@greenvein what is your dry and trim method?
Do you wet or dry trim?
I used the 60 by 60 method bud I let the soil dry up a bit and chop to hang them whole. I leave the leaves on as they help keep my humidity up but I have a humidifier on floor incase it drops. Extractor on low and one or two small fans circulating air but nothing ever pointing near plants. If my rh has stayed around 62 and my temps around 60f I can trim and jar in a week to 10 days but if I'm busy I have no worries about letting it sit in the tent longer as it will cure slowly anyways. Once I have time all the leaves are usually crispy and stalk cracks I'll spend a few hours a day trim and jaring it with Rh packs. Then I check my jars daily popping the lid for half hour if there ubove 64rh. Once everything is jarred and settled I pull everything out for weigh in and this gets my rh in the late 50s where I'll seal it and use when I need.
I have been thinking to try a wet trim to see how I like it but my ubove method worked and is just me being lazy 🤣

I used the 60 by 60 method bud I let the soil dry up a bit and chop to hang them whole. I leave the leaves on as they help keep my humidity up but I have a humidifier on floor incase it drops. Extractor on low and one or two small fans circulating air but nothing ever pointing near plants. If my rh has stayed around 62 and my temps around 60f I can trim and jar in a week to 10 days but if I'm busy I have no worries about letting it sit in the tent longer as it will cure slowly anyways. Once I have time all the leaves are usually crispy and stalk cracks I'll spend a few hours a day trim and jaring it with Rh packs. Then I check my jars daily popping the lid for half hour if there ubove 64rh. Once everything is jarred and settled I pull everything out for weigh in and this gets my rh in the late 50s where I'll seal it and use when I need.
I have been thinking to try a wet trim to see how I like it but my ubove method worked and is just me being lazy 🤣
Ok awesome that’s the exact method I used 😉

Hello & Welcome Back​

There is not much to get into today except for the fact that we have begun the cut down!

2AD6A965-3541-47B2-8230-9655BC0A6FA3.jpeg

C068DCA5-E330-4259-8D62-56C091BF50F2.jpeg

I took the PBK 1 & 2 out the tent and got them under the microscope.
I liked what I saw enough to take them down last night.

637DBFD1-CBBC-4E7F-988B-BEA906780A77.jpeg

570FCEF0-17BE-489E-B6FF-A8CB8DFDA47D.jpeg

I pulled all the major fan leaves and cut them right at the base, close to the dirt as possible.
I hung the entire plant with a 4 in carbon filter at the bottom of the tent and a desk fan blowing at the ground.
I placed a humidifer in there set to 55% and its keeping it right where we want it for now.
I'm aiming to maintain 60* / 60% for as long as it takes to dry to a snap.
at that point they will go into the Grove bags to finish curing. Hopefully in time to taste by 420!

035E0EA7-5B11-49A4-8888-23AAF9FEA5E9.jpeg

59F08F63-6044-4210-9480-B445974AB068.jpeg

The size difference between the SIP and the plastic pot was staggering!

I breathed a sigh of relief once I got them chopped and hanging.
For all the reasons of crossing the finish line with a plant/grow, but more importantly BIGGER picture getting that soil out of the grow area was Crucial!
The SIP battled gnats early on and its clear after busting her open the fact that she made it to harvest is nothing short of amazing.

E4066F06-6508-43E7-92FA-6A2A5687E03B.jpeg

Looking forward to future grows and even the other grow we're midway through flower on. Removing an obvious cause of them only serves to help rid them of the grow room entirely.
"Entirely" may be too extreme as fungus gnats are bound to pop up especially in a living soil but I'd settle for an acceptable level at this point.
As I remove more plants and soil out the garden it helps me corner them off and make eliminating them easier.
The problem isn't so much the adults we need to be aiming for its the Larvae and that's easier to do on a smaller number of pots as opposed to multiple tents and 20 pots.

357104DE-23F6-4855-A0BD-85BEC33A136B.jpeg

Looking at the PGC 1 & 2 they are still finishing up and look like they need more time. I still see white hairs popping out here and there and the trichomes have no amber at all.
I do suspect them to be ready in another week maybe a bit longer.

The Coffee Crisps still has more time for sure she has just now started to show amber pistils. Shes pulling her leaves on her own and still adding weight.
She is now starting to purple on her sugar leaves whereas everything else purpled much sooner.
I kind of regret not taking a clone of her but I will be dropping more seeds in the future for sure.
This plant was a bit finnicky, but it's caught my eye finally.

93F01AD7-86AE-41F9-B90A-B710B324F49F.jpeg

With more space in the tent, I was able to spread the coffee out more and help really finish up her buds closer to the end.
Seeing the tent with only 3 plants it looks much cleaner and another lightbulb clicked. I already knew it early on but seeing it made it official, there's no need for so many plants.
If I had 3 plants this size they would have more room, better environment and more than likely produce more than what I will pull from this entire grow.
If I do 4 plants they will be smaller. but I think I may just go with 3 in the 2x4 from now on.
It will also help the soil bed not deplete as fast having less plants so added benefit there too.

We’re just riding it out waiting for the last of the ladies to finish should be within the next couple of weeks!
Staggering this way should help with the work but also helping to keep a slow dry across all the plants.

Thank you for stopping by!

92891520-685B-4103-90B3-36B97CF06B3B.jpeg

Congrats on the takedowns Lootz! And more on the way! :Rasta:

Hello & Welcome Back​

There is not much to get into today except for the fact that we have begun the cut down!

2AD6A965-3541-47B2-8230-9655BC0A6FA3.jpeg

C068DCA5-E330-4259-8D62-56C091BF50F2.jpeg

I took the PBK 1 & 2 out the tent and got them under the microscope.
I liked what I saw enough to take them down last night.

637DBFD1-CBBC-4E7F-988B-BEA906780A77.jpeg

570FCEF0-17BE-489E-B6FF-A8CB8DFDA47D.jpeg

I pulled all the major fan leaves and cut them right at the base, close to the dirt as possible.
I hung the entire plant with a 4 in carbon filter at the bottom of the tent and a desk fan blowing at the ground.
I placed a humidifer in there set to 55% and its keeping it right where we want it for now.
I'm aiming to maintain 60* / 60% for as long as it takes to dry to a snap.
at that point they will go into the Grove bags to finish curing. Hopefully in time to taste by 420!

035E0EA7-5B11-49A4-8888-23AAF9FEA5E9.jpeg

59F08F63-6044-4210-9480-B445974AB068.jpeg

The size difference between the SIP and the plastic pot was staggering!

I breathed a sigh of relief once I got them chopped and hanging.
For all the reasons of crossing the finish line with a plant/grow, but more importantly BIGGER picture getting that soil out of the grow area was Crucial!
The SIP battled gnats early on and its clear after busting her open the fact that she made it to harvest is nothing short of amazing.

E4066F06-6508-43E7-92FA-6A2A5687E03B.jpeg

Looking forward to future grows and even the other grow we're midway through flower on. Removing an obvious cause of them only serves to help rid them of the grow room entirely.
"Entirely" may be too extreme as fungus gnats are bound to pop up especially in a living soil but I'd settle for an acceptable level at this point.
As I remove more plants and soil out the garden it helps me corner them off and make eliminating them easier.
The problem isn't so much the adults we need to be aiming for its the Larvae and that's easier to do on a smaller number of pots as opposed to multiple tents and 20 pots.

357104DE-23F6-4855-A0BD-85BEC33A136B.jpeg

Looking at the PGC 1 & 2 they are still finishing up and look like they need more time. I still see white hairs popping out here and there and the trichomes have no amber at all.
I do suspect them to be ready in another week maybe a bit longer.

The Coffee Crisps still has more time for sure she has just now started to show amber pistils. Shes pulling her leaves on her own and still adding weight.
She is now starting to purple on her sugar leaves whereas everything else purpled much sooner.
I kind of regret not taking a clone of her but I will be dropping more seeds in the future for sure.
This plant was a bit finnicky, but it's caught my eye finally.

