Is Weed Too Strong These Days?

Just curious what your thoughts are. "Back in the day" (I'm 56), we would kick back and smoke a doobie. Everyone was chill and maybe we'd order a pizza, watch the tube, go to the park, whatever. These days, I couldn't imagine smoking the amount we did back then and being able to function at any normal level. I've always been a bit of a lightweight, but today's weed is just so much more potent than what I was first introduced to.

35 years ago I used to get really stoned with a couple friends. I guess I was a lightweight back then and I definitely do not like too much THC now that I'm older. I like a nice mellow little buzz. Although I am growing a couple of potent strains. I'm hoping I can deal with it effects and get motivation to clean my house. LOL

56 here too, took 1 dabs and yes, they told me back when we were smoking, the % level was around 7 to 9% thc, now its up in the 20 to 30% range. The 1 dabs hit I took was over the top for me but tasted like the BEST! Hash I'd even tasted. It was over the top ...... for me.

:passitleft:

Although I am growing a couple of potent strains
Same here. I'm trying a few different strains to grow, and although I hope they reach their full potential, I guess I also miss the days when weed was just easier (if that makes sense) to smoke.
56 here too, took 1 dabs and yes, they told me back when we were smoking, the % level was around 7 to 9% thc, now its up in the 20 to 30% range. The 1 dabs hit I took was over the top for me but tasted like the BEST! Hash I'd even tasted. It was over the top ...... for me.

The first dab I took I was at a friend's house after we went to the bar. So I already had a decent buzz going. Tried the dab, and BAM! I was done for the night.

Exactly... you don't have to smoke the whole joint. :) Yes, the pot is better these days, not just because the pot is better, but because grow methods and lights and nutrients and just the whole knowledge level surrounding this thing these days is better... we grow better pot.
So yeah all you lightweights... stop at a couple of tokes until you get used to it. By all means, pace yourselves. :)

i dunno.. i remember easy access to strains like skunk and lambs breath that'd go head to head with a lot of stuff today. used to get cherry oil so good you felt yourself getting stoned while exhaling the first hit... none of that is around anymore..

nowadays i notice a lot of folks equating couchlock with potent or good, and i figger it's a crap trend. i like to do more than snooze after smoking.

Yeah for me a huge change was when the imported weed we got here in BC -pretty much all sativas like Thai and Jamaican- all that stuff disappeared in the late 80’s and by the 90’s all you could get was couchlock indica. I guess it was stronger... I don’t know. Different anyway. A completely different type of high that personally I’ve never liked that much. Eventually I had to start growing my own sativas. But first... it took me a couple decades to decipher what the f$&k even happened and why I didn’t like smoking anymore, and the difference between an indica and a sativa high. So, just a little detour there... :lot-o-toke:

Just curious what your thoughts are. "Back in the day" (I'm 56), we would kick back and smoke a doobie. Everyone was chill and maybe we'd order a pizza, watch the tube, go to the park, whatever. These days, I couldn't imagine smoking the amount we did back then and being able to function at any normal level. I've always been a bit of a lightweight, but today's weed is just so much more potent than what I was first introduced to.

The higher the CBD level, the less effect the THC has . So you can grow higher CBD strains if you're afraid of over doing it.

It's actually better for me that it's so strong. I'll just take one or 2 puffs off of a joint and I'm set for mis adventure. Less stress on the lungs for the same high. Can't overdose on it anyway. If the cannabis is in a tincture you can measure it out with a dropper bottle for exact dosing.

Theirs simply no down side to stronger cannabis. Just quit being such a braggart joint hogger.

The higher the CBD level, the less effect the THC has . So you can grow higher CBD strains if you're afraid of over doing it.

It's actually better for me that it's so strong. I'll just take one or 2 puffs off of a joint and I'm set for mis adventure. Less stress on the lungs for the same high. Can't overdose on it anyway. If the cannabis is in a tincture you can measure it out with a dropper bottle for exact dosing.

Theirs simply no down side to stronger cannabis. Just quit being such a braggart joint hogger.
Like the old song.
Dont bogart......... that joint, my friend
Pass it over to meeeee

I'm on the other side of sixty. When I was young, I smoked a big fat joint to get a nice buzz. Now, I smoke about half of a little skinny thing. I got no complaints!

Simple question regarding the original question... have ever smoked and then thought... nope, that’s too strong?
Nope, to answer your question... no, I have never thought that, and I have smoked some of the strongest pot on the planet. I remember clearly the last time I smoked some 2 hit Kona Gold from the big Island. My reaction to the first hit on that joint was not, omg - this is too strong, it was more like ahhhhh. My second hit, the one that wiped me out and told me I didn't need any more, it was filled with happiness and joy and the pleasure of the ganja taking over and putting me in a very mellow place. I didn't fight it, nor feel it was too strong, and indeed this is some of the strongest pot I have ever smoked. I enjoy the feeling... that is the difference. I embrace the change in my brain, my body and my consciousness when I get high. I become one with it, instead of fighting it. That is the key.

Simple question regarding the original question... have ever smoked and then thought... nope, that’s too strong?

definitely.

back in the 90's i got some chemo.

story was it was specifically for cancer patients on chemotherapy or terminal. it was an absolutely crippling stone, could not move, ultimate couchlock. not just no pain, no sensation at all. felt like you were totally disconnected from every nerve ending. no way you could do anything on it but sit or lay down, but not real sleepy.

the effect was always the same no matter how much you smoked. the only thing that changed was the duration. some thought it was doctored up somehow. took two joints to a concert, smoked half with two friends, lost the rest, we were actually happy about it.

I remember smoking some Thai stick back in the early 90's....had 2 mini pipes, was laying on my back 10 minutes later feeling like water was flowing out every orifice of my body.....Thats Stoned...lol

The Cannabis these days is pretty strong but I think its always been that strong, just we learnt how to measure it, and breed to produce more THC through selection of genetics.

Meh...smoke it....goes out more that 3 times...your too stoned... Lol.
Get a tea and a snack.

Back
Top Bottom