LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

Have you ever heard of folks holding their plants in complete darkness for 24-36 hours before chop?

I do it for every harvest since I learned about it. I have a write up in my signature with clone comparisons at 12-72 hours.

Water/feed one last time, then hold them over until you’re ready to chop. 36 hours seemed to be the sweet spot, but I’ve gone as far as 5 days in darkness.

I also believe that bud washing in colder water in one of the buckets increases trics. I have nothing but personal experience and what I think I see for that one though.

Give it a read and see what you think.
Thanks @AdaminCO I used a 36hr dark period with my first grow and plan the same with this grow. I love your clone comparisons.
I also washed the buds on the first grow. I did not use peroxide, just the lemon-soda mix and two rinses. I like your addition of air stones to the buckets, I will do that this time.

I just went down to water Abby but she's not ready yet. She really looks like she is finishing up, I'll need to get some tric pics later today. She's supposed to be a 7-8 week flower and we are starting the 9th week.
Jenny's getting darker and more purple. She's finishing up too, but also the new tent is quite a bit cooler than the old one. And I've let the basement get pretty cold the past couple of days. I'm trying to give them the signal that it's time to finish up ;)

No watering today, so I'll just post some pics. Day 58 (W9D2) of flower.

Abby's all alone in the 32x32 tent under a 100w LED. She's still hanging in there after her drought. I think she'll be harvested this weekend

Abby & Jenny are in the 24x48 tent under the P2500. Abby looks like she'll be ready soon, but Jenny may have another week or so. I'll check all their trics later today.

Happy Growing.

Good afternoon budman I know your getting excited they should be close if not ready... What % of cloudy/amber do you look for? I go for like 10-15% amber...but I like a speedier high.

Edit- lovely as always

Good afternoon budman I know your getting excited they should be close if not ready... What % of cloudy/amber do you look for? I go for like 10-15% amber...but I like a speedier high.

Edit- lovely as always
Yea @HappyHazmat88 We're excited, especially for Jenny. Luckily we still have plenty of white widow and hindu kush from our first harvest. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Jenny's spicy berry smell comes through when vaping.:yummy::volcano-smiley:

I'm shooting for less amber as well so probably around the same 10-15%. Right now I'm monitoring the pistils and water intake more than the trics. I'm hoping they'll let me know when the plant is ready ;)

Thanks @Krissi1982 I am already loving the @Prescription Blend . It is packaged so well, and the pipettes it comes with makes it really easy to dose and mix. I really liked that it came in at 6.3pH with my well water without having to add any pH up/down. And, of course, the plants are LOVING IT!
Do you have a ph meter and do you have a link to where you got it? I’m looking for one to buy

Hi @New2this420 I started out with some cheap pH and ppm meters but went to the blue lab combo meter from the 'zon. I mounted the probes on a bbq fork so that I could easily check buckets.

Well @RedskinnedRhino I kind of messed up with mine. For a while I was using it with every watering instead of alternating water-feed. It still lasted me for all three plants with a little left over. If used correctly one kit should work for at least five plants.

Your girls are top heavy like they flew in from Poland, if that's the secret sauce thats got your girls going wild, then I'll have em ship me a crate of it for my budding clone army. I refuse to let you keep all the pretty ones for yourself, no matter how handsome you may be.

You won't regret it @RedskinnedRhino I just stuck to the @Prescription Blend printed schedule mixed with my filtered well water and never had to add anything else. It sure was nice not having to worry about the nutes on this grow, and the results do speak for themselves ;)

Date: 3/31/22 - Day 60 of Flower (W9D3)
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo

Tent # 1 (The Playpen) - Betty
32x32x60
Light height and reading - Generic 100w LED @ 100% 6 Inches away - 50k LUX
Extraction - Mars variable speed 4" extraction fan on high
2x 6" oscillating fans

Tent # 2 (The Closer) - Abby & Jenny
24x48x60
Light height and reading - Viparspectra P2500 @ 100% 8" away - >65k LUX
Extraction - Generic 4" extraction fan
1x8" oscillating fan

Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog & Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 5gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Weekly Temperatures

Temps in the basement were low for the beginning of the week but it's warming up outside. I'm still trying to keep the temps low but we'll see how successful I am. The dehumidifier is doing it's job so the humidity is staying around 50%.

Nobody has had anything to drink in a few days. It's been four days for Abby, and she is the dryest right now but still has a bit of weight in her bottom. I'm still considering a late drought for Abby & Jenny. At the very least, I'm in no hurry to water them right now.

Today is Day 60 (W8D4) of flower. Lots of pictures today, including tric pics of all the girls. I'm glad my Grove bags are still plenty full from the last harvest or I'd be pulling my hair out right now. As it is I'm happily watching them continue to swell and pack on the trics.:yummy:

Abby (Hindu Kush 7-8 weeks) is finally starting to drink less. She's still throwing a few white pistils and I can still see her buds swelling. I still see plenty of clear trics on her (and at least one two-headed tric that looks like a snail).

Betty (White Widow 8-9 weeks) is fading now and is almost ready to chop. She isn't the biggest plant and doesn't have the biggest buds. She's nice and frosty, though, and will be a few ounces of white widow goodness. She looks like she might be ready soon.

Jenny (Purple Haze 9-10 weeks) has the most white pistils and is still swelling as well. She does have a lot more cloudy and amber trics than I expected, though. I still think she'll be the last to be chopped, but we'll see. Oh, and I can't take enough pictures of her right now ;)

Enjoy the rest of the week. After all, today is Friday's Friday!

Thanks @Grand Daddy Black Oh and can I be the first to congratulate you on member of the month? Not sure why the polls closed early, but CONGRATS! Well deserved.:bravo:

Thanks @Grand Daddy Black Oh and can I be the first to congratulate you on member of the month? Not sure why the polls closed early, but CONGRATS! Well deserved.:bravo:
Thanks, man!

I thought the voting didn't end until midnight. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom