Going Green With JCTJ: Perpetual Autos With A Photo Here & There

She's a beauty. How do you keep it hidden from the ISS?
What a Monster!!!

Thanks fellas, hope the weather pans out this fall to let this girl finish properly!

In other news. The critical mass autos indoor aren't doing so hot. Two majorly stunted and the one that's doing fairly well has had what I believe are spider mites.

Leaf spots

Bottom side with little round eggs

Assuming that's what they are, should I put some neem oil on order?

In other news, I yanked the Spog ® Pink Kush CBD today. It went for a bath and hung to dry.

Cute spog®!

I'd start with 70% iso mixed 1:9 with water if they have pistils. Neem or castille soap spray if they don't. Every three days.

No pistils yet, I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say I possibly brought them in with my LST rock. Nothing on the other plants yet, just the one so I want to hit it quick.

Thank you for the quick response! :thanks:

Little update on a few plants.

The 3 Critical Mass autos have all been nothing but problems with two completely stunted. I've culled those two and the remaining other plant is isn't doing all that hot - but better than the first two. It was also the one with a few spider mites, which have now been taken care of. I've soaked and planted a blueberry auto, northern lights auto and another sweet seeds mystery auto as replacements.

Today I was heading outside to harvest one of the mystery plants and found it to be heavily infested. Eggs and bugs everywhere! Not so sure I want to even try to wash/spray it to trim and then bring in the house to dry...

some cropped shots

MV5BMWY2NzIxZDAtMTEwNS00NzZjLTgxYzUtZjgzODZiYjUyY2M4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI0Mjg2NzE@._V1_.jpg

Time for another update. The plot thickens...

To give a little back story, I have run Pro Mix HP and Mega Crop through various indoor and outdoor grows. When it came time to get back to indoor this summer, I needed some more promix and purchased another bale.

I've had my fair share of learning experiences the last couple years across various grow mediums and nutrient brands. A few pages back I was gifted 3 Critical Mass auto seeds that had already been soaked and were ready to go. After a strong and healthy start in solo cups (didn't have my tent set up nor did I have fresh promix), they were transplanted into their final pots and put in the grow tent. This is where the issues started to arise (4 weeks ago) and still plague my grow to this day.

The initial transplant wasn't the smoothest. Combined with the likelihood of what seemed like over watering in a big pot, the plants developed major yellowing. To date, most of the seeds I have grown have been autoflowers that were germinated directly in the medium. I'd say at this point I'm fairly accustomed to managing water/feeding with a bunch of successful grows. Or so I thought lol!

Post #236

full

By day 17, Post #253 the yellowing had mostly subsided and growth seemed a little more on track. However, it was at this point that I noticed a couple of the ladies lacking that "verdant green" as we've come to know it :D. MC feedings are and have been on nearly the identical track I have used for all my indoor/outdoor plants.

full

Shortly after, my impatience got the best of me and I threw down some LST moves on these three... Probably one of the biggest mistakes I made was starting LST while they were already visibly stressed. I ended up successfully stunting two of the three to the point that they were just fading away and stopped growing. The last I had hope for and despite continued growth and LST, she never really got anywhere - nor has she showed pre flower pistils after all this time. (as of current date)

During all of this, I decided to pop a 4th seed and chose to germinate one of my favourite Lemon Potion autos. Germination and overall grown in the first 18 days was great! Green, healthy and had just popped pre flower pistils. She was gaining height pretty quickly so I decided to get her bent over and spread out. This is when I really took notice (again) to the bright yellow stains coming through on the newest growth. Just a couple days after it became apparent I had yet another issue on my hands.

My light is running at 150W at 27", temps are 76-78F with lights on running on 18/6 as per usual. Ever since the initial issue on the critical mass plants after transplant, I have been vigilant with my watering practices. The LPa is only just up to 3g/gal of MC this week.

The two critical mass that were the worst off were culled. It's been over 5 1/2 weeks since germinating them and the only reason I have not pulled the 3rd is because I quite frankly have nothing to lose in seeing what comes of it. Here is a shot of the fading and discoloured leaves.

I've written off the Critical Mass autos... no big deal, seeds are replaceable. Now that I'm running into issues with my Lemon Potion, I'd really like to get a grasp on what I could possibly be doing wrong at this point. The only difference from this grow and my previous indoor/outdoor grows using the same medium/nutrients is the fresh bale of promix. I'm not blaming it specifically, just trying to learn and understand for the future. I have a couple fresh seedlings started and I'm officially getting worried now :nervous-guy: o_O

Here is a mystery sprout! It's actually not from my stash of Sweet Seeds mystery autos, but a Northern Lights auto and a Blueberry auto that got mixed up. One was a dud and one made it with a dead coty, along with an actual SS mystery.

Can you get a slurry test done on the pots you are having issues with? I definitely see some Ca def happening but there's more going on than just that which is why I think you need to get a slurry test done.

I've never done a slurry test before, is it just a matter of taking a sample of the medium and mixing water to check ph?

Back
Top Bottom