Wow
After seeing the garden in person tonight, I'm GEEKED!
Things are coasting! I believe I have found my rhythm.
We're pulling all the right levers at the right time and things are FULL SPEED AHEAD!
You all have been AWESOME in helping me right the ship and getting to where we are so before I ramble

THANK YOU!

I thought about spreading another gallon across the plastic pots as they were already feeling very light!
I must not have given them as much as I thought.
Remember I didn't get a runoff to my knowledge last night and I spread 1 gallon across 12 gallons of soil, so they had a tease if anything.

Then I read Azi's comment and back to keffka's...

Looked at the garden...

And said nahhhh
B5512C75-BA81-442E-81D8-37C1198E2563.jpeg

What's the rush? If they need water tomorrow, great! If they are dry by Sunday even better!
I plan on going and getting another bag of LUSH. Another 3Gal Pot. And transplanting them into their final containers before we head into flower anyway.
That is right around the corner as I've said. I've even picked out a date so long as they keep hitting the proper benchmarks I'm looking for.
Sunday 1/15/2023 will be the first of 12/12!

It gives them another week and makes keeping track of when we went into flower so much easier :rofl:

Instead of giving them water I gave them Torture 👿
Not too much just enough to bring up that lower stuff and give us more quality bud sites.
I think this was a great opportunity to really see what they are going to do after the flip.

9478FD32-FD4E-414C-84A0-006269F6D49A.jpeg

The COFFEE Crisps looks as if it will have the elongated branching with bud sites scattered along the single stems.
Not what you would expect to be a heavy yielder.

The Purple Bubba Kush and Purple Gorilla Cookies on the other hand look like winners!

2399771D-2990-4E26-AC5B-E5681FC916D9.jpeg

Tight node spacing and tons of side branching that given the opportunity to spread out and receive even light will excel!
After preemptively managing the canopy and plant sizes I realized I need to take them out and update them each
1 by 1

I wasn't too rough in bending them over, just enough to open it up get the lower stuff to come up and suggest the plant stay low. I won't be so nice in flower if they don't cooperate. I hate to resort to extreme bondage and things of the sort, but I should the need arise.
A99F7EFF-2748-4B58-934B-1F361ACB1B47.jpeg

I expect everything to be standing at attention in the morning.

D9D5D33D-F0AE-423D-B979-F8139B995C00.jpeg

Tomorrow I am Building a base for the tents, so they are not on the concrete and instead on level wood.
As of now they are on old metal shelving I had.
Bit of DIY I can document for the heck of it.

561C339C-44CF-4AEB-96BB-8A255DEE95EA.jpeg

The clones we took are all looking good. No roots yet tho I think the first accidental PGC 1 will be popping any day I've seen all the signs that its close.

CA31B336-0E6E-4AAE-BEF3-9B69D0C461BE.jpeg

Happy grower at the moment! Fingers crossed or "holding thumbs" as @Carmen Ray says that things continue on this steady trajectory.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate ALL input so please don't hesitate
Thank you for stopping by!

FF48B3AF-1030-43F4-A329-B080C46D8FC7.jpeg
Wow looks amazing 🤩 I love how they are looking so happy 😊.. fine grow 👍👍💚💚

Excellent supercropping job! Holding thumbs it is all smooth sailing. It looks like you're good to steer them home ;)
Thank you @Carmen Ray
🙏
@Azimuth always explains overwatering better than I do, I assume it’s his familiarity with the SIPs, I forget to mention the oxygen even though my favorite part of watering is listening to the air lol.
Both of you are so valuable and your participation on my journal has made it what it is!

I told my friend to listen to the air as we were watering and she looked at me like I was high. I mean I was, but I wasn't CRAZY!
Lootz you’ve got the mindset now.. to paraphrase you: “I was doubting what I did earlier and was thinking about watering and decided nah” beautiful, chefs kiss if you will.
This proved to be true last night. I will explain further in the update.
We as humans like to throw our realities and perceptions on other lifeforms (we do it to each other even when we KNOW no one could understand what we’ve been through, yet we think we get what others have been through, it’s odd).

We think “damn I can’t go that long without water, this thing must need some too” Or, “man I get really thirsty when it’s hot and humid, this thing probably would like a drink too” Wrong! That “thing” was around and evolving for millennia before we showed up. It was doing its own thing when we were still rubbing sticks together. When we were running around Africa and Asia it was still putting along doing its thing all on its own. All that time without us, now all of a sudden since we’re watching it, it now needs the tender caress of our love? Nope.

Obviously this is a fairly rough analogy and applies specifically to how we’re growing, but we’re talking about growing plants not landing on an asteroid. Plants got this, we just hand them the tools.
My Dad and I were brought to tears reading this! :laughtwo:
Your happiness and excitement is infectious.. It makes me want to run upstairs and hug my plants 😂 I can’t wait to see how it all turns out for you!
Thank you! I really do love Cannabis and growing! It feels good to know that others see it and share it with me!
Growing has such an impact on my mental health. You're seeing the results!
Also.. BRUH!! Your formatting is on point. You make me look like a child with how nice you lay out your information 🤣
Thank you! Thats my OCD your seeing :laughtwo: I really do make an effort to focus all the info scrambled in my head and put it down in a way that will be easy to follow along for everyone.
🤣🤣🤣 SAME! 🤦🏽‍♂️ I'll sort my garden first thing in morning so their set for a couple of days but after a lootz update the tents open again.
:rofl:🙏 This means a lot especially with as good as your garden looks!
You didn't zip the tents up yet, did you?
I'm kinda excited about this one I'm going to type out now.
Also when I done a update after seeing one of lootz I was like how did he change the font or styles like that or how do you put a table in.. after a smoke aswell I had no hope! This guy 🙄🤣
:rofl: I just play with the tool bar honestly... I believe you're talking about the stain reviews. That was actually just copied directly from the breeder website, so it pulled the table with it as an image, I guess?
I can't take credit for something I didn't do :laughtwo:
But I'm grateful you all find the journal to be so entertaining! I will Charlie Mike :laughtwo:
Wow

Wow looks amazing 🤩 I love how they are looking so happy 😊.. fine grow 👍👍💚💚
Thank you! They have their days, but I couldn't be happier with how things are going.

:rofl:🙏 This means a lot especially with as good as your garden looks!
thank you bud but I prefer yours 🤣 yours are at my favourite stage apart from buds obviously.. when they find their feet then start bushing out! I love bush 🤣

You didn't zip the tents up yet, did you?
I'm kinda excited about this one I'm going to type out now.
😂😂 You was to late at this point 12/12 they was fast asleep! But wouldn't be the first time I barged I'm then oh shit 🤦🏽‍♂️

Day 42 Update​

I wanted to try and type this out last night. Once you see what all took place, you'll understand why I chose to wait until today.

Today at lights on the plants will be on day 43 from seed.

As I said before, 1/15/23 will be day 1 of 12/12.
This will put us exactly 7 weeks from seed. 6 weeks of veg if you count 1 week as germ/seedling stage.

Its wild to think about how much has happened in 43 days. Not only with the grow but with life.
These plants really help to keep you grounded in the day to day, stop me from worrying so much of the future and stressing so much about the past.
Anyway....

As we prepare for flower, I wanted to make sure not only the plants were ready to support big buds but so was our environment.

I stated how we were using old shelving racks to lift the tents off the concrete. This served its purpose for a while, as we focused on other things the grow needed.
This is our last weekend of Veg and we needed to make sure we got everything as dialed in as possible, so we can leave them as uninterrupted as possible through flower.

F135A93A-9406-45DD-A066-91BA45392D46.jpeg

Took a few measurements and made a trip to the Depot. I considered just reinforcing my shelves when I saw the price of lumber:rofl: JK but Geez! I thought of so many cool upgrades I could've bought instead.
Although I have to admit this upgrade was necessary and came out pretty clean.

I won't bore you all with the complete tutorial. As I'm sure you can find much better examples of how to skin this cat.
But essentially, it's just (3) 2'x4'x12' and a bunch of 2'x4'x15" as the base and the cheapest most flat plywood I could find to give us a flat surface.
It is just a 12x3 platform and allows me to place all the tents on it with plenty of space in between each tent.

AE8B9139-67A0-4218-A15E-099B54DD99CA.jpeg

43D608EF-4F66-4555-B027-8AF0194CE98B.jpeg

In order to accomplish this, I had to remove the plants from the tent, disconnect the tents and move them out of the way. With the plants out of the tent and no scrubbers running the garage was pungent!
I also took the time to realize how much the garden has grown. It's crazy until you see something from a different angle you don't realize the magnitude of something that's been right in your face the entire time!

9BE06562-EAE0-4881-96C3-E01C797643CB.jpeg

In the end tho it was worth the effort. It came out very clean and gives us flat ground to work on.
It's a miracle we have the results we do with the magic carpet of support we've been using :laughtwo:

E678EE3D-AF78-4039-A8BC-B644B07C5E4F.jpeg

Something so simple can make such a difference.

I have some scrap pieces left that I plan on making an extension piece that I can move in front of the tent I’m working on and place the plants on as well.

The 2x4 has a 1 ft edge in front of it.
The removable piece will be 1 ft as well and serve as a shelf for the other tents that go right to the edge.

The plants were very dry. The water I put in 2 days prior was GONE.

@Keffka
This is what I meant when I said I would touch on having found my rhythm.
I kinda figured they didn’t get enough water. I also had the date chosen for flipping to flower.
I knew I wanted to transplant them to 3 gal before flower and give them enough time to get comfortable before the flip so we could go into it on the trending side of things.

When I decided to back off and not give them more, this was with a bit of anticipation in mind. Knowing I would want them dry to transplant. Giving them more water the next day would have meant they wouldn’t be dry until the middle of this week and they would only have a couple of days at most to bounce back from a transplant.

I gave them just enough to hold them over and by yesterday they were dry again.

This was perfect! I purchased another bag of LUSH another 3g pot as I was 1 short and a bottle of a wetting agent called coco wet.
Apparently wetting agents are popular in the dry climate here so I was lucky to find it

I was rushing and didn’t get time to grab an aloe plant, but I do plan on it.
I plan on grabbing a few non cannabis plants to grow alongside them for when there’s not much to do.
I hate idle hands.

I transplanted the PBK2 and both PGC to 3gal pots.
Unfortunately, by the time I was doing this it was already very late, and nothing was open.
While going through the motions of a transplant I started reaching around for my mycos and remembered I used the last of it when transplanting Suzanne.
I hate that I didn’t dust the bottoms because there are proven benefits to doing so.
This entire grow the root growth has been phenomenal across the entire garden.
I credit that to going a tad overboard with the myco than I would have normally done in the past.
D7D69BF1-1AF0-4DAF-902F-86B95B348603.jpeg

365BDC25-81E5-4742-A959-9586E842BBBD.jpeg

And I still believe we can do better!
As you can see the roots took over the perlite layer, so I loosened that layer up a bit before dropping them in.
I would have loved cover those in myco! I thought about it and couldn't afford to wait for a transplant they needed water.
If it is that serious, I can buy some more and water it in later per the application directions on the side.
They were then watered in with Cal/mag PH to 6.3. I have this down to muscle memory now.
  1. Add and stir Cal/mag
  2. Smoke weed
  3. Stir again
  4. Smoke more weed
  5. 3 drops of PH up & stir
  6. Test 6.3 like clockwork
  7. Smoke again
While watering I had the thought, "I'm so glad I'm transitioning my garden to SIPs".
The length of time it takes to make sure you get it right and the pain it puts on my body to do a garden that is ever expanding is a lot.
Eventually I do want to have veggies and such and would much rather the Cannabis to be as automated as possible to ensure consistency.

Here they are lined up after transplant just before watering.
I will build the platform to allow this same effect in front of the other tents and an entire 2 feet in front of the 2x4.
This little step helps so much in getting back to the plants and having a step to support when I reach in.
836B5C13-1875-4038-9A6F-7167BEA72A1E.jpeg

I got water to the bottom of the pots and stopped it took WAY TO LONG to put into perspective how slow I went.
I really wanted to make sure I wet the entire pot and had no dry spots.
This is also why I picked up a wetting agent to make sure I was able to get full saturation since the soil was so dry and a bit hydrophobic.

After watering them, I placed them back in the tent after a long night and left them be.
They started to get that transplant overwatering droop when I peaked in before lights out. I am yet to take pictures today but don't expect them to be snapped out of it just yet.

This is also why I did this yesterday instead of waiting until 3 days before the flip.
They "should" be ready to go and drinking their pots by the time we go into flower, at which point we won't be letting the pots get so dry. So, giving them their 1st flower feeding at next feed will still be just about right.

485FC404-AFCD-4B62-98E4-A69BF5B23CCE.jpeg

The humidifer is off and will be coming out of the tent soon. After watering the humidity is kinda of high and we want to start lowering it as we go into flower anyway.
This will open but the last bit of floor space for them so they can stretch comfortably.

I have a few more pictures from last night I'm going to post up just to encapsulate all we saw last night and why were on cloud 420 as we go into this next phase.

Thank you for your time as always and thank you for stopping by!

throw a little insulation under the tent subfloor brother
I actually have some thin double sided stuff that I have laying around I could use.
Thank you

I actually have some thin double sided stuff that I have laying around I could use.
Thank you

will make a big difference. if you have foam board or fibre type just fill the spaces. looking super healthy.

Photo dump 1/7/22
287E6359-9B87-45E9-BA97-82B24E4FF80F.jpeg
8B9D4308-E958-42FE-8AEB-0B3CCCE6B7CD.jpeg
63EA9844-FDFD-4941-813E-64B911C7B966.jpeg
DD0EFAD6-5D31-427C-8FF9-1004933EEB0A.jpeg
8E0B8024-1794-4887-9703-74F6AB36CB10.jpeg
ABA1C0A4-6BCB-4F2C-8790-B2DA5BD8D0CF.jpeg
663F6D04-C3FB-4D1D-B04B-CC60C1B6BBF8.jpeg
D852F903-EBDD-4F31-A75A-2B01D6B3513F.jpeg
206BE8D1-E768-43BE-8E8C-108A8802B11E.jpeg
EDFC2AB9-A8E5-4B1E-B9A2-857D0A47A1A3.jpeg

Love the perlite on the bottom.
If you put a layer or 2 in the middle you get better root growth and nutrient uptake.
Just 2 cents.
Looks great.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Love the perlite on the bottom.
If you put a layer or 2 in the middle you get better root growth and nutrient uptake.
Just 2 cents.
Looks great.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
How thick of a layer? Do you have a how to written up somewhere?
I would be interested to test it out and do a side by side on some of the coming clones I have that won’t make it into sips

How thick of a layer? Do you have a how to written up somewhere?
I would be interested to test it out and do a side by side on some of the coming clones I have that won’t make it into sips

Here’s the link to @Bill284 journal with the process and pictures.

Everything is looking real smooth Lootz.. I’m gonna throw some more on your plate..

If you’re still going toward a water only organic grow your next step is to learn about EWC. EWC is one of the secrets to powerful organic water only grows. EWC and aeration, I prefer perlite, some like vermiculite some like to do 50/50 perlite vermiculite, and others use different things more suited to their grow like rice hulls.

