridge for a few months but I've heard it will keep that long (even up to 9 months). So it could be that, but VG didn't get any visible pollen to collect from her DDA with fresh solution (though she did get seeds on the adjoining DDA, so there was pollen floating in that tent).

I'm spraying every 3 days rather than 4 because of the age of the mix.

I also remembered late that Chef recommends lower lighting for sprayed plants, so there's that as well.

If this doesn't work (I had nanners as early as 22 days on the Candida this spring) then I'll mix a fresh stronger batch and try again eventually with new clones.

I'm not sure. This solution has been in fridge for a few months but I've heard it will keep that long (even up to 9 months). So it could be that, but VG didn't get any visible pollen to collect from her DDA with fresh solution (though she did get seeds on the adjoining DDA, so there was pollen floating in that tent).

I'm spraying every 3 days rather than 4 because of the age of the mix.

I also remembered late that Chef recommends lower lighting for sprayed plants, so there's that as well.

If this doesn't work (I had nanners as early as 22 days on the Candida this spring) then I'll mix a fresh stronger batch and try again eventually with new clones.
Those are sound sounding decisions to me. The pro's are either not saying how tough it is to breed fems, or they're leaving something out :thedoubletake:

I know that Chis has had a lot of success with it, but some varieties are tougher than others. Maybe that's it!
Could be. I've watched quite a few of us fail multiple times with multiple methods. All the methods really. I'm still watching mine in the yard for selfing. Might as well for the progress I've made turning them otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom