Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

how's ?gert? smoking?

anyone know how much a 150 watt led grow lamp would cost me?

Man I'm a few days late but if you are in or around the GTA there is Holland industries, they sell used equipment(as well as new) I scored a veg (blue spectrum) 90w UFO for $100.00 (great condition) & speaking of LATE holy shit LA finally subbing in around page 60. Sorry to hear about you timer problems but this grow looks tits man. Just read through your other Monster grow....eyes will be glued :bravo:

multiple 12 inch colas. oh the power of the sun that is an hid, and a good farmer like yourself. im really about to max my cab out in cfls to get similar lumens instead of just mounting hid and hope room doesn't spontaneously combust LOL

spazz, was looking at leds and their lumens just cant compare for the $$$ but you wont heat up the joint either

multiple 12 inch colas. oh the power of the sun that is an hid, and a good farmer like yourself. im really about to max my cab out in cfls to get similar lumens instead of just mounting hid and hope room doesn't spontaneously combust LOL

spazz, was looking at leds and their lumens just cant compare for the $$$ but you wont heat up the joint either

At the moment, I am using my 400watt HPS (@ 50% power) and 2 20watt CFLs. With just a clip on fan blowing across the bulb in a slightly upward angle, my temps peak at 76-82. 76 is the reading on my old skool thermometer and the digital therm (about 8" lower) reads the 82. My cabinet is only 15" deep, 30" wide and 60" high. At the end of the last light cycle, I stepped the ballast up to 75% for the last 2 hours and temps held. Tonight I will give it 75% for a little bit longer and monitor. The ballast also doesn't get that hot, but maybe that's b/c it's so new and not running full boar.

At the moment, I am using my 400watt HPS (@ 50% power) and 2 20watt CFLs. With just a clip on fan blowing across the bulb in a slightly upward angle, my temps peak at 76-82. 76 is the reading on my old skool thermometer and the digital therm (about 8" lower) reads the 82. My cabinet is only 15" deep, 30" wide and 60" high. At the end of the last light cycle, I stepped the ballast up to 75% for the last 2 hours and temps held. Tonight I will give it 75% for a little bit longer and monitor. The ballast also doesn't get that hot, but maybe that's b/c it's so new and not running full boar.

I mean its in the basement so its cool. and I can remove the insulation in that room, which is onlt 3 feet tall lol.

do you keep the door open?

I know I can do that cause I did it in my closet last round lmaoo. my room was like a fucking sauna at night it was not fun lol I grew into the summer I cant forget into what month until I could take it no more lmao it was 90f at canopy but plants loved it and I left the closet doors open.. maybe I shouldn't try the hid in the small room? idk can I do it without putting roof on fire lol?

I would probably hang it like 6-8" away from ceiling to leave some growing room

IMG_20131202_232959604.jpg
IMG_20131202_232940496.jpg

Higher temps can be combated with supplemental CO2 and/or use of silica in your feed regimen. my cab is on the first floor and I'm pretty sure your area gets much colder than mine so you could use that to your advantage. Maybe just create a no grow zone around your HID with some wire mesh and the use of ScrOG to control growth and reach? I mean this very journal is a testament to the power of training to make the plant conform to the grower's heavy spimp hand and still achieve max yields.

Morning LA. Hope all is great in your garden of green ?

Alex I think what LA means is that he "bruises" the nodes to stunt the growth? I'm sure all will be revealed very soon :)

Arghhhhh....just another manic Wednesday, wish it Friday...that's my FUNDAY lol. Bangles moment there mate sorry. Having issues (self induced :( ) Not the girls, they look great but DO need more off lol.

Hi mate. Nothing major....just fried my humidifier so a new one needed. Definetely need to take more off the girls too mate I think. I'll get some pics taken tomorrow to show what I mean........I'm such a pussy I didnt want to hurt them lol :)

Morning all firstly b.real you would have no worries setting you ceiling on fire. My 400 is screwed into to wood cieling of my area. It has less than an inch clearance.
Alex no I want the close nodes, so what Ill do just before flipping is start pinching the top nodes. This willl stop any growth and actually close the node spacing up even more!

is it a cool tube?

Hi B.R. I've got 3x600w Mh and 1x400w Mh powered up at the mo. They're fixed to timber joists that run through my double skinned plastic tent :) I have no worries at all about fires. Even my ballasts are sat on timber shelves outside the tent :)

Mate, for a relatively small space you create some MONSTER GREEN GODDESSES :) Gitt is looking amazing :) She seems to "bush up" so damn quickly :) TOP JOB SIR!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom