Lil' Girls - Various Strain Continuous Grow Journal

the photos are great....i love the way you have that room set up, so neat and in place...i wonder if i have ocb, my sis does....anyway, sure looks great, and that pap...is so beautiful....love the way you bend them around...so is this a scrog? or support? shows how ignorant i am....looks like a good scrog comming on to me....just with bigger holes than the one we built? anyway it looks perfect....about the problem, i just dont know...that is not one of my strong suits, my solution is to flush, and restart, thank goodness, i dont have to very often....had some issues, but mostly i repot and flush....and dont do that often either....so i am not a good one to take advise from on nutz prob....
the hash looks great....yummy...
the plants look great, other than what you're fixing, and so pretty...lavendar
go j.l. goooooooo...:thumb:

hey bro just checked out your grow, you got a lot of nice plants going on in there. I'm very interested in the Rhino.. I've been looking for a good knock you on your ass strain that only takes a hit.. Lately I've had to smoke 2-3 grams of my latest kushberry harvest at a time to get a decent buzz going. I'll have to look into that strain.

Great info on breeding too, it makes it very easy to follow.

Ok, finally just decided to post....:) Been trying to read your journal from the beginning to catch up on what you are doing....your posts are as long as mine...:Rasta: Needless to say...I am on like page 6 or 7 atm and kinda gave up and just decided to be one with the moment. :slide:

Your girls are looking great, I will have to read a few pages or more back though, am interested in your breeding techniques.

Great job on the hash, how much trim did it take to get that much?

Peace
jason from my little garden in the Rockie's to your's.

Hi MountainHigh! thanx for stopping in. I see your also a colorado grower! Nice! You know I didn't weigh the trim for the hash, I was trying to be quick about it, but It looked like maybe around 3 oz? I'm not sure. Next time I will weigh the trim first. Doh! It's slow going with the breeding, I only do a little at a time, so it'll be a journey alright. I hope you get some usefull info from it!

:peace:

j.l.
well, took the camera over and the bats dead, so will do tonight, charging now....sorry....the reason i asked about the p x p, is im just more inteto the ibl's and purebreeds....i seem to get enough mixes with the purebred??? phenos now.....right now the only known cross i have is the mazor/gr wh. shark....and it was rec. to me....i did get a white fem rhino seed tho....and the zulu is turning out to be a white one also....i have nothing against crosses, but it is getting hard to find, if not impossible to find landraces anymore....esp. the mex. sativas and there are some reallllllllllygreat ones out there....im planning a old time grow, and having a ***** of a time finding the ones i want....asked everyone and all they could say was read the descriptions, so in my spare time that is what i do....the d.f. really does have extra leaves on it, larger, and floppier.....dont know the strength, but must be good, they grow alot of it in oz....or n. z. not sure but i think its oz....
i have never tried any pap....so i am very curious, esp. with your. rec....i trust what you say....so will try one eventually...
the hubby went to work today so will get busy again now with the plants...he tries to give me a break when hes home, but doesnt put stuff up, so by the time hes done helping, i have a mess...i love him to death, but he is a clutterer, and in smalll spaces everything has its place....right now we have a drip system sitting in the middle of everything and gallon jugs as we are missing some backflow valve that is needed....and we have to go out of town to get the size we need, which is crazy as it is standard size hose....but thats life...so i try hard not to see it and move around it, but it gives me clenched jaws every time i go in there....an eye sore....just my bitch....later, lavendar....lol...

by the by, how do you finish out your white plants? bags? let me know, never done it...thanks, L

Hi lav, I almost missed your post. You posted at the exact same time as I did my update. lol Gret minds think alike. I see what your saying about the IBL strains and whatnot. Yea the markets flooded with hybrids, and the purebreeds are hard to find. Do you have Passion #1? Thats a pure oldskool strain. ...also Afghani, purple #1, I could go on, but it nothing you dont already know. A friend and I had a Purple Nepal landrace, but it was lost to us, and now only have it crossed with the G13. I will eventually try to backcross to the Nepal type phenos, but thats another story.

I hear you about the drip system. lol, I always end up having to drive all over town to get what I want from hydroshops. You'd think that standard stuff like that everyone would have, but NOOOOOooooo....

