Lady Cannafan Shrooming Midwest Grow Kits & Spore Genetics - APE, Blue Meanie & More

These are after the 2nd dunk a few days later. The two with only a couple shrooms are Tidal Wave, the rest are Blue Meanies. Maybe I didn't inject enough of the spores on those Tidal wave substrate jars, although they were completely covered with mycelium. I'm going to leave those alone a few days and see what comes up. ;-)

Those Blue Meanies are a really pretty shroom 🤘

These are after the 2nd dunk a few days later. The two with only a couple shrooms are Tidal Wave, the rest are Blue Meanies. Maybe I didn't inject enough of the spores on those Tidal wave substrate jars, although they were completely covered with mycelium. I'm going to leave those alone a few days and see what comes up. ;-)

🤩 Wow 🤩 you can have your whole neighborhood skipping down the yellow brick 🧱 road. CL🍀👍

Lol cannot wait CL 🤘

Are you still down in Florida? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a snow covered pic on one of your comments lol
No snow ❄️ in the sunshine state that I know of and I’m in Chicago if there was. Besides I know where multiple cow pastures are located and could pick some after every rainy day. CL🍀

My supplies all arrived last night. Now I need to find my buckets that have lids and I'm set to start.
I'm wondering, can the All In One Bag contents be broken up and added to this substrate?
And, excuse the unknown here, but how are you testing for "field capacity"?
Please watch the videos I recommended in that Dm. He has 2 good videos. One on making the substrate and checking for field capacity. Second how to innoculate the substrate with grain spawn.

Please watch the videos I recommended in that Dm. He has 2 good videos. One on making the substrate and checking for field capacity. Second how to innoculate the substrate with grain spawn.
Its easy....you squeeze the substrate in your hand as hard as you can. You only want a drop or two of water coming out of the handful of substrate. More than that is too much water.

I finally have an answer on how much of the spore solution to use for the 4 lb. All In One bags. It does not say on the instruction sheets that come with the bag, and I have asked in several places. I just found this on Midwest Grow Kits site:

"Using our bags is simple: inject 5cc of your spores or liquid culture, wait 15-25 days for colonization, then break up the colonized grain and shake the bag. Once the bag re-colonizes, your mushrooms will start growing..."

So, I think I used a bit less than that on my bags, but I'm still getting the Mycelium growth.
For those who were thinking to inject the entire 10 CC's, save your spores. Only use 5 CC's per bag.

I did three 1CC shots into my AIO, @Lady Cannafan. Injected 1CC, moved the needle without extracting it, shot another CC, moved needle again without extraction, shot a final CC. Inoculated a larger area to speed colonization with less. Yet to see any growth but it's only been 4 days. LC jars are going nutz so something must be happening in the bags too.

I did three 1CC shots into my AIO, @Lady Cannafan. Injected 1CC, moved the needle without extracting it, shot another CC, moved needle again without extraction, shot a final CC. Inoculated a larger area to speed colonization with less. Yet to see any growth but it's only been 4 days. LC jars are going nutz so something must be happening in the bags too.
I did pretty much the same with mine, I think I used 3 cc-ish in one and overshot 5 cc in another. I have three bags going right now. I think I saw the first growth in mine around day 10.
Before you know it, everyone is going to be dancing in fields of shrooms. 😆

I did pretty much the same with mine, I think I used 3 cc-ish in one and overshot 5 cc in another. I have three bags going right now. I think I saw the first growth in mine around day 10.
Before you know it, everyone is going to be dancing in fields of shrooms. 😆
Lol. Fields of Gold by Sting except it’s Fields of Golden Teachers

Update:
I left the shrooms overnight hoping they would get bigger before plucking. Most of them had opened wide to flat tops this morning. I plucked them a bit ago.
How can I get them to grow taller and fatter.....more beef....before opening up?
I'll have a pic later. Some of the tops were very dark color.
Not sure.....my golden teacher flushes are experiencing the same symptoms.

Could be the spores.
I think you are right. Just did a little researching. Because they were fully open, they probably released the spores which swirl around with the air and land on the tops of the other shrooms. It's like soot.
So, I need to be sure I pick them before they fully open like that. I've read that the potency of the shrooms decreases after they've released their spores. True?
I got 2.6 oz. on the flush this morning. Undried.

I think you are right. Just did a little researching. Because they were fully open, they probably released the spores which swirl around with the air and land on the tops of the other shrooms. It's like soot.
So, I need to be sure I pick them before they fully open like that. I've read that the potency of the shrooms decreases after they've released their spores. True?
I got 2.6 oz. on the flush this morning. Undried.
Yes supposedly they lose potency after dropping the spores. I always try and pickem right before the vail opens and the cap opens.

Back
Top Bottom