Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flower Box - Test 4: ScrOG

Found some wood pieces we had collected on our camping trips that we thought were cool. We finally found a good use for them, huh?

I'm trying to leave the soil open for mosses, and plants, but increase the usable space for the frogs.

So I'm thinking that a medium sized tropical in the soil will make a nice vertical climb. Ground cover vines for the rest of the soil will really fill it in. In the net cups on the left: Top will have a moss that likes to cling, and likes medium light and water, a cool bromeliad in the bottom cup, and maybe a good water lover in the middle one, Artillery, or pothos should work pretty well, there...

Now in the right net cup, I was wanting to put a really good creeper to grow down the vine, and up accross to the other side.

Whatcha think?

Okay!! Got my door hardware and my sheet moss in today!

I started with the hinge and the door pull, then the catch will be installed in 24 hours after the epoxy adhesive cures on the hinge. After the catch is installed, because I don't want any gasses to kill anything live inside, I will wait 48 hours before placing the moss around.

I have pics of the door hinge, and the mosses I just got in.

Hinge is a clear acrylic piano hinge that runs the entire length of the door on the right side.

The pull is also acrylic, as well as the catch.

And now, my new moss, reconstituting after the week-long FedEx trip from Michigan. I got 2 Gallon Bags full of it, and I really think I may have overdone it, but there will be a lot of die-off so I dunno.

You might have noticed a new addition inside the vivarium as well. I have filled the substrate area with a layer of leaf litter to go ahead and start decomposing to add some extra nutrients to the substrate, and to provide a good hiding place for the froglets when they arrive until they get comfy with the new surroundings. Moss will go around that to fill in the edges. I'll also be filling in around the plants to hide the net cups, as well as installing some cork tubes on which to grow moss.

Can you tell I like mosses?

Okay, Hinge is fully cured. So I took off the block spacers for the bottom 1/32" gap so it doesn't gring glass to glass as I open/close the door. Mixed up some more epoxy adhesive, and attached the closure and gave it a 2 hour (non-load-bearing) cure. here it is.

I really like how the clear hardware sort-of accents the clarity of the glass, and doesn't really draw your attention away from the interior.

This is from the outside, looking in at the catch which completely hides behind the pull when looking from the front.

Closed

Open

Subdillydubed :cheer:

HEY! Welcome! Grab a beanbag, plop it wherever. I just made some fresh squeezed lemonade, and there's some fresh funnyfudge, or caramel potcorn if ya like. Or there's some pita and fixins over on the table, help yourself- I grew everything veggie over there.

This may take a while to get the plants goin', so I'm making a show of the vivarium in the meantime. Hope ya like, stay as long as you wish. Glad you're here!

This tracking update has been requested by:

Company Name:Blue Planet Nutrients
Name:Corey Stover
In transit

Latest Activity
- 2/28/2013 - Thursday - 10:13 am
Departed FedEx locationNORTH SALT LAKE, UT
Estimated delivery: Fri 3/01/2013

ITEMS ORDERED:

ItemDescriptionQtyItem Total
Root Magic Mycorrhizae Biologicrmb71US $14.95
Liquid Seaweed .3-.2-1 (quart)2LSqrt1US $8.00