I'm not sure how to answer you about how I finish my white strains, I don't quite get what your saying. Can you rephrase that? (sorry, braindead moment.)

Bye for now!

the photos are great....i love the way you have that room set up, so neat and in place...i wonder if i have ocb, my sis does....anyway, sure looks great, and that pap...is so beautiful....love the way you bend them around...so is this a scrog? or support? shows how ignorant i am....looks like a good scrog comming on to me....just with bigger holes than the one we built? anyway it looks perfect....about the problem, i just dont know...that is not one of my strong suits, my solution is to flush, and restart, thank goodness, i dont have to very often....had some issues, but mostly i repot and flush....and dont do that often either....so i am not a good one to take advise from on nutz prob....
the hash looks great....yummy...
the plants look great, other than what you're fixing, and so pretty...lavendar
go j.l. goooooooo...:thumb:

Hi again Lavendar! Back already! Thank you for the kind words. Lol, my wife has OCD. Really. She goes mental about cleaning. I'm not talking cleanfreak, but actual OCD. you get in her way in her cleaning frenzy you'll get hurt. Crazy girl lol.

Actually I have it set for a ScroG of sorts (I dont SCRoG by the book. I kind of just do it my way) But this go I'm just using it for support. I'm growing the twilight and a rhino taller now that I have the overhead, but the other rhino and papaya and Cindy are shorter since I trained them for the old bloom area, so It wouldn't work to SCRoG since the wire frame that I built slides up and down as one piece.

Yea, thats basically what I did. flush and re-pot, cut out any nutrient additives with high potassium, and started an emergency foliar N and Kelp applications. I just hope It goes away quick. Sheesh, It's always something, isn't it. lol

talk to you later!

hey bro just checked out your grow, you got a lot of nice plants going on in there. I'm very interested in the Rhino.. I've been looking for a good knock you on your ass strain that only takes a hit.. Lately I've had to smoke 2-3 grams of my latest kushberry harvest at a time to get a decent buzz going. I'll have to look into that strain.

Great info on breeding too, it makes it very easy to follow.

Thanx for dropping in CriMsonK20! Yes the white rhino is a great one hit shit. I believe that the White Russian is a little better even, but more expensive seeds for sure. She gets better with age too. the cure really helped that!

I;m glad You are getting some good info about the breeding! It is indeed a slow process though. Did you know that 420 actually has a whole section on breeding? Lots of good info there.

Stop by anytime!!:cool:

i was thinking about same amount of wattage again yes my temps in the tent are high 70s and its hot outside and i only have a small computer fan for extraction and a small fan to move air around inside so if i upgraded to a decent fan and a inlet one to then maybe i could keep the temps down and with the wattage i have works out to be 49 per sq ft which is about right

Hey buddy, just coming through on an overdue visit to your place. Man I cant get over what a nice closet you have. I like the way you showed us the way you bend and weave your tops under the wires. I tried doing a SOG last grow and if you remember it came out decent, but not 'professional' looking at all. If I ever get another chance at an indoor, I may just do a scrog. Those are some nice buds on the Medusa . I of course no nothing about the strain. LOL I don't know about a lot of strains! I'd like to sample them all before my time comes. Problem though, they keep making new strains all the time. I'll never get'em all.

i was thinking about same amount of wattage again yes my temps in the tent are high 70s and its hot outside and i only have a small computer fan for extraction and a small fan to move air around inside so if i upgraded to a decent fan and a inlet one to then maybe i could keep the temps down and with the wattage i have works out to be 49 per sq ft which is about right

sweet man! yea sounds like you have a plan stan! I think if your running 49w per sq foot you should get some Yields from that area! Extra lighting would be just that......extra. I've never been a bug fan of the little axial fans, but hey, if it's working for you then thats that, eh? I hope it goes well for you man! It is so far. I'll drop by your thread sometime soon man! I'ts been a couple days. thanx for stopping by! Keep up the great work on your garden!

