Living Organic Coco - LOC

Everything looks nice and green BF, I love the control box board for your remote drivers. I am excited I have tons of DIY stuff coming in. 24 Samsung boards yesterday and heatsinks for them tomorrow and some drivers. It's like a build fest going on in the mag right now with buck, you, me and the many others.

Nothing like building your own private sun!

Hey shiggs! Welcome in and thank you!

The control box board i stained with mineral oil. I went with a cheap wood but i can imagine a nice walnut, teak or even ceder would look so good. Wish i went with something better. I love the way high quality glossy wood and electronics look together.

I see that in your mad scientist thread! Thats all up my alley, reading it all now!

Man those boards look awesome you and buck are gonna kill it with those boards! Cobs have taken over! Its so cool to see the transition from hps to blurple to cob. Although expensive and too fast of a transition. Hopefully with all the intrest in cobs the companies make more plant amd growing specific equipment!

Hey BF at the moment i am in a 2 ft by 4 ft tent. Eventually m gonna move up to a 4 ft by 4 ft. And a parts list would be fantastic cause i love how urs looks and show exactly what watts are running and being able to dim. I think the six will be good for the 4 by 2 and when i step up to the bigger tent i will add cobs.

Another question not sure if u know but i have the old style mars 600. I hate thr light and creats too much heat. Could i take apart and use the drivers and fans out of it to make a cob light? Thanks in advance!!

Hey BF at the moment i am in a 2 ft by 4 ft tent. Eventually m gonna move up to a 4 ft by 4 ft. And a parts list would be fantastic cause i love how urs looks and show exactly what watts are running and being able to dim. I think the six will be good for the 4 by 2 and when i step up to the bigger tent i will add cobs.

Another question not sure if u know but i have the old style mars 600. I hate thr light and creats too much heat. Could i take apart and use the drivers and fans out of it to make a cob light? Thanks in advance!!

Hey man that should work! Ill get a parts list for you as soon as possible. Busy at work. But ill pm you the links to everything i bought.

Here is something fanleaf put together. Hope it helps.

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Thanks BF and Buck yall are helping me so much and will b looking forward to the pm. Whenever u get time! And thanks guys for all the answered questions. Its easy to get lost in when doing something that i have no experience in but m sure after all my research i will feel confident to move forward.

20170711_215457.jpg

3 down! Numba 4 will have to wait. Have to order one more molex and i get paid friday. I may have to rethink my fan situation.

20170711_200705.jpg

This is pretty cool! Made some qwiso and found a lot more seeds. I didnt go through the sativa that well at least i hope its sativa seeds. This seed has soaked in iso but some how it popped after i put it in water. I will keep looking for sativa seeds. I think ill flower this out and see how my Chernobyl x GSC Xtrm came out.

20170711_195438.jpg
20170711_195433.jpg
20170711_195428.jpg
20170711_195423.jpg
20170711_195417.jpg

Keep tucking them down. Seems like a lot of growth. Tucking branches i didnt notice before. Hope she bushes out a little faster but this is a slow vegging strain.

20170711_215457.jpg

3 down! Numba 4 will have to wait. Have to order one more molex and i get paid friday. I may have to rethink my fan situation.

20170711_200705.jpg

This is pretty cool! Made some qwiso and found a lot more seeds. I didnt go through the sativa that well at least i hope its sativa seeds. This seed has soaked in iso but some how it popped after i put it in water. I will keep looking for sativa seeds. I think ill flower this out and see how my Chernobyl x GSC Xtrm came out.

20170711_195438.jpg
20170711_195433.jpg
20170711_195428.jpg
20170711_195423.jpg
20170711_195417.jpg

Keep tucking them down. Seems like a lot of growth. Tucking branches i didnt notice before. Hope she bushes out a little faster but this is a slow vegging strain.

Wow really neat seeing the transformation farmer your doing awesome bud .

Wow really neat seeing the transformation farmer your doing awesome bud .

I gotta say using a trellis has to be the easiest way to train. I can clip branches down and move them where i need. Once i get the bush ill lift it up and when the huds get heavy ill use it as support. Just wish it was designed a little better. Smaller holes for one! Thicker cord so the plants dont pull it up so much. It works for my purposes though.

Your canopy is filling in fast, dont let them get away from you. .

Thanks pw! Definitely time to flip! I will order my last molex tomorrow and finish my final row of cobs. Once its in it will be go time. I need buds, pretty much out of flower.

Now you're just showing off! Sick build, very clean. Bright AF too! The plants seem to love it. What color COBs did U use 3500? 5k? BOTH!?

Hey 3G! Your too kind thank you!

Im using vero29 3500k 80 cri x6 and vero29 3000k 90cri x4.

If i was building another cob which i do, i would go all 3000k 90cri. Its an excellent chip with some far red not aure about deep red though and has some blues fromwhat i understand. Ive seen a side by side and the buds grown under all 3000k 90cri are insane

20170712_062255.jpg

Made some dabs with qwiso

Edit: ill actually let them go vert today. Ill pull down the stems that are growing to fast to let the other catch up but thats it. Want some heigh before flower.

These are citis not the vero29 but look at the difference!!

420-magazine-mobile1011265604.jpg

"These are citi clu048-1812's, left is 90cri,right is 80cri...both 3500k..
Same clone, res, temps, distance from canopy.. 90 side is coming down this week.. 80 will be another week or 2.. Guy says the 90 colas are bigger and denser.. And obviously faster.. He does par tests throughout the grow.. 80 has a higher par in 400-700 range, as he shows.. But the 90cri grows bigger, faster plants..."

The DIY COB Addiction

Hey thanks BF for the PM definitely a great big help. Your setup is crazy!! Love how clean the enviroment is now its time for the plants to get crazy!! U r da man!! Much props!!!

Back
Top Bottom