420 Magazine Background

JustMeds R & D

JustMeds

Well-Known Member
The WW is the other half's favorite at night, it tends to get me wired up a bit.

I have kept them alive is all. They have not thrived but I sure learned some things along that road. The SIP bucket is a modified idea I got from Shiggity. I think the bubble'r in the bottom will help with keeping the liquid fresh. I also removed the large O-ring from the bucket lid and slide it up the bucket from bottom and taped it in place. When set in other bucket it seals up nice and tight. That then forces the fresh O2 air up through the soil to help the roots, my theory. It only took 1 week before I had a root 8 inches long hanging out the bottom of the wick cup in the center.
 

JustMeds

Well-Known Member

JustMeds

Well-Known Member
Now we are getting some in flower today. We got clones from them that lived. Sure them old moms will be glad to get out of that 1 year old soil. Shows the toughness of these plants when you look at them today.
 

DobeWan

Well-Known Member
What got me interested in your journal in the first place, JM, was your tinkering... but I'm with Scrog, that photo hurts to look at. You almost need to post up another pic of your current plants to cleanse the palate.
 

JustMeds

Well-Known Member

JustMeds

Well-Known Member
Soil I am using is 2nd run. Cooked 6 weeks. When I started prying on the root balls of them old gals it was very fragile. There was a layer of white roots in the top 1/3 of the root balls. The Durban got a normal transplant (Scored roots, applied Doc Buds Roots and in the hole). Then after looking at all them dead roots in the bottom 2/3 of that root ball on the Afghani I gave it a twist and it came right off. So I applied some Roots powder and in the pot it went. The Diesel Moonshine was tall coming in, so to the very bottom of the pot it went. I also remove the bottom 2/3 of its root ball. Whats going to happen stay tuned. We will be finding out. They all got water in with some Transplant Drench. Flower is on hold for the Afghani and Diesel Moon shine for a couple days I think. Durban and White Widow are flipping tomorrow.

Old spice shaker works perfect for applying roots.









 

dajerm119

Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2019
Oh man, she's gonna love that treatment! Watch her go!
Nice idea about the spice shaker! I kinda just wish the Roots! didn't come in such a weird long skinny bag... hard to get your hand in there to get some out. If it were more like a sandwich bag it would be a lot better!
 

JustMeds

Well-Known Member
Going to be short on roots for these gals in flower I think. Its funny cause today the Durban (did not get its root ball chopped down to a 1/3) is the droopiest of the 3.

 

JustMeds

Well-Known Member
The White Widow in the bucket is doing great. I know I was putting her into flower a few days ago. That did not happen, today is her first day of flower. Wish her well.


 

JustMeds

Well-Known Member
I seen where @bobrown14 had posted his Barley Tea recipe a while back. I should have paid attention to quantity's needed. Went back and plagiarized it after I picked up 15lbs of Malted Barley. I have enough Barley to start a brewery. :19: I added some kelp to the tea. It is brewing now. Here is the recipe I used for this batch let me know what you think of it.

Barley Tea:
1 oz malted barley ground very fine
1 handful of worm castings
2 Tbs of Kelp Meal
4 gallons filtered water

Aerate in bucket for 24 hours.


 

JustMeds

Well-Known Member
Top Bottom