Hey buddy, just coming through on an overdue visit to your place. Man I cant get over what a nice closet you have. I like the way you showed us the way you bend and weave your tops under the wires. I tried doing a SOG last grow and if you remember it came out decent, but not 'professional' looking at all. If I ever get another chance at an indoor, I may just do a scrog. Those are some nice buds on the Medusa . I of course no nothing about the strain. LOL I don't know about a lot of strains! I'd like to sample them all before my time comes. Problem though, they keep making new strains all the time. I'll never get'em all.

Hi Woods. Thanx for dropping by my friend. Good to have you here. I'm glad you liked the pictures man, yea, I just use the screen kinda like a SCRog, but not textbook by far. Much like you did yours. I could care less if they fill EVERY square, just get the tops in there and try to keep them even mostly, and just use the screen for extra support. Definatly helps the tops keep off of each other for better even lighting. Thats for sure. Thanks for the comments on Medusa. I'm happy to say that she is recovering well now. Scragly lower leaves, but the new growth has greened up on the new growth and resumed bud building. Shes' going to get a bit bigger still I think. Behind schedule, but eh, what can you do? I'm just glad that I caught it early or it would have been a total loss. She just got ugly so quick it was unreal... Now I know, so it's another learning experience. :smokin:
Oh, and Medusa is her name because of all of her tops, but she is a Cinderella99 clone.
:grinjoint:
Thanx again for dropping in! I love checking in on your journal too. check it every day, but just lurk on the fly alot while I'm working so I don't always post. I'm praying to the Medicine gods that you get alot of fems (well, ALL fems)!! Keep it rocking!:cheer:

sweet man! yea sounds like you have a plan stan! I think if your running 49w per sq foot you should get some Yields from that area! Extra lighting would be just that......extra. I've never been a bug fan of the little axial fans, but hey, if it's working for you then thats that, eh? I hope it goes well for you man! It is so far. I'll drop by your thread sometime soon man! I'ts been a couple days. thanx for stopping by! Keep up the great work on your garden!

Hi Woods. Thanx for dropping by my friend. Good to have you here. I'm glad you liked the pictures man, yea, I just use the screen kinda like a SCRog, but not textbook by far. Much like you did yours. I could care less if they fill EVERY square, just get the tops in there and try to keep them even mostly, and just use the screen for extra support. Definatly helps the tops keep off of each other for better even lighting. Thats for sure. Thanks for the comments on Medusa. I'm happy to say that she is recovering well now. Scragly lower leaves, but the new growth has greened up on the new growth and resumed bud building. Shes' going to get a bit bigger still I think. Behind schedule, but eh, what can you do? I'm just glad that I caught it early or it would have been a total loss. She just got ugly so quick it was unreal... Now I know, so it's another learning experience. :smokin:
Oh, and Medusa is her name because of all of her tops, but she is a Cinderella99 clone.
:grinjoint:
Thanx again for dropping in! I love checking in on your journal too. check it every day, but just lurk on the fly alot while I'm working so I don't always post. I'm praying to the Medicine gods that you get alot of fems (well, ALL fems)!! Keep it rocking!:cheer:

Ha ha! And I'm thinkin it's another strain I haven't heard of yet! LOL Oh well, I'm really right on top of things, it's just the world moving on me from time to time!:hmmmm:

I unnderstand man. I'm the same way. I just wrote a book on ConqueringLOJ's thread about spacequeen because I red his post wrong. It was Speedqueen. lol stonermoment.

Anyways, Medusa is recovering! WOOHOO! She started growing more vert and has put on another inch skyward in the last few days. Maybe making up for lost time? I think she'll grow taller, and then fill out more and end up alot like Chrystal (my last cindy) were she just gets MASSIVE. Papaya seems to be recovering, but as far as growing difficulty goes she's pretty easy, but has a weird leaf mutation and veriagation that makes it a little tougher to distinguish from problems and genetics, so I'm moving her up a notch for difficulty. I hope that The breed with cindy99 will end the Hillbilly funk. I can almost guarentee that this is from excessive inbreeding on Nirvanas part. Come on guys! Getting lazy are we?
Anyways Papaya smells VERY unique. Just like the little cans of tropical fruit mix you get from the store. You know, the ones with the syrup in them. Makes me wanna smoke it now!! Also, was a late girl with resin/trich production, but has greatly sped up and is now a really crystally specimin. I have bearly even added any molassas. lol I just hope that she fills out good. I bet she will fill out the same way as she resinates. late but fierce.

