Welcome Back!​

0BE32DED-6C24-4800-B2F9-D53A26923A36.jpeg

How awesome is it that this is the pitcher I mix up my nutrients in :rofl:

@Azimuth can we start a SIPCLUB slogan?! I vote it be this! It's a little too accurate!

The amount of effort put into Suzanne compared to the rest of the garden is crazy!
I'd wager I'm triggering @Grand Daddy Black's "lazy meter" from here and throwing his readings off!
It's hard to explain, but although I'm mixing up twice as much water for her and feeding her twice as often.
I'm doing half the work involved with growing a plant. :laughtwo: With twice the results to boot! :rofl:

If it wasn't obvious tho I can't get enough of these things! It almost makes it TOO easy and that worries me.
Are SIPs the Dall-E2 or ChatGPT equivalent?! :laughtwo:
Will they soon start advertising us machines that the only input we as humans have is to select a seed and come back in 4 months? 2 months? 1 week? INSTANT WEED MACHINES?!
The future sounds LIT AF! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Today is Day 47 from seed for Suzanne. We are almost there!
Sunday she will be going into flower along with the other plants in the 2x4!

2CA27A19-7E7A-489E-A81D-4A21F003CCBF.jpeg

She has not grown much vertically too much due to the LST thankfully. Her canopy is incredibly dense.
Some growth will have to be removed. It's hard to know what I should take so I've been hesitant.
I think I'm stuck in the awe phase; I just want to look at her and it's hard to hurt her she looks so good!

96FCBA85-3158-4297-8437-F689494358CA.jpeg

I may be forced to do it tonight tho as we are flipping to flower Sunday. Time is of the essence!

The entire garden was needing water. Suzanne was completely dry... again.
I gave her 1/2 a gallon of full-strength nutrients into the soil. Then I filled her res. with Cal/mag water PH to 6.3.
Today when I opened the tent, I noticed half the res was gone!
Normally I would let her go until she is dry before adding water again. Today tho I needed some Cal/mag water for a new addition to the garden.
So, I filled her up with 1/2 a gal of Cal/mag PH to 6.25

WAIT?!

I realized while typing this I have TWO little ones to introduce to you! I told you things are moving along!

I accidentally "topped" or just snapped the top branch of the Purple Gorilla Cookies 1 on 12/26/22
She went into the cloning bucket and was rooted 1/7/23.
Totaling 12 days in the cloning bucket.
She went into her SIP straight from RR on 1/9/23
BBDAA8C1-F499-4F8D-865A-9CEE3C332F59.jpeg

She went into 1 of 3 new gro bucket inserts. This brings our total SIP count to 6, with 4 currently in use.

IF I don't go the organic soil bed route with the garden, I will get another 6 more inserts.
This way I can start and finish in SIP's and have enough to always have the next round ready to go.
But I'm getting ahead of myself here because as of today...
C14048C4-9642-402B-BCB9-801FA52FB3AB.jpeg

This PGC 1 is 1 of 2 cloned on 1/3/23
I noticed those roots today! 1/12/23 (Yesterday there was not a single root visible!)
Totaling 9 days in the cloning bucket.
She unlike her sister went into a 1-gal plastic pot. I watered her in with Cal/mag at 6.25 PH

The plan is for anything in a SIP to go to flower; anything in a plastic pot will be kept as a mother.
I have 2 more inserts left so this means this SIP grow has now taken shape.

It will feature.
  1. (2) PBK 1 in a SIP
  2. (1) PBK 1 in 3gal plastic pot for comparison
  3. (1) PBK 2 in a sip (awaiting roots)
  4. (1) PGC 1 in a sip
  5. (1) PGC 2 in a sip (awaiting roots)
This gives us 2 grows with these genetics. We'll also have seen everything in a plastic pot (2x4 grow) as well as in SIP's here. This should give us a good idea of what genetics to keep around and which ones to move on from.
I may flower the mothers out at that point, again too far ahead sorry!

A major idea I was hoping to shed some light on for the community with this journal and my experience.

Does cloning in a water method like my dwc bucket cloner and a RR help to skip the transition period.
What is the difference in growth between the 2?

As I showed before the clones were all showing roots at around the same time.
I did my best to keep it as fair as possible since the roots were at different stages.
The clone with the best root system had used a lot of her leaves, she should have been transplanted a day sooner.
I put her into the plastic pot, the second-best roots I put into the SIP and so on and so forth.
2 in SIPs, 2 in plastic pots and the SIPs arguably had the smallest root systems to help balance the fight a bit.

Again, I can sit here and describe word for word what I've observed, or I can just show you...

C027A088-A832-4D0D-AE5F-08DB3B40D560.jpeg

Everything is in LUSH soil, and nothing has been fed except Cal/mag at 6.3 PH.
The SIPs are filled when empty. The plastic pots are watered as normal, to establish a wet/dry cycle.
All the plants when transplanting took a day or 2 for growth to begin. The SIPS per usual just took off!

The cool thing about taking clones as early as possible is that you get clones that have not matured, and growth has not begun to stagger.
In this case its "almost" like hitting the rest button and getting a second chance at training the symmetrical growth.
The way its "NOT" the same is that the node tightness is still that of a mature plant, so you get a tiny plant that looks like it was hit with a shrink ray :laughtwo: AT FIRST

89929BDF-10A0-41C8-8593-B235069DDAA2.jpeg

I've tried my best to keep things as "fair" as possible. There's only so much you can do as a ref when the fighters aren't in the same weight class :laughtwo:

B74D989B-3059-4C80-8BAA-BD845BCCC666.jpeg

I still have more clones to continue monitoring and see if we can replicate the results.
The PGC 1 SIP now has its 1-Gal counterpart to compare with.
We'll document and follow the progress of the PBK2 and PGC2. If the results are the same across 4 strains with clones I will be convinced and will be forced to say there is no transition period starting from a water cloning method like a RR.
Results so far as you can see tho look very promising!

image.jpg

I think that might bring us up to speed.
Looking back at my new notebook (I'm being so extra with it Ill show pics of it when it gets right :laughtwo:)

I dont think I missed anything!
If you read through all that THANK YOU for your time and as always thank you for stopping by!

80659A66-DDB4-4967-85BE-4F08380A7636.jpeg

Had a big fungus gnat issue myself. Mosquito dunks/bits killed 90% sticky traps worked well with it. But I had to know they were dead, so I flushed with 4% peroxide mixed with 2gal water. Nothing since.
Thank you! Unfortunately, it was Suzannes DIY SIP there's a gnat or 2 now but they are so unnoticeable now I forgot we were even struggling with them as bad as we were!

Thank you for stopping by and catching up I appreciate your time!

Welcome Back!​

0BE32DED-6C24-4800-B2F9-D53A26923A36.jpeg

How awesome is it that this is the pitcher I mix up my nutrients in :rofl:

@Azimuth can we start a SIPCLUB slogan?! I vote it be this! It's a little too accurate!

The amount of effort put into Suzanne compared to the rest of the garden is crazy!
I'd wager I'm triggering @Grand Daddy Black's "lazy meter" from here and throwing his readings off!
It's hard to explain, but although I'm mixing up twice as much water for her and feeding her twice as often.
I'm doing half the work involved with growing a plant. :laughtwo: With twice the results to boot! :rofl:

If it wasn't obvious tho I can't get enough of these things! It almost makes it TOO easy and that worries me.
Are SIPs the Dall-E2 or ChatGPT equivalent?! :laughtwo:
Will they soon start advertising us machines that the only input we as humans have is to select a seed and come back in 4 months? 2 months? 1 week? INSTANT WEED MACHINES?!
The future sounds LIT AF! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Today is Day 47 from seed for Suzanne. We are almost there!
Sunday she will be going into flower along with the other plants in the 2x4!

2CA27A19-7E7A-489E-A81D-4A21F003CCBF.jpeg

She has not grown much vertically too much due to the LST thankfully. Her canopy is incredibly dense.
Some growth will have to be removed. It's hard to know what I should take so I've been hesitant.
I think I'm stuck in the awe phase; I just want to look at her and it's hard to hurt her she looks so good!

96FCBA85-3158-4297-8437-F689494358CA.jpeg

I may be forced to do it tonight tho as we are flipping to flower Sunday. Time is of the essence!

The entire garden was needing water. Suzanne was completely dry... again.
I gave her 1/2 a gallon of full-strength nutrients into the soil. Then I filled her res. with Cal/mag water PH to 6.3.
Today when I opened the tent, I noticed half the res was gone!
Normally I would let her go until she is dry before adding water again. Today tho I needed some Cal/mag water for a new addition to the garden.
So, I filled her up with 1/2 a gal of Cal/mag PH to 6.25

WAIT?!

I realized while typing this I have TWO little ones to introduce to you! I told you things are moving along!

I accidentally "topped" or just snapped the top branch of the Purple Gorilla Cookies 1 on 12/26/22
BBDAA8C1-F499-4F8D-865A-9CEE3C332F59.jpeg

She went into 1 of 3 new gro bucket inserts. This brings our total SIP count to 6, with 4 currently in use.

IF I don't go the organic soil bed route with the garden, I will get another 6 more inserts.
This way I can start and finish in SIP's and have enough to always have the next round ready to go.
But I'm getting ahead of myself here because as of today...
C14048C4-9642-402B-BCB9-801FA52FB3AB.jpeg

This PGC 1 is 1 of 2 cloned on 1/3/23
I noticed those roots today! 1/12/23 (Yesterday there was not a single root visible!)
Totaling 9 days in the cloning bucket.
She unlike her sister went into a 1-gal plastic pot. I watered her in with Cal/mag at 6.25 PH

The plan is for anything in a SIP to go to flower; anything in a plastic pot will be kept as a mother.
I have 2 more inserts left so this means this SIP grow has now taken shape.

