Looking good brother, that Defoliation was definitely needed and they look great!
Your light plan is exactly how I planned it in my 4x4 I had the same thoughts. I'm running a xs2000 & p2000 together at the moment for a side by side to see if any difference but u definitely won't be disappointed. I'm sure they have been on sale also 👌🏼

Great pick, I love my xs1500 if I had that much space 2 xs2000 would be superb... 👍👍👍
Awesome! Thank you this is exactly what I was hoping for, real feedback from growers I trust who I know use it with results I trust
Thank you!
Hey Lootz! Good to see your update today. What you're doing seems to be perfect, even with being super busy. I don't think you took too much at all. When I saw the first pic I was like "Dang, I wonder how much light penetration is going on here" but then you showed them defoled and all was well lol! They all look great!
Thanks aspen! Yea I don’t like to half ass anything if I can’t give it my full attention and do it right the first time then I’d rather not. That goes for a defoil or even a journal entry. I continue the same as ever but if I can’t write the journal up to the standard I’ve made for myself I just wait until I can do it proper.
The defoil I think is going to push them at the perfect time today is day 14 tomorrow we start week 3 and I love where we’re at going into it!
Looking good brother, that Defoliation was definitely needed and they look great!
Your light plan is exactly how I planned it in my 4x4 I had the same thoughts. I'm running a xs2000 & p2000 together at the moment for a side by side to see if any difference but u definitely won't be disappointed. I'm sure they have been on sale also 👌🏼
❤️❤️❤️ Hell yea! My boy! Thank you I’m glad to get your opinion on it! I’m ordering them tonight no more waiting! It’s time to make it happen! I’ve heard all I needed to hear from real growers I trust! 💪🏽

Hello & Welcome Back!​

I hope everyone has been well! I have been SUPER BUSY!
Working 4 10's +
20 hours a week delivering packages for the Zon +
The garden +
Trying to maintain normal and healthy relationships...
I feel like I never stop! BUT mentally, emotionally I am in a very good place right now balancing it all.

Although updates are not as frequent as previously promised. The work put into the garden has only increased and made less time to journal it to my standards.
Also, I have had something big in the works and felt it would be best to document all of the changes all at once AFTER they were completed.

Let's just dive right into it and bring everyone up to speed.

We are smack dab in the middle of Week 4 of flower.
The plants got their first full 12 hours of darkness on Jan 15. That means today is Day 25.
All of the plants have stopped stretching, and not only have they begun to bulk up but the resin production along with the smell have started to pick up significantly!

8A8C9530-692B-4C6B-B3E0-602A2B7E6580.jpeg

* Important note
With all the back and forth up down and moving around I made a critical error! I was feeding the plants on Friday Feb
It's a long process as most of you know and while watering smoking and waiting the lights were starting to give me a headache.
They are practically in my face if I water just outside the tent. So, to fix this I turned the intensity down. When I finished everything up, I cranked the lights back to 100% made a final check and walked out the door.
I came back the next day before lights on and out the 90-degree intake I have to block light leaks I saw it.
The faint shimmer of LED lights through it. This was about 10 minutes or so before "light on."
I opened the tent and sure enough the lights NEVER TURNED OFF!
At this point the lights were on for 24 hours right before our light period was to start! I immediately realized what I did...
While adjusting the intensity on an ACI controller you have to go to the "on" setting and set the desired intensity.
Then when you go back to the "schedule" option for that port it will follow the schedule set for the intensity you set in the "on" setting.
Can you see what I did? Or are you just as confused as I was for a brief moment?
When I left the tent the day before I turned the intensity back up but never set it back to schedule... So it ran in the "on" setting until I noticed it!
I switched it back to schedule and left the tent alone.
So last weekend they received 36 hours of direct light with no dark period...

Yea major rookie mistake! I was pissed to say the least. So far I haven't noticed any adverse effects, but it is still early. At this point I'm expecting anything to happen and Id roll with it... Nothing I can do. whatever damage it caused is done and all we can do is hope for the best now...

This ended up being perfect timing for me to take a look at everything just before the upgrades and dial it all back in properly.

I can't describe how excited I am for my current setup. By far the most expansive grow I have ever had let alone expEnsive.
I came to an understanding long ago this hobby aint cheap and neither am I!

Where do I even start?
When I last spoke to you all I got great advice about grabbing the XS2000's for the 4x3 tent.
Well, I did in fact pull the trigger on them and omg these things are slick!
Packaged extremely well and the build quality is astonishing! I am EXTREMELY happy with them!
Thank you for all the feedback!

2B401F0C-1E07-41C2-90B9-2314841FEFC7.jpeg

So with the new 1.Vipars I had to get a new 2. 4x3 tent finally...
This allowed me to put my cobs into my 2.7x2.7 tent that I was using for my mothers and clones. It served its purpose for a bit but ultimately I chose to buy another ACI 3. 2x3 tent for veg and mothers.

3CA4645D-E6EC-4D30-9F04-0398F9109C9E.jpeg

In order to maintain the veg tent I had to get a 4. 4" inline fan w/controller and filter combo as well as a
5. 6" Oscillating clip fan also from ACI.
This would have completed the Veg tent BUT I decided to upgrade my cloning situation even tho I'm at 100% success rate, the setup was primitive, and money could fix that too easy, so I grabbed a 6. 24 port aerocloner.
What happens when I get roots tho? I would like to eliminate downtime between grows and don't want to wait for a transition period while we wait for a plastic pot to transition to a SIP so naturally, I ordered another 7. 3 pack of grobuckets.
Moving away from the veg tent now that its complete.
I took a look at what my environment needed and decided a 8. Dehumidifier was of utmost importance.
I plan on having 2 tents in flower very soon and the humidity was getting out of control with just the 2x4.

To control the dehu and keep the environment locked in I went with another product from ACI 9. smart outlet environment controller. This allows me to not only monitor the environment outside my tents but control 2 outlets according to the readings. I have my heater and my dehumidifier hooked to it and set to my desired parameters.

56F15695-649A-4F95-B58D-5A7476A8C106.jpeg

It turns the outlets on and off accordingly.
After looking at the Vipars and how much wattage we had in the 4x3 I took a look at the 4x2 and decided that another 10. S22 wouldn't hurt and so... you guessed it.
This gave me a little trouble because supposedly I should be able to control my daisy chained lights from my BT controller and only use 1 port on the controller to do so... unfortunately like with a lot of ACI they leave so much to be desired. It wouldn't be a problem if the company didn't say this was possible. It also would help that they have stock, but I digress...
They are daisy chained BUT I had to mount the controller to the middle light and run the other 2 to it... This means I cannot see or control my lights from my app or smart controller. huge inconvenience it'll have to do for now.

B0ECE32B-48CF-4ACA-B283-2D7A9F765C1D.jpeg

I couldn't have all these new lights and not do a Par test right? So upon looking at my par numbers on my photone app the 2x4 is well over 1300-1600 in some places!
Talk about light penetration! I've never had a tent this bright let alone 3!
You can see light getting down to the furthest most part of the stems. not a single bud under the canopy is in shade now.
I'm sure some of you are reading this and thinking uhm sir thats too much light... and you would be correct.
I went ahead and purchased 11. 2 exhale bags and placed them into both 4x2 and 4x3 tents.

I adjusted the controller to allow for more heat buildup in the tent making the co2 more available to the plants and slowed down the inline a bit so not to continuously vent it out.

This will definitely get us more trichomes right?! But how are we going to check on those? So I purchased a 12 .1000x 4k digital scope to check them with.

I also grabbed 13. 2 trimming tray sets ,14. 2 sample packs of grove bags and 15. a 10 pack of boveda packs

There was a couple more items that I needed like more ratchet hangers and a bigger air stone for mixing our nutrients but those are just odds and ends that you all don't need to know details of.