....anyways, I think I did learn ONE major thing from my new problem with Medusa. I'm used to having small plants in the coco, and blooming them quicker, so with the ones that veg for longer I'll be vegging in 5 1/4 square pots, and repotting at bloom time to give them some fresh coco to root into. It's not so much for the root space, but more to get in some fresh coco that hasn't stored soo much potassium and Calcium. that causes a clusterF of problems. It's like a scatterbomb. Chain reaction of cannabis Death! so with the new bloom tent Ill be repotting to 1 gallon pots (or airpots if I like them) right at bloom transition.
Yea, I think that having the girls in coco for soo long definatly added to the problem. Especially with my High power feeding regimin.

Now I'm back at square one with the Coco HydroOrganic thing. Better for everyone, but harder for me. lol I will still add a few non organic things here and there though. I found Botanicare Sweet to be a great occasional additive more because it has Sulfer in it, and Dark energy because of the added Amino Acids and ability to increase your plants Ethelene production. BTW, Dark energy should be in everyones lineup. I know Lav's hubby hates the shit, it stinks, but like it says, lol It does rock.

later 420ers!

jus saw y u wanna seed that rhino it those look like a very short sativa how long has the medusa been flowering

J dont wanna Hi-jack but I have a ?,my ice plant(fem)the secondary branches
are overtaking even the highest fan leaves.I have yet to see this happen,the lowest branches are super long and leafy,I'm used to bending fan leaves back so I can get some light to bottom leaves but now I can bend them to get the fan leaves light.weird.lol

your thread is awesome dude,sometime I am going to do sog and I may need
to ask a few ?.:bravo::cheer::nicethread:

High Buddy just catching up! :grinjoint:
I learn something new every time. Thanks! :cheer:

Cool. I'm glad I have info on here that Makes you learn-ed! Without that we'd all be Monkeys. (Rather weird looking Hairless monkeys at that!) :)
Glad you stopped by man! drop in anytime. I'll try to keep the info coming.:bong:

jus saw y u wanna seed that rhino it those look like a very short sativa how long has the medusa been flowering

Hi Holysmokey! Yes, a 60day sativa dominant White rhino is not something you see every day, K-I-L-L-E-R smoke too! I have really taken a liking to that strain. Its unbelievable how Quickly she goes from a skinny sativa stick to dense-er spear nugs. It's really quite an impressive specimin to me.

Medusa is a Cindy99 that I put into flower on may 2nd. I have had one finish in 60 days (Trying to keep up with the Rhino I think!) but the last one finished at about 80 days, so I have a little time left on Medusa I think. Especially since she was stressed.:reading420magazine:

looking great Jason,you da man.such neat strains:bravo::nicethread:

J dont wanna Hi-jack but I have a ?,my ice plant(fem)the secondary branches
are overtaking even the highest fan leaves.I have yet to see this happen,the lowest branches are super long and leafy,I'm used to bending fan leaves back so I can get some light to bottom leaves but now I can bend them to get the fan leaves light.weird.lol

your thread is awesome dude,sometime I am going to do sog and I may need
to ask a few ?.:bravo::cheer::nicethread:

Hi spike. NO HYJACKING!

.....J/K :) How are ya man? Counds cool to me man! I like to use LST and supercropping to get that same effect on my girls. It's cool that you didn't have to. If you like that then try supercropping while in the transition stretch phase and your top will stall for a few days while the lower branches continue to grow. I still trim off the really low ones, but like to have the lower branches come up to form little mini colas sometimes.

lol, Talk to you later!:roorrip:

j.l.
actually the hubby has not said anything about the dark force for a while, i think the hairs in his nose have burned out...the smell doesnt cling on sooo bad...ehhhg, gross....he has quit griping....who'd a thunk it....about smells and sinus issues, hes a world class griper....and the df..i do really like it, it rates right up there with pro tekt as far as world class finds for me....the o.j. will be any day now....slurping up the molassas water, and getting fatter...well, one of those days a million things to do....take care and enjoy, lavendar

Hi lavendar! Thats great that your able to use the Dark energy in peace!! The stuf is stinky though. I try not to breath it, but sometimes I get a whif. Phew. I switched to organics, and the BioMarine smells like fresh seafish, but in the mix, after you water it in it smells like week old dead whale. Cant even smell the dark energy after that. lol

Did you get dark energy, or Dark force? I havent heard of dark force, but if there is a cheaper knock-off out there I'd love to look into it to save a buck! let me know if you can! I don't know why, but my computer stopped emailing me my 420 subscriptions, so I'm slowly going around trying to re-subscribe to them all. I'll try to get to your journal soon to see what I may have missed! Great about the OJ!! I'm very interested in that strain! (well, most of your strains really!) Cant wait to see how she did for you! Don't forget to save me a little sample!! WOOHOO!!!

My twilight is a great plant so far, dark green, exeptionally wide leaves, but I sure was right about the stretch! Man oh man does that girl grow!! She was the shortest girl in bloom, and is now the tallest. I'm going to have to raise my light for her. (was planning to anyways, but just procrastinating. lol) and the new Rhino that I put into bloom is going to be a big girl too. I'm going a little crazy with the estra space in the new tent I'm letting them grow taller to get bigger colas (Hopefully. lol) But it's in a weird place now with 3 shorter plants moved from the old bloom area and 2 taller plants put into bloom bigger and less trained to take advantage of the taller tent. It really makes a difference that the plants are near ground level! I feel like the tent is a couple feet taller even though its only 11 inches really, but having the old bloom area be the top 5 feet of the room really heated up the top 3 feet of the chamber, which made me have to keep my plants low in order not to burn them (which I still ended up doing a couple times. lol) It's nice for sure!

Bye for now!!!!
jason

MINI UPDATE:

Ok, so I went in to water today and the Twilight in bloom has the female pistils but I think she's also developing nuts. I have never seen a hermie have actual male flowers. Does anyone out there know if that would be a hermie, or male? I'm not sure yet, and I'll have a few days before they pop if they are infact male parts, so I'll wait till tomorrow to check and decide what he/she is for sure.

I've heard that the males that also produce female pistils are the best ones, is this true?

If she IS a he, or hermie, I will be collecting pollen to breed with. I'll have to do some extra backcrossing to get the hermie thing out of the way, but I'm down. I already have something special picked out for twilight anyways. Twilight x Cinderella sitting in a tree.......B R E E D ING! lol

Let me know if you have any good info on males that show female flowers, or have ever heard of a female producinng complete male flowers as a herm without any stress or STS.
thanx, jason

P.S. I guess that would account for the megastretch. lol

MINI UPDATE:

Ok, so I went in to water today and the Twilight in bloom has the female pistils but I think she's also developing nuts. I have never seen a hermie have actual male flowers. Does anyone out there know if that would be a hermie, or male? I'm not sure yet, and I'll have a few days before they pop if they are infact male parts, so I'll wait till tomorrow to check and decide what he/she is for sure.

I've heard that the males that also produce female pistils are the best ones, is this true?

If she IS a he, or hermie, I will be collecting pollen to breed with. I'll have to do some extra backcrossing to get the hermie thing out of the way, but I'm down. I already have something special picked out for twilight anyways. Twilight x Cinderella sitting in a tree.......B R E E D ING! lol

Let me know if you have any good info on males that show female flowers, or have ever heard of a female producinng complete male flowers as a herm without any stress or STS.
thanx, jason

P.S. I guess that would account for the megastretch. lol

Hmm...I have never seen a plant like that myself, but, I'm pretty sure that hermy pollen is used to make FEM seeds. Pretty cool. It should be a great addition to your breeding experiments!

Yes, Hermie pollen is used for feminizing a strain. and either way it will indeed be a great addition, but I need to try to figure out if it's a true male (which I think it is, just has some female pistils) or if it's some strange hard core hermie. Hell, I have never even heard of a hermie with full on male flowers naturally.

Weird. I even stayed up late trying to find any info on the web, but didn't find much. Waste of time if it wasn't for the beer. lol

Thanx for dropping by Conquer. Is it just me or has it been quiet here on 420 the last few days? Hmmmm.....

Back
Top Bottom