It will feature.
  1. (2) PBK 1 in a SIP
  2. (1) PBK 1 in 3gal plastic pot for comparison
  3. (1) PBK 2 in a sip (awaiting roots)
  4. (1) PGC 1 in a sip
  5. (1) PGC 2 in a sip (awaiting roots)
This gives us 2 grows with these genetics. We'll also have seen everything in a plastic pot (2x4 grow) as well as in SIP's here. This should give us a good idea of what genetics to keep around and which ones to move on from.
I may flower the mothers out at that point, again too far ahead sorry!

A major idea I was hoping to shed some light on for the community with this journal and my experience.

Does cloning in a water method like my dwc bucket cloner and a RR help to skip the transition period.
What is the difference in growth between the 2?

As I showed before the clones were all showing roots at around the same time.
I did my best to keep it as fair as possible since the roots were at different stages.
The clone with the best root system had used a lot of her leaves, she should have been transplanted a day sooner.
I put her into the plastic pot, the second-best roots I put into the SIP and so on and so forth.
2 in SIPs, 2 in plastic pots and the SIPs arguably had the smallest root systems to help balance the fight a bit.

Again, I can sit here and describe word for word what I've observed, or I can just show you...

C027A088-A832-4D0D-AE5F-08DB3B40D560.jpeg

Everything is in LUSH soil, and nothing has been fed except Cal/mag at 6.3 PH.
The SIPs are filled when empty. The plastic pots are watered as normal, to establish a wet/dry cycle.
All the plants when transplanting took a day or 2 for growth to begin. The SIPS per usual just took off!

The cool thing about taking clones as early as possible is that you get clones that have not matured, and growth has not begun to stagger.
In this case its "almost" like hitting the rest button and getting a second chance at training the symmetrical growth.
The way its "NOT" the same is that the node tightness is still that of a mature plant, so you get a tiny plant that looks like it was hit with a shrink ray :laughtwo: AT FIRST

89929BDF-10A0-41C8-8593-B235069DDAA2.jpeg

I've tried my best to keep things as "fair" as possible. There's only so much you can do as a ref when the fighters aren't in the same weight class :laughtwo:

B74D989B-3059-4C80-8BAA-BD845BCCC666.jpeg

I still have more clones to continue monitoring and see if we can replicate the results.
The PGC 1 SIP now has its 1-Gal counterpart to compare with.
We'll document and follow the progress of the PBK2 and PGC2. If the results are the same across 4 strains with clones I will be convinced and will be forced to say there is no transition period starting from a water cloning method like a RR.
Results so far as you can see tho look very promising!

image.jpg

I think that might bring us up to speed.
Looking back at my new notebook (I'm being so extra with it Ill show pics of it when it gets right :laughtwo:)

I dont think I missed anything!
If you read through all that THANK YOU for your time and as always thank you for stopping by!

80659A66-DDB4-4967-85BE-4F08380A7636.jpeg
Hello, your garden looks great.

Love that pitcher! But what's with the drawing of the lounge chair and the drink? Should have a 5 gallon bucket instead. I get that SIPing  could have an alternate meaning, but come on! It's primary meaning should be ours!
:laughtwo:

Watching the results of your side by side with interest. I've got some cuts in a bubble mist cloner now that I'm hoping to root and plan to see if that gives similar results to yours regarding the no pause stage.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. :thanks:

Love that pitcher! But what's with the drawing of the lounge chair and the drink? Should have a 5 gallon bucket instead. I get that SIPing  could have an alternate meaning, but come on! It's primary meaning should be ours!
:laughtwo:

Watching the results of your side by side with interest. I've got some cuts in a bubble mist cloner now that I'm hoping to root and plan to see if that gives similar results to yours regarding the no pause stage.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. :thanks:
This pitcher is so old this is how it was purchased lord knows how long ago.
I needed a pitcher to mix nutrients more easily.
This was the one we grabbed out the cabinet not realizing what it said on it until after we were 6 Gro bucket inserts deep :rofl:
We just thought it was funny that with all this talk of SIPs and we’ve been using a pitcher with this on the side of it the whole time.
The fact that SIPs are much easier makes it even better!

As for the results of the side by side so far there was more of a “transition” for the plastic pots than the SIPs if anything.
The size difference alone speaks for the fact that if there was a transition period which usually last 2 weeks from transplant into a sip it was either very very short or nonexistent at all. Especially since those pictures are from 16 days from roots I believe?

I’m going with the latter but we have 3 more SIPs to watch closely and come to a more definitive answer

These plants do look beautiful bro and their a lovely shape! As you don't know how they going to grow over the next two weeks you could always leave them be.. defoliate after stretch then on your clones you will know exactly what you want gone before flip or even decide on a different training strategy.