A75EABAA-664C-406B-92F5-25A47CB7C09D.jpeg

As you can see A TON of new stuff and moving parts but were finally set up and ready to go through multiple harvest without needing to make any more major purchases.
As for the ladies they have been loving the recent upgrades, I know I am!
I've continued FWF and everything is at full strength. my schedule kind of threw off my Wednesday and Saturday schedule we were on but the plants kind of did that on their own naturally as well.
They were just given water yesterday and will be getting week 4 feeding at the next watering.

Speaking of week 4 I am thinking to repeat week 4 in the feeding schedule so to extend out the flower schedule by 1 week.
This will also add an extra week in-between removing and adding back the HP2 which I've read is important to do when using this line.

Week 4 is a big week as I took several clones from the tops of our mothers and put them in the aerocloner. These will be our next cycle so it's time to get them rooted and vegged out a bit in preparation.
I have also decided that we will be selecting a new strain to replace the Coffee Crisps and the Purple Gorilla Cookies #1.
I have a couple of ideas on which ones to drop but I think I may just drop 2 of 1 strain to simplify the variety in the tent just a tad.
PBK 1 and PGC 2 are keepers already as they have been the most resilient, have preferable growing patterns and look to be the winners early on in flower.
Obviously, a smoke report will confirm we made the right choice.
Regardless I will keep a clone of just about everything, this way if after we smoke it, we do in fact like one over the other we still have that option.

4F5FFC6F-D04E-4EE2-8985-023A6DC0F1EF.jpeg

A few more tidbits of info since it hasnt been documented. I defoiled weekly up until last week just before the stretch stopped and it was perfect timing. We have good light penetration to the canopy and yet enough to power us through flower. The added light helps.

The coffee crisps is Sativa and had an incredible stretch but luckily stayed manageable. Caused a little issue but I raised the PBK 2 and PGC 2 to help even out the canopy. This was also the reason for adding the 3rd light.
I've never flowered out a sativa plant before so Im super excited to have gotten her this far.
There was a little light stress from having the lights so close to try and get that penetration but now that I've backed them off significantly that shouldnt be an issue anymore.

The next big project is to start gathering supplies and info for my living soil. now that the equipment is installed, I want to divert my attention to the soil and eventually start transitioning my garden to living soil beds and living soil SIPS. tons more to work out first tho.

I'm super excited as we finish up week 4 as the swell has started and now is when we start to see the traces of our hard work pay off!

02C19A10-9B28-48F2-B973-52BD18A3435D.jpeg

I believe I have covered just about everything. It's been a whirlwind here lately but were on the right track thus far.
Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your time as always!

'
1292C750-E89F-4114-8B99-A09F6563F5F5.jpeg

Welcome back Lootz. It's nice to see you and lots to catch up.

Your garden looks lovely. I like your space so much that I want one too lol

yikes did it harm them? They don't look phased and that bud pic is so pretty.
Thank you Carmen! It’s been a work in progress and has evolved since I started.
I can finally say the Deathstar is complete 😂

And from what I can tell so far no it hasn’t but only time will tell I’ve been watching them and checking them like a hawk everyday and nothing so far… we’ll see what happens tho

Hello & Welcome Back!​

Working 4 10's +
The garden +
I feel like I never stop! BUT mentally, emotionally I am in a very good place right now balancing it all.

Although updates are not as frequent as previously promised. The work put into the garden has only increased and made less time to journal it to my standards.
Also, I have had something big in the works and felt it would be best to document all of the changes all at once AFTER they were completed.

The plants got their first full 12 hours of darkness on Jan 15. That means today is Day 25.
All of the plants have stopped stretching, and not only have they begun to bulk up but the resin production along with the smell have started to pick up significantly!

* Important note
With all the back and forth up down and moving around I made a critical error! I was feeding the plants on Friday Feb
It's a long process as most of you know and while watering smoking and waiting the lights were starting to give me a headache.
They are practically in my face if I water just outside the tent. So, to fix this I turned the intensity down. When I finished everything up, I cranked the lights back to 100% made a final check and walked out the door.
I came back the next day before lights on and out the 90-degree intake I have to block light leaks I saw it.
The faint shimmer of LED lights through it. This was about 10 minutes or so before "light on."
At this point the lights were on for 24 hours right before our light period was to start! I immediately realized what I did...
While adjusting the intensity on an ACI controller you have to go to the "on" setting and set the desired intensity.
Then when you go back to the "schedule" option for that port it will follow the schedule set for the intensity you set in the "on" setting.
Can you see what I did? Or are you just as confused as I was for a brief moment?
When I left the tent the day before I turned the intensity back up but never set it back to schedule... So it ran in the "on" setting until I noticed it!

Yea major rookie mistake! I was pissed to say the least. So far I haven't noticed any adverse effects, but it is still early. At this point I'm expecting anything to happen and Id roll with it... Nothing I can do. whatever damage it caused is done and all we can do is hope for the best now...

This ended up being perfect timing for me to take a look at everything just before the upgrades and dial it all back in properly.

I can't describe how excited I am for my current setup. By far the most expansive grow I have ever had let alone expEnsive.

Where do I even start?
When I last spoke to you all I got great advice about grabbing the XS2000's for the 4x3 tent.
Packaged extremely well and the build quality is astonishing! I am EXTREMELY happy with them!

This allowed me to put my cobs into my 2.7x2.7 tent that I was using for my mothers and clones. It served its purpose for a bit but ultimately I chose to buy another ACI 3. 2x3 tent for veg and mothers.

In order to maintain the veg tent I had to get a 4. 4" inline fan w/controller and filter combo as well as a
This would have completed the Veg tent BUT I decided to upgrade my cloning situation even tho I'm at 100% success rate, the setup was primitive, and money could fix that too easy, so I grabbed a 6. 24 port aerocloner.
What happens when I get roots tho? I would like to eliminate downtime between grows and don't want to wait for a transition period while we wait for a plastic pot to transition to a SIP so naturally, I ordered another 7. 3 pack of grobuckets.
I took a look at what my environment needed and decided a 8. Dehumidifier was of utmost importance.
I plan on having 2 tents in flower very soon and the humidity was getting out of control with just the 2x4.

To control the dehu and keep the environment locked in I went with another product from ACI 9. smart outlet environment controller. This allows me to not only monitor the environment outside my tents but control 2 outlets according to the readings. I have my heater and my dehumidifier hooked to it and set to my desired parameters.

After looking at the Vipars and how much wattage we had in the 4x3 I took a look at the 4x2 and decided that another 10. S22 wouldn't hurt and so... you guessed it.
This gave me a little trouble because supposedly I should be able to control my daisy chained lights from my BT controller and only use 1 port on the controller to do so... unfortunately like with a lot of ACI they leave so much to be desired. It wouldn't be a problem if the company didn't say this was possible. It also would help that they have stock, but I digress...
They are daisy chained BUT I had to mount the controller to the middle light and run the other 2 to it... This means I cannot see or control my lights from my app or smart controller. huge inconvenience it'll have to do for now.

I couldn't have all these new lights and not do a Par test right? So upon looking at my par numbers on my photone app the 2x4 is well over 1300-1600 in some places!
You can see light getting down to the furthest most part of the stems. not a single bud under the canopy is in shade now.
I'm sure some of you are reading this and thinking uhm sir thats too much light... and you would be correct.
I went ahead and purchased 11. 2 exhale bags and placed them into both 4x2 and 4x3 tents.

I adjusted the controller to allow for more heat buildup in the tent making the co2 more available to the plants and slowed down the inline a bit so not to continuously vent it out.

This will definitely get us more trichomes right?! But how are we going to check on those? So I purchased a 12 .1000x 4k digital scope to check them with.

I also grabbed 13. 2 trimming tray sets ,14. 2 sample packs of grove bags and 15. a 10 pack of boveda packs

There was a couple more items that I needed like more ratchet hangers and a bigger air stone for mixing our nutrients but those are just odds and ends that you all don't need to know details of.

As you can see A TON of new stuff and moving parts but were finally set up and ready to go through multiple harvest without needing to make any more major purchases.
I've continued FWF and everything is at full strength. my schedule kind of threw off my Wednesday and Saturday schedule we were on but the plants kind of did that on their own naturally as well.
They were just given water yesterday and will be getting week 4 feeding at the next watering.

