JBC's Mystery Seed - Stealth Grow - DIY Veg Box - New Ways

Re: JBC's Mystery Seed, Stealth Grow, DIY Veg box, New ways

LOL bro I love the stacked up video cases, I did the same but with PS3 game cases, I love the set up, Less is more in my book, I used 6, 32 watt 5000k sunshine floro bulbs and a dual window fan in my bedroom closet, I have no flowering bulbs so I am using what I have and running into no probs, Next grow i will use flower bulbs !, you can check it out if you want, My grow is going good, I just started reading your journal and had to point this out, I like it! Well im gonna keep reading for now, Feel free to browse my journal, not much of one but has some pics and good info!:thumb:

Easy Kieth1074,
Welcome aboard bro. Yeh that "less is more" works surprisingly good!! My girl is vegging just as fast as under a 250w 6700k, If it is slower im not noticing at all and all the nodes are still really close and its turning into a bush!! Its about twice the size of the last picture now. Dont have a camera anymore so keep borrowing one. I'll get pics up asap.

Yeh man I just had a skim through your journal, need more time to read. Them plants look really healthy man. Fluros great for veg and cfl ok for flower, but I will be using a HPS for flower. Maybe only a 250w hps to compare to the 250w cfl. :peace:

And wasnt laughing at you bro I was laughing at the fact someone else did it the same way as me! Yeah this has been great, I think I should up the wattage, because what I am noticing is a slow yeild, its going but not as fast as the rest of you guys, But I am learning off of everyone I read from in here, no matter if its their first grow of fiftieth, Hey and while I have ya here, I am at 7.5 ph soil wise, I flushed a week or so ago and dont want to do it again, Im about 3.5 weeks into flower Im using 7 drops of shultz feed 10-15-10 every quart and fed them last week, should I just go with the flow? I have a few lower fan leaves yellowing and on a couple plants it looks like a bit of browning spots here and there,I know the yellowing could be just old fan leaves falling off as flowering goes and a possible N problem but the feed should supply it with the N its needs? so I was putting the yellowing and browing in association to the high PH as well what do you think. sorry if i was a bit all over the place!

your not from my neck of the woods by any slight chance are you, using words like easy to welcome people, hmmm possibly where not a million miles away,

haha EASY!!

LOL bro I love the stacked up video cases, I did the same but with PS3 game cases

And wasnt laughing at you bro I was laughing at the fact someone else did it the same way as me!

I know you weren't mate no worries. Them old videos got to be used for something.

It looks like the food you using for flower is a veg feed as it has high N which you don't need during flower. Try using a flower chem with more PK. The yellowing will be a N deff as old pan leaves don't just die. It may be due to the flush as the soil will be quite dry of nutes. But also your pH is high. Add some pure lemon juice to your feed to lower the pH, that's how I keep my feeds at 5.8, but if your using soil you want to aim at 6.3 range. Here's a pH chart showing what nutes are available at different pH's.

user17219_pic14203_1233853343.gif

your not from my neck of the woods by any slight chance are you, using words like easy to welcome people, hmmm possibly where not a million miles away,

Haha maybe more like a few billion, i'm at the end of our solar system bro, check my location LOL.:thumb:

I got so many video boxes I should build a grow shed out of them :)

Haha maybe more like a few billion, i'm at the end of our solar system bro, check my location LOL.:thumb:

I'll skip the Uranus jokes..... :tokin:

The grow looks good, by the way.
:peace:

Cheers Potmonkey bro!!

All is going great, still not took no new pics but will this weekend. I got my 60w 2700k through the post to put in the veg room with a e27 splitter i got. But when I put it in the temp went to 30C so I had to take it out.

I wanted it in there so I could do some auto's in there, but with that heat I'd have same prob you just had monkeychimp.

But for now, all is good and flowering tent coming in next week, I may use the 250wCFL 2700 and the 60w CFl for flower till I upgrade to a HPS.

Old picture to keep this a bit more interesting haha,

DSC_04951.JPG

One of my first Girls under a 50w Halogen hahaha believe lol!!

