Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

Everyone is showing alternating nodes and stigmas at 57 days of veg so I flipped the light schedule. We’re at 12/12. It’s about to get dicey. 2 out of 4 plants are already close to their max height. However, with the drip irrigation installed I can get more plant mass into the space, so I may be able to do some bending if needed.

Here are the drip heads and connectors I bought. The fittings are for pneumatics but are acceptable for drip irrigation. The plastic is non food grade so the water isn’t technically potable which is fine for indoor irrigation. I could’ve bought the RO fittings but I liked these better so we’ll see. If I ever have to certify something then I’ll bother with higher grade.

My fingers and hands are absurdly sore still. I want to be able to make rapid changes and I just can’t do it with the barbed connectors. From here on out I will only install irrigation systems with quick connectors. It’s not worth the time and annoyance for a few dollars savings. For 12$ I got 40 connectors. I’m sure I could hunt down even better deals if I had a plan and part list but I’m still working out the kinks.

IMG_8442.jpeg

IMG_8441.jpeg

Thanks! I already have a bunch of changes I want to make which I knew would happen as soon as I laid it down. I also need to read a lot more on fluid dynamics so I can understand water flow a bit better. I battled a siphon issue I didn’t need to battle since my emitters come out higher than my pump. That’s what I get for testing it in a space that wasn’t my grow.

I’m currently doing check and feed while I feel out the timing. I’m thinking standardizing my flowering pots will make it easier. Trying to run enough water for 10 gallons while not flooding the 3 gallons is a bit tricky.
Hehe sorry I forgot to mention that part. I drained a hundred litre tote into my flood tray 1st go🤣.

The reason I ended up with the main lines circumventing the pot edges with the emitters pointing in, the opposite of yours, was so on some I could connect 2 emitters that pointed at each other, with a line, turning 4 heads into 2 that drip, and 2 connected by a line negating their drips.

I may need a little more fine control than I currently have to make it happen. It’ll probably take a couple months to get to full automation if I insist on using different pot sizes.
It's all over the map until stretch ends and their water requirements become the same every day. I don't turn mine on until flipped to flower. Then start chasing.

Hehe sorry I forgot to mention that part. I drained a hundred litre tote into my flood tray 1st go🤣.

The reason I ended up with the main lines circumventing the pot edges with the emitters pointing in, the opposite of yours, was so on some I could connect 2 emitters that pointed at each other, with a line, turning 4 heads into 2 that drip, and 2 connected by a line negating their drips.

It's all over the map until stretch ends and their water requirements become the same every day. I don't turn mine on until flipped to flower. Then start chasing.

It’s a much more involved process running it indoors. Outdoors, I turn it on when it hasn’t rained in a few days and I turn it off. In the containers, indoors, I have to pay attention to just how much is coming out, where it’s coming out, what areas are covered, what size container I’m in, how old the plants are, etc. Capillary action seems to be more effective vertically than horizontally as well. I’ll be spending a bunch of time with the containers and irrigation to find the best setup for my room.

24 hours after flip, everyone is lighting up. It’s most likely from my light intensity being turned up. The plants are getting considerably more light penetration and coverage so this will probably bleed into stretch

IMG_8446.jpeg

IMG_8445.jpeg

I know we need the rain since we had almost no snow this winter but I’m already tired of it. Young me had no issues back to back to backing rain days. Old me is sore, cold, and tired of being wet. It may finally be time to break down and buy rain gear.

kinda the same here. real mixed bag coming into spring. we have some rain and snow mixed today. no one can get into the garden to do anything. we need the rain though, there are already 40 out of control forest fires. this yr is shaping up terrible already.

They’re already making a break for the light. Everyone put on an inch minimum and leaves are already beginning to twist into the stem. Perhaps dropping my light on hours 2 weeks prior helped smooth the transition. We’ll see, I’m still skeptical of anything other than the intensity change

IMG_8452.jpeg

IMG_8451.jpeg

Nice work Keff, they look really happy. That tall chick...😍😍😍

They’re all much larger coming into this bloom than last run. I think transplanting into the 2 gallons last run was a mistake. I should’ve just gone from solos to 1 gallons. Even the Blue Thais are bigger and more aggressive. I’ve used less light this run as well. I kept it at 25% for most of veg.

I think from now on I’ll be running the one gallons for most of veg then flip the bloom containers. Everyone seemed to have reacted much better.

Or, the other possibility is, my soil was too fertile last run. I’ve kept the plants hungrier this run and they’ve given me monster root growth. Last run, they were dark, shiny, and colorful for most of the grow but were considerably smaller in their roots.

They’re all much larger coming into this bloom than last run. I think transplanting into the 2 gallons last run was a mistake. I should’ve just gone from solos to 1 gallons. Even the Blue Thais are bigger and more aggressive. I’ve used less light this run as well. I kept it at 25% for most of veg.

I think from now on I’ll be running the one gallons for most of veg then flip the bloom containers. Everyone seemed to have reacted much better.

Or, the other possibility is, my soil was too fertile last run. I’ve kept the plants hungrier this run and they’ve given me monster root growth. Last run, they were dark, shiny, and colorful for most of the grow but were considerably smaller in their roots.
check your logs. Was the room colder last grow? Either way, they look awesome👊

Girls are lookin good are you saying larger containers gave you smaler plants?

Sort of. I believe that the roots did not fill the 2 gallon containers as completely as the 1 gallons did. I think it’s going to be because I did not give them enough time to fill out the larger container before transplanting into their bloom containers. The plants themselves were decent size but their root systems were smaller.

check your logs. Was the room colder last grow? Either way, they look awesome👊

I thought the same so I checked. I launched the last run on July 16th so temperature was around the same except I didn’t have to use a heater then like I did this grow.

It also could be that last run was the first run in the new soil mix. This is the second run in that mix. The soil may have just become much more in tune with the plants.

Sort of. I believe that the roots did not fill the 2 gallon containers as completely as the 1 gallons did. I think it’s going to be because I did not give them enough time to fill out the larger container before transplanting into their bloom containers. The plants themselves were decent size but their root systems were smaller.
That is my experience also

We’re in trouble already and stretch hasn’t even fired fully yet. That white bar is 4 feet high, it means two feet left until I hit the light.
IMG_8454.jpeg

We’re about to watch me bend some plants over.

Alright so after looking at @Preston9mm plants which are about 2 weeks ahead of mine, they’re going to stretch a lot. I may have to remove the white poles and use a 5x5 area. I will bend the large plants over, about in half, and use a couple plant yo-yos to secure them to the floor. I’m going to do it slowly, and easily, and hopefully they’ll just bend.

I will keep the manifold and quad under the light as much as possible and bend the others to fill the space like Tetris. Thankfully my light is rated to flower a 5x5 area so there shouldn’t be much issue pushing the boundaries a bit.

What is everyone’s preferred method and ratio (ozs to butter etc.) for making butter? I’ve got 6 ozs I won’t smoke that I want to turn into butter

Back
Top Bottom