LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

Date: 3/21/22 - Day 50 of Flower
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 12 Inches away - 55-65k LUX (up to 1100PPFD)
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog & Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 5gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Weekly Temperatures

Happy first day of Spring everyone (in the northern hemisphere). I opened up the basement door this morning to get some fresh 38f air in the basement. It cooled it down almost 10 degrees. I'm trying to cool the basement down as much as possible in the last days of this grow to see if I can get Jenny to show some color. Humidity is staying in the high 40s and I will drop that down 5% in the next week as well.

Betty is finished droughting and I am not sure I will do a full drought for the others. For now everyone else is still on their set watering schedule. They seem to still be drinking as much as usual and I'm watching for signs they are starting to drink less.

Starting on the 8th week of flower and everyone is showing signs of finishing up. Which is good since I need this tent for the next grow. I expect Betty to be harvested within the week. At that point Jenny & Abby may need to be moved over to another tent to finish up. I don't think any of these ladies will take more than 2 more weeks but we'll see.

Abby (Hindu Kush 7-8 weeks) has a lot more orange and is getting darker in general. She still has some new white pistils coming out but looks like she is finishing up. I also saw something that looks like seeds/pods on her. I haven't seen any male parts in the tent so I am not sure what to make of it. It may be nothing but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Betty (White Widow 8-9 weeks) looks like she may have more clear trichomes after her drought than she did before. Are these new trics? I'm not sure, but I'm going to give her a few more days to recover and see what happens. Almost all of her pistils are orange and more are crinkled in so I expect to harvest her within a week. I'll keep checking trics.

Jenny (Purple Haze 9-10 weeks) has the most white pistils still coming up. She is expected to take a week more than the others and she looks like that may be the case. Her trics look cloudier than I was expecting, though, so I'll keep taking pics every couple of days to monitor them all. You can also see some flashes of purple in her tric shots; I'm hoping to get more of that to come out in the next week or two.

So I am going to keep an eye on them for the next couple of days. I am hoping to harvest Betty by this weekend but we will see how she does. Have a great week everyone.

Happy Growing.

I just went down to water today and they're not ready yet. They all are heavier than usual. It could be that I've been keeping the basement cooler the last two days. Or it could be these girls are finishing off and aren't drinking as much as they used to. Or both? Either way I'll wait at least another day for watering. I'll get some more tric pictures tomorrow as well ;)

Or it could be these girls are finishing off and aren't drinking as much as they used to.
I vote for this reason! Both Jenny and Betty look ready to me. :Rasta:

I vote for this reason! Both Jenny and Betty look ready to me. :Rasta:
Thanks @Grand Daddy Black I sure hope so. I really wanted to chop Betty this week, but I swear she has more clear trics now than she did two weeks ago. And when I look at Jenny's trics she looks ready. But then she's still throwing fresh white pistils. And then what about Abby? She is definitely getting darker and her trichomes are clouding up but she looks like she is still building too.

This is the worst part of the grow for me, this indecision at the end. Right now I'm holding off on doing anything. I need to harvest soon, though, because I need this tent for the other grow. I can move two of these girls into another tent to finish but not all three. So who gets harvested this week? Betty? Yea, I hate trying to figure out when to harvest :( I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks @Grand Daddy Black I sure hope so. I really wanted to chop Betty this week, but I swear she has more clear trics now than she did two weeks ago. And when I look at Jenny's trics she looks ready. But then she's still throwing fresh white pistils. And then what about Abby? She is definitely getting darker and her trichomes are clouding up but she looks like she is still building too.

This is the worst part of the grow for me, this indecision at the end. Right now I'm holding off on doing anything. I need to harvest soon, though, because I need this tent for the other grow. I can move two of these girls into another tent to finish but not all three. So who gets harvested this week? Betty? Yea, I hate trying to figure out when to harvest :( I am open to any suggestions.
I feel your pain, having to decide which one of those lovelies to take down first. (Not really!) :laughtwo:

I just went down to water today and they're not ready yet. They all are heavier than usual. It could be that I've been keeping the basement cooler the last two days. Or it could be these girls are finishing off and aren't drinking as much as they used to. Or both? Either way I'll wait at least another day for watering. I'll get some more tric pictures tomorrow as well ;)
Cooler temps and the plants getting mature is correct.

The day 49 pictures are showing me that your plants have a ways to go. In the close ups you can clearly see the pistils are all brown but the calyxes still need to swell up and swallow up those pistils. You stand to get a bit more yield and as you let the plant mature the high won't really change it'll just last longer. You'll hear people say if you let your plants go to long it'll leave you with sleeping medicine. Thats true if you let all the THC convert to CBN..trichs turn BROWN and BLACK. The thing is NOBODY lets their plants go to long. People like to look at trichs through magnification and will be able to find some AMBER to justify chopping their plants. Learn what a ripe bud looks like--then examine your trichomes.

Cooler temps and the plants getting mature is correct.

The day 49 pictures are showing me that your plants have a ways to go. In the close ups you can clearly see the pistils are all brown but the calyxes still need to swell up and swallow up those pistils. You stand to get a bit more yield and as you let the plant mature the high won't really change it'll just last longer. You'll hear people say if you let your plants go to long it'll leave you with sleeping medicine. Thats true if you let all the THC convert to CBN..trichs turn BROWN and BLACK. The thing is NOBODY lets their plants go to long. People like to look at trichs through magnification and will be able to find some AMBER to justify chopping their plants. Learn what a ripe bud looks like--then examine your trichomes.
Thank you @zigzagman1960 this helps. Do you have an example of what the calyxes should look like when ripe? I HATE looking at trics and would love to feel more confident in determining when the plant is finishing up without needing a microscope ;)

Thank you @zigzagman1960 this helps. Do you have an example of what the calyxes should look like when ripe? I HATE looking at trics and would love to feel more confident in determining when the plant is finishing up without needing a microscope ;)
This all I have at the moment. This picture was taken on the 11th. Chopped on the 14th.
01A4F190-0AEA-4F78-8AC0-3CB9434806E4.jpeg
328FD77B-469C-43EB-AFC2-E48430F118F8.jpeg
7CE47CEF-5CFD-4338-BFD8-F7D5A22AE2C0.jpeg

Good morning my friend @LKABudMan hope everything is good.
I must have lost track for a bit I apologize.
How are the pistols?
All the white ones crinkled in for you yet?

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning my friend @LKABudMan hope everything is good.
I must have lost track for a bit I apologize.
How are the pistols?
All the white ones crinkled in for you yet?

Stay safe
Bill
Hi @Bill284 we missed you over here. Everything is good here I'm enjoying my new job; much less stress and I'm not worried about getting paid every week ;)

These girls are on day 52 (W8D3) of flower. Betty and Abby have very little white pistils and they are crinkling in more every day. Jenny still has some fresh white pistils and looks to still be going strong. I'm going down to water them and see how much they drink after 3 days and take some pics. Be back soon...

Date: 3/23/22 - Day 52 of Flower (W8D3)
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 12 Inches away - 55-65k LUX (up to 1100PPFD)
Weekly Temperatures

I've been sneaking down to the basement to open the sliding door in the mornings to get some cold air in there. It's warming up in the next couple of days but then we will get another cold spell. Humidity is staying low in the tent which is good coming into the end of the grow.

I waited an extra day to water these ladies and they were really dry. I had to give Jenny & Abby 6.5 liters each in order to get any runoff. I'm trying to keep an eye on the runoff toward the end of the grow. I don't want them running out of nutrients, but I also don't want to over-feed them right at the end.

All of these ladies are still putting on weight. As much as I need this tent for the next grow I don't think anyone's ready to harvest yet. It looks like at least another week. That means I'll need to do a little shuffling this weekend and I may need to finish these ladies up in another tent (s). Either way it looks like they'll be ready soon and I can't wait.

Abby (Hindu Kush 7-8 weeks) is visibly darker this week than she was last week. She has a lot more orange hairs and they're starting to crinkle in. Even with the bamboo she's still trying to spill out and needs to be tied up more every time we water her.

Betty (White Widow 8-9 weeks) looks to be almost fully recovered from her drought with a few yellow leaves to show for it. Most of her pistils are orange but her trics still look a little early. She has some chunky little nugs.

Jenny (Purple Haze 9-10 weeks) looks the least ready looking at her pistils but looks the most ready when you look at the trics. I am not quite sure what to make of the tric pictures but she's still putting on weight. She's really frosty and smells fantastic. She's not really showing much purple yet but I'm hoping for more to come out in the last week or two.