Congratulations on the new girls 😂 you know my thoughts on the cloning bucket! I cant wait to get one made for myself! I need these results 😂

And this 👌🏼 pictures speak a thousand words and the sips have shown great evidence though this journal that they mean business.. a second method this journal has mad me want to explore! When my wife asks why have I got so much bud I'll say blame lootz 😂😂

It's almost time they pull out their pistols! 🔫🔫🔫 😎

You're knocking it out of the park with your lush plants Lootz!

One could easily assume that you're quite fond of SIPs! 🤓

My apologies for such a long intermission.

It's been very busy and updates for this journal have been almost impossible. As I've said in my other journal, tho updates have been scarce the work being done has not been shorted by any means!

Looking at where we were at the last update it blows my mind to see the progress.
It makes me really question where does the time go?!
I'm a little bummed that I wasn't able to update as much as I would have liked.
Although things have been on what has seemed like cruise control!
I don't even know where to start :rofl:

Let's start with the equipment. Since the last update I purchased a bunch of equipment for the room as a whole.
For this tent specifically tho there have been the most significant upgrades.

Here's a list of what's changed.
  • A new 4x3 from ACI
  • 2 XS2000
  • 3 GroBuckets
  • Scrog net
  • Exhale bag
I also added a dehumidifier, but it sits outside the tent on its own controller to remove humidity from the room and effects all 3 tents at once.

When I last updated, I had (2) PBK 1 and (1) PGC 1 in SIP's.
Since then, I added (1) PBK 2 and (1) PGC 2 both in SIP's as well.
I also had a Coffee Crisps that I started from seed with the plants in my Lootz Returns journal.
It had issues early on and so I moved it out of the 2x4 and nursed her back to health, along the way I transplanted her from a 3g to a 5g plastic pot. It is the only non-SIP in this tent.
I didn't want to slow her down with a SIP transition and risk her being too far behind the others. Giving her a bigger 5g was out of necessity at that point tho I kinda wish I would have just put her in the SIP.

Once everything was in its final pots tho it began to get a little crowded. I installed the scrog net to keep the canopy even, but it was obvious I was still short on power. That prompted the XS2000's and allowed me to move the COBs to the new 2x3 ACI tent to veg in.

5CCA534B-B1A9-46F6-BC2B-371195B52279.jpeg

Scrog is probably my favorite method to grow with. It has always just made the most sense to me and I've always gotten banging results with it.
Next time I will ensure all the plants going under the net are around the same age to avoid the unevenness that this canopy has or the holes that it does. But considering that it was decided on at the last possible moment and it's evolved as we've grown I'm pretty satisfied with it overall.

These first couple grows are to dial everything back in and this is no different. Next run we will adjust accordingly.
although I don't know that I'll ever not veg too long :rofl::bongrip:

These SIPS are full of Roots organic lush soil. It did a very good job of allowing water only. (In my case water and cal/mag) coupled with the SIP and it made me almost have nothing to do in the tent for a while!
They were however fed 2/11 with full strength Veg week 4.
Originally the plan was to do a SIP side by side with plastic pots for comparison.
It was clear early on that SIPs were going to steal the show and outpace the plastic pots.

Throughout veg in this tent I watched all the plants closely and compared result to the mothers.
This led me to making the decision to Cull my mothers of PGC 1 and PBK 2
This will be the last run for them.

The PGC 1 is such a weak and finnicky phenotype. It will not accept any form of LST. The moment you make the decision to bend her she snaps before even touching her. It's become my least favorite strain across my 3 tents.
The PBK 2 seems like a decent phenotype but is just very runty and compared to PBK 1 Suzanne. She hasn't given me any issues other than being "too" small.

3D059B67-ED61-4079-AE0C-7BDB67E48E41.jpeg

I chose to thin out what genetics I'm keeping based on what the strains have shown me thus far since Nov.
This allows me more room to drop more seeds and try new strains.
Although cloning has its benefits, I feel like it limits the variety and I have the room to spice it up!
I will utilize cloning to keep a strain around for at least 2 rounds. If it hasn't totally impressed me, I will drop another seed and try something new.

While cutting them down I decided to take 1 of the PBK 1 mothers and completely clone her out. I took every branch and cut the best clones I could.
I filled up 16 spots in the Aerocloner.
The plan is for them to be the next round. Obviously not all of them will be kept, Ill choose the best ones to go into flower with and be a new mother to keep the PBK1 around.
The PGC 2 will also be kept around and when she is big enough, I will take clones of her as well to repeat the same life cycle.

34338370-A306-4132-8212-08B0E2D03B74.jpeg

6874AAB2-1EAD-498C-B1A3-16E9EBAF8CE4.jpeg

These 2 strains will be a constant in the grow, and we will add variety here and there.

Speaking of variety and the need for space I dropped 2 new seeds 2/11 and they were above ground 2/15.
They went into SIP's the moment they poked their heads above ground!

They went into the Veg tent and will hopefully be ready to replace what is in the 2x4 tent in about 6 weeks or so.

Now back to present day and THIS grow we are currently 6 days in 12/12. The lights went off at 7 pm the night of the Superbowl.
I decided looking at the 2x4 that I won't count flowering until I see the first signs of flowers. Hopefully this allows us to feed & track more accurately.
Also, I will be giving them 1 more week 4 Veg feeding before starting with flower nutrients.
All of these strains are heavy feeders in flower so this time I want to make sure they have more than enough going in.

45F4A75C-72C0-4DC8-A159-52268A411710.jpeg

I haven't done much tucking since the flip. The canopy has been pretty even but through the stretch I do anticipate there to be a little bit of uneven spots due to genetics. I'm hoping that because things are so weaved between the net it will allow for the canopy to stay spaced out.
This is why I decided to thin out the variation in the genetics I was keeping around so that as we dial it in these little details are more predictable and controllable.
So far tho I'm pretty happy with the results and excited to see the bud sites forming there's going to be a ton of them and all getting even light for the most part!

BF354673-AC1A-4389-9607-47479A5C1A71.jpeg

I did a MAJOR defoil 2/16 It was long overdue! I did one a couple of weeks ago as well. I will do at least one more at week 2 since the flip and possibly another one just before week 3 from the flip or week 1 of flower.
At that point I will leave them be and let the buds stack. Only taking leaves if absolutely necessary.

FDBA27C6-0079-4B74-8D4C-3EAFAB3DA0AC.jpeg

00A77E28-1862-4E0E-9707-4B43A0AD7AAD.jpeg

The exhale bag I put in the tent is about fully colonized and I would guess that we'll be hitting peak CO2 throughout this entire flower period. So that exciting paired with the incredible par I can get with the Vipars I'm looking forward to seeing this round of flower!
I hung the bag from a ratchet hanger and made sure the vent hole was above the tops of the buckets but below the canopy.

489D9528-95D5-4A8B-B742-6C0752A2458E.jpeg

I adjusted the inline so that it lets temps climb a bit but venting out any excess humidity. Temp targets are now 79*-82*F and even that is a little hard right now so that's encouraging for future grows when it does get scorching out.
With humidity targets between 40%-50%. Despite how crowded it's been that hasn't been a hard target to achieve so that too is encouraging as well.

Outside of that I feel like were going strong into flower and soon to be on cruise control watching frosty buds!

04306943-00BE-4F05-9CA0-5E800A520A57.jpeg

My apologies for the gaps but going forward Fridays are my new weekly update days as I'm off. So updates will be weekly now at the very least!
Thank you as always for your time and stay frosty 420 :rofl:

My apologies for such a long intermission.

It's been very busy and updates for this journal have been almost impossible. As I've said in my other journal, tho updates have been scarce the work being done has not been shorted by any means!

Looking at where we were at the last update it blows my mind to see the progress.
It makes me really question where does the time go?!
I'm a little bummed that I wasn't able to update as much as I would have liked.
Although things have been on what has seemed like cruise control!
I don't even know where to start :rofl:

Let's start with the equipment. Since the last update I purchased a bunch of equipment for the room as a whole.
For this tent specifically tho there have been the most significant upgrades.

Here's a list of what's changed.
  • A new 4x3 from ACI
  • 2 XS2000
  • 3 GroBuckets
  • Scrog net
  • Exhale bag
I also added a dehumidifier, but it sits outside the tent on its own controller to remove humidity from the room and effects all 3 tents at once.

When I last updated, I had (2) PBK 1 and (1) PGC 1 in SIP's.
Since then, I added (1) PBK 2 and (1) PGC 2 both in SIP's as well.
I also had a Coffee Crisps that I started from seed with the plants in my Lootz Returns journal.
It had issues early on and so I moved it out of the 2x4 and nursed her back to health, along the way I transplanted her from a 3g to a 5g plastic pot. It is the only non-SIP in this tent.
I didn't want to slow her down with a SIP transition and risk her being too far behind the others. Giving her a bigger 5g was out of necessity at that point tho I kinda wish I would have just put her in the SIP.

Once everything was in its final pots tho it began to get a little crowded. I installed the scrog net to keep the canopy even, but it was obvious I was still short on power. That prompted the XS2000's and allowed me to move the COBs to the new 2x3 ACI tent to veg in.

5CCA534B-B1A9-46F6-BC2B-371195B52279.jpeg

Scrog is probably my favorite method to grow with. It has always just made the most sense to me and I've always gotten banging results with it.
Next time I will ensure all the plants going under the net are around the same age to avoid the unevenness that this canopy has or the holes that it does. But considering that it was decided on at the last possible moment and it's evolved as we've grown I'm pretty satisfied with it overall.

These first couple grows are to dial everything back in and this is no different. Next run we will adjust accordingly.
although I don't know that I'll ever not veg too long :rofl::bongrip:

These SIPS are full of Roots organic lush soil. It did a very good job of allowing water only. (In my case water and cal/mag) coupled with the SIP and it made me almost have nothing to do in the tent for a while!
They were however fed 2/11 with full strength Veg week 4.
Originally the plan was to do a SIP side by side with plastic pots for comparison.
It was clear early on that SIPs were going to steal the show and outpace the plastic pots.

