LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

Date: 3/16/22 - Day 45 of Flower
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 12 Inches away - 55-65k LUX (up to 1100PPFD)
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog & Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 5gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Weekly Temperatures

Well the heat shut down on Saturday night and the dehumidifier stopped working last night. Thanks to the Govee alarms I caught both quickly. Temps and humidity are staying right where I want them in the tent, which is on the dry side.

Speaking of dry, I may need to start watering Abby daily. When I take her out of the tent after two days she is dry. I will probably start tomorrow giving her a liter or so around the edges on off-watering days. Everyone got a charge of @Prescription Blend today.

Well, everyone except Betty (White Widow). She is droughting. I will post before and after pictures in a few days.

Jenny (Purple Haze) is hard to take a good picture of. From the top it looks like she has little nugs. That's because of the fan leaves on the buds, though. If you look from the side you can see how large her buds are. And they are beautiful.

Abby (Hindu Kush) is easy to take pictures of. Her buds pop out there and say HELLO! I took some with and without the flash to show the difference.

I plan to start the drought for Abby & Jenny next week. Both are building nicely, but throwing off a lot more orange pistils. They will be ready soon.

Hope everyone is having a great humpday!

Happy Growing.

The past couple of times I watered I noticed that Abby was really light. I snuck down just past lights-on today and gave her a liter of water just to make sure she doesn't dry out too much before her full watering tomorrow. I know, I baby them too much. But look how cute they are ;)

Date: 3/18/22 - Day 47 of Flower
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 12 Inches away - 55-65k LUX (up to 1100PPFD)
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog & Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 5gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Weekly Temperatures

I'd love to get the temperatures down 5-10 degrees at night toward the end of flower. This week its been too warm and wet to get the basement where I want it. Next week looks like much cooler weather and I'll see what I can do to get a few degrees cooler for the end of the grow.

These ladies are still drinking well every other day. I gave Abby a liter yesterday and she didn't feel quite as dry today as she has been. She still took over a gallon today, as did Jenny.

Betty (White Widow) is on the fourth day of her drought. She's getting dry but still has some weight in the bottom of the pot. I'm taking pictures of these two buds to gauge the effect.

Abby (Hindu Kush) and Jenny (Purple Haze) are still bulking up and putting on weight. I can see the buds getting fatter and heavier. They all smell incredible.

This weekend is the end of the 7th week of flower. Next week Jenny and Abby will be starting their 8th week, and their drought. For now, all of these ladies are loving life. Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy the weekend. :rollit:

It's supposed to be close to 80f here tomorrow and sunny. Spring is right around the corner. And so is harvest.:yummy:

Happy Growing.

Thanks @zigzagman1960 Good light, proper VPD, and @Prescription Blend and the green takes care of itself. And we are not quite to the end yet. These girls are about to go through a drought up to 11 days. We'll see how they look at the end of that. Super frosty, hopefully:yummy::ganjamon:

Correct @zigzagman1960 . I'll continue to water regularly up until the drought is started. After the drought I'll water to bring her back as much as possible. She should be ready for the chop soon after. See this thread for more info. I am tracking a couple of buds on Betty now and hope to see how she frosts up through the drought.

Correct @zigzagman1960 . I'll continue to water regularly up until the drought is started. After the drought I'll water to bring her back as much as possible. She should be ready for the chop soon after. See this thread for more info. I am tracking a couple of buds on Betty now and hope to see how she frosts up through the drought.
Well I got a couple almost ready. Watered (fed) yesterday. I’m gonna go 11 w no water just for funzies.

*wrong picture originally posted edited to show plants I’ll be droughting
3054634E-2294-4DA7-A68C-0C23FED6CD58.jpeg

Beautiful even canopies Budman! This has been a lovely grow for you!!! That @Prescription Blend is really something else!

Beautiful even canopies Budman! This has been a lovely grow for you!!! That @Prescription Blend is really something else!
Thanks @Krissi1982 for my first grow in soil I'm very happy. I still go back and look at the pictures before I started using @Prescription Blend and realize how good a decision that was ;)

BTW I'm watching the time lapse on Betty during the drought. I can see her contract in the last day. She is shrinking. It has been 6 days since the drought started. Based on LWA I think she is ready for some water. I went down and gave her a good watering today. I will be watching to see how/if she recovers.

Thanks. Its GSC that I started indoors and moved outside March 1st at 7 weeks flower to take advantage of 12hrs sunshine.
I never thought to do that. I guess I'm too afraid of bugs living out here in the middle of the woods. They look fantastic. Keep us updated on the drought.

Thanks @Krissi1982 for my first grow in soil I'm very happy. I still go back and look at the pictures before I started using @Prescription Blend and realize how good a decision that was ;)
Absolute truth!
BTW I'm watching the time lapse on Betty during the drought. I can see her contract in the last day. She is shrinking. It has been 6 days since the drought started. Based on LWA I think she is ready for some water. I went down and gave her a good watering today. I will be watching to see how/if she recovers.
Awesome and she WILL be just fine. Did you happen to take any before trichome shots to compare with your post drought? I'd love to see what happened with Betty, I've been seeing such great results from so many new droughters!

Betty Drought Update

I set up my Wyze time lapse videos set to end on Fridays at 4:20. When I reviewed the video from the flower tent on Friday I could see Betty shrinking. Not much happens in the first 3-4 days of the drought (Mon-Thu). On Friday, though, you can really see her start to shrink in on herself. By Saturday morning she was shriveled and yellowing. Her leaves were all drooping straight down. I gave in and watered her. It had only been six days but she looked done. After watering she continued to recover all day Saturday. By Sunday she seemed to have come mostly back to her original size. She does look a little worse for wear, though. Here are daily pictures taken by my Wyze camera from 3/16 - 3/20. You can see by 3/19 she was shriveled and looking pretty bad. By the next day she looks much better.

Here are before and after pictures of two buds that were tracked. The after shot is much clearer so it is hard to see any difference.

Here are some tric shots from before the drought and after. Before shots taken on 3/10 and after taken on 3/20. All shots are taken on the top of the buds.

Before Drought

After Drought

The biggest difference I see in the bud shots is that some of her sugar leaves curled up. Maybe there is a difference in the tric shots but not much. I guess I was expecting to see more of a change in the density of the trichomes. Possible reasons why I did not see the change I expected:
- The drought only lasted 5 days. Not long enough? I didn't see her going much longer without water. I know she would not have lasted another 5+ days.
- It's possible that she was too small, or that she had too few large fans to survive the drought long enough. Maybe you need a larger plant with more fans to last longer in the drought.

At this point I'm re-considering droughting the other two. This is only my second grow and my first in soil. My girls are already frosted and I am starting to see more negatives to the drought than positives. I'm starting week 8 tomorrow and coming up to the finish line on this grow. Today is the day I had planned to start the drought on Abby & Jenny. I'll go down and take one more look at Betty's progress, but I don't think I see enough of a difference to drought the other two. Still considering...

Betty Drought Update

I set up my Wyze time lapse videos set to end on Fridays at 4:20. When I reviewed the video from the flower tent on Friday I could see Betty shrinking. Not much happens in the first 3-4 days of the drought (Mon-Thu). On Friday, though, you can really see her start to shrink in on herself. By Saturday morning she was shriveled and yellowing. Her leaves were all drooping straight down. I gave in and watered her. It had only been six days but she looked done. After watering she continued to recover all day Saturday. By Sunday she seemed to have come mostly back to her original size. She does look a little worse for wear, though. Here are daily pictures taken by my Wyze camera from 3/16 - 3/20. You can see by 3/19 she was shriveled and looking pretty bad. By the next day she looks much better.

Here are before and after pictures of two buds that were tracked. The after shot is much clearer so it is hard to see any difference.

Here are some tric shots from before the drought and after. Before shots taken on 3/10 and after taken on 3/20. All shots are taken on the top of the buds.

Before Drought

After Drought

The biggest difference I see in the bud shots is that some of her sugar leaves curled up. Maybe there is a difference in the tric shots but not much. I guess I was expecting to see more of a change in the density of the trichomes. Possible reasons why I did not see the change I expected:
- The drought only lasted 5 days. Not long enough? I didn't see her going much longer without water. I know she would not have lasted another 5+ days.
- It's possible that she was too small, or that she had too few large fans to survive the drought long enough. Maybe you need a larger plant with more fans to last longer in the drought.

At this point I'm re-considering droughting the other two. This is only my second grow and my first in soil. My girls are already frosted and I am starting to see more negatives to the drought than positives. I'm starting week 8 tomorrow and coming up to the finish line on this grow. Today is the day I had planned to start the drought on Abby & Jenny. I'll go down and take one more look at Betty's progress, but I don't think I see enough of a difference to drought the other two. Still considering...
Nice pics and they look good... I like the photo comparisons thanks for that... I don't know alot about droughting except what's read here on 420.

The problem @HappyHazmat88 is that neither do I. I followed Maritimer and Krissi's posts and it seems like a lot of people are having success with it. I can't say I did but I am not sure I went long enough to find out. Maybe I just don't have the stones to watch my ladies dry and shrivel up.

Back
Top Bottom