Invi's First Indoor Grow From Clones 2x400w In Soil

Hey mate,
Ok. I sort of agree with you on the 400w, but as i said left untrained my last grow hit 5ft and she had decent growth pretty much all the way down her, maybe some of the smaller branches at the lower of her werent as developed but that was again i think in part due to not recieving adequate direct lighting. Im not sure but i think most of my large cola's were about 10 inches?
I wouldnt use a 1000w light!! Would turn my space into an oven:) My 600w will be hot enough..
I just measured Cindy again and secured 2 more points on her.. She s about 66cm atm, so i hope she ll gain another 30cm over the next 3 weeks.. Then ill flower her.
Good to see that your blueberry s dun well:) And youve also got some nice lookn nugs too!!:goodjob:
Well take it easy mate, and chat soon k, Smokem..

Yeah the blueberry got quite nice - i got 245g off of her (wet). This bud is about 10" long.

Great job INVI!!
Thats a good effort bro. Hope youre happy with your harvest:) Yeah that buds mad:drool: Once thats dry thats gunna be packed tight i reckon!
Nuthin betta than phat buds ay!! LOVE IT! I dont think ill get buds as large as my last girls, but as long as theyre not spindly,and full of leaves ill be happy. I like nice swollen calyxes:) Well all the hard works over, now you can sit back and enjoy your reward!!:woohoo::rollit:
Later buddy, Smokem..

Great job INVI!!
Thats a good effort bro. Hope youre happy with your harvest:) Yeah that buds mad:drool: Once thats dry thats gunna be packed tight i reckon!
Nuthin betta than phat buds ay!! LOVE IT! I dont think ill get buds as large as my last girls, but as long as theyre not spindly,and full of leaves ill be happy. I like nice swollen calyxes:) Well all the hard works over, now you can sit back and enjoy your reward!!:woohoo::rollit:
Later buddy, Smokem..

Thanks Smokem :)

And yeah i'm really happy - so far im above 1kg wet, and i have the herers yet (2 bigger one and 2 smaller) and a small blueberry, but i dont expect her to yield much, i couldn't present her enough light.
It seems i will hit .5 gpw easily with the herers - here in the attic with temps often getting above 90.

I hope for my next grow i can get a nice room for them with better temps, where i have enough space to reach every girl easily so i can train them better, and set it up permanently, not just for a single grow session.. i have to clear up my current room till end of the month so i did not spend much on it - built the whole thing from thrash around the house, only bought some mylar and the HIDs.

Also i figured how much it means to have a tight! place covered with reflecting material all around - that will help a lot if i'll have lower temperatures and can cover the girls from all sides with mylar properly.
I gave 2 clones to a friend (css and caramelo), and he will get around 250g dried from his 250W HID (his first grow ever, only i helped him where i could). He did this with worse nute schedule then me, but he could get the reflective walls much closer to the plants - i think his girls got almost as much lumen as mines from 800W.

I'm thinking of posting a journal for his grow, it turned out so nicely. Easy setup, nothing complicated only basic nutes and still ends up around 1gpw.

Yeah shit hot!!
Thats a good start, 1kg wet.. Thats more like it!! And the Herer s still to do ay, you gunna have a bit of smoko there bro:)
And agreed mate, having MYLAR around is good. At first until Cindy grew out, the Mylar wasnt as effective as now, cos she's pressing against nearly all walls!! I have the branches moving around and her light so im trying to get alot of light.
See its a complex argument about production weights from soil and hydro, ive been talking alot with teSmp, and i thought he d get a good dry weight, but he assures me he will lose about 70% weight once dry.. Hope he gets more!! But yeah, i said to him that im willing to try produce 1 large plant grown like a pine tree style, in 4 months start to finish, its a month longer than his time, but this alows for amber trichs. I want to see if i can closely replicate the growth in soil. I may not but ive usually gotten half a pound off my plants, my most being 10.5 half oz. And they were grown without training and such, just good soil and light and some org. nutes. too.
Also i wouldnt mind a larger space myself! One i can use is too risky to try.. So i wont be doing that but i still have one other option i may look into after Cindy s grow.
Well good job and hope the Herer s give you a bit too! Chat later mate,
Smokem..

Yeah shit hot!!
Thats a good start, 1kg wet..
See its a complex argument about production weights from soil and hydro, ive been talking alot with teSmp, and i thought he d get a good dry weight, but he assures me he will lose about 70% weight once dry.. Hope he gets more!! But yeah, i said to him that im willing to try produce 1 large plant grown like a pine tree style, in 4 months start to finish, its a month longer than his time, but this alows for amber trichs. I want to see if i can closely replicate the growth in soil.

Ooh thanks! :)

I think you can do pretty much the same in soil as in hydro, sure yield will be less in the same time if both is done properly, but i have seen grow journals in soil with just as incredible results as in hydro.
However there are quite a few things in soil that is missing from hydro - i'm sure we haven't even seen every interaction that can occur between the soil and the plant not to mention modelling it and providing nutrients for it. I think (guess) that is what usually makes soil grown weed taste better, who knows what other differences there are.

Regarding wet-dry weight ratio i still think that his 70% might be a bit optimistic - maybe because he is only using vapo so he doesnt need to light the stuff actually. But ill try to keep more water with the current cure, will see if 70% water loss is enough.

By the way i chopped a remaining sensi with popcorn only - 38g wet aint that bad. Every single budsite was worth to trim (swollen calyxes, thick resin coating). They don't even need light for it.. they have been in my room for a week, getting only some reflected ligh from the walls.
I cut a popcorn sensi early for comparison - that yielded around 25g wet, half the budsites were useless and will make some edibles together with the trimmed leaves.

Yeah sweet buddy!
It all counts:) But yeah, how much weight, from the buds would you estimate youd lose - percentage wise - during drying process??
See we dont really weigh our smoke wet, so ive never done it, but i will weigh Cindy wet just for my own references and to see what she weighs wet/dry.. Be cool, later bro, Smokemup;)

Yeah sweet buddy!
It all counts:) But yeah, how much weight, from the buds would you estimate youd lose - percentage wise - during drying process??
See we dont really weigh our smoke wet, so ive never done it, but i will weigh Cindy wet just for my own references and to see what she weighs wet/dry.. Be cool, later bro, Smokemup;)

Depends on water content of the plant - if you let them go real dry before harvesting (obviously this cannot be done in hydro), you can get better ratios. I like to trim them when they are harder because of higher water content (easier to cut off leaves then), so i trim 3-5 days after last watering usually.
Because of this some people get 65 (saw this on a forum not sure if it is to believe?) 70%, others 80% water content.

Hey me again,
Yeah well i gave my girl about 35hrs dark before harvest, and i usually let her pot dry out after her final flush keep lights on for another 24-48 hrs, then keep em in the dark for the nxt 30hrs or so.. As ive said, ive never weighed wet, so I HAVE NO RESULTS OF MY OWN to compare with.. But im thinkin back to my last grow, when i was trimming her at harvest, i didnt have much extra weight leaf material wise on her other than what was among the buds, close smaller buds and some big fans.. After removing the excess leaves and trimming the branches down at harvest, i wasnt left with a great deal of stem and leaf.. Im not sure what the buds weighed wet, but i dried them and cured them i got 8 oz 1 quarter, i dont think the buds all up wet would have weighed say, 70% more than 8 oz and 1 quart?? Thats over 1.50 pounds.. I REALLY DOUBT i had that MUCH weight total, even with the long stems before i trimmed!! Maybe the whole plant chopped and with all branches - I MAY BE WRONG - but its unlikely i lost 70% of my buds weight.. I wont agree with that. For ANYONE.. I have the photo s of dry/wet and sure the buds did reduce some in size, but my buds werent like really thick and heavy, they were more airy,calyxes were swollen- but she wasnt just swollen where she was so tight you could hardly compress them..
So im going to be the thorn in all the growers who have lost 70% of weight regularly!! But i am weighing Cindy wet once trimmed, just so i can have a point of reference for my own results.
You cant argue with what people have done, there may be a few different reasons why there are varying weight differences, just like there is difference between using Cfl's all the way thru a grow - House hold cfl's - and using a MH and HPS.
See i dont like to be the one who says :But - what about...such and such?? Tho unfortunately i must be able to rule out and know for sure what is what, no matter which field we speak of im active in.. If it werent for people asking questions where would we be, and people trying to make something more effective or productive, it s our nature..
Small things like a person who grows outdoors and uses no extra nutrients to feed the plant other than water, and his neighbour lets say, who chucked in a little N,P,K ferts here and there and got a larger grow.
If he didnt use the nutes, he d have similar growth as his neighbour, but now by adding one different thing - he may have gained more bud, his m8 asks how, he tells him and tries it, and bam, now he has bigger plants.
As i am not lucky enough to have a job where i can grow weed, various ways on a large scale for comparisons and research. I must use a social network such as this. Members here - some, have grown weed for decades, and have results from their grows.
Each grower is different, how each grower feeds their plants may vary, their temps, their RH and PPm different.. So, isnt it feasable that results are diffrent. Unless everything is set and done exactly 100% step by step the same.. Even then, some things we cant control, like the plants sending Auxins, its hormones - sexing male or female,hermi and creating Apical tops if it feels one needs it.. These vary from plant to plant.. Some reactions are due to the growers actions so that is a ' variable '..
OMG.. I think i bin rambling too long!! Sorry bro! Should have bouncd it to my page? I dunno how to do that? Soz..
Anyway guys, this is some of my thoughts and such.. Everyone has different results!! Hahaha.. Sparkin a fire here..:)
Chat soon. Smokemup:goodjob::peace:

Let me know if you end up above 30% dry weight!
For me it was usually 20-30% (i checked it maybe 3 times, with single buds and with a few hundred wet gramms worth).
And yeah, this is why we have forums so just go on.. :)

Anyhow!
I have finished the last sensi popcorn - popcorns were 170g wet, so all in all i harvested 585g of wet sensi, this is the final result.
If teSmp is right with 70% then ill have ~170g dried CSS. If not then ill have 150 muhaha :allgood:
Even if i smoke a lot that can last for a year!

Ill try to trim some herer today. Kinda having hard days recently, working my 8 hours then trimming till midnight or later (earlier..?) - ooh so bad for me :):)

Nice effort pal! Are you a fairly light smoker Invi?? I smoke 5 oz in about 2 months between me n my mrs..
I need like 2 pound for a year!! Need to increase my Grow space:):) MAJORLY!

When i was paying for it i smoked about 5g a week... Not sure if i will be able to keep to that with this much weed lying around.. :)

what a dellema

what a dellema

Hehe yeah :D

Should swap for vapo completely though then i could 'smoke' all i want without bad feelings :)

Im soo lazy ffs... still 3 herers to chop and a small bb... give me strength!!!!!

You can do it!!!

You can do it!!!

Hahh your spell worked.. i'm done with another herer!:woohoo:
I got 186g wet from her, the biggest bud was over 60g! Hopefully tomorrow i will finish at least another herer and the little blueberry.
The three plant that still grows are smaller ones - they got less light then the others so they spent another week close to the hid.
If i can get 200 off them it means ill have 1800g wet... lol wth im gona do with 600g o,O

OMG Invi, I am DRIBBLING!!!! OK, so I've been without anything for two weeks now so even the grass in the garden is looking appealing but this looks bloody gorgeous. Very very nice indeed! :thumb: :cheer:

OMG Invi, I am DRIBBLING!!!! OK, so I've been without anything for two weeks now so even the grass in the garden is looking appealing but this looks bloody gorgeous. Very very nice indeed! :thumb: :cheer:

Thanks a lot! Happy you peeked in!

I got some bad news unfortunately, the small blueberry got half eaten by a worm while spending her 2 days dark period...
To be honest i deserved it for trimming so slowly - mother nature solved it for me. The worm only ate leaves and stems - it kinda trimmed my plant or at least 2/3rd of it - i had to collect the buds from the floor already half dried with only smaller leaves...
So i gotta trim less and have raised another high butterfly.
I'm just happy this did not occur a few weeks or a month ago :)

Back
Top Bottom