Another weekend another update!

We are finishing up week 3 from the flip to 12/12
The stretch seems to have stopped.
Looking at the way they do that final quick stack of nodes toward the end I'd say it's about done.

25B3202F-B52F-4187-95C9-D9ED3743EF66.jpeg

The PGC 1 in the back middle had a way bigger stretch than it did last round.
This I know is because this plant didn't have a node snapped off going into flower, like it did last round.
Even then it stretched as much as the sativa leaning Coffee Crisps I grew in the same tent. So, it was expected.

The canopy could be a little more even, but this is because of running multiple genetics.
I know I can get a much more even canopy with clones of the same strain. In future rounds the variety will be toned down but the volume will stay the same.

I need to make a trip to the grow store to get more nutrients I ran out of a few critical bottles.
Down the rabbit hole we go!
My hope is that this is the last time I have to buy them. And that this is the last grow in general I have to use them.
I may have enough for 1 more after this one finishes in which case that's what I'll do to get my money's worth and not be wasteful.
By then I hope to be comfortable building and reamending my own no til soil bed.
(I'll be starting the 2x4 this way soon)
That will be the final transformation of this tent. Power level well over 10000! :rofl:

Because I didn't have the right nutrients, I didn't give them anything yesterday. Not even water.
This will allow them to dry for a day while I get the right stuff. Shouldn't be an issue there. They've been filled 3 times this week already.
Although this is week 3 from the flip, we are feeding week 1 of flower nutrients.
If I can feed them today or tomorrow, I will be giving week 1, seeing as how they are drinking so fast, I shouldn't have to worry about an overlap of the feeding schedule.
All of this is why I would like to go away from bottled nutrients and build a living soil that I can top dress and simply water.
I've grown tired of the chemistry set way of growing already. Plus, it's a lot cheaper in the long run!

The buds have started to form and with them the early beginnings of trichomes are just visible.
Every sq/in of the tent is covered in great light penetration thanks to the Vipars.
Even the tallest branches don't seem to be stressed at all, and they are in the overlap of both lights where I expected to be a troubled hotspot.

So far so good!

775245CB-FF7E-4235-851B-B8AFB790B6DF.jpeg

There is a bit more defoliation that can be done for sure but with this many plants in a scrog almost everything is blocking something so I'm trying to err on the side of caution with pulling leaves if I don't have to.
There is no growth under the net from the last lollipop and defoil. There is a bit of little stuff just above the net that probably could have been pulled but that makes me nervous. I'd rather leave it and deal with the larf.

8736B1EE-B2E4-4694-BE1E-1A1F0370A542.jpeg

In the Veg mother tent, I had enough of the Aerocloner
I want to say that although I did get root nubs on about half of the cuttings, the health of them was so bad that putting them in soil would only have fried them, I'm sure.
There are a few reasons I believe are to blame.
  • Humidity has been much lower than ideal. I've been keeping the humidity in the "grow room" pretty low to keep the tents in flower optimal. I can't blame the cloner for that, but I also can't change it.
  • The light intensity is too high. Again, I can't do much to avoid this. I'm tapped out as far as space goes. I need the new SIPS to pick up growth and ready themselves for flower and allow me to take clones by then.
  • Res temp climbing. This is due to the lights having to be turned up to encourage more growth for older plants.
  • Human error. The day I confirmed roots I forgot to plug the pump back in. so they went without water for about 24 hours. They "recovered" after I turned them back on, but that's when I decided to go back to my tried-and-true method.
I will cannibalize the parts to other uses in my garden, so it doesn't go to waste, and I don't have to go through the return process.
I went ahead and busted out my old Bucket and lid my air pump, air stones and some rapid rooters.
I made a few key changes to refine it more and make it a bit more practical.
Here you go @greenvein :laughtwo: I owe you this.

********Lootz's Trusty Cloning Bucket*********​

I drilled 4 holes to go through the side of the bucket and avoid having them touching the plants going through the net cup like it was.
C2C52567-E03A-4FA4-AE29-E1F317AB71C2.jpeg

My pump has 4 ports I use a splitter on 3 of them. I insert the splitters into the holes. With the tubing attached it makes a snug fit and keeps them stationary.
I then cut the lengths of the tubing to different lengths so that there are stones at different levels throughout the bucket.

