LED Trinity Grow - Round 1

you should not have any problems running vegetative nutrients for a few days, during the first weeks of flowering the stretch and additional growth i run vegetative nutrients then after the stretch phase has completed i transition to flowering nutrients. i am concerned with the supplementation of silica products as i am concerned with smoking silica as i am aware of silicosis of the lungs.

Thanks Knight:thumb:
I did not know that, and yes I am still running my top feed lines for 15 mins every 6 hours. I'll turn it off tomorrow when i check on them again. The roots under the water line look great, but like you said its the roots above the water line that look bad.
Thanks for the compliments and the growing tip.;)

:rollit:

No worries mate. Have a go and see if they improve; with the roots in the res they'll get everything they need anyway so stopping the drip feed shouldn't affect growth negatively.
If my memory serves are you also now running DM Zone (being lazy and haven't read back so not 100% sure if it was here or somewhere else)? If you are running Zone you could also try upping it to around 6ml per 10l and the roots should perk up nicely in a week or so

you should not have any problems running vegetative nutrients for a few days, during the first weeks of flowering the stretch and additional growth i run vegetative nutrients then after the stretch phase has completed i transition to flowering nutrients. i am concerned with the supplementation of silica products as i am concerned with smoking silica as i am aware of silicosis of the lungs.

Hi KJC never heard of Silicosis of the lungs, I'll have to look into it. There is silicates in all plants already though, here is a little part of one of the articles i read about the subject.

Silicon: The Missing Ingredient in Most Hydroponics Marijuana Gardens

Silicon is the second most abundant element in the earth’s crust (oxygen is the most abundant). It's present in relatively high concentrations in many plants grown outdoors in rich fertile soil.

Silicon is a foundational element that plays a major role in plant metabolism, growth rates, nutrients uptake, structural strength, resistance to fungal diseases, resistance to insects, resistance to adverse chemical conditions, and resistance to other problems that harm marijuana plants.

By the end of grow phase, marijuana plants grown in soil have exhausted their supply of silicon. In some cases, soil silicon is not in a form easily absorbed by marijuana plants.

In your soilless hydroponics garden, silicon is totally unavailable because it’s not in your root zone at all, unless you specifically add it as “silicate.”

AAPFCO has been slow to recognize the benefits of silicon, because plants may grow adequately in silicon-poor conditions.

But because marijuana plant scientists have been studying how hydroponics nutrients work in soilless marijuana gardens, they’ve long known that silicon-deprived plants are weaker and less productive than plants fed extra silicon.

Indeed, scientists discovered that silicon-deprived hydroponics marijuana plants are inferior to silicon-enriched plants in chemical composition, structural integrity, growth rate, maturation rate, root structure and function, enzymatic function, cellular strength, resistance to disease, pests, heat, salts, cold, heavy metals and drought, and in the quality, potency and weight of their buds.

Yes, your marijuana plants may grow adequately without silicon, which is a main reason silicon hasn’t been deemed an essential element that must be included in hydroponics base nutrients formulas. But evidence shows that without feeding added silicon to your crops, you’re missing out on healthier, stonier, more productive plants.

Here's what I found real quick on Silicosis.

"Silicosis is a lung disease that is caused by inhaling tiny bits of silica. Silica is a common mineral that is part of sand, rock and mineral ores like quartz."

I honestly don't think this applies KJC as there are Silicates in all plants already whether you add it or not. IMHO :)

No worries mate. Have a go and see if they improve; with the roots in the res they'll get everything they need anyway so stopping the drip feed shouldn't affect growth negatively.
If my memory serves are you also now running DM Zone (being lazy and haven't read back so not 100% sure if it was here or somewhere else)? If you are running Zone you could also try upping it to around 6ml per 10l and the roots should perk up nicely in a week or so

I couldn't get any DM Zone where I live, the 2 Hydro stores close to me don't carry it, I would have to order online. I got something similar. HESI Power Clean, the guy at Hydro store recommended it over O2 and said its pretty much same thing as Zone, it promotes clean strong roots and optimizes water for nutrient absorbtion.

I couldn't get any DM Zone where I live, the 2 Hydro stores close to me don't carry it, I would have to order online. I got something similar. HESI Power Clean, the guy at Hydro store recommended it over O2 and said its pretty much same thing as Zone, it promotes clean strong roots and optimizes water for nutrient absorbtion.

That's a shame, Zone is great stuff. I'm not familiar with Hesi power clean I'm sorry. I just googled it and I think where it's slightly different is that zone sterilises the system, whereas it sounds like hesi is an enzyme supplement. I've not run a 'live' system, only sterile, so can't offer much help here I'm sorry. It may be worth running some H2O2 to kill anything in the system, flush, and then start running the hesi, but that's me just thinking out loud!

Very nice Stealth! Ive just stopped in briefly but ill be back for a read through. But quickly those roots do look a little sad when mine start looking like that a dash of h2o2 clears it right up, pristine the next day. I add 2-3 ml/L of 3% im not sure exactly what you are running in your system as yet but if its sterile (no bennies/zymes/organics) Id go for it. Honestly my girls seem to love it especially around day 3 when it starts to break down into o2 they definitely boom.
But very nice :thumb:

Very nice Stealth! Ive just stopped in briefly but ill be back for a read through. But quickly those roots do look a little sad when mine start looking like that a dash of h2o2 clears it right up, pristine the next day. I add 2-3 ml/L of 3% im not sure exactly what you are running in your system as yet but if its sterile (no bennies/zymes/organics) Id go for it. Honestly my girls seem to love it especially around day 3 when it starts to break down into o2 they definitely boom.
But very nice :thumb:

Hi Voodoo, thanks for checking out the grow, I'm not running a sterile system, that's why I got the HESI power clean, still on the fence as to whether it will work or not. The hydro store guy said its good s*#t.
Gonna follow Green Knights advise about stopping the top feed, cause at this point the roots are fully submerged and don't need it anymore, and It can actually makes the problem worse. Taking it day to day and keeping my eye on it. ;)

Hi again everyone, Happy Skunkday.;)
Just a little post to say...... Today is day 1 of flower for my Master Kush and White Widow!! Yahoooo. hip, hip, hooray!! :)
Have a good day, and stay medicated my friends;)

IMG_148411.JPG

IMG_148511.JPG

Gonna try and do some still pic, time lapse post and see how it turns out :)

IMG_117713.JPG

photo_1_103.JPG

IMG_123917.JPG

IMG_125613.JPG

IMG_126712.JPG

IMG_128715.JPG

IMG_130713.JPG

IMG_131020.JPG

IMG_135311.JPG

IMG_136012.JPG

IMG_138910.JPG

IMG_141016.JPG

IMG_143315.JPG

IMG_143621.JPG

IMG_148511.JPG

That's right up til yesterday. Now for the fun part, The flowering.
have a good day everyone.;)

Hi again everyone, Happy Skunkday.;)
Just a little post to say...... Today is day 1 of flower for my Master Kush and White Widow!! Yahoooo. hip, hip, hooray!! :)
Have a good day, and stay medicated my friends;)

IMG_148411.JPG

IMG_148511.JPG

Looking good +reps :)

Hey Stealthy. I just noticed you have some lights on the side of your tent/box. What are those?

Looking good +reps :)

Hey Stealthy. I just noticed you have some lights on the side of your tent/box. What are those?

Hi Scar, Thanks for checking in on the grow, and thanks for the reps buddy.
They are Sun Blaze T5 lights. Help with light penetration, but my plants aren't quite that tall yet. :)
The bud sites should like it though, once they grow a little taller.

Hi Scar, Thanks for checking in on the grow, and thanks for the reps buddy.
They are Sun Blaze T5 lights. Help with light penetration, but my plants aren't quite that tall yet. :)
The bud sites should like it though, once they grow a little taller.

Yeah. I am kind of digging those T5's. I bet the plant can touch them without harm.

I like it :)

looking just great stealth:cheer:

Thanks for checking out the grow, and the compliments Spike. ;)

Nice - beginning of 12/12 - now it starts getting exciting!

:) I've had a smile on my face all day, the wife is pretty disgusted with me. She says I look like the cheshire cat. :)
I'm so excited for bud growth, I'm totally loving my new hobbie.

Back
Top Bottom