Lavendar's - Continual Harvest - 5th Grow

Here's some more good vibes for OMM, they were felt when I needed them and I know there is something magic in us that flows, maybe it's love that does it. It's around here for sure.

Bad cookie experience sounds awful, edibles have a huge potential for turning bad, I've seen it happen more than once. Glad you are feeling better though. Your pictures are always great and i love the variety of colors and plants.

Let the good vibes always flow to our friend Lavendar, her hubby, her friends, and her harden.

Here's some more good vibes for OMM, they were felt when I needed them and I know there is something magic in us that flows, maybe it's love that does it. It's around here for sure.

Bad cookie experience sounds awful, edibles have a huge potential for turning bad, I've seen it happen more than once. Glad you are feeling better though. Your pictures are always great and i love the variety of colors and plants.

Let the good vibes always flow to our friend Lavendar, her hubby, her friends, and her harden.

rj,
glad you're feeling alittle better, and your spirit seems stronger...thank you for all the well wishes, they are appreciated....any snow yet?? sledding? will pass the message to omm....take care....hugs, L

Sorry to hear about the edible trip...I have been on one too...had a similar hash high (and I was driving...I pulled over, but it didn't last anywhere near as long as a bad edible high).

I see the girls are all looking great! Nice photo selection too, I always enjoy your photo updates, the colors and variety of plants...I love seeing how variable our girl can be...we should be very careful not to homogenize her too much in the future looking for the ultimate.

:bravo: lady lavendar, wishing you and your hubby much :peace:.

(If you talk to OMM, tell him HI for me and that I am wishing him the very best.)

been copying the well wishes and putting in a message so he can read when he gets to it....
yep, one of my biggest "worries"? about our plant is that all true breeds will be bred out of existance....our veg. seeds are nearly that way now...most of the hybreds are sterile, the seeds wont grow even if you plant them....and i now save heirloom veg. seeds for that reason....im a big conspiracy theory 'person, so long ago figured that the few things peeps all, had in common was food, water, and air, if you can control that, you have control...the water is so polluted in most places you cant drink it now...when i was a kid, you could drink from nearly any running stream, our food supply is so contaminated now that it seems the govt. sticks more fingers in that pie on a monthly basis, beef, chix, eggs, milk, vegs....grains....the list goes on...and the surplus goes to other countries....instead of here...why? and alot of the air we get here on the coast comes from japan and such and carries a heavy pollution index when it hits....you can tell...what happened to the fresh ocean breeze? wow, thats enough of that gloom and doom....i could go on and on, but wont.....needless to say, i love jessie ventura....great show....sometime read the book "marys monkey" about the polio vaccine....taken from official records, very scary read....and true....know youre a reader also, so thought you might be interested....
so yes, i try to keep heirloom or landrace seeds of mmj also....if they cant get us out of existance one way, they'll go for another....member of the baby boomers speaking here....and i refuse the fllu shot....it makes me sick every time i get it....so now its a no go.....

some of the combos are really nice, but so are the straight up "they are what they are" breeds.....and i know from farming that a good infusion of original stock is a good thing to bolster the breed and keep it strong....i have one whole tin of labeled heirloom seeds in the freezer....when out of date, i use one or two and replenish the supply..(and to those of you who will jump on the hybred vigor thing, yes, i know about it, yes, its true, but is also true it doesnt last...put that in your pipe and smoke it..)...ten yrs in freezer...

my whole legacy may be the plants and seeds that i collect....i use fems, but i keep them all....