As much as I want these ladies to be finished it looks like they need a little more time. I'd love some other opinions, though. Does anyone see it differently? @Bill284 I always welcome your experienced eyes; are you seeing the same thing I am?

Well guys, we're over the hump now. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

Happy Growing.

Date: 3/23/22 - Day 52 of Flower (W8D3)
Weekly Temperatures

I've been sneaking down to the basement to open the sliding door in the mornings to get some cold air in there. It's warming up in the next couple of days but then we will get another cold spell. Humidity is staying low in the tent which is good coming into the end of the grow.

I waited an extra day to water these ladies and they were really dry. I had to give Jenny & Abby 6.5 liters each in order to get any runoff. I'm trying to keep an eye on the runoff toward the end of the grow. I don't want them running out of nutrients, but I also don't want to over-feed them right at the end.

All of these ladies are still putting on weight. As much as I need this tent for the next grow I don't think anyone's ready to harvest yet. It looks like at least another week. That means I'll need to do a little shuffling this weekend and I may need to finish these ladies up in another tent (s). Either way it looks like they'll be ready soon and I can't wait.

Abby (Hindu Kush 7-8 weeks) is visibly darker this week than she was last week. She has a lot more orange hairs and they're starting to crinkle in. Even with the bamboo she's still trying to spill out and needs to be tied up more every time we water her.

Betty (White Widow 8-9 weeks) looks to be almost fully recovered from her drought with a few yellow leaves to show for it. Most of her pistils are orange but her trics still look a little early. She has some chunky little nugs.

Jenny (Purple Haze 9-10 weeks) looks the least ready looking at her pistils but looks the most ready when you look at the trics. I am not quite sure what to make of the tric pictures but she's still putting on weight. She's really frosty and smells fantastic. She's not really showing much purple yet but I'm hoping for more to come out in the last week or two.

As much as I want these ladies to be finished it looks like they need a little more time. I'd love some other opinions, though. Does anyone see it differently? @Bill284 I always welcome your experienced eyes; are you seeing the same thing I am?

Well guys, we're over the hump now. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

Happy Growing.
As usual Stellar update. :love:
Imo you have ladies trying their hardest to build and get fat for you.
Healthy very happy ladies but still flowering nonetheless.
I welcome everyone to have a look at your beautiful work and give their opinion.
I've been wrong many times.
just not this time

As usual Stellar update. :love:
Imo you have ladies trying their hardest to build and get fat for you.
Healthy very happy ladies but still flowering nonetheless.
I welcome everyone to have a look at your beautiful work and give their opinion.
I've been wrong many times.
just not this time
Thanks a lot @Bill284 I think I see the same. But here I am at the end of another grow trying to rush these ladies out of the flower tent for the next ones. I really need to re-think my veg-flower tent setup so I'm not rushing to harvest. Thanks again for stopping in.

(Wolf whistle)... whew them D cups on Abby got me feeling anxious baby, palms sweaty and eyes bulging. So frosty my finger got stuck to the screen when I scrolled by. Damn fine work Ole boy, clean as a pin.

Thanks @RedskinnedRhino I agree Abby's the blonde with the tube top and loves to show off her stuff. Meanwhile Jenny is hiding some DDs under a sweater of leaves. She may not look as sexy now but those nugs are fat and heavy. I'm getting excited about them all, just another week or two...

:thanks:@Grand Daddy Black :passitleft:

Aloha!

I see the yellow I think that you saw during drought lol she was nowhere near dying or done with the drought, imo....

I think she had lots of leaves and was a perfect candidate for a drought, I saw that you mentioned leaves at one point.

I'm not pushy, I don't know if you have seen any droughts on the thread, but I do know it's brought me a better product every time and many others as you already noted. If it's not for you, it's not and that is so ok!!! To each grower his own!!!!

Two cents:
I would suggest more up close bud shots when you, if you, drought next. Also, a pinhead was used as a reference point in a grow @nivek did in his hempy. Actually liked the drought enough to attempt droughting her again. I have to get over to that thread actually and catch up myself.

Regardless, your girls look fantastic and happy-even miss yellow leaves now! Give it up for that @Prescription Blend!!

Thanks @Krissi1982 I was ready for yellowing leaves. I guess I wasn't expecting the whole plant to shrink like that. I've been watching the drought threads and I agree it looks very promising. I'm going to keep following and hope to revisit in the future. Thanks for all the work you've done in bringing this to the front.

Back
Top Bottom