More pics of her coz I got to use a DSLR at the time and she cool for a wardrobe halogen disco light grow back in the DZay

DSC_0494.JPG
DSC_0491.JPG
DSC_04791.JPG

didnt think you could grow using halogen thought it produced to much of the wrong color spectrum, if thats the case and you managed to flower using halogen then chances are these plants will grow and flower with pretty much any light source,
im only saying due to reading loads of post that halogens cant be used, but you got the proof they can

interstng

how about a 70watt son light, would these be any good for flowering with, not sure if its high pressure or not its just listed under floodlights as 70watt son bulb, can get them for about 20quid for the light and bulb,

Easy don.p,
I wouldnt recommend using halogen as they get really hot and cause the plant to stretch loads!!
I only used it because its all I had at the time. Just thought you might like the results.

great results using halogen, never thought it was possible after all i av read, clearly it does work, makes me wonder what else is false that im reading

Update Day 26 Veg

All going good, new 65w 2700k bulb came, made veg rooma bit hot so just going to use it for a hanger for the flower tent. Here she is anyway, pre-flowers came through just too small to see any pistels yet.

P10102131.JPG
P1010216.JPG
P10102141.JPG
P10102151.JPG
P10102171.JPG
P1010218.JPG

plants are looking really healthy mate, i managed to find some 6500k bulbs today, toolstation do sell them, their not listed under the cfl bulb section, you need to look in the outdoor light section and they have a security light that has a cfl bulb in it, well theirs 2 but one bulb is a 4 pin push in bulb thats 56watt cfl 6500k, but when i was reading about the other security light it said a part number for replacement bulb and it listed it as c/w 23watt cfl, so i wrote the number down and took it to the desk and i looked and it isd 23watt 6500k cfl, so perfect for veg stage, only problem is its screw fit but you can either get an adaptor to convert bayonet to es or you can be a bit dodgy like me and get the soldering iron out and solder the live and earth wire onto the bulb, its ok as long as you dont forget and go to move it when its on, its only temp measure though till i can pick up some more bayonet to screw in type bulb, but it does the job and got more light in the veg room, so alls good,

your plants look really healthy a nice colour as well, what nutes u using, bpn or something else

Looking great!

Don, same here man "Tulip" swore by 6.0 pH in his DWC, however this doesn't allow Mn or Ca to be readily absorbed... Also i know people that grew efficient household plants with incandescents, which are also "not growable" lights. But i think JBC hit it on the head with they work in his case with halogens however they aren't as efficient.

Thanks don and albotross,

Im using Canna a+b nutes for veg and Advanced nutes, sensi bloom pH perfect for flower.
Yeah the 6500k are great for veg, they keep the plants really bushy! The household incandacent and a halogen are about 3000-4000k, the same as the house CFL's you get. Most aren't 2700k don, ive used them before and they do work a bit in flower as the halogen did, but during veg they make the plants stretch loads as it's not seeing the right spectrum of light so continually stretches to find it. Stick to the right specs and its fine.

Yeah man thanks Taylor mate!!
Happy 420 everyone!!!!!!!!111
Congrats on harvest man, looks like some chronic bud!!
Sorry not updated for a while, didnt have a camera and it was still vegging slowly under the small lights. Here's a picture I took a week ago, would of put it on sooner but been really busy with work and too tired when I get in. But today is 420 so here is the little girl. Also got some good pictures stashed away, I'l show when complete ;)

P10102212.JPG

hi mate, all my house cfls have warm white 2700kelvin written on them, i have purchased 3 x 30watt 2700 k cfls and put them in the flower room as i have now put my big bud and northern lights cross big bud fem into flower as they have bushed out loads and im concerned about light penetration, their about 10nches tall so their into flower at the minute, im using just 2700k bulbs as they are suppose to promte some stretch and the 6500k bulbs promote leaf growth so ill see how the 2700k bulbs go over the next few days then ill add 1 or 2 6500k bulbs in their for the extra light spectrum

Easy DonP,

Yeah if they 2700 warm white then yeah they'l be good for flower. I'd just throw the 6500 in as well if your not vegging any more, Throw all the bulbs you can in without causing heat problems.

thanks Happykitty for sorting out my post. Dont think I put the picture on right. How do you do it now its changed so it doesnt need editing in the future?:peace:

Back
Top Bottom