Throughout veg in this tent I watched all the plants closely and compared result to the mothers.
This led me to making the decision to Cull my mothers of PGC 1 and PBK 2
This will be the last run for them.

The PGC 1 is such a weak and finnicky phenotype. It will not accept any form of LST. The moment you make the decision to bend her she snaps before even touching her. It's become my least favorite strain across my 3 tents.
The PBK 2 seems like a decent phenotype but is just very runty and compared to PBK 1 Suzanne. She hasn't given me any issues other than being "too" small.

3D059B67-ED61-4079-AE0C-7BDB67E48E41.jpeg

I chose to thin out what genetics I'm keeping based on what the strains have shown me thus far since Nov.
This allows me more room to drop more seeds and try new strains.
Although cloning has its benefits, I feel like it limits the variety and I have the room to spice it up!
I will utilize cloning to keep a strain around for at least 2 rounds. If it hasn't totally impressed me, I will drop another seed and try something new.

While cutting them down I decided to take 1 of the PBK 1 mothers and completely clone her out. I took every branch and cut the best clones I could.
I filled up 16 spots in the Aerocloner.
The plan is for them to be the next round. Obviously not all of them will be kept, Ill choose the best ones to go into flower with and be a new mother to keep the PBK1 around.
The PGC 2 will also be kept around and when she is big enough, I will take clones of her as well to repeat the same life cycle.

34338370-A306-4132-8212-08B0E2D03B74.jpeg

6874AAB2-1EAD-498C-B1A3-16E9EBAF8CE4.jpeg

These 2 strains will be a constant in the grow, and we will add variety here and there.

Speaking of variety and the need for space I dropped 2 new seeds 2/11 and they were above ground 2/15.
They went into SIP's the moment they poked their heads above ground!

They went into the Veg tent and will hopefully be ready to replace what is in the 2x4 tent in about 6 weeks or so.

Now back to present day and THIS grow we are currently 6 days in 12/12. The lights went off at 7 pm the night of the Superbowl.
I decided looking at the 2x4 that I won't count flowering until I see the first signs of flowers. Hopefully this allows us to feed & track more accurately.
Also, I will be giving them 1 more week 4 Veg feeding before starting with flower nutrients.
All of these strains are heavy feeders in flower so this time I want to make sure they have more than enough going in.

45F4A75C-72C0-4DC8-A159-52268A411710.jpeg

I haven't done much tucking since the flip. The canopy has been pretty even but through the stretch I do anticipate there to be a little bit of uneven spots due to genetics. I'm hoping that because things are so weaved between the net it will allow for the canopy to stay spaced out.
This is why I decided to thin out the variation in the genetics I was keeping around so that as we dial it in these little details are more predictable and controllable.
So far tho I'm pretty happy with the results and excited to see the bud sites forming there's going to be a ton of them and all getting even light for the most part!

BF354673-AC1A-4389-9607-47479A5C1A71.jpeg

I did a MAJOR defoil 2/16 It was long overdue! I did one a couple of weeks ago as well. I will do at least one more at week 2 since the flip and possibly another one just before week 3 from the flip or week 1 of flower.
At that point I will leave them be and let the buds stack. Only taking leaves if absolutely necessary.

FDBA27C6-0079-4B74-8D4C-3EAFAB3DA0AC.jpeg

00A77E28-1862-4E0E-9707-4B43A0AD7AAD.jpeg

The exhale bag I put in the tent is about fully colonized and I would guess that we'll be hitting peak CO2 throughout this entire flower period. So that exciting paired with the incredible par I can get with the Vipars I'm looking forward to seeing this round of flower!
I hung the bag from a ratchet hanger and made sure the vent hole was above the tops of the buckets but below the canopy.

489D9528-95D5-4A8B-B742-6C0752A2458E.jpeg

I adjusted the inline so that it lets temps climb a bit but venting out any excess humidity. Temp targets are now 79*-82*F and even that is a little hard right now so that's encouraging for future grows when it does get scorching out.
With humidity targets between 40%-50%. Despite how crowded it's been that hasn't been a hard target to achieve so that too is encouraging as well.

Outside of that I feel like were going strong into flower and soon to be on cruise control watching frosty buds!

04306943-00BE-4F05-9CA0-5E800A520A57.jpeg

My apologies for the gaps but going forward Fridays are my new weekly update days as I'm off. So updates will be weekly now at the very least!
Thank you as always for your time and stay frosty 420 :rofl:
Still looking good bro.. all your tents look healthy AF. Your new Vipars look sweet! Loads of juice for the space, Are they a new model? as I think they look slightly different to mine.
I'm doing kind of similar to you bro my mother's will only be kept for a couple of rounds now but wil always have spare seeds incase I really like the strain then il just germinate a new temp mother. Hopefully it works well.