C93C7E99-FE09-4DAE-98AB-896802C1FFBD.jpeg

The 1 tube without the splitter I run through the netcup so that it sits just below the bottom of the netcup and in the water.
Most of the bubbles when they come to the top pop, but this stone ensures that we have plenty of bubbles bursting directly at the surface.
E41C62AE-DCC3-4D94-B2FF-3D1C8EC8506A.jpeg

Then all you need is a sexy looking mom plant like this one! (I almost wish I could've flowered her)

6143E98E-5E06-4FBA-BD65-0A02E6278438.jpeg

Take your cuttings like you normally would and stick it in a rapid rooter with rooting gel.
1479BF8B-AC02-4EEC-A008-FD817DB74279.jpeg

Cover them with some type of dome and let the magic happen.
*The dome isn't absolutely necessary but does help to keep humidity up around the cuttings consistently, and blocks them from intense lighting.
6249B063-8B35-470A-A5AD-A86C24B6837D.jpeg

Couple of things to note.
The DWC lid is very key because it helps to keep the rapid rooters moist while still allowed air to breathe.
It also helps to keep the cuttings pretty much in the bucket and helps keep them in the ideal humidity while also getting a tiny mist from popping bubbles underneath.
Again, the dome also helps shield them from lights that are too intense making them work too hard or dry out too quickly.

To prove that the method is sound I varied a bit and used tap water and I didn't PH or add any additives.
I expect healthy roots in about 10 - 14 days.

NO PLANTS WERE SEVERLY HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS TUTORIAL!
The mom looks amazing after her cuts.

26C5DEC6-B55D-46ED-BA50-C70482658F56.jpeg

As you can see there is always something going on in the garden never a dull moment and always filled with excitement in some form or fashion.
I'm happy to have you all along with me for the ride so as always.
Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your time!

Beautiful bro that canopy looks perfect to me! Mines had the chop now so I'm Definitely jealous of your perpetual 🤣

NO PLANTS WERE SEVERLY HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS TUTORIAL!
This made me chuckle 🤣

Sooo you just dropped the ghetto cloner 2.0 like that season 2 episode 81 lol if I find some materials tomorrow I'll be messaging you for advice👌🏼need to build mine 😁

Your mother plant looks beautiful.. if you saw mine 🫢🤣🤣
Did you manage to sort a drying spot? As our eldest ladies are maturing fast 😉

Again, the dome also helps shield them from lights that are too intense making them work too hard or dry out too quickly.
And you could dial it down even more by laying a sheet of white paper across the top of the dome. Gives a nice diffused light and allows you to scale the light levels to the veg plants while still being gentle on the clones.

Beautiful bro that canopy looks perfect to me! Mines had the chop now so I'm Definitely jealous of your perpetual 🤣
Yea when I first started growing that feeling at the chop looking into a naked tent is such an odd feeling.
Until you feel it you can’t truly understand it 😂
The feeling of running out before the next harvest is done feels even worse.
Add all that to the fact that I smoke waaaaay too much and I had no choice. 🤣
I’m also growing for my dad and WE smoke like a a wildfire.
I had to go hard 🤣
This made me chuckle 🤣
😉
Sooo you just dropped the ghetto cloner 2.0 like that season 2 episode 81 lol if I find some materials tomorrow I'll be messaging you for advice👌🏼need to build mine 😁
Bro I couldn’t remember what you called it and I swear I had ghetto cloner in the title lmfao damnit!
Had to!
You know I’m constantly thinking of how to tweak my grow to make more sense always!
Plus it was starting to mess with my timing for future grows and I just explained why the show must go on 😂
And absolutely bro! You know I got you ✊🏽
Your mother plant looks beautiful.. if you saw mine 🫢🤣🤣
Did you manage to sort a drying spot? As our eldest ladies are maturing fast 😉
Thank you! I looked at her before I took cuts like damn she’d go hard asf in flower! But her purpose in this world was predetermined long before she ever grew roots 😂
And you could dial it down even more by laying a sheet of white paper across the top of the dome. Gives a nice diffused light and allows you to scale the light levels to the veg plants while still being gentle on the clones.
Very good idea Azi I might actually do that the cobs can be a little brutal.
I noticed as I was taking clones that the top growth of the mother was a little stressed from the intensity and being so close.

Very inexpensive way to help with that thank you

I realized that this journal although on track highlighting a journal around the use of SIPs that it’s been a while since I updated here about the one who started it all

The journal is named after her after all

That tent has its own journal so I won’t get into the “issues” of what that tents going through.
I wanted to photo dump and show her progress.

She is best in show and for many reasons
I’ve been blown away by her flowers and colors and she’s truly and amazing plant.
I’m truly fortunate to have found it on the first run and to have a mother that just gave me a ton of cuts to try again with.

Mind you the PBK in the back corners of this tent are PBK so I’m happy to know my jars will be full of this strain for a good while!