posting new message from omm....hugs to you and yours, L

update on omm
omm said to let everyone know he is on the mend, but slowly, the antibiotics are taking their time working, and the weather there is cold and rainey, so hes in no hurry to be up and aabout....spending his time in bed bundled up, still gets cold sweats when he moves around alot, so not doing that....which is good....he isnt answering phones, messages, (often) or doing anything with 420, as he knows he will be on for hrs talking to his friends if he starts....thats good he realizes that, ....he thanks everyone for the well wishes and positive vibes....has another dr. appt. in about ten days, but the way he sounds, i think he'll still be on house and bed and anitbiotic therapy...he said all his babies are still alive, and he converted a closet, which is good, as he was worried about the babies, but lousy for him, as it wore him out and set the recovery back a bit....never move the first day you feel better, its a trick omm....and said he got another seed order, which he didnt remember he had ordered....good for him, but im now dying of curiosity...ok, so im nosey....anyway, hes better, and on the mend, but not good yet, still tired and cold and sick....keep those well wishes comming all...this was not a good way for him to celebrate his birthday....not good at all...but irregardless of how he felt, i for one was darn glad he was here to have another one...so happy b'day omm...and many more...and get well, we all miss you....hugs, L:cheer::cheer:

as a personal favor, would anyone whos so inclined say a little prayer for raisin J, his heart is not in real good shape, and has taken a bad turn...not even able to smoke his mmj...so he could use some good words...thanks all...i have always believed that the collective conscience can and does move mountains....L:thumb::peacetwo:

I thought I was getting a bit better, so why am I crying now?

Thank you so much, you really made my day just now. You may be right about the collective concience, that's beautiful. I dont know what else to say, but thank you. This mountain was moved, that's for sure. It flows thru us and it will come back to you tenfold I believe. You will always have a friend in Alaska. Just know right now there is a tall skrawny tough looking man out there somewhere with tears running down his cheeks and a heart that couldn't stop beating at this moment no matter what's wrong inside of it.

Lavendar you are an Angel (a little purple one mind you).

From the Woodsman Clan of the Northwoods to the Raisin J up in Alaska, our prayers and wishes for your good health have been packaged and sent! Hope you feel better soon brother RJ.

OMM my friend we are also glad that you are taking good care of yourself now, but like L says, do not be in any kind of hurry or feel that you need to be. First things first and that is to rest up and follow your Doctors advise. Pneumonia does not go away quickly and could be with you in some degree for over a month with the first several days being the worst. With the right antibiotics and rest, you will get better and perhaps after your fever breaks (for good) you'll be able to do little things like potting seedlings (in bed of course) or eat foods that Jo didn't have to chew for you first...........:) !

L! You too! Get back inside where it's warm and cozy and forget about chopping down any trees tonight! Dam* woman, first you poison yourself then you go out and get the flu for crying out loud! Isn't one thing at a time enough? Does Hubby know how to make Fowl of Rooster Soup?

Here's how I'd do it if I was him...........:)

Hubby first smoke some stuff then go over to your neighbors house (with the roosters) tonight after the moon sets and only crazy people are out and about , bring a bag or two with you. Find the largest roosters or the ones that annoy you the most in the mornings (large crows or pigeons work for those that live in more 'urban' areas). Grab at least two of the suckers just in case you overcook the first one.

Return to your home (if you were not shot) and place one (or both, what the heck) into the top of the water heater, close the lid (duct tape or bricks work). Now that you've worn yourself out, it's time for some relaxation! You've earned it! Take a large amount of Cannabis Sativa that happened to be laying around in your pocket and stuff the whole wad into whatever pipe happened to be in the other pocket. Sit down and let er rip! No worries my man! You'll be completely sane and in control of all motor skills after this and will be able to continue cooking this Soup of fowl with little to no effort on your part. You've heard of deep fryers for turkeys, right? Well this is the new 'Rooster Boiler' perfect for large crowds or in-laws.

The amount you cook depends of course on which water heater model you have.

Because no one I know can pick up a fully loaded water heater tank by them selves, you'll need to recruit some teenagers or anyone else stupid enough to agree. Lift the tank (insulated models only) and pour contents into basement sink (rinse first - the sink not the birds silly). Add onions (try to peel them first since it's hard to find all the stuff floating around later when your sitting at the table). You can gut the birds now if you forgot to earlier. If your roosters are still feathered, now's the time to get the blowtorch out and 'have at it'!

Serve in dark colored bowls (harder for your guests or sick people to see what's floating around this way) and use spoons or straws to eat with.

TA DA! You've now cooked a delicious and nutritious meal only a sick person could enjoy.

