LED Trinity Grow - Round 1

Hey Stealth I think you are doing a brilliant job plus it is showing me, that as long as the right LED,s are got then the grow will do very well. I would love to be able to complete a grow using this same method, Your girl,s look like they are thriving and it just dont look bright just show,s well make,s me realise how much we dont see when it come,s to light,s and colour infra red an the such.
I think it makes the grow look more interesting as well, I no it,s early but I would think you will get a nice yield from these lovely lady,s:grinjoint:
:green_heart::green_heart::yummy::green_heart::green_heart:

have a nice flowering period brother!
ladies looking great !
Im waiting some bud photos : )
I'll change my light source to hps 8 days after : )
check my journal cya : )

Thanks Donki, I'm sub'd to your grow, I'll make sure to have a look today.;)

your plants are looking healthy.

Thanks KJC.

Everything looks so good I forgot this was your first grow to be honest. Those look like pre flowers to me!

Thanks Rain, Yay!! pre flowers, getting impatient, when i should have the most patience.

Hey Stealth I think you are doing a brilliant job plus it is showing me, that as long as the right LED,s are got then the grow will do very well. I would love to be able to complete a grow using this same method, Your girl,s look like they are thriving and it just dont look bright just show,s well make,s me realise how much we dont see when it come,s to light,s and colour infra red an the such.
I think it makes the grow look more interesting as well, I no it,s early but I would think you will get a nice yield from these lovely lady,s:grinjoint:
:green_heart::green_heart::yummy::green_heart::green_heart:

Thanks Jaga, the LED's have done an amazing job so far, I'm very pleased with the whole closet. The only thing I have noticed is that in most video's or pics of plants grown under HPS tend to stretch out a little more. With the LED's I'm almost finding it hard to LST my girls cause the nodes are so tight and the plants are so bushy, with hardly any stretch at all. ;)

:rollit:

Nice job my friend.
I see some growers add MHs hanging vertically along with HPSs during flowering. The MH keeps more blue spectrum so the plants dont stretch as much. So I'm surprised the red LED lights don't induce stretching more during flowering. Interesting. I wish I had the money for LEDs, but the HIDs are fine.

Lookin nice!, 7-10 days and you'll have a lot of pistils showing!:thumb:
Thank you MC, 7-10 days seems like sooo far away. I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.

Nice job my friend.
I see some growers add MHs hanging vertically along with HPSs during flowering. The MH keeps more blue spectrum so the plants dont stretch as much. So I'm surprised the red LED lights don't induce stretching more during flowering. Interesting. I wish I had the money for LEDs, but the HIDs are fine.
I have also heard that MH lights are good at the end of flowering. I'll have to look again at the specs but the LED lights that are in the closet have a very wide spectrum of light. The proof is in the pudding, or in this case the budz! Stay tuned, and we'll all find out together. :)

Hey Stealth

Subbed!! Looking very good, ive been so interested in LED but man the cost is astronomical. Maybe one day I can justify paying that much for lights.

Hey Stealth

Subbed!! Looking very good, ive been so interested in LED but man the cost is astronomical. Maybe one day I can justify paying that much for lights.

I'll help you justify the expense.:) They pay for themselves in the long run by, #1 in energy bill savings, my LED's use 240W but put out 400W worth of light, #2 lifespan of the lights is 50,000 hours running time, waayyy more than HPS or HM, and #3 in stress relief not having to worry about heat from lights and grow room temps.
Hope this helps. ;)

I'll second that stealth; larger initial outlay but the heat advantage is enormous and is worth the extra money in itself. If you can dump the heat effectively then hps is probably cheaper in the short term, but as stealth points out you get a good lifespan so aren't replacing bulbs regularly and the reduction in electricity will pay off in the long run. But it's all about heat as far as I'm concerned - my led runs and keeps everything at a perfect 28-30C. I had far more heat issues with a 125w cfl and it heated my res, my LED's 200w and heat is no longer a problem.

I'll help you justify the expense.:) They pay for themselves in the long run by, #1 in energy bill savings, my LED's use 240W but put out 400W worth of light, #2 lifespan of the lights is 50,000 hours running time, waayyy more than HPS or HM, and #3 in stress relief not having to worry about heat from lights and grow room temps.
Hope this helps. ;)

The main reason I went LED

ok ok :thumb: haha lets same some cash and move to LED haha. How many would be need or what size is needed for a 3x3 grow? And the # of watts?

For a 3 x 3 space you would need a small one, only around 200W and price would prob be less than $300, Check out the 420 sponsors page, lots of LED suppliers there where you could get some info.
Hope this helps.

ok ok :thumb: haha lets same some cash and move to LED haha. How many would be need or what size is needed for a 3x3 grow? And the # of watts?

Hey wrech we got a growing with LED tread hop over and ask there. You will get input for few more that are using LED. As for how many or how much with LED's you can almost go dollar amount. Say an entry LED light will a nice one around $300 dollars US. You could get away with that but might do better with upping your budget. Hit up our LED tread link in my sig

Of course the Crazycarl disclaimer this is just some stuff I worked up in my head and I am probably just talking out my ass.

I'll second that stealth; larger initial outlay but the heat advantage is enormous and is worth the extra money in itself. If you can dump the heat effectively then hps is probably cheaper in the short term, but as stealth points out you get a good lifespan so aren't replacing bulbs regularly and the reduction in electricity will pay off in the long run. But it's all about heat as far as I'm concerned - my led runs and keeps everything at a perfect 28-30C. I had far more heat issues with a 125w cfl and it heated my res, my LED's 200w and heat is no longer a problem.
I apologize for changing the subject, but I see you've grown Bomb strains. How'd you like them?

Difficult to say I'm sorry in the sense that I've not got a huge amount of experience with other strains to compare them to. The Auto Bomb was alright, but grown under cfl so could have been better under a more powerful light, but it gave 2oz under a 125w cfl and was a nice smoke, though not massively strong in terms of high.

The Berry Bomb was really nice (but didn't get the purple pheno, if it even exists and isn't marketing shots). Crap yield under the cfl (1oz), but 3.5oz under led and same conditions. Nice and frosty and a nice smoke, but I did get a bit bored and tolerant of it to be honest.

The only other strain I've grown is chronic, and that was 10yrs or so ago. That was amazing, a killer stone and enormous buds. Really creepy though. You'd smoke a joint, not feel stoned and roll another, light it and then get hit like a sledgehammer by the first! I didn't get tolerant to that one!

Jon705s probably a good one to give you a fair report on the berry bomb vs other strains cos he's got a load more experience than I have and has grown lots of different strains.

Sorry, a bit of a long winded answer! i suppose the short answer is I thought the bombs were nice, but I wasn't blown away by them. I think after I've finished and experienced the SLH I'll be able to give a fairer opinion

High ya stealth just popped over to say have a great friedday:grinjoint:
A good weed to you Jaga, hope you and yours are well. :)
Just got home from work and smokin a nice fatty, Update and pics tonight. Day 6 of flower...come on pistils.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry Stealth for the temporary hijack.
Hi CC, no worries man, be my guest :)

Hi everyone, time for another quick update....
I went to visit the girls tonight on day 6 of flower, no real work to be done just checking up on things. Topped up the water lvls in the reservoir, Ph'd the water, and did some light pruning around the bottom of the plant. The weather has been a little cool the last couple of days and chilly at night, so the temps in the grow room and reservoir have been much better also.
Another thing I am noticing is how balanced my PH is, I leave the water at 5.7 or 5.8 PH after I change rez. two days later the PH is 5.9 which is great. Even with the High PPM of bloom nutes I think the plants are doing fine cause the PH is so stable for them. There is no Nutrient burn on either of the plants 2 days after that whopper of a feeding, and the PPM after I topped off the water is the same as it was 2 days ago when I mixed them all. :morenutes:
What can I say, everything is running very smooth right now. (knock on wood:wood:)

A couple of the WW clones and 1 Master Kush clone I took died, stems just rotted away, rockwool cubes were to wet. I took a couple more of each and also a couple of Blue Mystic clones from my other grow to add to the cloner machine. Getting my other grow ready for flower.

Today's Stats.
Day 6 of flower
PPM=1010
PH=5.8
Water Temp=65.1F
Air Temp=78F
RH=58%

The Girls. Its getting so you can't really see the separation between the two. The Kush on the Left is overgrowing the Widow, I'm not gonna let it take anymore of the Trellis space than it already has. These pics were taken when I opened the closet, before bending them back under the net.
IMG_153910.JPG

IMG_154112.JPG

IMG_154012.JPG

IMG_154213.JPG

IMG_154917.JPG

Pre flowers are all over the place now on the girls.
IMG_15559.JPG

Pics after I finished playing.
IMG_155118.JPG

IMG_155312.JPG

IMG_156710.JPG

The Stats
IMG_15718.JPG

The Clones.
IMG_156812.JPG

IMG_156912.JPG

That's it for tonight, hope you all enjoyed, and stay medicated my friends. ;)

Back
Top Bottom