Journey 2: CBD Lemon Potion Auto & WW Auto

I've never tried coco. I tried Promix for one watering and gave up. I quit easily. It's me, I know, as others have great success grow after grow like Shed and Dutch.

I considered using this Dark Matter organic soil again as well. Without any experience with MC, how well would a pre-fertilized organic super soil would play with nutrient additions at every watering?

I've been in ProMix HP since January, which doesn't sound like very long except it's been about 13 harvests! I don't see any reason to grow in anything else.

I've read good things about promix HP and it seems like it would go well with a Mega Crop grow. HP is treated a lot like coco I assume?

If I understand it correctly super soil wouldn't need MC. I think you want to feed it microbes and stuff organically. I don't know really since I have no experience with super soil.

You're right, which is basically what this whole grow has been. I've actually enjoyed it but I also get bored quick and really like to try new things. First round was coco/perlite and dry organic ammendments, this round very organic super soil and next round MC with something new. @InTheShed still making me want to try ProMix HP :D

I don't treat it like coco. I don't pH my nutes per the manufacturer's recommendation, and I water only when the pot is light, like soil.

It's going to take me some reading later to wrap my head around that thread :)

MC and ProMix HP play very well together, in my opinion. That is my entire grow! No pH, no PPM meters. Weigh, mix, and pour. Easy.

That's what I like to hear, simplicity. The MC alone was very appealing but if it goes that well with the ProMix HP without the fuss of ph etc. I'm sold. Like always, I've got a lot of reading to do lol. You're saying I won't really have to worry about my PH with a tap water PH of 7.5?

It's going to take me some reading later to wrap my head around that thread
You really only need to read the first post. The rest of it is a lot of people pontificating ;). It's the alkalinity of the water and the type of nitrogen in the nutes that matter to the pH of the substrate. The pH of the nute water is irrelevant.
You're saying I won't really have to worry about my PH with a tap water PH of 7.5?
Really and truly. That's where my tap water is.

MC and ProMix HP play very well together, in my opinion. That is my entire grow! No pH, no PPM meters. Weigh, mix, and pour. Easy.
I agree 100%
MegaCrop is fantastic in promix!! I also love running promix and I also agree that any additives to the MegaCrop V2 is not needed. Other than an added calmag possibly but as Sauga mentioned watch the “N” load!!

I'm sold on the ProMix HP and MC grow, thanks again fellas :thumb:

Here's a lights out shot from this morning (day 52). I've been trimming dead/dying leaves off the WW in the left front, despite the issues I'm still hopeful I can get more time with it. In the last couple days the back untrained WW has started to swell up, it would be nice to get another 3ish weeks on that one. The front LPA is just beautiful, in the bud shape/size as well as smell. I absolutely love the smell of these Lemon Potions. It's like a smooth citrus but more like sweet fresh mango. The back LPA isn't really packing on weight and by the looks of it is just kind of foxtailing. It never had the same pistil production as the other plant but also had more swollen and visible calyxes, definitely less dense in comparison to the other.

So much better looking than either mine or BeezLuiz's LPAs!

Thank you for the kind words! I had seen Beez's first and second LPA's while cruising the in progress journals but hadn't come across yours. I just went hunting for it and have been scrolling through the high 600's pages of your journal haha. I wish I had of spread out the healthiest LPA to get a little more light penetration but it's still carrying on nicely as is. The entire plant is only 10" tall but it's pretty full of buds. From what I've read they don't yield all that high but it's been a fun strain to grow and if the smell is any indication of the smoke, I know it's going to be a favourite of mine. Looking forward to trying it soon.

Following along, better late than never ;)

Glad to have you on board :)

I just went hunting for it and have been scrolling through the high 600's pages of your journal
My LPa at harvest!
full

It was going to be a spog® but I decided to lay it flat to see if I could encourage some lower branching. All I encouraged was bud rot! I don't think it likes my high RH environment. The Brooklyn Sunrise autos don't either.

My LPa at harvest!
full

It was going to be a spog® but I decided to lay it flat to see if I could encourage some lower branching. All I encouraged was bud rot! I don't think it likes my high RH environment. The Brooklyn Sunrise autos don't either.

Sorry to hear about that LPA! Sure gave you a lot of trouble. I literally was just quoting the post in your thread when you harvested it and found more mold. Great timing lol!

If mine keeps swelling for a couple more weeks I'll be ecstatic :D

Wow, I'm glad you mentioned that video. It brought me to your latest journal. Sorry for missing the beginning but I'll get caught up by tonight.
That's the same way I got here! :laughtwo: Actually I visited briefly a while back and then forgot to click the "Watch" button. Oh well, better late than never.
So much better looking than either mine or BeezLuiz's LPAs!
Agreed! Your LPAs look fantastic. Did you top or train them at all? Mine were both untrained, and mostly grew a single main cola.
From what I've read they don't yield all that high but it's been a fun strain to grow and if the smell is any indication of the smoke, I know it's going to be a favourite of mine. Looking forward to trying it soon.
My first one only yielded 29 grams, but the 2nd one gave me 80 grams. We're really enjoying the smoke of LPA here at the BeezLuiz compound. :ganjamon:

Haha yes better late than never, welcome aboard! Yours were beautiful plants, especially that second with now much it yielded. The outdoor ones look real neat with how dense the leaves get.

I started LST after a few weeks. I had intended to top all these autos but wasn't sure if I'd have enough time so I just bent them over and spread them out a bit. Probably not as much as I would have liked but it did the trick, especially on the shorter more dense one.

80g is wild, if I get an ounce each I'll be pleased! :D

Oh you will be seeing a decent yield buddy. You're gonna need to share!:passitleft:
It looks like you topped them . I just assumed you did. They are looking good.

You'll definitely be sampling these strains, I look forward to trying some of your outdoor monsters too :D. Harvest time is coming up soon, just not soon enough eh? :high-five: :bongrip:

If I pop another LPA next round of autos with a few zkittlez I'll definitely top it as early as I can and see how much I can push it. I'll be more comfortable with that once I've got a stash built up lol.

Back
Top Bottom