Still looking good bro.. all your tents look healthy AF. Your new Vipars look sweet! Loads of juice for the space, Are they a new model? as I think they look slightly different to mine.
I'm doing kind of similar to you bro my mother's will only be kept for a couple of rounds now but wil always have spare seeds incase I really like the strain then il just germinate a new temp mother. Hopefully it works well.
Thank you brother! Yes they are the 2023 model.
It may have been unnecessary but I made sure to order from vipar through the sponsor page.
I wasn’t sure if Amazon had the newer ‘23 models (tho I’m sure they did and I could’ve gotten a far better price)
but to be safe and not fall victim to an Zon bot selling old models I ordered direct.
They are absolutely amazing they are very powerful and in this space it’s MORE than enough!

Yea I realized at the current rate of cloning everything I would’ve never gotten to the new seeds that I have waiting but it’s official now the variety has been added!
Awesome they look very healthy, I also flipped super Sunday 😊. Will be cool to watch, 👍👍
Thank you! I find flipping in sundays just makes it sooooooooo much easier to keep track 😂
I’ll definitely be watching yours as well to compare plants the same age.
Didn’t you win a new light for Xmas? Which one was it again? Vipar?
The experience you’ve clearly gained since you started your first journal will serve you well I’m looking forward to your results

Hello and Welcome Back​

EF31564D-2DDE-49ED-BE11-BF8DE59B4882.jpeg

Today at lights on will be Day 15 of 12/12
Last week they were given another Veg feeding then watered twice since then. They are emptying their reservoirs in about 24 hours.
It's pretty crazy I checked the buckets to make sure there wasn't a crack or something because it's unreal how fast they empty. :rofl:

Today at lights on they will be getting week 1 of flower nutrients at full strength according to the schedule. From there we will follow the schedule to the letter.
This delay in getting flower nutrients to them is slightly different than what I did in the 2x4 and we will see if the results are any better or different.

The stretch has been pretty consistent, and the canopy is fairly even for the most part. It's pretty consistent for a tent with 5 strains in a scrog.
going forward I will be trying to limit the variety of strains in each tent per round. For all the obvious reasons.

6515738F-DC3A-4F6C-B976-546853E7C464.jpeg

The Plants are loving the Vipars they are at 100% and about 18 inches above the plants. They adjusted to the intensity and look to be very lush under them no burning or signs of stress.

I have not tucked much at all since the flip there wasn't much room to tuck anymore again, I'm still thrilled with the results of the scrog net.

F54CB1C3-9EE0-451A-9E81-27BA010379B2.jpeg

At this point there is nothing much going on besides keeping the SIPS full and a defoil here and there.
Speaking of defoiling. I did one just before flower and I did another one after a week in 12/12.
I will do a final defoil today when I feed them. That will be the final one before we go full into flower.

The buds have started to develop, and the stretch seems to have slowed down but based on the previous run in the 2x4 I think we have a few more days until they stack the last few nodes.

A0B497D5-77BD-46A5-A24D-23CFD0023AAA.jpeg

8EB0C965-F745-42FF-9D27-555A9D169429.jpeg

This coffee crisps hasn't stretched nearly as much as the previous one which gives me hope for future runs of it.

E7EC7A9C-1F68-44F2-BFEC-49C301AE20BD.jpeg

Also, a quick look at the mothers and Veg tent and things are coming along in there as well.
The clones in the aerocloner look like a few may have roots popping anytime, and the mothers have been putting on plenty of growth for us to clone in the future if they don't.
If I don't get roots for them soon, I will be going back to my DWC style bucket with rapid rooters, I got 100% success rate effortlessly with it.

4D6A7CC0-BCB5-4992-B1FA-3FFE9E01245D.jpeg

The seeds I started and put into SIPs are too making progress. They don't move as slow when you have plenty of other plants at various stages to play with. Go figure! :laughtwo:

95C33F9D-F34D-4E72-94A3-65965AD1B05A.jpeg

712463D7-4E8C-4E3A-B746-392CE62F42E7.jpeg

Outside of that all is well and looking very promising. I'm hoping to expand on the results of my previous run and build on that success.
How does it look?
Will this run surpass the last? Will we get the same expressions of color and smells? Only time will tell?

I will try and post updated pictures tonight in a photo dump when I get to the garden.

Thank you for your time and thanks for stopping by!

00524C9D-6DED-4FDA-9BD6-D63A590D58F1.jpeg

Thank you brother! Yes they are the 2023 model.
It may have been unnecessary but I made sure to order from vipar through the sponsor page.
I wasn’t sure if Amazon had the newer ‘23 models (tho I’m sure they did and I could’ve gotten a far better price)
but to be safe and not fall victim to an Zon bot selling old models I ordered direct.
They are absolutely amazing they are very powerful and in this space it’s MORE than enough!

Yea I realized at the current rate of cloning everything I would’ve never gotten to the new seeds that I have waiting but it’s official now the variety has been added!

Thank you! I find flipping in sundays just makes it sooooooooo much easier to keep track 😂
I’ll definitely be watching yours as well to compare plants the same age.
Didn’t you win a new light for Xmas? Which one was it again? Vipar?
The experience you’ve clearly gained since you started your first journal will serve you well I’m looking forward to your results
It's the vivosun but I have to get the smart hub to run it correctly, I should be ordering it soon, but my xs1500 is going to be hard to beat 👍👍 imo..

Hello and Welcome Back​

EF31564D-2DDE-49ED-BE11-BF8DE59B4882.jpeg

Today at lights on will be Day 15 of 12/12
Last week they were given another Veg feeding then watered twice since then. They are emptying their reservoirs in about 24 hours.
It's pretty crazy I checked the buckets to make sure there wasn't a crack or something because it's unreal how fast they empty. :rofl:

Today at lights on they will be getting week 1 of flower nutrients at full strength according to the schedule. From there we will follow the schedule to the letter.
This delay in getting flower nutrients to them is slightly different than what I did in the 2x4 and we will see if the results are any better or different.

The stretch has been pretty consistent, and the canopy is fairly even for the most part. It's pretty consistent for a tent with 5 strains in a scrog.
going forward I will be trying to limit the variety of strains in each tent per round. For all the obvious reasons.

6515738F-DC3A-4F6C-B976-546853E7C464.jpeg

The Plants are loving the Vipars they are at 100% and about 18 inches above the plants. They adjusted to the intensity and look to be very lush under them no burning or signs of stress.

I have not tucked much at all since the flip there wasn't much room to tuck anymore again, I'm still thrilled with the results of the scrog net.

F54CB1C3-9EE0-451A-9E81-27BA010379B2.jpeg

At this point there is nothing much going on besides keeping the SIPS full and a defoil here and there.
Speaking of defoiling. I did one just before flower and I did another one after a week in 12/12.
I will do a final defoil today when I feed them. That will be the final one before we go full into flower.

The buds have started to develop, and the stretch seems to have slowed down but based on the previous run in the 2x4 I think we have a few more days until they stack the last few nodes.

A0B497D5-77BD-46A5-A24D-23CFD0023AAA.jpeg

8EB0C965-F745-42FF-9D27-555A9D169429.jpeg

This coffee crisps hasn't stretched nearly as much as the previous one which gives me hope for future runs of it.

E7EC7A9C-1F68-44F2-BFEC-49C301AE20BD.jpeg

Also, a quick look at the mothers and Veg tent and things are coming along in there as well.
The clones in the aerocloner look like a few may have roots popping anytime, and the mothers have been putting on plenty of growth for us to clone in the future if they don't.
If I don't get roots for them soon, I will be going back to my DWC style bucket with rapid rooters, I got 100% success rate effortlessly with it.

4D6A7CC0-BCB5-4992-B1FA-3FFE9E01245D.jpeg

The seeds I started and put into SIPs are too making progress. They don't move as slow when you have plenty of other plants at various stages to play with. Go figure! :laughtwo:

95C33F9D-F34D-4E72-94A3-65965AD1B05A.jpeg

712463D7-4E8C-4E3A-B746-392CE62F42E7.jpeg

Outside of that all is well and looking very promising. I'm hoping to expand on the results of my previous run and build on that success.
How does it look?
Will this run surpass the last? Will we get the same expressions of color and smells? Only time will tell?

I will try and post updated pictures tonight in a photo dump when I get to the garden.

Thank you for your time and thanks for stopping by!

00524C9D-6DED-4FDA-9BD6-D63A590D58F1.jpeg
Flawless! My faverote part to growing, plants are happy ✅ training completed ✅ and a full even canopy of your flowering vision 💪🏼 now the ladies will finish the masterpiece.

🤔🤔 So you mean to tell me your ghetto cloner (DIY cloner) that you refused to trade me is better then any I'm going to buy now 🤦🏽‍♂️ 🤣🤣 you'll have to mass produce them and give me one... I'll do a grow sponsored by lootz ghetto cloners 🤣🤣🤣

Photo dump from last night day 15 of 12/12
opened the tent and it was a jungle!
DE75EA4B-BA04-4B2A-88BC-FA8614D7AA9B.jpeg

7A5236F0-B630-4AB1-A4D2-8E7BD64443DD.jpeg

8E628FD7-1B8B-4D0D-9058-20C644789D58.jpeg

Had to defoil and lollipop

34B6F7E1-09F6-4D81-B7BF-CD9E62FCA5EA.jpeg

897CD249-913F-44A9-9A3D-2E2A610FB79B.jpeg

FC9E2055-C22D-460D-A2A9-126A7FA7FE9D.jpeg

Also had to raise the lights

4C82883D-B672-4201-BDE4-2AFC23D92128.jpeg

90B55A63-FB1F-4EB9-A9E0-430A8B7FBFD8.jpeg