Jon's Dedicated Fruity Pebble Cookies Grow Plus The Mystery Plant

Right.
I'm going to get shit for this but I laugh at soil.
I wouldn't touch it ever again if I wasn't growing outside.
It's just too much work outside to run coco.
Otherwise growing in coco is great to watch.
Ever day you can measure the growth.
And omg the guessing with soil is a nightmare.
Should I water ? Should I feed ? Should I flush ? Does she need more of this or more of that?
Why put yourself through that.
Especially for beginners yeiks those poor guys.
Come out the door with a bag of fox farms thinking everything is going to be great then they end up here with their hair on fire.
Beating themselves on the head with a YouTube video trying to put it out. :rofl:
Now thats funny.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley: sorry red neck comedy on 24hr lol.
But I feel for these poor guys spend a fortune and get fek all.
Coco feed feed feed oh yeah feed some more.:morenutes:
It's simple and I have total control.
With the microbes and fungi it's just a pleasure to watch them just explode.
Well I better shut up hehe
Talk soon I imagine.
I'm going out to check on my mini split.:woohoo:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Bill LETTING IT FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thanks:

how can I keep her IN flower and NOT revegging, staying in the same location?
You would have to figure out some way of light dep - perhaps cover her in the early morning or evening (when it’s shady where she’s located). If it stays cool, a little lack of ventilation may be tolerated.

You would have to figure out some way of light dep - perhaps cover her in the early morning or evening (when it’s shady where she’s located). If it stays cool, a little lack of ventilation may be tolerated.
That's what I came up with too. I could put her inside with a fan in a dark closet in the closed off guest room every night for 12 hours, but I'd have to dig her up and put her in a pot. The fun is to see what happens right where she is. Lol. I might be able to construct something from cardboard that would work. Hmm.... Wouldn't have to be very big would it? Lol.

TITAN
Lower Ring Bud Stacking Picture

Not too bad considering their ppfd is 400-500 points lower than the mains.

Titan lower ring bud stacking.jpg

Hey @Bill284 and @Azimuth, here's a few follow up pictures to cap off our discussion about not watering the coco and prayer angle and such. I took these right after 2 pm. The final picture captures all undersides of the rogues on Fulvia and looks otherworldly or glowing or something.

This is basically saying, thanks for ending that stupid experiment and don't do it again.

PA 1.jpg

PA 2.jpg

PA 3.jpg

Hope you have a great day Mucker. :thumb:
Good people have good friends. :green_heart:
Here I'm psychic this is a pic of his reaction :jawdropper:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bill
He stayed for like three hours and took off. You were pretty much right on. The best part was the smoking. Ryan fancies himself a veteran smoker. Talks about how big of bong hits he can do and such with frequency.

I gave him one average sized bong hit of Apple Blossom and one averaged sized bong hit of Slurricane and he waved the white flag.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rookies.

Wouldn't have to be very big would it?

Make sure that the cover is big enough to accommodate stretch!
It will be a labor of love - you can’t miss covering her a single day for 10 weeks or more.

Make sure that the cover is big enough to accommodate stretch!
It will be a labor of love - you can’t miss covering her a single day for 10 weeks or more.
Lol. I know how correct you are @FelipeBlu - at which point the question morphs once again and finally becomes crystal clear:

Do I feel like dealing with that bullshit?

:rofl:

Lucky Catch

I didn't notice earlier on the fan that there is a small green light that appears above whichever power level you have the fan set at, 1, 2, or 3. It's way dim, and would likely cause no issues. I have a lost scrog from a dehumidifier in a similar position under the plants with a similar light on it in my past, some of you may remember. Therefore we will OF COURSE not take a chance, and I produced yet another free, home materials solution, not that this one is tough for anyone. I liked the simplicity and elegance of this one though.

Band-aids!

Fan cover.jpg

Hey @Jon! Go Jack & Titan! Don't listen to your dad, you're real pot plants too:rofl:

I'm still wondering how those seeds end up in your dump pile? Mostly cause I still have the 1st SB seed in soil, it's now been about 2 weeks, and I'm wondering if there's still a chance it could sprout.

The Mimosa Lemon auto that I topped is looking great. She's under the BestVA light at about 18" with veg and flower both on. Her twin colas are starting to develop nicely and she's budding all over. When I first used the BestVA lights I was bringing the plants outside every day and had constant cal-mag problems and the girls looked burnt, which I didn't exactly blame on the lights but it made me leery of them. Now it looks like I have 3 more BestVA lights sitting upstairs that work just fine. Hmmmmm....