4B1C31C6-7D15-4F7A-BFBD-A90869175419.jpeg

04FA2BFA-F8F0-4741-B2E1-D1FA7F288C43.jpeg

B773A402-F30F-4ACE-8F24-A107A5D52057.jpeg

06117789-E2BC-4A52-ADE3-799B73478CC2.jpeg

DA50ED4A-2BC7-49E7-A022-AC981FC5A993.jpeg
79BD5694-E618-4982-8D59-3AFC70592887.jpeg

A3B858EF-9E24-4F28-A0F7-DF3E9A857C36.jpeg

I can’t wait to finally put her smoke to the test!

I realized that this journal although on track highlighting a journal around the use of SIPs that it’s been a while since I updated here about the one who started it all

That tent has its own journal so I won’t get into the “issues” of what that tents going through.

I’ve been blown away by her flowers and colors and she’s truly and amazing plant.
I’m truly fortunate to have found it on the first run and to have a mother that just gave me a ton of cuts to try again with.

Mind you the PBK in the back corners of this tent are PBK so I’m happy to know my jars will be full of this strain for a good while!

Hi @lootznbootz the plants look great especially the buds.

Hi @lootznbootz the plants look great especially the buds.
Thanks Kanno! I hope the 2 PBK1 I have in the Scrog do better than Suzanne since they didn’t go through the ringer like she did
(Transplanting to a bigger sip and what not)

I expect them to blow us away!

Thank you for stopping by and your input!

I am loving the colours
Up in there
Up in there

How's the smells bro?? I know you got sticky fingers every time you unzip the ladies 🤣

I am loving the colours
Up in there
Up in there

How's the smells bro?? I know you got sticky fingers every time you unzip the ladies 🤣
Each one has their own smell. And they all come together when you open the tent.
I try not to ever touch my buds while they’re growing… EVER .
I know I’m being too cautious but I just don’t like to touch em until I have to chop em 😂

Suzanne tho smells like fruity pebbles.
It’s the best way to describe it.
She’s super sweet smelling with fuel behind it

The coffee crisps smells like straight up mangos with no fuel just fruity earth mangos

There’s so many smells it’s hard to pin point them just yet,
but for sure Suzanne is like a bowl of fruity pebbles with octane instead of milk

🤣🤣 I have never had fruity pebbles our U.S section has lucky charms that the boy always asks me for but it's pricey if there close smell wise I'll have to say yes next time to catch your drift 🤣🤣

🤣🤣 I have never had fruity pebbles our U.S section has lucky charms that the boy always asks me for but it's pricey if there close smell wise I'll have to say yes next time to catch your drift 🤣🤣
Wow I never thought about that.
I also just realized you weren’t in the us recently when you posted the light you bought and it wasn’t it dollars 😅

Fruity pebbles is a pretty distinct smell tho.
You may have to order you a box on the zon to truly understand 😂
* if you do this and you do indeed try a box helpful tip make sure you eat the bowl of fruity pebbles in full .000342 seconds after pouring the milk they are absolutely disgusting once they get too soggy 🤢

Hey @lootznbootz - Looking really good mate, funnily enough I'm planning to switch to a LoS notill setup soon enough for the exact same reasons :rofl: I'm definitely excited to see how you get on with that, I'm gonna do a seperate 2x4 with organic soil until I get it down but probably not for another month or two :D

Plants are looking absolutely stellar! :cheer:

I try not to ever touch my buds while they’re growing… EVER .
I know I’m being too cautious but I just don’t like to touch em until I have to chop em 😂
I do the same, I also turn off all my fans when opening the tent so nothing gets sucked in and I keep the lung room as dust free as I can! I saw a few hairs on my first grow and that was enough to get me to tighten my act up for all future efforts :rofl:

Hello & Welcome​

Apologies for the lack of updates here.
I've been busy finishing out the first round and preparing for the third.
I started that journal, and you can check it out here if you haven't come across it yet.

The garden looks a little different since the last update. (I just scrolled up and it actually looks COMPLETELY DIFFERENT)
Kinda puts the past few weeks into perspective a bit. 😱

B2B55D1B-9CDE-406A-A9B4-F30766699453.jpeg

So, the 12 clones I took of the PBK in the ghetto cloner v2.0 all rooted with 100% success.
I put them into solo cups of LUSH soil and let them get established.
The best 3 were chosen for round 3 and the rest will be kept finding another mother.
I chopped down the mother for space reasons and because as she grew larger and more rootbound in her pot it would be harder to keep her healthy with minimal efforts and inputs making it harder to take healthy clones when needed.

I also made the call to chop down the mother of PGC 2 that I kept.
In round 1 she ended up throwing bananas late into flower which is why I chopped her immediately.

Looking at the mother who was recovering from being root bound then depleting her soil. Factoring that I decided it wasn't worth topping off the excessively tall growth that was making it harder to keep healthy.
Factoring all that to the fact that I know she went hermie in a previous grow it wasn't worth it I chopped her up and we will try another seed of PGC later.

The seeds that I started in SIPs have grown significantly.
There was a lot of stretch as I kept light levels low to accommodate for my mothers and clones to keep them small.
With the clone bucket empty I decided to take clones of the RR and CWM

C417C63C-FA19-48F0-B008-080EE8E34340.jpeg

These were originally going to be put in the 2x4 in SIPs to grow next to a PBK clone that I had took. Then I decided to go an entirely different route with the 2x4. There's no room for a SIP now 😅

So, to preserve the genetics and clean up the size a bit I took 4 clones of each and stuck them in the cloning bucket same method as before.
The only difference being that when I cut these clones, I had a mixture of the first organic inputs for the 2x4 tent mixed up and I decided to mist the Rapid Rooters with that solution to give a little added nutrition to the plugs while they root.
Not necessary but it is helpful to add some type of nutrition so that as they root, they have access to something.
This will help them avoid using the minimal amount of leaf matter that they have as food to make it through til transplant.

When they root, I will probably cut down the mothers in SIP's and begin vegging them out in 1 gal pots in preparation for the next round in this tent.
0656A7E6-0CF8-41BE-9C93-6CAE596B15C2.jpeg

Anyway that covers where we've been as far as the veg room.

As for the Flower room the SIPs are going hard! They are packing on weight that the first tent just never did!
This was my fault as I should have been watering much more than I was, but the fungus gnats prevented me from doing so in an attempt to curb them a bit.
I realize now it was the SIP tent that they are most dominant in and it's because of the constant moisture levels the SIPs maintain making it perfect for them to breed in and harder to pinpoint.

75C492A8-11B5-4775-89D9-DF9FF5547105.jpeg

I have started to let them go through dry down periods to allow me to feed through the top of the soil.
Otherwise, the water sits on top of the soil like mud for far too long.
I have been using Dr.Zymes and adding that to their reservoirs as their "waterings."
In an attempt to 1. kill the fungus gnats and 2. break down any nutrients left over in the res.

It does seem to be keeping them away from the SIPs a little better but now they seem to be more focused on the 5gal Plastic pot a bit more.
I cleaned the top bits of soil from the top of the pot to get rid of the stuff for them to hide in so easily.

The bud development on the PBK is stacking very nicely and she is making dense colas on both plants! I'm very happy that she was the chosen one!
There are still plenty of white hairs, but the purpling has started, and the frost is heavy!
Unlike my last grow there are no questions about yield with this one!

BCD819B7-EA3A-4150-88FE-21741ACA8446.jpeg

Opening the tent if you're not prepared, it is kind of ridiculous in the fact that as musty and funky as it smells in there it truly astounds me how well carbon filters work!
It's bad I mean the smell of weed is so thick and pungent! Idk if terpenes can suffocate you but sticking your head in the tent smells like you may lose a brain cell or 2 due to lack of oxygen to the brain! :bongrip::rofl:

The only problem I've seen will be a problem is that the PBK is in the back of the tent so cutting down the entire plant will be a challenge.
I thought about unweaving the plants from the net to pull out the PBK and letting the more sativa leaning strains finish out a bit, but I seriously question the ability of the PGC 1 to withstand that.
967117AD-C43E-43C5-8845-750582115D9F.jpeg

74A9DE08-DC24-480B-B105-5A6E3AD50853.jpeg

We are in the middle of week 7 since the flip. So, continuing with how we were counting for this tent that would be about week 5 of flower and they seem to be right about there in that regard.
I'd say another 3 weeks for the PBK and another 5 for the PGC. The CC I have no idea how long it will want to finish the last one started to foxtail, so I don't have an accurate guess on when it might finish.

I will admit I am a tad anxious to chop this down and start up my new bed in this tent BUT the results are looking so good thus far that I wouldn't dare rush it!
13BD3614-9C3C-4C65-93DC-804E59FB61EC.jpeg

I think I mentioned everything. We're cruising to the finish now.
Thank you for stopping by and giving me the read.
I appreciate your time!

967117AD-C43E-43C5-8845-750582115D9F.jpeg

E37FB9F8-3623-4F36-A3E5-229BD001B7B3.jpeg

B07341B9-9AE7-41AD-97AF-B2D0DDE8DDC3.jpeg

Flat out awesome, @lootznbootz ! :welldone::bravo:
Thank you @Azimuth
I think I may have struck a good balance in my garden lately and the plants are showing the results of that.
Plants are looking amazing! Love ending my day with a bowlpack, and reading a journal, seeing how the plants progress in one sitting. Best of luck with the rest of the grow :)
As do I!
I’m very grateful for you spending your time here on my journal.
It means a lot to me!