If the instructions sound too difficult or you fell asleep already or threw up, just smoke another bowl or two and forget the whole thing! Sick people get better with or without this method. Also if you have a can of Cambell's Chicken Soup in the pantry you could just serve it instead. Why you could even heat the darn thing before consuming!

The above is what happens when I forget to stop smoking! :):lot-o-toke:

:rollit:

Wow Lav your page has been going crazy. And looks like you got your hands full with a great harvest. Makes it all worthwhile. Congrad's. You asked about rott. Well here's best I can find;
Bud_Rott.JPG

I found it seems to start whereever you leave a wound from a pinched leaf or like that a bend from super cropping also. And alot is from where a leaf died and curled up in the bud and rotted. I hear tell it can come from anywhere. From a rotten leave on the soil too. I cut a heathly chunk from either side the rot and sprayed the ifected area with some stuff like 'serenad' and such. It hits the tightest buds too, which is a total bummer. Hope it's not a major thing
Keepem Green

yeah, thats it....its on a few, and that plant was super cropped to heck and back....first and only one doing it....great.....does it get a smell like mildew or anything? spread to others? does it go insidee of the bud, as these seem good on the inside of the buds....throw it away? or?? this is not good....no, its not epidemic, but that sure looks like it....yes, i have serenade....but i already harvested it....its in jars now....well, poo.....should i throw it away, it doesnt taste funny or smell funny? thanks alot for the info....take care, boy this weather is just dandy huh? for ducks that is....L

omm alert.
he said he still feels like crap, but is rejoining the human race....didnt really realize he was as sick until he started getting well....so hopefully he may rejoin us soon....i told him to wait until after his dr. appt. tho....but who
knows?? he might be a difficult patient....but we love him....later, L

The infected bud has a turpentine oder to be. Strong. Yes it can spread its a fungus and comes from spores. Temp and humidity can make it comfortable. I hear if ya can keep from 50% it will help. I'm running at 40% with that new dehumidifier. It does make alittle heat but I can use it in the hall and it works some even in the Flower room. Well I wood pinch off the rot, and spray rite away. Wash hands before touching other plants. I just spot spray if you are well into flowering. It gets in the stem in the middle on the bud and spreads. As far as hash box, I myself make sure I don't put any visible rot in my hash box. Some them molds can hurt your lungs and get ya coughing hard. You can still tell the mold when Ya open your jars. Just keep a eye out. It won't kill ya. I remember some fools use to say mold your pot and it gets stronger. YIKES!!!!!!!! They were spraying down some herbs with water and burying it for a month. What some will do to get high. Keep em Green

ok all,
it is NOT bud rot or fungus....i just got back from the college, and had a friend botonist look at it....yes, he smokes....and he said that it will either get a crunch texture or a slimey texture....said as did ncw that it will spread like wildfire....but this is not it....no fungal structure....so that is cleared up...
he is going to analyse a sample for me to see if it is bacterial, but said with an ionizer/ozone machine it is very unlikely and the color is probably a color genetic trait....thats weird....supposed to be pure col. gold....but who knows?
and it is the only plant in there that had that color and just in spots.....so far, i have pulled most of the plants and the only dark plant in there is the blackberry, which is supposed to be....he also agreed that the smell is clean, and the taste is fine....i think he got a free sample of a couple of kinds for the cause.....small price to pay for safety, and knowledge....well, that was good news anyway....and said it could have happened because of the girding, which i think means water may have been trapped until evap. in the buds and stem....also told me to try the girding when it wasnt a wet plant...i had the idea right, but the timing totally wrong...i hate learning curves...i probably would have thrown the whole plant away, hubby and i talked it over, and after losing 7 last summer, it would have just been another summer of '10 fatality....hope next year is better....we are still watching the room
closely....also said running a dehummer is great in this environment....also asked if i had made that sulfer burner yet for next yr....drops head and avoids eye contact....weak, "no".....i need to do that just in case....still a massive amt. to learn here i guess....thanks for all the hellp...oh, and keeping the humidity down is great for the mold and mildew he said, (all of which n.c.w, had already told me....yeah friend....) and that 40-50 is a safe area for the fungus, but great for spider mites....so keep hanging those no pest strips, running dehummers, ect....and dry heat....like wood stove....glad it wasnt the worst....hugs, .L

i would seperate rot from good bud keep it in different jar and probably toss it into the hash box :)

im so afraid of molds and such as i get fungal inf. so easily....still weak immune system from almost dying, so wont keep anything like that...but know that ncw is right....i have met them too...used to soak in wine and put in dark closet, dry and then smoke.....nope....they are still alive, but then so am i, so wont press the luck here...and i figure if i dont like it i sure wouldnt inflict it on anyone else....yes, i agree, isolate anything you're not sure of....hugs, L
we are in the process of sterilizing the room, area by area, walls and floor...plus all the fans, vents ect....its been a yr....and we have only swept and hung bug defence in the rooms, and wiped down....so as we pull we been doing a good deep clean in that area....finished the 4x4 after all the summer plants died....so it is really good now....also we cut way back on the amt. of plants and size of whats in there....do the same thing in nursery...seems like alot of our newer plants are smaller now...but stronger and healthier....just not the monster buds, but i guess growing indoor in small spaces, well, not that small, has its limitations.....

The infected bud has a turpentine oder to be. Strong. Yes it can spread its a fungus and comes from spores. Temp and humidity can make it comfortable. I hear if ya can keep from 50% it will help. I'm running at 40% with that new dehumidifier. It does make alittle heat but I can use it in the hall and it works some even in the Flower room. Well I wood pinch off the rot, and spray rite away. Wash hands before touching other plants. I just spot spray if you are well into flowering. It gets in the stem in the middle on the bud and spreads. As far as hash box, I myself make sure I don't put any visible rot in my hash box. Some them molds can hurt your lungs and get ya coughing hard. You can still tell the mold when Ya open your jars. Just keep a eye out. It won't kill ya. I remember some fools use to say mold your pot and it gets stronger. YIKES!!!!!!!! They were spraying down some herbs with water and burying it for a month. What some will do to get high. Keep em Green

high guy,
just wrote a post about results, and botonist findings....still waiting on other findings....anyway....yep, i knew some of those peeps too....no go for me, im very allergic to mold and mildew....so we were going to throw the plant away, if we found out that is what it was....would probably have destroyed any thing close to being done in the room also and sprayed everything left with serenade....as long as not in bud, yes, it does say you can use it, its just a health thing with me, all this health crap originated with broken foot at work, but i survived the comedy of errors..should have sued them all, everyone made mistakes....so glad it wasnt that....thank you for all the help and pic....and i still think that pic looked id....but not what the man says, so oh well, he did show me under mic. what fungus looks like, so can ck for it at home now....he thinks the girding set off a reaction of some sort...but just a guess....thank you and wife again....L

between the two of us and the plants it has been one ..... yr. for growing...plague, pestilence, and mold.....lol..come on sunshine....L

I still think breaking it down and tossing it in the hash solution( i use white gas) would not pass the mold or spores into the final product ?? Getting dissolved and then cooked out ?? but definitely best to toss it if you are in any way health risk with mold or allergies or lung issues. I have smoked a lot of moldy BCs over the past yrs and now i know better, wont ever happen again. My buddie has 60% humidity all the time, Keep telling him to buy a dehumidifier but he won't listen. He will, when his stuff molds. And he is insisting on waiting for them to get so heavy they fall over :( Oh well Probably gonna turn into one of those I told u so moments.

I still think breaking it down and tossing it in the hash solution( i use white gas) would not pass the mold or spores into the final product ?? Getting dissolved and then cooked out ?? but definitely best to toss it if you are in any way health risk with mold or allergies or lung issues. I have smoked a lot of moldy BCs over the past yrs and now i know better, wont ever happen again. My buddie has 60% humidity all the time, Keep telling him to buy a dehumidifier but he won't listen. He will, when his stuff molds. And he is insisting on waiting for them to get so heavy they fall over :( Oh well Probably gonna turn into one of those I told u so moments.

Yah we always half to find out the hard way.Human nature lol.But its how we learn:blushsmile:
Glad to see you have someone at the college to inspect your possible mold issue.Yah mold is not good and it will spread quickly depending on invironment.Best not to take any chances if you see mold cut it away.
R u cooking hash.Be carefull with that you dont blow your self up.There is another method using hash bags and ice.I think canada papas hash or something has pretty good deals on a 7 bag set up with life time warranty for about 75 bucks.Great info and good job on your grow I am always lingering and learning something.
PS.on your next grow double check your guys electric and plugs in stuff.:hippy:

i know the bubble bags work but i want the old fashion stuff. Will will use Coleman fuel rather then eithel either. Plan on hitting up the Pyrex store and getting a distilling set up and vent the vapor away and of course dont use on open flame. OH AND MOST IMPORTANT ALWAYS KNOW THE FLASH POINT OF THE SOLUTION YOU ARE EVAPORATING OFF. AND MEASURE TEMPS THE WHOLE PROCESS IS KEY.. I ve seen the butane stuff and I am not to sure of that either ?? old fashion is the best way. I use to know some one with a oil set up and it had a name but its slipping my brain. Any one know what i am talking about ??

we use butane 3-5x's distilled for hash oil, but use bags with washer for the hash cakes....which i have about twenty runs of that to do, along with the tinctures, oils, and butters....going to be busy for a while....like im not now?? well, it could be worse....hubby is on nights now for a few days so chopped two plants last night....the humboldt, and the blackberry, wow, that smelled nice....cant wait to taste...so that is six plants in the last ten days....all at least an oz and half and a couple more than that when dry, or thats my est. and its usually really close....
oh, and we do the oil, outside, in the open air....not about to blow us up...thats hubbys job....the oil that is....i do the hash tho....sure takes alot of time tho, and ice....but worth it....it all is...

report:
cut back on plants in bud room to eight....looks bare....but for now it will work, like a mini vacation....beginning to put in some diff plants for the next go round....still trying to get clones to go....i may put some back in dirt again...so far, it cant be any worse...and will use alot less supplies....just not impressed with my use of a bubble cloner....not sure, still thinking on it...have peeps relying on me for clones, and i feel awful when i drop my end...

in the last tenday i pulled, harvested, l.a.conf. , nycd, ducksfoot, humboldt, and blackberry, and col. gold....
all had good yields and will get at least one and a half to two oz per plant...that wt. makes me happy....all had a few seeds...not alot, but some, so happy with that....most are curing now....thought i had mold on buds, but it turned out to be from the water in plant from when i girded...trapped....so as long as it wasnt mold im happy....cut bruised flowers off and threw away...it hurt, but was the right thing to do...loss there...been a loss yr. so far, what with molds, mildews, heat, rain, and still is damp....running all kinds of stuff to the hum. down to under 50%....getting ready to put lights on for 24hrs/7....will lower the hum. in the nursery and raise the temps this winter...usually i do the opposite in summer, but use more fans,
the bud room and 4x4 seem stabalized with the humidity now and the temps...

i am not going to start more seeds yet for the next round, i think i am pushing the growth too fast, so going to slow the whole thing down....make it more relaxed again....work more on the cloning again...see what im doing...think i bought enough time to be able to invest some in this area...the next set of plants for the old skool grow, and some clones from previous grows are ready to go to the 4x4, but are not ready for the budroom...only have one plant left that has been in larger pot and redone that is ready for the budroom...have a couple more i could rush if i had to, and two plants that im going to really clone the devil out of, bubba kush and La. conf...after i get a few rooted clones, i want to do one grow of just indicas before the white grow, and after the old skool grow....those two always leave quick so need to stockpile some, but want to d/c them and try some other ones for a while....looking at a candy kush, and a black diesel, or og kush for new stock...have alot to choose from...and still have alot to bud out...but that cloning thing, i really have to deal with....used to do great at cloning....going to ck. the water and all this go thru....we have well water, good well water, but things change, so will ck. that also....
going to be needing some 4x4 plants for the bud room soon...one within fifteen days, and two more within a month....then it will be a while, but will be able to move some out of the nursery then....which is good....didnt think i had gone thru any plants from the nursery until i looked at the stack of 6in pots i have empty sitting by the 4x4...

last night when hubby got home....i was sitting in front of tv listening to sons of anarchy, manicuring the last two plants....made me feel good to be able to finish it up so he didnt have to help....he took the pan and did the last of the small buds tho...hes a keeper...

once again all the half gallon jars in the house are used...so the next batch will go in qts if these arnt finished....also need to get some vodka to do the tinctures....so that means space in the freezer and more jars....will post pics this time as i do it....i really like the tinctures, just drops under the tongue or in tea, and its quiet time....already posted pics of making hash in bags, so thats done, but will do the hash oil next time and take the pics while doing it....so thats whats happening in the world over my rainbow...will get more pics up soon...hugs to all, L

Yes the bubble bag does take a long time dont it...I finally broke down and grabbed the whisk blender lol...I will half to look into making the hash oil interested on seeing how your hubby does that.Dont you just fill a peice of pipe with green with screen on the bottom then just cap the top off with a fill nozel for the butane and let it drip into a bowl then set the bowl in hot watter till it bubbles or somethng like that...Nice to hear your hubby is working economy so bad hear.I am in the lumber bizz and it is real bad hopefully things pick up soon I pray they will.:peace:

Yes the bubble bag does take a long time dont it...I finally broke down and grabbed the whisk blender lol...I will half to look into making the hash oil interested on seeing how your hubby does that.Dont you just fill a peice of pipe with green with screen on the bottom then just cap the top off with a fill nozel for the butane and let it drip into a bowl then set the bowl in hot watter till it bubbles or somethng like that...Nice to hear your hubby is working economy so bad hear.I am in the lumber bizz and it is real bad hopefully things pick up soon I pray they will.:peace:

yep, hes still working, paper mill, so its up and down ... know what you mean, my ex was a logger, very hard times there....dangerous work for sure...but he loved it....kept him in good shape....
we get weeks off once in a while now and always around the holidays...they also took a pay loss for the next yr. to keep plant open....so i do understand...im permanently disabled, a crane opr. for yrs, malfunction of equipment at work got me....so we pretty much live on that ck....hugs, L
oh, and i bought a tube made in u.k. called a honey bee that processes the butane safely....the ideas right, but it isnt quite that ez....L

super lemon haze

linda-11-14-10_028.jpg

twilight

linda-11-14-10_068.jpg

linda-11-14-10_067.jpg

linda-11-14-10_065.jpg

linda-11-14-10_062.jpg

linda-11-14-10_060.jpg

linda-11-14-10_031.jpg

linda-11-14-10_029.jpg

hawaiian snow

linda-11-14-10_055.jpg

linda-11-14-10_054.jpg

linda-11-14-10_053.jpg

linda-11-14-10_052.jpg

linda-11-14-10_038.jpg

linda-11-14-10_034.jpg

linda-11-14-10_025.jpg

sweet tooth

linda-11-14-10_024.jpg

linda-11-14-10_037.jpg

linda-11-14-10_036.jpg

linda-11-14-10_035.jpg

linda-11-14-10_033.jpg

linda-11-14-10_032.jpg

L.a.confidential #2

linda-11-14-10_051.jpg

linda-11-14-10_041.jpg

linda-11-14-10_040.jpg

linda-11-14-10_039.jpg

jack herer

linda-11-14-10_043.jpg

linda-11-14-10_042.jpg

linda-11-14-10_021.jpg

nepal kush

linda-11-14-10_046.jpg

linda-11-14-10_045.jpg

linda-11-14-10_044.jpg

blue majestic

linda-11-14-10_047.jpg

linda-11-14-10_019.jpg

bud room
left side, left fr. blue majestic,left r. nepal kush, rt r, jack herer, rt ft l.a.conf.

linda-11-14-10_027.jpg

right side of bud room:
left fr. sweet tooth, rear, hawaiian snow, right fr. super lemon haze, rear twilight

linda-11-14-10_026.jpg

well, thats all for tonight, enjoy....L

Back
Top Bottom