LA's Continuing Adventure Feat - Budmaster II LED & Oxygen Pot Systems - Ebb & Flow!

Re: LA's Continuing Adventure Feat: Budmaster II LED & Oxygen Pot Systems - Ebb & Flo

Renegade, Molasses is something Ive used in soil as its good for some micro biology. Its also used in some teas. You should only use the Blackstrap stuff. I used 1 tablespoon per gallon and just used warm water at start to dissolve it before diluting further.
Its an ok thing to use sparingly, its just there seems to be a lot of people using it to much in my opinion. Hope that helps :)

Hidden buddy Im running a soil, coco and perlite mix this first run. Oxygen Pot Systems set up can run full soil all the way to full hydro. My mix will be high in coco and perlite giving the best draining soil mix I can get! :) just easier for me when I move house soon!
Then my run after this one is going to be full hydro with longer veg and bigger plants than ever before! :)!!! :)

Re: LA's Continuing Adventure Feat: Budmaster II LED & Oxygen Pot Systems - Ebb & Flo

Renegade, Molasses is something Ive used in soil as its good for some micro biology. Its also used in some teas. You should only use the Blackstrap stuff. I used 1 tablespoon per gallon and just used warm water at start to dissolve it before diluting further.
Its an ok thing to use sparingly, its just there seems to be a lot of people using it to much in my opinion. Hope that helps :)

Hidden buddy Im running a soil, coco and perlite mix this first run. Oxygen Pot Systems set up can run full soil all the way to full hydro. My mix will be high in coco and perlite giving the best draining soil mix I can get! :) just easier for me when I move house soon!
Then my run after this one is going to be full hydro with longer veg and bigger plants than ever before! :)!!! :)

Just read the first page again and its all there in the journal info...sorry for asking silly questions.
I'm trying to think of a way to start my flux in small pots and transfer to my bubble bucket pots when they get bigger....having trouble thinking of a way as I don't like the idea of going from soil to hydro...sounds very stressful!

Green Closet, yeah sorry un sulphered should be fine. Its just something to do with the process and whats either taken out or left in lol. I cant honestly remember the info now lol. Just Blackstrap is best is the only bit I retained :)

Hidden, id go with small pots filled with mini rockwool cubes like Capn style. Top feed to waste. Just have pots same size as your net pot or whatever your system has, sorry cant remember lol. Anyway all you would have to do is head em, strip non wanted growth and gently train the two points out. This can all be done really easily and giving you no fuss for transplant! :)

Green Closet, yeah sorry un sulphered should be fine. Its just something to do with the process and whats either taken out or left in lol. I cant honestly remember the info now lol. Just Blackstrap is best is the only bit I retained :)

Hidden, id go with small pots filled with mini rockwool cubes like Capn style. Top feed to waste. Just have pots same size as your net pot or whatever your system has, sorry cant remember lol. Anyway all you would have to do is head em, strip non wanted growth and gently train the two points out. This can all be done really easily and giving you no fuss for transplant! :)

I must confess to not understanding the reference "capn style"
But your explanation does make sense and I was thinking of just using pots the same size as my netpot.
I'm thinking too much about it, I may just scratch all my big plans, get 3 seeds and start from seed as that's what I know best.

Hope your having a great day mate

Sulfured molasses uses sulfur to process unripe sugar cane which is not really ready to be processed. Blackstrap is unsulfured. It also has a very nice amount of trace minerals as well as potassium, iron, and others. When you use too much as a soil drench, it can make the soil iron toxic if not flushed often enough. So I would not water with it more than once every two weeks. Superior to a drench are the sprays. That's another story for outdoor growing.

Hidden I would post you a link to the Capn, or try searching Captain? yet on my phone so cant. Also check S1ingblade and his grows out he has all the links and info on Capn style. The Capn is an awesome grower and blogger who has done loads for growing! Capn style just refers to his top feed hydro using mini rockwool cubes method! :)

GF thanks for that post :) Im terrible, I just retain the bare minimum of info on subjects, once I know something I tend to discard all non essential stuff lol. So I know what to do but have forgotten half of why I do it lol.

Gotta say....my girls LOVED molasses :) They just looked so much better (greener, healthier) after their molasses infused feed (every 4th) :)

Okay so unsulfered is blackstrap, cool. Knowing that earlier would have saved me a ton of time walking around the store scratching my head.

Oop, didn't mean that. Blackstrap is unsulfured, not all unsulfured is blackstrap. Did that make sense? If you go to a health food store they will sell it. I've also seen gallons of horticultural blackstrap being sold online and I've seen it at Lowes Home Center too for 8 dollars a gallon. It's perfectly fine, but it isn't food grade. For the plants, no worries.

Hey LA Did I miss some pics? Hope you had a Great Weekend :thumb:

Hidden I would post you a link to the Capn, or try searching Captain? yet on my phone so cant. Also check S1ingblade and his grows out he has all the links and info on Capn style. The Capn is an awesome grower and blogger who has done loads for growing! Capn style just refers to his top feed hydro using mini rockwool cubes method! :)

GF thanks for that post :) Im terrible, I just retain the bare minimum of info on subjects, once I know something I tend to discard all non essential stuff lol. So I know what to do but have forgotten half of why I do it lol.

Just finished doing my research into "the capn" and you are correct...he is an amazing grower with tons of knowledge!
There are many tutorials out there for making a top feed so I think I may follow his style for veg.
Thanks for the advice, I had never even heard of mini rockwool cubes!

Hey all :) just some pics of my bubbas! :) Firstly the larger girls!!
20140428_170749.jpg
20140428_170755.jpg
20140428_170803.jpg
20140428_170816.jpg
20140428_170825.jpg
20140428_170845.jpg
20140428_170851.jpg
20140428_170856.jpg
20140428_170911.jpg
20140428_170919.jpg

Now the smaller 3 the 2 X GG#4 and the F1 Caramel Cream Fast Version! :)
20140428_171000.jpg
20140428_170955.jpg
20140428_171009.jpg
20140428_171024.jpg
20140428_171033.jpg
20140428_171041.jpg
20140428_171112.jpg
20140428_171126.jpg
20140428_171120.jpg
20140428_171024.jpg
20140428_171144.jpg
20140428_171155.jpg

Hey Lady D :)

The first set of girls, the larger lot have already had work done on them. I headed and prepared for fluxing already. Tried my hand at fimming a couple but I dont think it took. Mainly as I tried whilst still so tiny me thinks.
The RD and AH have both had some selective defol. This has nothing to do with normal fluxing though :) just me being me lol. Its all posted a couple pages back! :)
The other 3 have nothing done yet but will be ready to top in a couple of days now! As two are the 2 x GG#4 they will get ttreated with real love and care and Ill document it completely! :)

Back
Top Bottom