How much longer until the big move?

I hope you reminded Ryan that the Steelers are looking at last place in the division and have a great day!

Bill LETTING IT FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thanks:
Mini split and heat pump are in. :thumb:
Went well.
I got some great news today I'm bursting to tell you but it's a bit in the distance and I don't want to jinx it but fekkkkkk.
Anyway the sun is shinning snow melted.
And I have seeds soaking. :woohoo:
Have a great night. ;)

Edit: just saw the new pics. No harm done visually.
We don't know what happened where all the important action is.
Problem absolutely nothing.
But long term?? did you see those Gorilla Glue I left alone?
I can find a pic if you want.

Bill

Hey @Jon! Go Jack & Titan! Don't listen to your dad, you're real pot plants too:rofl:

I'm still wondering how those seeds end up in your dump pile? Mostly cause I still have the 1st SB seed in soil, it's now been about 2 weeks, and I'm wondering if there's still a chance it could sprout.

The Mimosa Lemon auto that I topped is looking great. She's under the BestVA light at about 18" with veg and flower both on. Her twin colas are starting to develop nicely and she's budding all over. When I first used the BestVA lights I was bringing the plants outside every day and had constant cal-mag problems and the girls looked burnt, which I didn't exactly blame on the lights but it made me leery of them. Now it looks like I have 3 more BestVA lights sitting upstairs that work just fine. Hmmmmm....

How much longer until the big move?

I hope you reminded Ryan that the Steelers are looking at last place in the division and have a great day!
Hey @BubbaKush909! Lol. I never said Titan wasn't a real plant. Heh. And that Jack is going to produce maybe 3 to 4 ounces of one of my favorite ever strains. Believe me, as much fun as I have ragging on her, there's a reason she's in the five vs. the three and she's the one in the tent instead of under the blurple. Lol.

Sorry, forgot to get to that the other night I guess. I had that full scrog that went hermie a while back you may remember. That generated a ton of seeds I'll never plant or give away unless someone wanted bag seed specifically for some odd reason that were created by hermied plants. Ugh. Anyway, generally I tossed them away in my trash can, but they end up everywhere, in every little crack in the floor or in the daily sweep out of the garage floor or in a hermie branch I got pissed at and tossed in that pile, etc...So there are various seeds in there from that scrog and from the couple branches of hermie seeds from the last outdoor grow. That's how they end up in the pile, I don't intentionally plant them there ever. The reason I believe it's the Spud Bud (ask @Azimuth, lol) is because I believe the old scrog seeds in that pile are too old and would have come up by now. That means it would have to be a seed from the Pineapple Upside Down Cake that went hermie on some of it's branches when it got pollinated by the hermied Strawberry Banana or the Dos Si Dos auto, same thing. So when I put it in the pot we all thought it was an auto when it started to flower at about a month old. Nope. Photo. Went into reveg when it hit the tent at 24/0. As a photo it had to be the PUC seed, which is technically a hybrid of Pineapple Upside Down Cake X Strawberry Banana. Thus, Strawberry Pineapple Upside Down Banana Cake, ie, SPUD BUD. Lmao.

Very happy to hear the topping worked out with the ML as well as using red and blue. Good stuff man. Post a pic?

Mini split and heat pump are in. :thumb:
Went well.
I got some great news today I'm bursting to tell you but it's a bit in the distance and I don't want to jinx it but fekkkkkk.
Anyway thecsun is shinning snow melted.
And I have seeds soaking. :woohoo:
Have a great night. ;)

Bill
Ah...building the tension eh? Lol.

What seeds, what seeds!!!!???

YAY.

He's back ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah...building the tension eh? Lol.

What seeds, what seeds!!!!???

YAY.

He's back ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woohoo :woohoo:
I haven't started the thread yet though.

20220425_095948.jpg

20220425_095833.jpg

Bill

Any brand or model recommendations?
I use a 2-piece Dr. Meter LX1330B.
This is her left side post defoliation.
LOL!
There are many things I accept as truths, either due to actual hard science, my own repeated observation of the same thing, or testing of potential bro science as in this case. If anyone had shown me or I found a scientific paper telling me why you should not let them dry I likely would not have done this. But all I've ever heard was don't do it. My thought was, coco, soil, or any non-hydro medium it's got to benefit the roots once in a while to dry all the way out. We already know it's good to do in soil. Why not coco? Anyway, you're right, no negative impact whatsoever and now I can not have to revisit that thought anymore. Yay.
The folks who make CannaCoco say:
"One of the biggest issues with coco is watering practices. Coco is a sponge, and like a sponge, when squeezed water comes out, but not all the water. The sponge will remain damp and coco can still appear wet without having enough available water to give to the plant. Constantly watering coco results in over-watering. When using coco, there is a need to water at a minimum of 50% dry. Sometimes 70% dry might be better especially during the first weeks, when most roots are formed. After all, the roots also need oxygen and where there is water there is no air.

"There is an eas[y] and cheap way to determine the amount of water available to your plants. Determine plant available water weight by thoroughly watering a container with plant and coco and weighing it after drain. Allow the plants to dry down until they reach wilt point and weigh again. The difference in weight is the available plant water. When 50 - 70% of this amount is used from the container, it is time to apply water again. It is never good to wilt a plant but an experimental plant might be in order. If plain water is used on established coco, the buffer will be upset and the next issue surface."

Source

You heard "don't do it" because the scientists who study and manufacture it said so!

Also, coco is hydro, which is why you need to pH your water.
What I'm thinking about is the light cycle with respect to flowering and what may happen here. When the MP was outside and went to flower, the natural light cycle was 12/12 or less, maybe 11/13. Pre solstice. Therefore (I now know, lol) she went to flower naturally when the plant decided it was mature enough. Well, the light cycle now here is not even really 13/11 yet.

What I'm wondering is if this plant may just decide to go into flower soon, as she is close to the same point in maturity as the MP was when she turned.

That would frankly be awesome. I'm also thinking she may go to flower then reveg by herself as the light cycle changes. That would be not so cool, I'd have to just leave her for the new owners when I moved. Lol.

Any thoughts?
I'm going to disagree with Felipe on this one. Your plant should grow like any natural Spring-born cannabis seed and flower with the sun in Summer. It knows that every day there is more daylight than the day before. And on June 22nd it will slowly begin to realize the reverse is true.

If cannabis plants that sprout in spring flowered early because there are less than 14 hours of daylight then, it would mean that every wild flowering cannabis plant would be a reveg by fall.

Woohoo :woohoo:
I haven't started the thread yet though.

20220425_095948.jpg

20220425_095833.jpg

Bill
Thanks for the sneak peek! Zkittlez is quite popular apparently these days. Lots of sponsor seeds here. Awesome. CANNOT WAIT!!!

I use a 2-piece Dr. Meter LX1330B.

LOL!

The folks who make CannaCoco say:
"One of the biggest issues with coco is watering practices. Coco is a sponge, and like a sponge, when squeezed water comes out, but not all the water. The sponge will remain damp and coco can still appear wet without having enough available water to give to the plant. Constantly watering coco results in over-watering. When using coco, there is a need to water at a minimum of 50% dry. Sometimes 70% dry might be better especially during the first weeks, when most roots are formed. After all, the roots also need oxygen and where there is water there is no air.

"There is an eas[y] and cheap way to determine the amount of water available to your plants. Determine plant available water weight by thoroughly watering a container with plant and coco and weighing it after drain. Allow the plants to dry down until they reach wilt point and weigh again. The difference in weight is the available plant water. When 50 - 70% of this amount is used from the container, it is time to apply water again. It is never good to wilt a plant but an experimental plant might be in order. If plain water is used on established coco, the buffer will be upset and the next issue surface."

Source

You heard "don't do it" because the scientists who study and manufacture it said so!

Also, coco is hydro, which is why you need to pH your water.

I'm going to disagree with Felipe on this one. Your plant should grow like any natural Spring-born cannabis seed and flower with the sun in Summer. It knows that every day there is more daylight than the day before. And on June 22nd it will slowly begin to realize the reverse is true.

If cannabis plants that sprout in spring flowered early because there are less than 14 hours of daylight then, it would mean that every wild flowering cannabis plant would be a reveg by fall.
WOW thanks so much for this Shed! THAT I can wrap my head around. It's very true that it appears to not need watering when in fact it does, I've noticed that on this grow. Very awesome info, thanks. I do Ph by the way, to 5.8 every time. Lol on weighing the pots. Least at this point.

So you agree with him that if I were to completely cover the plant in darkness every single day after 12 hours of light and removed the cover after 12 hours of darkness it would flower, yes?

That's exactly how I flip my plants all year! Only I move mine inside of course. :)
Of course! Somehow you've developed a better method than a big cardboard box sealed with duct tape, which is my only option here if I want to not move the plant. Lmao. You would need some BIG ASS boxes.

Back
Top Bottom