Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

You know what I've realized? I have found my people! Science, tech, gardening, building hacks, office supplies, critical thinking skills needed, ..........

Didn't know learning to grow one plant could bring so many cool people together.

re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Lights

Just found out I have a problem.:helpsmilie:

I need to leave town on an unexpected trip. Ugh! I'm not setup for any automation yet, and coco needs to be watered daily since it is really hydro. Is there a way to setup something inexpensively that could give a little water and nutes to the babes for the slightly over 48 hours of my absence?

Wicking system comes to mind. Do you think I could just add some extra nute solution to the tray that I use for runoff?

Maybe rig up a wick system

Great minds think alike! You must have been posting while I was editing. :)

Got it! Tiki torch replacement wicks are available everywhere right now. :slide: I'll grab some of those before I have to leave.

I'd like to join in.:thumb: Sweetsue has a Journal on swick systems.

I'd like to join in.:thumb: Sweetsue has a Journal on swick systems.

:welcome: Thanks for the tip. Off to check it out.

Dynamo1, that was a great read. :thumb:

SWICK System - Letting the plant water itself

This is the perfect solution for what I need right now: not complicated, expensive, or time consuming. There is some extra aquarium gravel in storage that I'll use just so I don't have to buy anything else right now, which I'll be sure to disinfect first. And since my plants are already in a runoff container, all I have to do is add the gravel. Perlite would be better, but I think I can get away with gravel for just a couple of days. Love it when things work out like this.

Basic Wick system setup with materials on hand. :blushsmile:

Day 8V
Repurposed aquarium gravel
glass baking dish - so I can see water level

Not sure I would suggest a glass container for a long-term wick system, but I think this will do well enough for a couple of days.

IMG_373813.JPG
IMG_373712.JPG
IMG_373910.JPG

Also of note for Day 8 - there is an odor when rubbing the leaves. Things are moving in the right direction!

Also of note for Day 8 - there is an odor when rubbing the leaves. Things are moving in the right direction!
Odor= wonderful scent of joyful happiness. I knew what you meant.

Gauge

Re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Ligh

Hi, this looks interesting so I'm going to tag along for the ride

Regarding holiday automation, I used a cheap mechanical setup from autopot when I went away for a week. It has a simple float valve that allows the tray to fully empty and then re-fills it 20mm deep. There's info on their site here.

Re: Lady Antheia's First Grow - MMJ In Coco - Candida, Blue Dream CBD & Northern Ligh

Regarding holiday automation, I used a cheap mechanical setup from autopot when I went away for a week. It has a simple float valve that allows the tray to fully empty and then re-fills it 20mm deep. There's info on their site here.

Welcome!

Thanks for the automation tip. Yeah, I'm going to have to think through this and come up with a game plan. This won't be the last time I need to be away from home for a while. Gasp, what if I want to take a vacation?!

I have done some research and i agree with Caconym. Auto Pots are a good choice based only what i have researched and read. I would use Coco and Pearlite with osmocote+ which fertilizes for 3 months. They are basically auto watering Hempy pots. Temperatures would be your only worry. as long as you can keep your water mass temp below 70ish your good to go.I know some growers have gone higher and been ok but as a safe rule of thumb is below 70F. Oh yeah and don't let it run out of water.

Gauge

About leaving the plants for 48hs.... I did it and nothing happened. Not ideal, but it's not the end of the world.
I know they say coco has to be watered daily.
Actually I've read and heard all sorts. For sure don't let it dry out. But I guess that depends on the humidity of the place you have your plants.
In our case, our plants were not watered in 48 hs a couple of times, and nothing bad happened.
If you have an automated system in place, perfect.
We are actually looking into ways of automating the watering.
I may do some proper hydroponic next, looks easier than coco to be honest (yes....I hate the watering). Actually I hate the watering of a super flat plant, I have to be very careful not to drop a lot of water in the leaves.

Your plants look great by the way. Great job! keep it up.

Your plants look great by the way. Great job! keep it up.

:thanks:

I think I'm coming around to the idea of automated hydro being easier, too. Hand watering seems very simple - until you have to do it multiple times a day. But I am loving the coco and fabric pots for outdoor containers.

Cheesy side note: I miss my plants. Ready to get home and see them.

Got home and made a bee-line for my babies. :) They seem perfectly content with this weekend's setup. Although, I notice that only two of them really stretched their roots to get to the water in the dish. The other two have tiny bits poking out of the bottom of the pots, but it's virtually the same as when I left them.

I'll grab some pics and upload soon. The leaves are looking great!

Day 10V

60% RH
75 Temp

All seems to be well. There is some bruising on a leaf for Northern Lights #1. In my excitement to take pics, I grabbed the pan in haste and didn't realize the leaf was being pinched in my hand. :straightface: Roots are coming out of all four pots.

IMG_376815.jpg

IMG_377113.JPG
IMG_377219.jpg
IMG_377315.jpg
IMG_377415.jpg
IMG_377515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom