Lady Cannafan Shrooming Midwest Grow Kits & Spore Genetics - APE, Blue Meanie & More

With the great products grown from Midwest Grow Kits, and Spore Genetics, I have been able to make spore prints and my own spore syringes.
I did two syringes this morning using Blue Meanie Spore prints. Two more will be done today using Tidal Wave prints.

I had to make my own distilled water yesterday, the grocery delivery gave me "smart Water" with electrolytes instead of the Distilled water jug I had ordered. I don't know if that electrolytes process affects it or not, so I opted to make my own.
Everything was sterilized, including the shot glass for the liquid. I heated the needle and the e-xacto knife blade up before putting them into the SAB.
This went well. I had two small spore prints and used one for each syringe.
The spores were scraped off the aluminum foil into the shot glass. Then 10ml distilled water drawn into the needle, and dispersed into the shot glass. Then I drew it back into the syringe and out again a couple of times just to be sure all the spores made it in there.

I did get a little air bubble in both syringes, but they are small. You can see the spores in the end of the syringe in the last pic.
Later I will be doing transfers to agar plates, probably using some of the syringes from Spore Genetics. I have some of the Blue Meanie and Tidal Wave left in those.

Looks amazing in there

Nothing showing for AIO bag yet. It's day 9, so I have a few days to go in expectation of any signs of shrooms.
Today I am doing spore transfer to agar plates. The spores will be Tidal Wave.
I also have my own Agar made up and in the pressure cooker right now. That will be transferred to plastic condiment cups with lids that I had a ton of here.
That Philly Golden Teacher dude is awesome!

I'm getting mixed answers on this. Is it better to store the agar plates at room temperature or in the fridge?
I wound up making too much because I overshot the corn syrup when weighing things out. It worked out exactly double the batch. We'll see how many I wind up with, but I need to know what's the best way to store them.
I keep mine in the fridge

UPDATE Shroom Room: 12-8-23

I got a nice surprise this morning in the Ecosphere house. One of the All In One Bags has the first mushroom growing. :yahoo:
I will have to look later at what day this is from injection, but it seemed like years. LOL This is the one I forgot to label when doing the inoculation.

I dunked all of the cakes for the third time, and this time put them in a shoebox with perlite and put those in the Ecosphere as well. I have a few fruits right now, and I noticed that the fuzzy feet are not near as bad as they were my first time around. I think the humidity in the Ecosphere is controlled more than the monotub for this.

I also had broken up the cakes of APE that took forever in the first jars for mycelium, and integrated them into my homemade mix.
Mycelium started showing day before yesterday, so I'm hoping for success.

I have one shoebox with what appears to be a lot of cobwebbing. That was from an All In One bag that I had broken up and mixed with my substrate. I read that you can spritz it with Hydrogen Peroxide and if it's cobwebbing it will melt away. That's exactly what it did. So, I put that shoebox in the monotub in a different room and will keep watching it.

Thanks! Not sure what you mean by shake rattle and roll on the substrate jars? Do you mean time to dunk? 😆
If you shake the jar and break up the colonized grain and redistribute the colonized grain it will colonize the jar much quicker.

Welllll, everything is subject to change. 😆
I am going to be moving the Ecosphere 3.0 to a different room. I need the room it's in to veg 5 young plants when I flip the larger plants to 12/12 lighting in the next week.
A growers work is never done......
Shrooms, drying shrooms, flipping the girls to 12/12 and nursing clones..... Lady Cannafan you are correct. Its never done lol.

Back
Top Bottom