EarthWorm Castings. You can purchase these if you’d like and the price isn’t horrible but.. setting up your own EWC bin comes with so many benefits. A) the cost over time is absurdly low.. You’ll only need to order one batch of worms and they’ll continue reproducing as long as your feeding them. B) all of the nutrients your plant would need can be fed to the worms. The worms will digest it and poop out your nutrients encased in calcium carbonate. C) a little used soil or heck even just some Sphagnum peat moss, some aeration and some EWC in a 7 gallon pot should and will take you from start to finish with just water if you play it right. If you notice issues, bump your pot sizes up to 10 gallons. Or you can do what I’m doing and add dry nutrients and extra carbon in layers to make up for the pot sizes.

Currently I’m gonna flower in 3 gallons myself because I want to stress the plant and learn what it looks like when problems arise. When you use 10 gallon pots with soil aeration and EWC you likely won’t have any issues at all. If you look at most established organic growers, they grow in large pots, often with cover crops. More soil means less issues (more resources for the plant) and allows the soil food web to keep humming along. Also when you go this route there will be no more wet dry cycles. You just keep the soil moist the whole grow and let the food web do it’s thing for you.

Once fully established I will only need to feed my worms Kelp meal, neem meal, and maybe one or two other food sources. They will produce the nutrients that I will then mix with recycled soil and that will be it. No more bottles. No more grow stores. I won’t need to leave my house for anything related to my grow because it will all be there making itself.

We can also reuse our Myco from these grows as well, thus stopping our myco costs as well. I’ve thrown enough at you for now though lol.

Everything is looking real smooth Lootz.. I’m gonna throw some more on your plate..

If you’re still going toward a water only organic grow your next step is to learn about EWC. EWC is one of the secrets to powerful organic water only grows. EWC and aeration, I prefer perlite, some like vermiculite some like to do 50/50 perlite vermiculite, and others use different things more suited to their grow like rice hulls.

EarthWorm Castings. You can purchase these if you’d like and the price isn’t horrible but.. setting up your own EWC bin comes with so many benefits. A) the cost over time is absurdly low.. You’ll only need to order one batch of worms and they’ll continue reproducing as long as your feeding them. B) all of the nutrients your plant would need can be fed to the worms. The worms will digest it and poop out your nutrients encased in calcium carbonate. C) a little used soil or heck even just some Sphagnum peat moss, some aeration and some EWC in a 7 gallon pot should and will take you from start to finish with just water if you play it right. If you notice issues, bump your pot sizes up to 10 gallons. Or you can do what I’m doing and add dry nutrients and extra carbon in layers to make up for the pot sizes.

Currently I’m gonna flower in 3 gallons myself because I want to stress the plant and learn what it looks like when problems arise. When you use 10 gallon pots with soil aeration and EWC you likely won’t have any issues at all. If you look at most established organic growers, they grow in large pots, often with cover crops. More soil means less issues (more resources for the plant) and allows the soil food web to keep humming along. Also when you go this route there will be no more wet dry cycles. You just keep the soil moist the whole grow and let the food web do it’s thing for you.

Once fully established I will only need to feed my worms Kelp meal, neem meal, and maybe one or two other food sources. They will produce the nutrients that I will then mix with recycled soil and that will be it. No more bottles. No more grow stores. I won’t need to leave my house for anything related to my grow because it will all be there making itself.

We can also reuse our Myco from these grows as well, thus stopping our myco costs as well. I’ve thrown enough at you for now though lol.
Indeed this is EXACTLY where the conversation should be headed!

So for that I was considering doing a soil bed.
Eventually having both tents with soil beds
2x4 and 3x3
That’s why building this base was so important because it unlocks what’s we’re able to do going forward.

No way those flimsy metal racks I had were holding up a 60 gal soil bed that’s constantly moist.
I’ve been watching the build a soul playlist on YouTube to pass the time and watching and following along how it’s done with video has been so helpful.

Then you come along right as I feel comfortable and confident in what I’ve learned, and put the very next question I have into words with explanations!
It’s kinda cool!

I have so many questions on building and maintaining a worm bin, compost pile, etc etc.
How to do it and size it practically for my space is going to be a big issue to tackle,
But first I need to know the process.

This is great that this was what you decided to throw on me because it’s exactly where my mind was already headed naturally.

The grow store I found does have a bunch of stuff to start with to get up and running before I can make and supply my own ie. Quality Compost and worm castings.

But yes the goal is to be doing all of this from home!

I have this down to muscle memory now.
  1. Add and stir Cal/mag
  2. Smoke weed
  3. Stir again
  4. Smoke more weed
  5. 3 drops of PH up & stir
  6. Test 6.3 like clockwork
  7. Smoke again
While watering I had the thought, "I'm so glad I'm transitioning my garden to SIPs".
The length of time it takes to make sure you get it right and the pain it puts on my body to do a garden that is ever expanding is a lot.
Eventually I do want to have veggies and such and would much rather the Cannabis to be as automated as possible to ensure consistency.

Looking really, really nice in here today Lootz. I have a similar routine in feeding/preparing water so I found it funny you do the same.

As for veggies take a look at the Orange Hat Tomato. I grew a bunch of these in my grow tent before I got the weed going. Super easy to hand-pollinate and I had so many tomatoes I'm not even in the mood to grow them again for a while lol. Veggies, herbs, and teas are extremely satisfying to grow on your own.

Tha
Looking really, really nice in here today Lootz. I have a similar routine in feeding/preparing water so I found it funny you do the same.

As for veggies take a look at the Orange Hat Tomato. I grew a bunch of these in my grow tent before I got the weed going. Super easy to hand-pollinate and I had so many tomatoes I'm not even in the mood to grow them again for a while lol. Veggies, herbs, and teas are extremely satisfying to grow on your own

Oh wow I thought I hit post but guess not and lost my response.

I was asking along the lines of what size pot did you use for the tomatoes
And tea?! I didn’t even think of that but that’s definitely on my list of things to grow!
Have you grown it before?

Tha

Oh wow I thought I hit post but guess not and lost my response.

I was asking along the lines of what size pot did you use for the tomatoes
And tea?! I didn’t even think of that but that’s definitely on my list of things to grow!
Have you grown it before?

3" nursery seedling cups. The same cups I'm using for my alaskan purple (the blueberries are in traditional solo cups). The tomato plants only get 6-9" tall and grew rather quickly for being tomatoes. I had maybe 8 plants all producing and honestly got tired of eating them.

I misspoke about the tea: traditional green tea (and black for that matter) I believe come from the same species of plant, which is actually a bush. It's the way you process it that makes it green or black etc. However I make my own tea mixes from lavender, mint, peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon basil, catnip, dandelion, chamomile, marjoram, etc etc. I bought a 'tea seed set' from the 'zon and had good luck germinating everything and growing it all out last season.

But as for growing traditional tea, nope. I think I looked into it and the climate sucks for it around me? I could be wrong it was a long time ago.

3" nursery seedling cups. The same cups I'm using for my alaskan purple (the blueberries are in traditional solo cups). The tomato plants only get 6-9" tall and grew rather quickly for being tomatoes. I had maybe 8 plants all producing and honestly got tired of eating them.

I misspoke about the tea: traditional green tea (and black for that matter) I believe come from the same species of plant, which is actually a bush. It's the way you process it that makes it green or black etc. However I make my own tea mixes from lavender, mint, peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon basil, catnip, dandelion, chamomile, marjoram, etc etc. I bought a 'tea seed set' from the 'zon and had good luck germinating everything and growing it all out last season.

But as for growing traditional tea, nope. I think I looked into it and the climate sucks for it around me? I could be wrong it was a long time ago.
I’m looking into that now that’s perfect!

Back
Top Bottom