93F01AD7-86AE-41F9-B90A-B710B324F49F.jpeg

With more space in the tent, I was able to spread the coffee out more and help really finish up her buds closer to the end.
Seeing the tent with only 3 plants it looks much cleaner and another lightbulb clicked. I already knew it early on but seeing it made it official, there's no need for so many plants.
If I had 3 plants this size they would have more room, better environment and more than likely produce more than what I will pull from this entire grow.
If I do 4 plants they will be smaller. but I think I may just go with 3 in the 2x4 from now on.
It will also help the soil bed not deplete as fast having less plants so added benefit there too.

We’re just riding it out waiting for the last of the ladies to finish should be within the next couple of weeks!
Staggering this way should help with the work but also helping to keep a slow dry across all the plants.

Thank you for stopping by!

92891520-685B-4103-90B3-36B97CF06B3B.jpeg

I don’t mind FG personally but if you’re really against them, get mosquito dunks/bits (BTi brand name), or BTi powder (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) It’s a safe and effective way to knock out the larvae at any stage in your grow. 2 weeks worth of treatments and you should have no issues. You can inoculate your soil with it, sprinkle it on top, or toss it in your water and let it work from there.

BTi releases toxins into the larvae that stop it from eating then they die. A 2 week cycle of this should be enough to wipe out everything. You gotta go the full 2 weeks though, once the adults are wiped out you’ll still have larvae hanging around. The last thing you want to do is let some of them slip through and somehow create BTi resistant gnats lol.

MMMUUUURRRRDEREEEEEEER! I'm pretty sure I read somewhere no plants are harmed in this journal 😂😂

Congratulations bro the end is near! Good lock on the D&C. The size difference in them plants 😲😲 if my stem was that thick! 💪🏼💪🏼 You definitely done something right 😂

Congrats on the takedowns Lootz! And more on the way! :Rasta:
Thank you GDB! Half a grow down hopefully many more to come
I don’t mind FG personally but if you’re really against them, get mosquito dunks/bits (BTi brand name), or BTi powder (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) It’s a safe and effective way to knock out the larvae at any stage in your grow. 2 weeks worth of treatments and you should have no issues. You can inoculate your soil with it, sprinkle it on top, or toss it in your water and let it work from there.

BTi releases toxins into the larvae that stop it from eating then they die. A 2 week cycle of this should be enough to wipe out everything. You gotta go the full 2 weeks though, once the adults are wiped out you’ll still have larvae hanging around. The last thing you want to do is let some of them slip through and somehow create BTi resistant gnats lol.
I grabbed some dr zymes to help fight them and I have the mosquito dunks but I wasn’t sure about them sitting in the sip res
At this point I’m fighting them in preparation for the soil beds which is a few weeks out as I harvest and remove plants it should be easier to wipe them out
MMMUUUURRRRDEREEEEEEER! I'm pretty sure I read somewhere no plants are harmed in this journal 😂😂

Congratulations bro the end is near! Good lock on the D&C. The size difference in them plants 😲😲 if my stem was that thick! 💪🏼💪🏼 You definitely done something right 😂
I never said I wasn’t going to harvest em 😂
Me and my dad always joke about the plants being aware of their purpose and being scared and as I went to get the shears and cut it I made the comment what if the plant got up and ran away and we had to catch them at harvest time like chickens 🤣
I’ll post some more pictures tonight of the harvest and the stem that thing was nuts!
Beautiful setup and plants look amazing.:thumb:
Thank you it’s come along way!
Nice harvest Loots!
Thanks stone hopefully the smoke was worth the effort!
Love the variety and colors, great job! :bravo:
Thank you! I’ll be going easy on plant counts in the future but hope to maintain some type of variety.
The genetics play a major part in it tho these plants go purple no matter what I do every strain crossed with the purple punch purples soon as the flowers start to develop.

Congratulations on the chop down lootz, they are beautiful🥰🥰🥰
Thank you hopefully the last 3 go as smooth
The drying tent is so loud it’s disrespectful it woke me up out of my sleep and prompted me to go to the store and grab everything necessary to set up the carbon filter!
I can’t imagine what it’s going to smell like when I hang them all

The genetics play a major part in it tho these plants go purple no matter what I do every strain crossed with the purple punch purples soon as the flowers start to develop.
This statement cuts me to the bone Lootz! :laugh:

Thank you hopefully the last 3 go as smooth
The drying tent is so loud it’s disrespectful it woke me up out of my sleep and prompted me to go to the store and grab everything necessary to set up the carbon filter!
I can’t imagine what it’s going to smell like when I hang them all
I understand that completely when I open the door to the room it hits me in the face like a ton of bricks but the smell is more floral, which i’m a fan of. Hopefully the carbon filters help.

Lootz! Been a few weeks, but I'm glad I found some time to stop in just in time to see your chop! Beautiful job on this one, and it's been a pleasure watching your grow space expand with the automation. The lessons you're learning and moving forward with are quite inspiring, and keeps me motivated to continue with my journal as the days get long. Absolute awesome job, and can't wait to see the rest come down!

I also want to piggy-back on what Keffka said on the mosquito bits. Seriously amazing product. For whatever reason I couldn't find SNS (or whatever it's called) so I went with the Bits when I had issues a month ago or so. Soaking my water with the bits for an hour or so killed literally ALL of them in 3 treatments. In fact, they came in and infested my Aerogarden all the way across the house too. I tied a tbsp of bits up in some cheese cloth and let it soak for an hour or so. Two treatments was all it took. I haven't seen a single gnat since I used it!

This statement cuts me to the bone Lootz! :laugh:
Omg GDB I’m sorry that was absent minded of me.
Lemme say that I got super lucky with the beans I dropped we’ll have to see if new beans have the same results.
I understand that completely when I open the door to the room it hits me in the face like a ton of bricks but the smell is more floral, which i’m a fan of. Hopefully the carbon filters help.
Carbon filters definitely help!
I don’t mind the smell at all but when it aggressively wakes me up out of my sleep and makes me uncomfortable that’s saying something!
Looking amazing 🤩 👍👍👍
Thank you much appreciated

Lootz! Been a few weeks, but I'm glad I found some time to stop in just in time to see your chop! Beautiful job on this one, and it's been a pleasure watching your grow space expand with the automation. The lessons you're learning and moving forward with are quite inspiring, and keeps me motivated to continue with my journal as the days get long. Absolute awesome job, and can't wait to see the rest come down!
🥲 Thanks aspen I truly appreciate that!
If others learn from watching me learn or find any inspiration at all then that’s a successful journal to me!
Thank you!
I also want to piggy-back on what Keffka said on the mosquito bits. Seriously amazing product. For whatever reason I couldn't find SNS (or whatever it's called) so I went with the Bits when I had issues a month ago or so. Soaking my water with the bits for an hour or so killed literally ALL of them in 3 treatments. In fact, they came in and infested my Aerogarden all the way across the house too. I tied a tbsp of bits up in some cheese cloth and let it soak for an hour or so. Two treatments was all it took. I haven't seen a single gnat since I used it!
I will try them again I have some literally just sitting in the drawer I checked the mother tent on lunch today tho and there seems to be some progress after 2 applications of the dr zymes so we’ll see but I have BTI on hand

Hello and Welcome!​

Well per usual I have been outrageously busy!

The PBK 1 & 2 were dried as slowly as my environment would allow. I did my best to maintain 60%/60* for as close to16 days as possible.
They ended up snapping at 10 days. I trimmed them up and put them in Grove bags & tucked them out of sight out of mind in a spare drawer.
After only a couple days the smell is already pretty strong. I'm excited to see it after a few weeks!
I have yet to get a final weight on anything. But I will before cracking them open.
DDD9936B-1FFD-4A1B-9B6E-FC779DA3FC1B.jpeg

7B0BE0F3-E79E-4BD6-A494-7B7F90496EE2.jpeg

While the PBK was drying I was letting the PGC 1 & 2 as well as the Coffee Crisps finish out a little longer.
After flushing there was a boost of growth and the plants were drinking water as well as pushing out more growth and adding weight.
This is why I chose to let those 3 finish a little longer.
C63E3C10-93F0-4F20-9615-A7C489CD05CA.jpeg

E5E368A1-0EDE-464F-B2B9-19BD34D1191F.jpeg

The PGC 2 tho didn't seem to respond the same way. It didnt show bigger growth and so I assumed I was just letting it "ripen". Then I looked in one day and saw them. A couple of bananas had shown up so I chopped the plant down immediately!
Its been drying in the same process as usual. This was a bummer but at this point it is what it is. The fact that it happened at the very end as opposed to far earlier I'm fortunate.
I had a mother of this plant in the veg tent, she was struggling from being rootbound and hungry.
She was turning the corner and I was nursing her back to health before taking clones, but after seeing the bananas at the end of flower I decided to go start over with those genetics.
B7FE274E-8A3A-4AFA-B65A-D6B181848591.jpeg

FEA5BE4F-D53D-4691-9A1A-F99E779860B5.jpeg

There was also alot more behind that decision but more on that in a bit.

The coffee crisps and the PGC 1 were both getting fatter and still drinking.
The CC was beginning to foxtail and started throwing out new white pistils. I let it go for a bit longer but yesterday I decided the added growth wasn't worth the extra time after this long in the grow.
003A40B4-8B20-4A97-9BD3-2EA0635FF880.jpeg

So last night I decided to make the chop on the last of the plants from this grow.
They are hanging now and will be trimmed and grove bagged when the stems finally snap.

7B0BE0F3-E79E-4BD6-A494-7B7F90496EE2.jpeg

And with that this grow (minus the final weights and bud shots) is complete!
4BFF7FBB-C294-4B46-9D2C-D70EF42F23F5.jpeg

As I take a step back and just look over this grow... Man what a ride!
Although almost nothing went as planned overall for my first grow in years I'd say this was a success!
Throughout this grow I feel like I was way too hard on myself, I realized it somewhere along the way and I'm glad I did.
This again was my first grow back there was going to be issues I had to work through.
There was a ton of stuff I "learned again" and that was the main purpose of this journal.

A few key takeaways from this grow. In some way I will be addressing these issues in future grows going forward.

• Plant Size
  • Container size
  • Watering
    • Less in Veg to encourage root growth
    • More in Flower to pack on the weight and use those roots
  • Feeding
    • What & How I feed the plants
    • Timing of feeding
All of these things I believe have been addressed going forward.
I've spoke about it before but its finally happening, I'm transitioning the garden to an organic living soil bed.
I will go into extreme detail in my new journal that I plan to start soon. I encourage everyone to follow along as I begin that new journey!

Before I end this I want to thank EVERYONE for stopping in and following along EVERY SINGLE BIT OF INPUT was APPRECIATED!
Even encouraging comments just giving simple compliments help to keep motivation to stay updated so thank you!

More specifically tho

@Azimuth Thank you for your help with the SIPs and overall input all things growing. You helped me see things in different ways and gave me multiple ways of attacking the issues that came up.

@Keffka This grow would have been scrapped months ago if it wasn't for you! You identified my issue and gave me real science explanation as to what I was seeing and why. Your knowledge is simply amazing and I'm grateful you spent some time helping me out! I look forward to picking your brain as I get start my dive in the LOS side!

@greenvein Thank you for your support! Your encouragement was pivotal in keeping me updating the journal. I really appreciate that you kept me going and didn't let me get to down on myself. Your humor was such a delightful added bonus to your company.

@Grand Daddy Black Thank you for your help in understanding the Roots Organic System, as well as the Greenpoint genetics. I used a lot of your approach to how you handled dry nutrients and did my best to apply them with the bottles. the light bulb 💡 clicked a little late BUT it was because of your journal and grow so thank you!

Finally, I hope this journal helps someone. I know it's not groundbreaking science being developed here. I know it's not the biggest most impressive grow. There are probably more mistakes to learn from than successes in all reality.:rofl:
But if someone was able to look at what not to do and get better results then this was all worth it!

I will post final weights and budshots when they come in

Thank you for your time and for following along!
I hope to see all of you as we finish up the SIP journal and in future journals that are coming soon!
:Namaste:

1CF5B3DB-7EB4-477D-A124-1A842A499BC4.jpeg

840E0EAB-185E-4DAD-B2F6-C735AF6C8FF6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom