Kush DWC grow

Re: LabRat's latest Kush DWC grow.

lmao i wanna smoke some of what your smokin bro, you're a really funny dude lol :popcorn:

Thanx I guess. I was always the class clown and if I wasn't so stuck with family obligations I might take the show on the road. The girl turns 18 next April and there may be a huge change around here when that happens. I need to get back to the west coast and get my lines tight around some big honkin' salmon and Steelhead.

It's been rough living up here so far away from my family and all the things I love. I gave my troth to my woman and her daughter in '99 and will not chase my dreams until the girl is an adult. It's not hell, just not the heaven I want my life to be.

MJ keeps me closer to heaven than any amount of money or fame could ever do. The peace that swallows my soul after a big hit of my own product is truly heaven on my earth.

I truly believe that we create our own heaven or hell while we are alive. When we die it all fades to black.

We are just beasts with minds that let us see further than than those same beasts that we consume. Thus we aspire to be better than beasts only because we have some self awareness.

Too bad that we have to keep being beasts and killing each other like beasts.

Seems like our self-awareness is as short sighted as those we elect to represent us that keeps us in bondage to warring with each other over things like what kind of heaven do we aspire to and what kind of hell can I send you to.

In a few hundred years it will all be moot. We will be extinct or all be little brown babies and religious wars will long be shadows in history e-books.

I can't decide if I would want to be born well before my time or re-born in the future. I guess I just have to make do with the times I reside in now. Great times they are for sure. Since 1954 I've seen more stuff than any generation before me. Some is wonderful and some is scary. I doubt that I would have lived 'till 55 if I were born in 1854.

The rheumatic fever I caught when I was twelve would have killed me then without penicillin. Polio or smallpox would have likely terminated me while I was sick with the rheumatic fever as my immune system was shot all to hell.

I've been blessed by never having lost a child or sibling. My dad passed in '86 but my mom is still rockin' at 83. Dogs have come and gone but such is the nature of beasts.
They should be loved while alive but should not be held in the same esteem as a human. To spend huge amounts of money to keep Fluffy alive for another year is taking food from your family. A lead sleeping pill costs about a buck.

It's curious that we can dispatch an animal when their pain messes with enjoyment of life but must witness the agonies of the humans we love so that they might go to God.

I'll pull my own plug when the time is ripe thank you very much.

Sorry to be so maudlin but such is the life of the class clown.

:peace:

U Lost Me

In a few hundred years it will all be moot. We will be extinct or all be little brown babies...

Your last post might have made a decent blog entry. I do have a question, can u clarify the quote? U lost me with the red portion.

Re: U Lost Me

Your last post might have made a decent blog entry. I do have a question, can u clarify the quote? U lost me with the red portion.

The quote to which you refer can be attributed to me.

It alludes to the fact that interbreeding will some day eliminate racial prejudice. What are you going to cast as a racial slur when we are all little brown babies.

I'm a WASP. Fish belly white all over except for the freckles. My sons are card carrying MicMacs as are my grandsons.

The big hurdle is religious prejudice. Even little brown babies can kill about Gods.

It sucks big time but it's the truth.

"The truth CAN set you free!" Martin Luther King

I hope that helped.

A little. Just trying to understand ur thought process and rationale. Think I kinda see where ur goin with it. U should consider cut and pasting the post into your blog section. It can be an on going discussion w/out thread jacking ur journal. Thanks for the explanation.

I've never got into blogging. I guess I toss some home grown philosophy in with my home grown ...

Good advice tho. My mind does tend to wander and a blog may be the best place to let-er rip!

:peace: and + reps to you.

Thanks for the reps. About the thread jacking comment, I was referring to myself. I do realize that when the potential for intelligent/philosophical conversation is present, at times I can get carried away. I don't want to detract attention from ur grow. I just wanted to clear that up. Keep up the good work LR.

hello again LABRAT, the plants look great and the roots couldnt be whiter. you should consider writing a book, you could be the next hunter thompson. i dig the philosophy... reading that post felt like one of the intense acid trips i used to go on.

Thanks for the reps. About the thread jacking comment, I was referring to myself. I do realize that when the potential for intelligent/philosophical conversation is present, at times I can get carried away. I don't want to detract attention from ur grow. I just wanted to clear that up. Keep up the good work LR.

You and me both my brother. I'm totally carried away 9 times out of ten with a +/- potential of 5 being right on. :0)

If anyone hijacked my thread it was me. Any and all comments are welcome good or bad.

Now Back to Ur Grow

I had a couple questions and a concern. Which Kush strain is this exactly? Being that ur growing from seed, do u have any idea what ur plants are about to do to each other over the next 2-4 weeks packed in at such close quaters? I've seen 4 in a tub and they were (as close as plants get to) fighting for light. U my friend are in for a ride and it looks like me and DroJo are takin turns ridin shotgun with PitViper and Flurple in the back gettin chauffeured with big ass VVSs all over a fish bowl sized goblet (full of bud) like two big prop 215 pimps.

hello again LABRAT, the plants look great and the roots couldnt be whiter. you should consider writing a book, you could be the next hunter thompson. i dig the philosophy... reading that post felt like one of the intense acid trips i used to go on.

Hey Flurple! How's it hanging. The book is in the works and there's going to be many chapters dealing with growin'.

Unlike HST I don't plan on ending my days with my gray matter splattered all over the ceiling. Maybe at the bottom of the lake with fly rod in hand but with any luck that is many years in my future.

As to acid trips ... four years of my life are only remembered thanks to flash backs. The last time I got real was after my first year chem sci in 1988 at the ripe old age of 33. Blew the f**k out my physics final but still passed! lol

I'd do it again in a New York minute. I only had two or three bad trips out of 1500 or so. They weren't even that bad if you don't mind cartoon life for a couple of days.

MJ is my trip of choice these days and many a good trip it's been. In fact it's a good trip right now.

My last grow was the first with these Kush seeds and I so much love the buzz that this grow is dedicated to getting a great mother or two and crossing them with the sativas that get me too head rushy.

I seem to have fallen in love with the blues since the purple flowers have come into my life. I may just have another go at learning the guitar.

Now that the Kush has taken away the spasms my fingers may be able to hold a chord.

Life's a trip, and it's up to us all as individuals to decide what kind of trip our life will be.

I think I shall take the good trip thank you very much.

Re: Now Back to Ur Grow

I had a couple questions and a concern. Which Kush strain is this exactly? Being that ur growing from seed, do u have any idea what ur plants are about to do to each other over the next 2-4 weeks packed in at such close quaters? I've seen 4 in a tub and they were (as close as plants get to) fighting for light. U my friend are in for a ride and it looks like me and DroJo are takin turns ridin shotgun with PitViper and Flurple in the back gettin chauffeured with big ass VVSs all over a fish bowl sized goblet (full of bud) like two big prop 215 pimps.

I'm not sure of the strain exactly but the first batch got me eight girls out of nine seeds. Two each in 5" pots and one for organic.

They won't be fighting for light as I can throw 3100 watts of HID at them if I want to. Add 20 4' fluorescents and ten CFLs and I'm pretty sure we could have a midnight Rose Bowl game if we liked football! lolololol :0)

Thanks for ridin' shotgun over here. This stage to Dodge can use all the deputies it can carry.

I'm using my last eight years of DWC grows and over thirty years of growing experience to run this grow. You could do a lot worse than betting on this horse.

She may not win or maybe even not show but my money says she'll damn sure place!

I wish I hadn't lost the pics from my last grow. The biggest girl (I'm smokin' her right now), had a 15" cola when trimmed and dry.

This time I'm going for a SOG and expect to lose up to half as males but expect to lose no more than six out of thirty three if the previous grow is any indication.

I just bumped their nutes up to 750PPM from 400 and will kick them up to 1000 in a few more days. Two weeks after 12/12 they'll be up to 1500.

pH is 5.5 - 6.0, nute temp 72F and dropping.

I'll scoot downstairs and get a fresh pic . . .

TubDay8-1.jpg

Just getting their boots in the stirrups and will be twice that size in a week I swear to any god you want.

It's gonna be a fun ride 4 sure!

I'm not sure of the strain exactly but the first batch got me eight girls out of nine seeds. Two each in 5" pots and one for organic.

They won't be fighting for light as I can throw 3100 watts of HID at them if I want to. Add 20 4' fluorescents and ten CFLs and I'm pretty sure we could have a midnight Rose Bowl game if we liked football! lolololol :0)

Thanks for ridin' shotgun over here. This stage to Dodge can use all the deputies it can carry.

I'm using my last eight years of DWC grows and over thirty years of growing experience to run this grow. You could do a lot worse than betting on this horse.

She may not win or maybe even not show but my money says she'll damn sure place!

I wish I hadn't lost the pics from my last grow. The biggest girl (I'm smokin' her right now), had a 15" cola when trimmed and dry.

This time I'm going for a SOG and expect to lose up to half as males but expect to lose no more than six out of thirty three if the previous grow is any indication.

I just bumped their nutes up to 750PPM from 400 and will kick them up to 1000 in a few more days. Two weeks after 12/12 they'll be up to 1500.

pH is 5.5 - 6.0, nute temp 72F and dropping.

I'll scoot downstairs and get a fresh pic . . .

TubDay8-1.jpg

Just getting their boots in the stirrups and will be twice that size in a week I swear to any god you want.

It's gonna be a fun ride 4 sure!

Im subscribed :ganjamon:
no matter what happens with this grow, its definitly going to be amusing, entertaining & enlightening.
:popcorn:
Any water pumps in your tubs, or do your 12"s do the job?

Im subscribed :ganjamon:
no matter what happens with this grow, its definitly going to be amusing, entertaining & enlightening.
:popcorn:
Any water pumps in your tubs, or do your 12"s do the job?

Educating as well with any luck. :0)

Just the 12" airstones. The water looks like it's boiling and the air pump is on 24/7 so I see no need for any kind of water pump.

I've always run my grows on the KISS principle.

Keep It Simple Stupid!

Not that I'm implying that you are stupid, just if I can make it easy for a stupid person it will be even easier for the rest of us.

I think my method is easy enough for the dimmest bulbs on the Xmas tree so that we all will have a wonderful New year. Check out my pic library for my Xmas card. Print and fold for your 420 friends this Xmas.

The original is a 3 meg .bmp and too big to fit in the 420 photo gallery. If you want the original PM me and give me a location to upload it. I might need some time 'cause dial-up only gives me 33.6 kbs upload speed. Not kBs but kbs. 4.2 kBs

How f'n prehistoric is that!

That's what I got and I've worked around it for 22 years.

Helps me make excuses for being a crappy FaceBook dad. Sorry kids, I keep losing my connection with long downloads. Call me, I have free long distance. Not free, but Telus gives me 8000 min/month for $19.99 just 'cause I'm stuck with dial-up. Any day/anytime in North America.

They claim it would cost them over a million dollars to upgrade me and six other customers but that's OK as my needs are not great and my privacy is paramount.

Another rambling rant from yours truly.

:peace: every where you look!

No doubt educational indeed. I'm looking to try my hand at a DWC setup soon. I'll warn u now, I am extremely inquisitive and have very minimal hydro knowledge. Hope that doesn't bother you, especially after u laid out ur credentials.
They claim it would cost them over a million dollars to upgrade me and six other customers but that's OK as my needs are not great and my privacy is paramount.
Now about the million dollar upgrade for 7 people. Are u shittin me? U must live directly in the center of a glacier, on an island. Like the polar bear and penguin mecca of Canada. And all 7 of u are like 100 miles apart. What do they have to do launch a new satellite for you all's service?

Well LabRat I will be with you to the end of this one:popcorn:

I like your out look on life. Sounds like we have allot of the same experiences as we have waded through the years. This is our one and only chance might as well have at it. I don't think I will have any regrets when its over. I have lived my life as I wanted to or at least bent things my way.

As far as journals go....do as you see fit. I do. 420 asked me once if I was bothered by someone hijacking my journal, someone had complained to them.
I was surprised as hell. What hijacking? I was enjoying what was going on. If I thought things were wrong I would stop it. Don't need no help.

Its more fun wide open anyway. This is sposed to be fun. Why bother if its not?
You qualify to join the old Fart's club anytime. Love your set up and maybe I'll try your kind of grow. If I can get off my butt long enough. :peace:

Well LabRat I will be with you to the end of this one:popcorn:

I like your out look on life. Sounds like we have allot of the same experiences as we have waded through the years. This is our one and only chance might as well have at it. I don't think I will have any regrets when its over. I have lived my life as I wanted to or at least bent things my way.

As far as journals go....do as you see fit. I do. 420 asked me once if I was bothered by someone hijacking my journal, someone had complained to them.
I was surprised as hell. What hijacking? I was enjoying what was going on. If I thought things were wrong I would stop it. Don't need no help.

Its more fun wide open anyway. This is sposed to be fun. Why bother if its not?
You qualify to join the old Fart's club anytime. Love your set up and maybe I'll try your kind of grow. If I can get off my butt long enough. :peace:

I too feel that we are like souls.

Beyond that the phone co has to rip up miles of old cable to get me some high-speed. My $26.95/ month for dial-up doesn't equate to a high speed upgrade in corporate dollar speak.

Thus I carry on as I always have.

My method is so cheap to start off with. You can use smaller tubs and smaller lights in a little grow closet if you want to. The nutes are the secret. Balancing the pH and PPM for the nutes is so easy with good products.

I think it's OK to mention my favorite products here.

Advanced Nutrients 3 part from eight years ago and Dr. Hornby BigBud from a year later.

I barely ever check the pH as once the nutes are running good the pH stays where I want it. That really fits in with my KISS principle about growing my favorite herb.

My last grow was abused, ignored and not treated with any respect at all. I still got almost a pound off it.

I was running the rails of a serious depression at the time and still wonder how I got what I got.

I'm not asking for any sympathy here. If you've never rode the roller coaster of chronic depression you will never know the pain or the pleasure.

I guess I'm kind of in the pleasure mode as I'm happy with my grow and feeling fine with all my deputies.

We're gonna get this grow into the Long Branch come hell or high water Miss Kitty! Come'on Festus get off your crippled old ass and help Marshall Dillion catch the bad guys!!!!

Yee Haw!

I never had to shoot the bad guy yet but that squirrel was coming right at me and left me no choice!

Made a nice stew as well.

right on LABRAT, i prefer MJ for the most part as well. it takes a lot out of you runnin your brain at 1000% all day long. i need to be prepared anymore, cant just do it on a whim. and oh boy the stories.... i know what you mean when you say cartoon life... sometimes they arent exactly the kiddy version cartoon either...

ive never had a scary trip but definitely a few i would classify as difficult... like the time when someone got wierd from taking too much and we all had to take turns babysitting him all night while they cry and laugh, and piss their pants... wow it was crazy, oh yeah and then they started stripping their cloths off. there is more but i will save it for a PM lol...

i had not indulged for about 2 years (back probs and depression) but it felt great, nice and clean and all the memories flooded back... overall i felt great, it wasnt my first time babysitting so i wasnt worried about his brain being permanently fried or anything, you just gotta wait for em to snap out of it. it also might have helped that i took 2 doses and everyone else was on 4-10. as my attorney would say (if i had one)... "you took too much, too much".

No doubt educational indeed. I'm looking to try my hand at a DWC setup soon. I'll warn u now, I am extremely inquisitive and have very minimal hydro knowledge. Hope that doesn't bother you, especially after u laid out ur credentials.

Now about the million dollar upgrade for 7 people. Are u shittin me? U must live directly in the center of a glacier, on an island. Like the polar bear and penguin mecca of Canada. And all 7 of u are like 100 miles apart. What do they have to do launch a new satellite for you all's service?

Not that serious but they have to replace about 10 miles of main trunk line. I can't even get a second phone line much less hi-speed. lol

I'm way the f**k out in the boonies here and that makes it easier to do what I like to do. Grow, smoke, shoot magpies out my shop window, grow, smoke shoot muskrats in my dugout, grow, smoke and hang out at 420 chillin' with you peeps. :0)

Back
Top Bottom