Speaking of week 4 I am thinking to repeat week 4 in the feeding schedule so to extend out the flower schedule by 1 week.
This will also add an extra week in-between removing and adding back the HP2 which I've read is important to do when using this line.

Week 4 is a big week as I took several clones from the tops of our mothers and put them in the aerocloner. These will be our next cycle so it's time to get them rooted and vegged out a bit in preparation.
I have also decided that we will be selecting a new strain to replace the Coffee Crisps and the Purple Gorilla Cookies #1.
I have a couple of ideas on which ones to drop but I think I may just drop 2 of 1 strain to simplify the variety in the tent just a tad.
PBK 1 and PGC 2 are keepers already as they have been the most resilient, have preferable growing patterns and look to be the winners early on in flower.
Regardless I will keep a clone of just about everything, this way if after we smoke it, we do in fact like one over the other we still have that option.

A few more tidbits of info since it hasnt been documented. I defoiled weekly up until last week just before the stretch stopped and it was perfect timing. We have good light penetration to the canopy and yet enough to power us through flower. The added light helps.

The coffee crisps is Sativa and had an incredible stretch but luckily stayed manageable. Caused a little issue but I raised the PBK 2 and PGC 2 to help even out the canopy. This was also the reason for adding the 3rd light.
I've never flowered out a sativa plant before so Im super excited to have gotten her this far.
There was a little light stress from having the lights so close to try and get that penetration but now that I've backed them off significantly that shouldnt be an issue anymore.

The next big project is to start gathering supplies and info for my living soil. now that the equipment is installed, I want to divert my attention to the soil and eventually start transitioning my garden to living soil beds and living soil SIPS. tons more to work out first tho.

I'm super excited as we finish up week 4 as the swell has started and now is when we start to see the traces of our hard work pay off!

I believe I have covered just about everything. It's been a whirlwind here lately but were on the right track thus far.

'
Super amazing upgrade 🤩 well done 👍👍👍

Show off!

You're not the only one spending $$$ Lootz. Last week I scored 6 beans for $18 from a Greenpoint reverse auction! :laugh:

Seriously, congrats on all the new gear! Now to make it shine! :Rasta:

Super amazing upgrade 🤩 well done 👍👍👍
Thank you! I appreciate it!
Show off!

You're not the only one spending $$$ Lootz. Last week I scored 6 beans for $18 from a Greenpoint reverse auction! :laugh:

Seriously, congrats on all the new gear! Now to make it shine! :Rasta:
🤣 you know I considered checking the auction out for S&G but I already have so many seeds lol

Hello & Welcome Back!​

Working 4 10's +
The garden +

* Important note

Where do I even start?

'

Great to have you back lootz I almost sent out a search party 🤣 fyi I saw your update earlier and thought ima roll a fatty and get into that later 😂
Bro, Your grow space looks like my local hydro store lol nice set up all in all and you plants are showing your doing great! Exciting next few weeks now.
Oh yeah gwan with splashing the cash! Money well spent if it's on something you love.
Only thing I can think to say is unlucky on then light situation 🤞🏽 she forgives you and not sure if you said it was the same room but could that have contributed to the light stress? As dli would have been high?
I'm high right now so my response might just match your update 😉 🤣 hope it makes sense.

Glad your well physically and mentally! Keep grafting bro ✌🏼

Lootz amazing new set up, the garden looks great! Thank you for the detailed update. Happy to hear that you are doing well, as busy as you are 🌸
Thank you! I just sit back smoking looking at it and it still blows my mind.
I decided early on when I started my grow back up after years of not being able to that if I did it I was going for the gusto this time.
If I had the time to update like this every day I swear I would I’ve just been in grind mode! 💪🏽
I’m grateful that you all appreciate it!
Great to have you back lootz I almost sent out a search party 🤣 fyi I saw your update earlier and thought ima roll a fatty and get into that later 😂
Bro, Your grow space looks like my local hydro store lol nice set up all in all and you plants are showing your doing great! Exciting next few weeks now.
Oh yeah gwan with splashing the cash! Money well spent if it's on something you love.
Only thing I can think to say is unlucky on then light situation 🤞🏽 she forgives you and not sure if you said it was the same room but could that have contributed to the light stress? As dli would have been high?
I'm high right now so my response might just match your update 😉 🤣 hope it makes sense.

Glad your well physically and mentally! Keep grafting bro ✌🏼
🤣 I’d be lying if I said after a big update like this I wasn’t waiting for your notification 😂
I appreciate your enthusiasm in my grow it’s truly helped me.
I’m grateful to be in a position to do it honestly a couple months ago I didn’t think the grow would be possible let alone upgrading like this!
All the equipment in the world don’t mean nothing tho you could have the baddest setup on 420 it only matters if your harvesting your investment from it.
We have a long way to go to get to that point but I’m confident the grows should continue to flow consistently now without much issue.
At the end of the day it won’t be because of a lack of equipment that I didn’t get the results I wanted and that was the most important part of these upgrades was making sure I can focus on the plants and not what the plants DONT have.

As for the light mishap it was the entire flower tent!
Every plant I have in bloom went through a 36 hour lights on period.
I haven’t noticed any signs other than the light stress but that was also because the lights were so close the next day after a dark period they looked as if nothing happened.
Obviously the leaves won’t recover but the bud production and resin production picked up in the days since then and they seem like they haven’t missed a beat. 🤞🏽

Obviously the leaves won’t recover but the bud production and resin production picked up in the days since then and they seem like they haven’t missed a beat. 🤞🏽
This is very interesting. Two days ago my plants were under a lowered light for 24 hours and when I was advised I raised the light back up. Today I saw some bud development that I hadn't seen before. Do you think it is auto-timing or light stress that made the changes in bud structure?

This is very interesting. Two days ago my plants were under a lowered light for 24 hours and when I was advised I raised the light back up. Today I saw some bud development that I hadn't seen before. Do you think it is auto-timing or light stress that made the changes in bud structure?
I have to catch up on EVERYONES journals. But it sounds like to me it could be a combination of both.
Auto timing is something I have absolutely no experience with. they seem to have a mind of its own.
The bud structure taking shape after increased light seems on par with my own experience. Maybe the increased light penetration had something to do with it. But it being an auto theres no telling what exactly took place.

Also remember that too much lighting could be harmful as well as they could suffer from slower development as well so it's really a balancing act specific to everyone's own situation.
Gotta find that sweet spot.

Oh you're getting nice and automated! How you liking the ACI controller so far?
Hey Stone how you been brother!
I have a love hate relationship with the ACI controllers. They work I just wish I had more ports or the ability to use 1 port for all lighting freeing up the others.
Also the interface could be a bit more user friendly. Someone starting out having never grown before could get a little confused.
All in all, tho it works well enough for me to have bought 4 of them thus far.

I dont have much experience with other controllers so I dont know if the grass in greener to truly compare.
So long as I dont touch anything else we should be fully automated now :laughtwo:

Hey Stone how you been brother!
I have a love hate relationship with the ACI controllers. They work I just wish I had more ports or the ability to use 1 port for all lighting freeing up the others.
Also the interface could be a bit more user friendly. Someone starting out having never grown before could get a little confused.
All in all, tho it works well enough for me to have bought 4 of them thus far.

I dont have much experience with other controllers so I dont know if the grass in greener to truly compare.
So long as I dont touch anything else we should be fully automated now :laughtwo:
6 of my fans are from them so I'm wondering if it would be something for me. Could be. Thanks!

6 of my fans are from them so I'm wondering if it would be something for me. Could be. Thanks!
If you have their fans then I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND! 100 Percent!
The fans and controllers work together perfectly and I honestly wouldn't an AC fan without one
Spend the extra grab the wifi controlled one but the BT ones work well too I have them.