Niiiice lootz! I'm happy to volunteer and and risk my brain cells for a sniff 🤣 both your veg and flower tents are on point bro and everything is lining up for Ur next move 👌🏼 oh and the GHETTO CLONER 2.0 strikes again! My container's have arrived so let the build begin 😎👊🏽✌🏽

Niiiice lootz! I'm happy to volunteer and and risk my brain cells for a sniff 🤣 both your veg and flower tents are on point bro and everything is lining up for Ur next move 👌🏼 oh and the GHETTO CLONER 2.0 strikes again! My container's have arrived so let the build begin 😎👊🏽✌🏽
Thanks brother! Yes everything seems to be lining up pretty nicely!
I really feel like now that that first harvest is out the way I’m moving much less frantically!
It’s finally become a game of chess not checkers!

Almost every move I make in the garden has a bigger reason behind it and when all that timing and preparation lines up it’s truly a beautiful thing!

The GC2.0 is so solid I’ve stopped checking for roots before day 9 😂
I do swap the water out in that time if I get the chance but it’s not completely necessary.
It’s such a good feeling knowing cloning and preservation of genetics is an afterthought!
Again any help you need in making yours lmk! I can’t wait to see your results!

Hello & Welcome​

So this is going to be a photo dump to showcase the end of this grow.
With all the excitement around the new soil and the work involved in getting that going, the new sponsored journal, and preparing for the next round in this tent, with this grow being on auto pilot updating it was at the bottom of the list unfortunately.

IMG_4312.jpeg

So the grow was basically just that auto pilot. I allowed them to continue until they all stopped drinking water.

IMG_4335.jpeg

The PGC drank everything I put into her. I couldn't even top water enough to keep her moist she stayed drying out her pot until the very end.

Both PBK1 finished as normal consistent swelling and frost both looking identical to past generations all the way to the end. The flowers cure to a sweet candy like smell and the smoke is smooth. These have those same traits so far.

IMG_4396.jpeg

The PBK2 and PGC2 were both the runts going into flower and so they didn't produce as many flowers, but they did produce very resinous buds that are very aggressive on the nose.

IMG_4314.jpeg

The CC was like the prior grow in that she probably could have gone longer. But Im happy with the haul and the quality of smoke. It smells extremely sweet and has no skunky or fuel smell just sweet fruity flowers.

The PGC 2 did start to throw a couple of nanners that ultimately, I decided weren't a hazard as I had only that tent in flower and there wasn't enough time to produce pollen let alone seeds if it did throw pollen.
I kept an eye on them and we made it to harvest with no issues.
This plant did the same on my first grow with it and it's gone from my garden now.
I am very interested in giving the PGC another shot but that won't be for a while I have plenty of other seeds lined up first.

IMG_4362.jpeg
IMG_4364.jpeg

IMG_4382.jpeg

When harvest day came, I switched it up a little bit and did a wet trim on everything but the PBK 1.
I hung it in my dry tent with my 4 in carbon filter combo from ACI i have a smart controller in there and a humidifier I was able to slow dry at 60% for about 2 weeks.
At day 13 of drying, I turned my humidifier off and watched as the humidity stayed constant for about a day then dropped to 45% which is ambient for my grow room.
I decided to jar them up at this point and Im completely sold on a long slow dry from now on.
The buds smell ready to go as I was putting them into the jars!

IMG_4393.jpeg

IMG_4394.jpeg

With a bit of a cure to redistribute some of the moisture locked deep inside the stem and bud it's going to be perfect!

I have yet to weigh anything, but this was an incredible harvest!
See for yourself...

IMG_4531.jpeg

I have plenty of trim that I plan on making hash with from my last 2 grows so that should be interesting.

I will do a final weight in a couple of days as they start to climb back to 62% humidity in the jars.
Looking at the jars I wouldn't be surprised to see a pound....
If so, I'd say mission accomplished! But we'll see.

In the end this grow was a lot.
I definitely underestimated the power of a SIP
I also will be using these in the veggie garden outdoors.
If I ever use it indoor again it will only be one and with living soil.
Overall I learned a lot and got a lot of amazing bud out of it so it was worth it!
The SIPS definitely allowed me to have more time between watering and helped me achieve proper watering. Even if they were “overwatered” by normal methods. In the end they were a huge help overall!

Thanks for checking in on me and following along!

This grow was a lot

Back
Top Bottom