Phenomenal job here Lootz! I can't wait to see what kind of weights you've achieved. I also love the colors, what was your temp swing during an average day? Did you do any ice waterings or anything crazy?

I can't wait to see your new journal and to follow that one along too!

Looking great bro congrats again wish I could try some 🤣 hope you enjoy your new smoke as much as I have mine! It's been a pleasure growing with you bro I definitely learnt alot following along.. make sure you @me on the next one. ✌🏽

You did a great job brother! I just handed you the ball, you ran with it and did the work successfully. You’ve got the patience and open mind, you’ll do great work. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Lootz in the local dispensaries in a few years 😂

When it comes to drying, keep your temps below 68 and your RH around 60 (the temp is more important than the rh but they’re both pretty important) to preserve as many terpenes and flavonoids as possible. Low and slow will get you the best result. Certain terpenes begin to breakdown above 68 and low rh will cause the outside of your buds to dry faster than the inside. Don’t rush your dry and cure. This is where great product becomes legendary or turns to crap fast if you cut corners.

Phenomenal job here Lootz! I can't wait to see what kind of weights you've achieved. I also love the colors, what was your temp swing during an average day? Did you do any ice waterings or anything crazy?

I can't wait to see your new journal and to follow that one along too!
Thank you aspen!
Temp swing was no more than 10 degrees and actually as I got later into flower that difference has started to become less as it warms up during the day outside.
The water temps if anything would be what I could say could have had an effect because they sat stored on the concrete floors. Nothing crazy or extra tho.
I also think genetics just played a part and we just got lucky.
Just about everything was crossed with the purple punch.
I’ll have to see what they do in future rounds with different seeds and see if I can get similar results and find what the cause truly is.
Looking great bro congrats again wish I could try some 🤣 hope you enjoy your new smoke as much as I have mine! It's been a pleasure growing with you bro I definitely learnt alot following along.. make sure you @me on the next one. ✌🏽
Man it would be awesome to have a 420 meet and greet 😂 everyone bring the plants that we’ve grown close to watching through our journals and try them all out!

I’m definitely going to @ you when I get the next one set up. Trying to refine a few things first and make updating easier so it will be easier to be more detailed with my busy schedule.

You did a great job brother! I just handed you the ball, you ran with it and did the work successfully. You’ve got the patience and open mind, you’ll do great work. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Lootz in the local dispensaries in a few years 😂

When it comes to drying, keep your temps below 68 and your RH around 60 (the temp is more important than the rh but they’re both pretty important) to preserve as many terpenes and flavonoids as possible. Low and slow will get you the best result. Certain terpenes begin to breakdown above 68 and low rh will cause the outside of your buds to dry faster than the inside. Don’t rush your dry and cure. This is where great product becomes legendary or turns to crap fast if you cut corners.

Thank you! I’m just always trying to learn. It doesn’t even have to be about cannabis.
I just try to learn as much as I can about anything that I’m spending my limited time on earth doing, and try to do it to the best of my abilities.
If someone is willing to help me out I’m willing to take it. Especially when their knowledge is based on factual science that I can look up myself as well given to me in a way that I can understand.
That’s free game and the game ain’t free so I appreciate you and everyone really who takes the time to spread their knowledge and experience to people for free!

As far as the drying and curing I’m doing the best I can to maintain those parameters but with the grows all lined up next to each other at various stages and methods it’s been easier to maintain the garage at a set parameter and do my best to maintain each one individually as close to what I need as I can.

I think as it gets warmer and thankfully drier outside my addition of a swamp cooler will help to balance everything a little bit more as I transition to “summer mode”

It’s all a learning process tho especially with this first grow if it does get to be too difficult in the tents I’m prepared to get tubs and dry in those to give me more control of a smaller space.
Again all a learning process and we’ll adjust as we go.
Hopefully the end results continue to get better as we grow!

Beautiful work Loots! You came back strong! What's next?
Thanks stone! My list isn’t as impressive as yours but another successful grow and another finish journal to add to my resume 😂

As far as what’s next…. LOS soil beds!
Here’s a sneak peak into my next journal.

443041C9-436E-483E-8B40-2649B3CF981B.jpeg

I have a 2x4 bed pictured here and then when the SIPS finish out in a couple weeks I have a 3x3 bed to transition to in that tent as well.

Hope to have everyone follow along with that I’m so excited to get it started but I’m not trying to rush anything.

I have 3 clones of PBK that I will be starting in there as soon as the soil is ready.

Thank you! I’m just always trying to learn. It doesn’t even have to be about cannabis.
I just try to learn as much as I can about anything that I’m spending my limited time on earth doing, and try to do it to the best of my abilities.
If someone is willing to help me out I’m willing to take it. Especially when their knowledge is based on factual science that I can look up myself as well given to me in a way that I can understand.
That’s free game and the game ain’t free so I appreciate you and everyone really who takes the time to spread their knowledge and experience to people for free!

lol it’s like listening to myself, wild. I’m the same way. One of the best lessons I was taught young was “you’ve got 2 eyes, 2 ears, and one mouth, which means you should be looking and listening twice as much as you’re speaking”. The original quote was a Greek philosopher named Epictetus who said “We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak” but you know how OGs like to put their own little spins on it lol.

I’ve been lucky enough to have enough old heads see something in me that they’d put me on knowledge about whatever so I’ve always had this mentality that if someone is willing to listen, it only makes all of us better sharing that knowledge. Eventually you’ll see things I won’t and be able to think about things I won’t even consider, then we’re all benefitting.

People talk about thumbs, or monogamy, or religion being the reason we’re at the top of the food chain, but that’s not it. It’s our ability to learn something, then pass that knowledge on and down to future generations.

As far as the drying and curing I’m doing the best I can to maintain those parameters but with the grows all lined up next to each other at various stages and methods it’s been easier to maintain the garage at a set parameter and do my best to maintain each one individually as close to what I need as I can.

I think as it gets warmer and thankfully drier outside my addition of a swamp cooler will help to balance everything a little bit more as I transition to “summer mode”

It’s all a learning process tho especially with this first grow if it does get to be too difficult in the tents I’m prepared to get tubs and dry in those to give me more control of a smaller space.
Again all a learning process and we’ll adjust as we go.
Hopefully the end results continue to get better as we grow!

I’m in a similar situation. It’s easy to dry and cure when it’s just a single harvest and I can use my room. Now though I’m trying to figure out the best way to keep it all flowing. Veg, flower, dry, cure all at the same time. Veg flower and cure are simple, it’s the dry that’s sticking me up.

Back
Top Bottom