Its when you use the lights and the how to set it up could be a bit easier.
BUT it works when your not high and rushing to zip the tents after spending all day working in the garden at 3am

….Thought I hit send HOURS AGO SMH

Hello Everyone​

It's the weekend so that means its mandatory update time! :laughtwo:

Things have been going well, Tho I do suspect there may be something going on in regard to the bud development.

I have a couple of ideas flowing around tho I haven't pinpointed the issue just yet.
It's probably a mixture of everything at this point. My plan is to continue mission same as before.
I do not want to change too much and in drastic fashion as that would only add more variables to consider.

The best course of action would be to identify all the possible causes and try to correct each one individually in hopes of it righting the ship.

So lets get into it then shall we?

So the biggest splinter in my mind right now is that I AM THE CAUSE! Obviously right? :rofl:

• Light schedule mistake
  • Light intensity drastically increased instantly.
  • Feeding schedule
  • watering schedule
1. I cannot get that 36 hour of daylight mistake out of my nightmares. Although I didn't see any signs of male flowers since that hiccup, and they seemed to take it stride it just haunts me that it happened at all!
There is nothing we can do about this especially now. I just hope that this isn't the reason behind the issues were seeing. The only way to tell is to compare it to the results with the 4x3 tent.

2. The light intensity dramatically increasing also has me wondering??? I added another S22 so about its rated as a 150w light, so it probably pulls 130ish? But 3 of those in a 2x4 and I wonder if it was too much?
If not too much I wonder if the distance to the buds was too close?
I've since raised all 3 panels as high in the tent as they can go and have them set to 100%
Also, I did add the exhale bags for the added benefit of handling more intense light and temps. The bags are fully colonized, and I also adjusted the inline to allow for them to have more access to it but again, it's hard to tell if it's having an effect.
I wonder what we would be seeing if we didnt have them???
See if a never-ending loop of worry :rofl::bongrip:

3. The feeding schedule, in my reading I have come across the thinking that you continue feeding Veg nutrients into flower and during the stretch.
Because they need so much of those nutrients to support the rapid growth of the transition.
This is a MAJOR key for me.
I did not do this with the 2x4, they received bloom week 1 nutrients during the first week of 12/12.
I did try and counter this by repeating week 4 of the feeding schedule during the 5th week of 12/12 schedule.
Hoping that would give them nutrients more in line to what they would be wanting at the stage they should be in.
Again, the only way to truly know is compare the results with the 4x3.

4. As for the watering schedule its simple I could have and should have been watering more?
I have continued to wait to feel for "light" or "lighter" pots. I think this was a major mistake. Although I never let them "drought" or be completely bone dry I think I may have messed up but not allowing them to have as much water available as they probably should have?
This is where the SIPS are so huge because I just make sure they are full and even if they aren't I know I have to get back to the grow in a day or so to fill them up.

Along with those last 2 points I wonder is FWF the best route to go? Should I be feed feed feed with a water sprinkled in every now and then?
This is why I am now building my kit from build a soil so that after this harvest the 2x4 will be getting a soil bed paired with their take and bake kit.
This will allow for a true water only with occasional and optional topdressing or "feedings" due to it being a large bed.
If I can limit the number of inputs, I have to manage I feel it will make for easier more successful grows.
There are so many variables and I'd prefer to limit them and avoid costly mistakes as much as possible.
I don't have the luxury of being able to spend more than a couple of hours at most a day in the garden without running myself into the ground.
I'm hoping this change in soil and how we go about "feeding" the plants can help with balance in life!

The following pictures are from Day 41 of 12/12

Full tent shot
6796625E-145D-4AC6-8457-9734B07F8FF4.jpeg

Purple Gorilla Cookies #2

F5E818CB-2AE9-4532-A33A-A803437ABE76.jpeg

4C547643-972F-4E25-8D68-BADF2CF7835A.jpeg

F65AA594-BE97-4C9F-B202-36F627FAD9AC.jpeg

Coffee Crisps
1BCE936D-8A80-48BA-829A-C357673B95E1.jpeg

Purple Bubba Kush #1 (Suzanne)
7313B4E7-0664-430B-92E5-B931186DB2E4.jpeg

Purple Gorilla Cookies #1
2DD0ECEC-9C6D-4E27-9F94-8FEB2142BEF8.jpeg
E3FEB8A5-97F6-4639-B22F-0C88B2EE025D.jpeg

Purple Bubba Kush #2
503305A1-F22D-424B-A87D-D2A8FBF4F751.jpeg

7E408FE4-7B58-48F7-BFF6-A7B182859E27.jpeg

I need some help here guys how do my plants look after 41 days of 12/12?
I feel like they should be WAY larger.
Do any of my previous points stand out to you as well after seeing the pictures?
Any input is appreciated!

The tent smells amazing and there are tons of trichomes! Also, I just noticed the first hairs noticeably going orange when I checked them yesterday. Prior to yesterday there was only one or two here or there.
They do look like they are filling out and the bud sites starting to connect slowly.
which leads me to believe that maybe my timing is off, and they are not as far along as I thought in which case all is well and we should see some weight packing on now?

Anyway I feel I've explained my concerns enough.

Thank you for stopping by and as always thank you for your time!

Brooooo garden looks great!.. if you never mentioned the issues the girls look happy and healthy the sugars and their colours 👌🏼 if that was my garden I wouldn't change anything I don't think they look way off but if they did get stunted at some point their still happy changes could just cause more stress.

Watering bloom feeds week1 flower may affect growth around the stretch a bit but in soil their is usually a build up of nitrogen during veg anything unused pre flip will still be available and used. If you was short I'm sure lower leaves would have got some yellowing?

Wait for the 4x3 results and compare, best way to get used to your strains and fertilizer your using. Either that or get some run off every feed from the start just to monitor how your plants are eating.

✌🏼 My broo 👊🏽

2. The light intensity dramatically increasing also has me wondering??? I added another S22 so about its rated as a 150w light, so it probably pulls 130ish? But 3 of those in a 2x4 and I wonder if it was too much?
That's about 50w/sq' which is probably a little high, but I run at about 40 so I don't think that's the problem and your leaves don't look like they're complaining by twisting or folding, so I'd say you're probably OK. Maybe others more dialed in to the light issue can comment.

3. The feeding schedule, in my reading I have come across the thinking that you continue feeding Veg nutrients into flower and during the stretch.
Because they need so much of those nutrients to support the rapid growth of the transition.
This is a MAJOR key for me.
That should be spelled out by your nute line, but generally I feed veg nutes for the first week after flip and then introduce flowering nutes which mainly are just a bit of a decrease in N and an increase in P but nothing too drastic.

4. As for the watering schedule its simple I could have and should have been watering more?
I have continued to wait to feel for "light" or "lighter" pots. I think this was a major mistake. Although I never let them "drought" or be completely bone dry I think I may have messed up but not allowing them to have as much water available as they probably should have?
And this is why you're converting over to all SIPs next round, right? ;)

With the more typical wet/dry thing, the idea in veg is to let them thoroughly dry in between waterings so the plant will build more root mass. But, in flower, that strategy is no longer employed. As Emilya says, you built those roots in veg so you can put them to work in flower. So, especially after the stretch, give them everything they can use. No more letting them dry out completely.

Along with those last 2 points I wonder is FWF the best route to go? Should I be feed feed feed with a water sprinkled in every now and then?
Back to your nute line for the answers here.

I don't have the luxury of being able to spend more than a couple of hours at most a day in the garden without running myself into the ground.
2 hours a day!!??! Holy crap. I do like 30 minutes and that's only because I linger. Although I'll admit to spending more time on the weekends just because. You'll get more streamlined with more experience but there shouldn't really be all that much to do on a daily basis. Sometimes it's more time for sure like spraying plants for pests or whatever, but no way this grow thing should consume your life.

I need some help here guys how do my plants look after 41 days of 12/12?
I feel like they should be WAY larger.
Do any of my previous points stand out to you as well after seeing the pictures?
Any input is appreciated!
I think your plants look pretty good. Any issues early can carry through and stunt them a bit, but you should be pretty proud of your efforts with this grow. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom