Kush DWC grow

Re: LabRat's latest Kush DWC grow.

G'day mate, Had another hot one today and cooling the airpump didn't really drop temps that much. I'm now worried that maybe I haven't got a big enough airpump. It's a twin outlet pump feeding 3 air stones. I put the frozen bricks straight in the tub and it dropped to a half reasonable temp. I think maybe a bigger airpump is in order.:peace:

Cmon now, LabRat, you don't know how they skew those graphs? Its easy with relative terms like "relative energy"

If the "relative energy" axis of those graphs were calibrated to a conventional scale and it was something like "measured output" the hps' spike would double trouble that CMH graph.

G'day me old china.You're spot on mate. It means "sweet as a nut","all good", "she's apples", "no wuckin forries", "going off (like a brides nightie)(like a frog in a sock)(like a bucket o prawns in the sun). If something is "going off" it's very good. As in
"today the surf was 6-8ft and goin off" or "my plants are goin off". Here's a couple for you. If somebody is tellin a tall story they're "spinnin a bit of a yarn". If somebody were to persistently whine or carry on about something you may say"c'mon mate fair suck o the sauce bottle"
Don't worry,you guys will get the hang of it.:rofl:

:rofl:

+Reps - I tried

High Groover. What size aquarium is your pump rated for and what size air stones? I'm using a couple of dual outlet 30Gal pumps each running two 12" stones. Damn stones are expensive too but I figured out how to cheap out on that.

I don't know if they sell it down there but here we can get this hose made from ground up old tires that sweats the water out in little drops. For my dugout we have an air pump in the basement that feeds through a 1/2" hose underground to the dugout. When I bought the place there was no stone on the end so it didn't do much good and the water was stinky once the dugout froze over. Killed all the carp in there too when it froze real hard. Anyway I bought a 50' length of it for $15 and attached it to the end of the 1/2" hose in the dugout. I had to weigh it down with scrap metal and it works like a hot-damn. Keeps the ice open for it's length and the water hardly smells at all. Been in there for five years and still works fine.

I've been wanting to use them in the tubs but didn't know how to keep them on the bottom but an idea popped in my head today. I'm going to get some short lengths of SS aircraft cable and attach one the length of a piece of hose that fits the tub all the way around the bottom. About 3'. I'll try a couple of different sizes of cable to see how big I need to hold it on the bottom. You could make 15 out of one 50' hose for a buck each. Another 3-$5 for a fitting and a plug and a "stone" that would last for years. You could make it any length you want for various sized reservoirs. They make millions of little champagne bubbles too. Going to town tomorrow so I may just pick up parts.

Going to bed now.

C'ya

:peace:

Hey LabRat, I think it,s called capillary hose. Im using things called flexible air curtains which are pretty similar. They're about 3/8 dia and 12 in in length.
They are basically rubber hose with lots of pin holes. They have a lead wire about 3/16 dia down the centre of the tube. I use aquarium suction cups(30 cents ea) to hold em in place. My airpump runs 2 into 1 at the pump end then into a 3 way manifold I attached to the outside of the tub.That sends it out to the 3 stones. It's a 5.5L/min pump.

Hey LabRat, just checking in. I loved the latest set o pics. The milky trichomes look great. Gonna be awesome. That beer can pic is seriously cool. Anyways, loving the thread, learning a lot from you guys. Great info about the CMH as well. Thanks for the link its good info. I can't wait to see them in play. Also sounds like an awesome spectrum for photography!! YAY. Too bad they don't work with digital as of yet.

L8ER

I like the info on CMH's. I've just been looking at Sunpulse pulse start MH's for digital ballasts. They also make HPMH's which are supposedly good for both veg & flower. Heres a linkSun Pulse - Home
Be sure to let me know your analytical thoughts.:grinjoint::peace:

Thanks Groo (ver)-(ster) (insert ending where appropriate) +Rep for the both of ya!

Thought I'd post some pics but it's hard to come up with interesting stuff when you're sitting around waiting for the end of times. lol

I added a second wick to my molotov cocktail/CO2 generator and it works OK. With the third 400W light off the room temp stays a nice 82-85F and the exhaust fan only kicks in once in a while as the humidity goes up. I got tired of trying to figure out the actual CO2 output but I'm pretty sure it puts out a helpful amount.

Lousy soldering job but I'm trying not to wreck the seal on the lid with too much heat.
New_dual_burner_for_CO2.jpg

FLAME ON!
FlameOnInTheGrowRoom03.jpg

A better pic of the beer can cola. Sans beer can.

Beer_can_baby01.jpg

And a close up the same cola.

BeerCanBaby_closeup11.jpg

Here's a crappy group shot of the unchanged tub. The one that has the beer can cola.

Part_of_the_unchanged_tub.jpg

That bad leaf problem that I kinda thought might be Ca deficiency is now positively diagnosed as powdery mildew. It is still confined to two plants in the changed tub and seems to be no threat to the others. I elect to leave well enough alone and chop those bad girls out first.

BadLeafTop001.jpg

That's about it for now. Oh yeah my little KaliMist babies are responding well to the extra nutes and are almost two inches tall now. I'm going to put them in bigger pots soon and expect them to pick up the pace.

C'ya all L8r.

*wipes a tendon of drool away*

+Reps if I could for a great description!

LR your plants are smokin' hot! Sexy. I always wish I had something to contribute to your journal, but I'm sorry to say its pretty much a one way flow of information from you to me.

:thanks:
:rollit:

+Reps if I could for a great description!

LR your plants are smokin' hot! Sexy. I always wish I had something to contribute to your journal, but I'm sorry to say its pretty much a one way flow of information from you to me.

:thanks:
:rollit:

Get a grip! I'm totally impressed with your grow and you contribute a lot more than you think. Not just to me but the whole 420 community. :cheer:

This whole freakin' place seems to me to be like some sort of weird utopia that just gets better by the minute. I can't believe the positive vibes that abound here. The admins, mods and creator of this site have built IMO the model that all other cannabis forums should strive to be.

Everyone from the total nOOb that can barely type a coherent sentence to the far out genetic breeding threads by the likes of The Butcher are the glue that holds this place together. The friendship and respect given and received is the duct tape that wraps it all up! Red Green would be proud!:rofl:

I need a toke. :bong:

Everyone from the total nOOb that can barely type a coherent sentence to the far out genetic breeding threads by the likes of The Butcher are the glue that holds this place together. The friendship and respect given and received is the duct tape that wraps it all up! Red Green would be proud!:rofl:

I need a toke. :bong:

i couldn't have said it better myself!

And a close up the same cola.
BeerCanBaby_closeup11.jpg
I think I'm in love. That is a very nice picture.:yikes:

...I can't believe the positive vibes that abound here. The admins, mods and creator of this site have built IMO the model that all other cannabis forums should strive to be....[snip]...Everyone from the total nOOb that can barely type a coherent sentence to the far out genetic breeding threads by the likes of The Butcher are the glue that holds this place together.
:amen:Amen and pass the bowl. Very well said.:slide:

Much respect for your growing and innovating skills.:peace:

Hi LabRat That cola is just plain old beautiful.:ganjamon:
Your a big part of 420 yourself Buddy. In a short time your a reference many people quote. People Vote for LABRAT for Member of the Month!

You heard the OldMedMan
VOTE LABRAT MEMBER OF THE MONTH JAN 2010

LET'S HIT 100 VOTES PEOPLE. BE SURE TO VOTE Voting starts Feb1.
Nice cola LR :goodjob::peace:

G'day me old china. Thats a damn fine cola. You never told me if you thought I've got enough air going into my tub. It's 5.5Litres per minute. I think I'm gonna pick up a 20litre/min pump just to be sure. What do you think. I put a 200mm bathroom exhaust fan in the new space. I'll get the plants in tomorrow morning.:grinjoint::peace:

G'day me old china. Thats a damn fine cola. You never told me if you thought I've got enough air going into my tub. It's 5.5Litres per minute. I think I'm gonna pick up a 20litre/min pump just to be sure. What do you think. I put a 200mm bathroom exhaust fan in the new space. I'll get the plants in tomorrow morning.:grinjoint::peace:

I'm not sure what to tell you Groover. My #1 air pump is a Maxima-R rated for a 30USG aquarium and rocks two 12" airstones. Says it's 2.5 psi output if that helps. It was a few years ago that I tested the output from a single Elite pump and it was at least 5L/min. Now I'm curious and will have to test my Maxima. Damn your inquisitive mind! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom