Hello Everyone​

It's the weekend so that means its mandatory update time! :laughtwo:

Things have been going well, Tho I do suspect there may be something going on in regard to the bud development.

I have a couple of ideas flowing around tho I haven't pinpointed the issue just yet.
It's probably a mixture of everything at this point. My plan is to continue mission same as before.
I do not want to change too much and in drastic fashion as that would only add more variables to consider.

The best course of action would be to identify all the possible causes and try to correct each one individually in hopes of it righting the ship.

So lets get into it then shall we?

So the biggest splinter in my mind right now is that I AM THE CAUSE! Obviously right? :rofl:

• Light schedule mistake
  • Light intensity drastically increased instantly.
  • Feeding schedule
  • watering schedule
1. I cannot get that 36 hour of daylight mistake out of my nightmares. Although I didn't see any signs of male flowers since that hiccup, and they seemed to take it stride it just haunts me that it happened at all!
There is nothing we can do about this especially now. I just hope that this isn't the reason behind the issues were seeing. The only way to tell is to compare it to the results with the 4x3 tent.

2. The light intensity dramatically increasing also has me wondering??? I added another S22 so about its rated as a 150w light, so it probably pulls 130ish? But 3 of those in a 2x4 and I wonder if it was too much?
If not too much I wonder if the distance to the buds was too close?
I've since raised all 3 panels as high in the tent as they can go and have them set to 100%
Also, I did add the exhale bags for the added benefit of handling more intense light and temps. The bags are fully colonized, and I also adjusted the inline to allow for them to have more access to it but again, it's hard to tell if it's having an effect.
I wonder what we would be seeing if we didnt have them???
See if a never-ending loop of worry :rofl::bongrip:

3. The feeding schedule, in my reading I have come across the thinking that you continue feeding Veg nutrients into flower and during the stretch.
Because they need so much of those nutrients to support the rapid growth of the transition.
This is a MAJOR key for me.
I did not do this with the 2x4, they received bloom week 1 nutrients during the first week of 12/12.
I did try and counter this by repeating week 4 of the feeding schedule during the 5th week of 12/12 schedule.
Hoping that would give them nutrients more in line to what they would be wanting at the stage they should be in.
Again, the only way to truly know is compare the results with the 4x3.

4. As for the watering schedule its simple I could have and should have been watering more?
I have continued to wait to feel for "light" or "lighter" pots. I think this was a major mistake. Although I never let them "drought" or be completely bone dry I think I may have messed up but not allowing them to have as much water available as they probably should have?
This is where the SIPS are so huge because I just make sure they are full and even if they aren't I know I have to get back to the grow in a day or so to fill them up.

Along with those last 2 points I wonder is FWF the best route to go? Should I be feed feed feed with a water sprinkled in every now and then?
This is why I am now building my kit from build a soil so that after this harvest the 2x4 will be getting a soil bed paired with their take and bake kit.
This will allow for a true water only with occasional and optional topdressing or "feedings" due to it being a large bed.
If I can limit the number of inputs, I have to manage I feel it will make for easier more successful grows.
There are so many variables and I'd prefer to limit them and avoid costly mistakes as much as possible.
I don't have the luxury of being able to spend more than a couple of hours at most a day in the garden without running myself into the ground.
I'm hoping this change in soil and how we go about "feeding" the plants can help with balance in life!

The following pictures are from Day 41 of 12/12

Full tent shot
6796625E-145D-4AC6-8457-9734B07F8FF4.jpeg

Purple Gorilla Cookies #2

F5E818CB-2AE9-4532-A33A-A803437ABE76.jpeg

4C547643-972F-4E25-8D68-BADF2CF7835A.jpeg

F65AA594-BE97-4C9F-B202-36F627FAD9AC.jpeg

Coffee Crisps
1BCE936D-8A80-48BA-829A-C357673B95E1.jpeg

Purple Bubba Kush #1 (Suzanne)
7313B4E7-0664-430B-92E5-B931186DB2E4.jpeg

Purple Gorilla Cookies #1
2DD0ECEC-9C6D-4E27-9F94-8FEB2142BEF8.jpeg
E3FEB8A5-97F6-4639-B22F-0C88B2EE025D.jpeg

Purple Bubba Kush #2
503305A1-F22D-424B-A87D-D2A8FBF4F751.jpeg

7E408FE4-7B58-48F7-BFF6-A7B182859E27.jpeg

I need some help here guys how do my plants look after 41 days of 12/12?
I feel like they should be WAY larger.
Do any of my previous points stand out to you as well after seeing the pictures?
Any input is appreciated!

The tent smells amazing and there are tons of trichomes! Also, I just noticed the first hairs noticeably going orange when I checked them yesterday. Prior to yesterday there was only one or two here or there.
They do look like they are filling out and the bud sites starting to connect slowly.
which leads me to believe that maybe my timing is off, and they are not as far along as I thought in which case all is well and we should see some weight packing on now?

Anyway I feel I've explained my concerns enough.

Thank you for stopping by and as always thank you for your time!
I think they look beautiful and healthy.. 👍👍

Hello Everyone​

It's the weekend so that means its mandatory update time! :laughtwo:

Things have been going well, Tho I do suspect there may be something going on in regard to the bud development.

I have a couple of ideas flowing around tho I haven't pinpointed the issue just yet.
It's probably a mixture of everything at this point. My plan is to continue mission same as before.
I do not want to change too much and in drastic fashion as that would only add more variables to consider.

The best course of action would be to identify all the possible causes and try to correct each one individually in hopes of it righting the ship.

So lets get into it then shall we?

So the biggest splinter in my mind right now is that I AM THE CAUSE! Obviously right? :rofl:

• Light schedule mistake
  • Light intensity drastically increased instantly.
  • Feeding schedule
  • watering schedule
1. I cannot get that 36 hour of daylight mistake out of my nightmares. Although I didn't see any signs of male flowers since that hiccup, and they seemed to take it stride it just haunts me that it happened at all!
There is nothing we can do about this especially now. I just hope that this isn't the reason behind the issues were seeing. The only way to tell is to compare it to the results with the 4x3 tent.

2. The light intensity dramatically increasing also has me wondering??? I added another S22 so about its rated as a 150w light, so it probably pulls 130ish? But 3 of those in a 2x4 and I wonder if it was too much?
If not too much I wonder if the distance to the buds was too close?
I've since raised all 3 panels as high in the tent as they can go and have them set to 100%
Also, I did add the exhale bags for the added benefit of handling more intense light and temps. The bags are fully colonized, and I also adjusted the inline to allow for them to have more access to it but again, it's hard to tell if it's having an effect.
I wonder what we would be seeing if we didnt have them???
See if a never-ending loop of worry :rofl::bongrip:

3. The feeding schedule, in my reading I have come across the thinking that you continue feeding Veg nutrients into flower and during the stretch.
Because they need so much of those nutrients to support the rapid growth of the transition.
This is a MAJOR key for me.
I did not do this with the 2x4, they received bloom week 1 nutrients during the first week of 12/12.
I did try and counter this by repeating week 4 of the feeding schedule during the 5th week of 12/12 schedule.
Hoping that would give them nutrients more in line to what they would be wanting at the stage they should be in.
Again, the only way to truly know is compare the results with the 4x3.

4. As for the watering schedule its simple I could have and should have been watering more?
I have continued to wait to feel for "light" or "lighter" pots. I think this was a major mistake. Although I never let them "drought" or be completely bone dry I think I may have messed up but not allowing them to have as much water available as they probably should have?
This is where the SIPS are so huge because I just make sure they are full and even if they aren't I know I have to get back to the grow in a day or so to fill them up.

Along with those last 2 points I wonder is FWF the best route to go? Should I be feed feed feed with a water sprinkled in every now and then?
This is why I am now building my kit from build a soil so that after this harvest the 2x4 will be getting a soil bed paired with their take and bake kit.
This will allow for a true water only with occasional and optional topdressing or "feedings" due to it being a large bed.
If I can limit the number of inputs, I have to manage I feel it will make for easier more successful grows.
There are so many variables and I'd prefer to limit them and avoid costly mistakes as much as possible.
I don't have the luxury of being able to spend more than a couple of hours at most a day in the garden without running myself into the ground.
I'm hoping this change in soil and how we go about "feeding" the plants can help with balance in life!

The following pictures are from Day 41 of 12/12

Full tent shot
6796625E-145D-4AC6-8457-9734B07F8FF4.jpeg

Purple Gorilla Cookies #2

F5E818CB-2AE9-4532-A33A-A803437ABE76.jpeg

4C547643-972F-4E25-8D68-BADF2CF7835A.jpeg

F65AA594-BE97-4C9F-B202-36F627FAD9AC.jpeg

Coffee Crisps
1BCE936D-8A80-48BA-829A-C357673B95E1.jpeg

Purple Bubba Kush #1 (Suzanne)
7313B4E7-0664-430B-92E5-B931186DB2E4.jpeg

Purple Gorilla Cookies #1
2DD0ECEC-9C6D-4E27-9F94-8FEB2142BEF8.jpeg
E3FEB8A5-97F6-4639-B22F-0C88B2EE025D.jpeg

Purple Bubba Kush #2
503305A1-F22D-424B-A87D-D2A8FBF4F751.jpeg

7E408FE4-7B58-48F7-BFF6-A7B182859E27.jpeg

I need some help here guys how do my plants look after 41 days of 12/12?
I feel like they should be WAY larger.
Do any of my previous points stand out to you as well after seeing the pictures?
Any input is appreciated!

The tent smells amazing and there are tons of trichomes! Also, I just noticed the first hairs noticeably going orange when I checked them yesterday. Prior to yesterday there was only one or two here or there.
They do look like they are filling out and the bud sites starting to connect slowly.
which leads me to believe that maybe my timing is off, and they are not as far along as I thought in which case all is well and we should see some weight packing on now?

Anyway I feel I've explained my concerns enough.

Thank you for stopping by and as always thank you for your time!
Great update. :thumb:
Garden is fantastic, nice work. :welldone:
Hope your weekend is going well my friend.
Take care.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

Brooooo garden looks great!.. if you never mentioned the issues the girls look happy and healthy the sugars and their colours 👌🏼 if that was my garden I wouldn't change anything I don't think they look way off but if they did get stunted at some point their still happy changes could just cause more stress.
Thank you I appreciate it. I am going to continue as normal no changes and let it play out. No sense in panicking. Few more weeks and we'll know what really happened.

Watering bloom feeds week1 flower may affect growth around the stretch a bit but in soil their is usually a build up of nitrogen during veg anything unused pre flip will still be available and used. If you was short I'm sure lower leaves would have got some yellowing?
I have only noticed 2 leaves that have yellowed but that is on the sip and I think Shes just a heavy feeder. She looks the best out of all of them even with a yellow leaf. It's also very low under the plant so more than likely isn't a big deal at all.

Wait for the 4x3 results and compare, best way to get used to your strains and fertilizer your using. Either that or get some run off every feed from the start just to monitor how your plants are eating.

✌🏼 My broo 👊🏽
Yes, I'm hoping that the 3x4 shows us something as far as the best way to feed the plants using these nutrients but also, I'm looking forward to grabbing the soil kit and not having to mix up bottles anymore.
Thank you for the input I always appreciate it!

That's about 50w/sq' which is probably a little high, but I run at about 40 so I don't think that's the problem and your leaves don't look like they're complaining by twisting or folding, so I'd say you're probably OK. Maybe others more dialed in to the light issue can comment.
It looked as if the yellowing was a little premature at the tops of the plants.
Also, Something I forgot to mention in the update regarding the light was the purpling!
On the PBK 2 the purpling is literally SUN TAN! You can see where the leaves directly under a dark purple leaf is green and the purple is only what's been under the intense light.

63B6FCDD-FCD4-4245-9D10-1092A7598AF9.jpeg

97485C52-0C76-4A21-9431-FAD365967A51.jpeg

I saw this as an indication that the lights might have been too intense or maybe too close?

That should be spelled out by your nute line, but generally I feed veg nutes for the first week after flip and then introduce flowering nutes which mainly are just a bit of a decrease in N and an increase in P but nothing too drastic.
This is more in line with what I plan to do going forward. I did this in my 3x4 tent so I can compare results side by side.

And this is why you're converting over to all SIPs next round, right? ;)
This Is why my 4x3 tent WAS CONVERTED to SIPS and the 2 seeds I started for round 3 are already in SIPs since popping above ground :laughtwo:

With the more typical wet/dry thing, the idea in veg is to let them thoroughly dry in between waterings so the plant will build more root mass. But, in flower, that strategy is no longer employed. As Emilya says, you built those roots in veg so you can put them to work in flower. So, especially after the stretch, give them everything they can use. No more letting them dry out completely.
Yes, this may be my biggest issue regarding what I'm seeing in the tent. but again, this won't be an issue any more these are the last plastic pots I'm doing.
If it's not a SIP, then it'll be my 2x4 soil bed

Back to your nute line for the answers here.

2 hours a day!!??! Holy crap. I do like 30 minutes and that's only because I linger. Although I'll admit to spending more time on the weekends just because. You'll get more streamlined with more experience but there shouldn't really be all that much to do on a daily basis. Sometimes it's more time for sure like spraying plants for pests or whatever, but no way this grow thing should consume your life.
Sorry, every other day maybe.
Remember 2 hours is to mix up and ph 5 gallons of feed or water for the 2x4 watering evenly as they're in plastic pots.
Mix up and ph 6 gallons of feed or water for the 3x4 to refill the SIPs defoil and tucking as needed while we go into flower.
And finally mix up and ph 2 to 3 gallons of feed or water for the 2x3 veg and mother tent.

All that after a 10 - 15 hour work day. 2 hours isn't much when you consider how long all that takes.
This is why the need for a system that I don't have to mix up 8 bottles a day is so crucial. It takes far too much time and leaves much room for error when you're rushing and tired.

I think your plants look pretty good. Any issues early can carry through and stunt them a bit, but you should be pretty proud of your efforts with this grow. :thumb:
Thanks Azi! It's all a learning experience hopefully by the end of this grow and with the next round going into flower and the smalls tweaks I've made to that tent we can figure out what if any issues we had and how to better avoid them in the future, but I am pretty happy with them either way for a first grow back after a long break I'm pretty excited!
I think they look beautiful and healthy.. 👍👍
Thank you, I appreciate that!

Great update. :thumb:
Garden is fantastic, nice work. :welldone:
Hope your weekend is going well my friend.
Take care.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎
Thank you Bill I appreciate your input! It is always appreciated!
My weekend has been relaxing! Hope yours has been as well!

They look perfect for their age Lootz! And your head is full of questions like mine is! Sometimes they just look better to us(everyone but you) I think. :laugh: Great work!
Thanks Stone! My head is always full of questions seems answers are harder to come by tho :rofl:

Thats probably one of the truest statements ever! :laughtwo: I'm always way more critical of my own work for sure!

6F938170-266B-4CA1-8814-4A25E862662F.jpeg

Couple of photos from last night.
They needed water and received week 5 nutrients

They do look like there’s been growth since I seen them last.
Will be keeping up on their watering a bit more and see what happens.

74C6CD2B-7209-40B8-85D4-B0DE66727A59.jpeg

Coffee crisps

E918F30E-D1AC-48F9-8DC9-945250A76B83.jpeg

Pbk1
CAF52653-5BE5-4DC8-AB25-10A57BABDC8B.jpeg

DC2DAFCF-655D-412E-B0C3-63229E3DEB2A.jpeg
7A197523-9CEB-4D27-8E04-3106ADBBB8AA.jpeg
611A46E4-EC36-44B5-8598-25FF7C356736.jpeg

PGC1
3E9C077F-3652-4551-ADE0-2ADAE2ABE179.jpeg

Pgc2
A3700927-B5E5-4AB4-9F3D-2320876EB08E.jpeg

B3198156-5001-4BE8-B567-F4BA77C04671.jpeg
87E886D1-627D-4399-AC6D-55F1E9956740.jpeg

Lootz so happy to see an update from you, your garden looks beautiful and healthy💕, I am a newbie so I am unsure what growth should look like at 41 days into flower, but if things are smelling great and covered in trichomes I wouldn’t let it worry you to much. They don’t seem to have any deficiencies and appear happy🌸🌸 I hope all is well with you.

Lootz so happy to see an update from you, your garden looks beautiful and healthy💕, I am a newbie so I am unsure what growth should look like at 41 days into flower, but if things are smelling great and covered in trichomes I wouldn’t let it worry you to much. They don’t seem to have any deficiencies and appear happy🌸🌸 I hope all is well with you.
Thanks CH:green_heart:

Yea after hearing everyone's feedback I'm easing up a little bit on the garden and myself!

I have to remind myself this is not a FINALE grow, this is the RETURN! There are countless grows planned after this one.
And just like all the grows before this one it's all a learning experience.
As long as I pull valuable experiences from this grow to help me on the next then this grow was successful.
I've already carried over some of the experiences to my SIP journal and the results are already showing.
For a first grow back after such a long break I really shouldn't be so hard on myself.

I really shouldn't complain.

Thank you for stopping by and your feedback its appreciated!

While I'm up far too early and trying to kill time why not give a quick update.

I checked on the ladies yesterday and for the first time opening the tent I noticed orange hairs at first glance.
Still, plenty of white hairs tho just enough that when I opened the tent it caught my attention.

"Oh, that's different."

0A388CC5-1730-4F5E-949E-CBA5C20C112A.jpeg

That prompted me to bust out the scope and see the trichomes up close. I have the 1000x 4k magnifier, but it is taking some getting used to. I'll have pictures soon.
I was able to get some very good close ups at the buds and verify that there are hardly any amber trichomes at all.
This is rather encouraging because while looking at the calendar trying to guestimate where these plants should be this helps to paint a clearer picture and decide where about they actually are.

7F57E30C-4BAA-487D-99D6-0B6BF337B604.jpeg

Little bit of math early in morning anyone?

The first day of 12/12 was Sun. Jan. 15th
This means we are finishing week 7 of 12/12. Today at lights on will be day 47 to be exact.

If we follow that way of thinking, then the PBK for instance according to the breeder recommendations

(Which I'm so glad I documented because it's no longer available on the website! will be grabbing the information on all my seeds I currently have just in case that ever happens again.)

Says 56-63 days flowering time. Counting from Jan 15th,
Day 56 is March 11 (10 days away)
Day 63 is March 18 (17 days away)

Now let's say we account for 2 weeks of transition into flower. Without going back through the entire journal to find exactly when flowers started lets just add a generic 2 weeks from the start of 12/12.
That would mean we were currently finishing week 5. that would make today day 33.

56-63 days flowering time. Counting from Jan. 29th
Day 56 is March 25 (24 days away)
Day 63 is April 1 (31 days away)

As you can see that's a pretty significant amount of time. And could make all the difference when we start considering yield.
Although I don't want to solely focus on the yield because there's much more than that.

I've chosen the PBK to run a few more times at least. My goal is to really dial this strain in, part of that is knowing this timing. Obviously, there's a bit of personal preference to when to make the chop. But there's a lot of growth that could happen during those weeks.

Chopping March 11 or 18 could mean losing out on some the most important weeks of flower.

I think it is best to follow the second way of thinking unless the plants show me something different.
Also, important to mention is that's where they are on the feeding schedule now as well.
The worst that can happen is we let them go a bit too long and we get good nighttime smoke.
Better that than chopping too early.

Other than that, there isn't much to report. Keeping them less thirsty going forward and counting down the days!

4F96917F-5CD9-4A41-A191-C6A291B25C1B.jpeg

Thank you for stopping in and hope you all have better mornings than me! :laughtwo:

Enjoy the photo dump from 3/1/23

063FD39F-5E88-4079-A752-6F7C9CC98AD7.jpeg

47EC5D7B-7323-48A6-8C70-535C8DAC4930.jpeg

FA5CB497-D82F-42CB-98F5-053E90C1657D.jpeg

52994A0D-CF26-476C-9E6B-E7934458F2A4.jpeg

978AB790-0E0A-491C-B244-1D27D5251AAC.jpeg

8B9F7455-7C75-4AB4-A8D8-C210D4FCEDD7.jpeg

8DF74F33-7EEF-48C8-BCD6-7F35473A5CF8.jpeg

I hope your morning improves as the day goes on. I do agree with your way of thinking when it comes to flowering time, I think my days are off as well as I started counting flower days I believe 7 days after the flip or maybe less.
On a side note, I just love the purple colored leaves, definitely adds a pop color.

While I'm up far too early and trying to kill time why not give a quick update.

I checked on the ladies yesterday and for the first time opening the tent I noticed orange hairs at first glance.
Still, plenty of white hairs tho just enough that when I opened the tent it caught my attention.

"Oh, that's different."

0A388CC5-1730-4F5E-949E-CBA5C20C112A.jpeg

That prompted me to bust out the scope and see the trichomes up close. I have the 1000x 4k magnifier, but it is taking some getting used to. I'll have pictures soon.
I was able to get some very good close ups at the buds and verify that there are hardly any amber trichomes at all.
This is rather encouraging because while looking at the calendar trying to guestimate where these plants should be this helps to paint a clearer picture and decide where about they actually are.

7F57E30C-4BAA-487D-99D6-0B6BF337B604.jpeg

Little bit of math early in morning anyone?

The first day of 12/12 was Sun. Jan. 15th
This means we are finishing week 7 of 12/12. Today at lights on will be day 47 to be exact.

If we follow that way of thinking, then the PBK for instance according to the breeder recommendations

(Which I'm so glad I documented because it's no longer available on the website! will be grabbing the information on all my seeds I currently have just in case that ever happens again.)

Says 56-63 days flowering time. Counting from Jan 15th,
Day 56 is March 11 (10 days away)
Day 63 is March 18 (17 days away)

Now let's say we account for 2 weeks of transition into flower. Without going back through the entire journal to find exactly when flowers started lets just add a generic 2 weeks from the start of 12/12.
That would mean we were currently finishing week 5. that would make today day 33.

56-63 days flowering time. Counting from Jan. 29th
Day 56 is March 25 (24 days away)
Day 63 is April 1 (31 days away)

As you can see that's a pretty significant amount of time. And could make all the difference when we start considering yield.
Although I don't want to solely focus on the yield because there's much more than that.

I've chosen the PBK to run a few more times at least. My goal is to really dial this strain in, part of that is knowing this timing. Obviously, there's a bit of personal preference to when to make the chop. But there's a lot of growth that could happen during those weeks.

Chopping March 11 or 18 could mean losing out on some the most important weeks of flower.

I think it is best to follow the second way of thinking unless the plants show me something different.
Also, important to mention is that's where they are on the feeding schedule now as well.
The worst that can happen is we let them go a bit too long and we get good nighttime smoke.
Better that than chopping too early.

Other than that, there isn't much to report. Keeping them less thirsty going forward and counting down the days!

4F96917F-5CD9-4A41-A191-C6A291B25C1B.jpeg

Thank you for stopping in and hope you all have better mornings than me! :laughtwo:

Enjoy the photo dump from 3/1/23

063FD39F-5E88-4079-A752-6F7C9CC98AD7.jpeg

47EC5D7B-7323-48A6-8C70-535C8DAC4930.jpeg

FA5CB497-D82F-42CB-98F5-053E90C1657D.jpeg

52994A0D-CF26-476C-9E6B-E7934458F2A4.jpeg

978AB790-0E0A-491C-B244-1D27D5251AAC.jpeg

8B9F7455-7C75-4AB4-A8D8-C210D4FCEDD7.jpeg

8DF74F33-7EEF-48C8-BCD6-7F35473A5CF8.jpeg

Looking beautiful bro don't get too wrapped up on days that's just for guide and it depends on what high your looking for like you said. I'd stick with from flip to save math and confusion but let the plants tell you and then use your harvest date as your new guide on the clones best way to familiarise with repeating a strain. I think mine could have done a extra week to breeders recommendation but didn't know if I'd get more amber's during flush so next round I'll do just that. But definitely looking very frosty! I want more frost! 🤣👌🏼

I hope your morning improves as the day goes on. I do agree with your way of thinking when it comes to flowering time, I think my days are off as well as I started counting flower days I believe 7 days after the flip or maybe less.
On a side note, I just love the purple colored leaves, definitely adds a pop color.
I think it matters especially because of the nutrients line and feeding schedule that I’m using.
It cuts out K mid flower then brings it back and drops nitrogen significantly.
Being that it’s a 2 part system I think my feeding them bloom “too soon” while still needing higher levels of N may have caused a little issue but only time will tell if this is truly correct my next run that’s going I did it this way so we’ll see if they form differently than this round

I think the colors are amazing!
Everyone loves some purple in their buds!

Looking beautiful bro don't get too wrapped up on days that's just for guide and it depends on what high you’re looking for like you said. I'd stick with from flip to save math and confusion but let the plants tell you and then use your harvest date as your new guide on the clones best way to familiarise with repeating a strain. I think mine could have done a extra week to breeders recommendation but didn't know if I'd get more amber's during flush so next round I'll do just that. But definitely looking very frosty! I want more frost! 🤣👌🏼
Thank you homie like it said in my reply to CH I think it may be important because of the nutrients and the feeding schedule.
Either way if I go longer it makes sure I don’t pull early and if anything I can pull them when I see it’s ready and more what day that ends up being from both perspectives.
Either way we’re gunna let them ride out and see what happens

HELLO AND WELCOME!​

We are nearing that beautiful time!

8F256819-D5AF-466F-B940-40A261182859.jpeg

We are finishing week 8 of 12/12 in the 2x4 and the plants look and smell amazing!
Unfortunately, at a couple different stages but that's ok it will be less work intensive to take down.

The PBK 1 & 2 are ready any day now really. No more white pistils. I checked the trichomes and they look ready to go.
PBK 2
could have a little more amber, but I think I'm going to call it on her given the look and the lack of many clear trichomes.
DA148903-21D6-4BF5-A802-600EC205A07F.jpeg

0C28196D-0F4F-4DBB-964A-5E42936114D0.jpeg

The PGC 1 & 2 look like they could go another week or so pistils have just started to go brown and pinkish, and they seem to be adding a little weight as they continue to go along. the trichomes look like they have a little more to go so I'll continue to monitor them.
79CC7DD2-BEF3-4A6F-A054-87A446549A92.jpeg

09F7EAE8-17D6-47AC-BE6B-49120FA589FF.jpeg

The Coffee looks to be stealing the show! Shes got tons of white pistils still and putting on crazy weight! She has spears that have connected down surprisingly pretty far down the branch. I just recently noticed a hair or two going orange and she seems like she has more time to go for sure. The trichomes are nowhere near ready yet so she will be the last to come down. I'm letting her finish on her own time.
EBEAC953-2B6F-4006-9282-150C08A40635.jpeg

There is no rush to take them down. I would actually prefer them to need more time.
I would like to be a little more prepared to chop but if a plant is ready then its ready.
Another reason I would prefer them to go a little longer is to give me a bit more time to prepare for the next chapter as I transition the garden to living soil beds!

I purchased a 2x4 and 3x3 soil bed and 2 take and bake kits from build a soil. I also purchased their no til amendment kit which they say is good for about 12 plants.
I should have about 140 gallons of soil between the 2 beds. I'm hoping that by front loading the work nutritionally and letting nature take the wheel it will allow me to focus more on the plants and managing the garden.
I simply do not have the time to follow a bottle schedule with the size of the garden that I have.
I've wanted to make this organic change when I started growing again which is why I chose Roots Organic while still going the bottled route as I was used to. Basically, playing the fence intimidated by something new.

The more I've been reading and researching the more I'm drawn to the whole idea.
I'm excited to get the soil but there is NO RUSH!
I'm more excited to hit the reset button and kind of "start over" so to speak.

I'm not truly starting from scratch because now I have clones and mothers of strains that I'm excited to GROW AGAIN.
The pressure of getting to a harvest is now off. There's a level of calm now. :Namaste: :rofl:
I want to make sure I work out any kinks from this first grow and the SIP grow before just jumping headfirst into a new frontier.
There is a ton of cleaning in my future! 🧼

The 5 P's
  • Proper
  • Planning
  • Prevents
  • Poor
  • Performance
The more I can do now to set myself up for success the better off I will be! So, in order to do this, we will be shutting down the 2x4 after harvest in preparation for the soil bed.
I originally planned to run 2 SIPs of new strains I started but those will probably be mothers. I don't want to uppot them from SIPs. Tho I have before I'd rather not make that a habit. When I get clones from them, I will flower those instead.
After my 4x3 finishes I will be doing that as well.
Although it's killing the "perpetual" nonstop cycling of plants I feel like it's totally worth it in the long run and will make going the distance much easier. with clones and mothers of 4 strains we'll be back on track in a better method in no time!

I made the purchase today but there's some back ordered items so there's still time before any of this really kicks off.

So, let's get back to the here and now.

I made a mistake while watering last weekend. I think I forgot to PH my feeding! I opened the tent and saw obvious PH issues on the PBK 2 the very next day!

D1C1615B-BECA-4359-928B-7ED877E78FDC.jpeg

The other plants didn't look affected at all. But to try and react I did a flush with 3 gallons of water on the PBK2 with RO water not adjusted to leech out anything. I only gave everything else a little over a gallon. To my surprise all the other plants looked to actually appreciate it.
Light bulb 💡moment I probably could have done a flush before the need for it, and it would have been a big help.
I also feel that had I watered more there wouldn't have been as much fluctuation in the soil for the need for it in the first place.
Live and learn.
Being this close to the end there's no reason to stress it too much.

I will say Im excited to get the plants and soil out there has been another explosion of fungus gnats recently. I want to clean and rid them of my space.
Another reason why there's no rush to get the soil and open a single bag.
The more living plants I can remove from the area and soil to attract them and give them a reason to be there the better.

In the meantime, I did purchase some Dr Zymes and did a soil drench of all the tents today. Even tho the 2x4 is soon to come down killing anything that could possibly transfer to the other tents or spill over to after the transition should be eradicated.

IF and a BIG IF I'm able to get the grow room cleaned and reorganized tomorrow AND get the dry tent set up, I MIGHT take down the PBK 1 & 2
I'm going to try like hell to get it done because otherwise I won't be able to until next weekend and they look very ready to go. Next week I expect the PGC to be ready and would like to take that down if ready.

8CE4B914-468C-4C74-A4F6-A94FE19A3332.jpeg

@greenvein This would mean you were right about them finishing in the breeder's recommended timeline from flipping to 12/12. Although I will say I do think I fed bloom nutes a bit too early based on what I'm seeing growth wise from the 4x3 It would have been better to continue counting from flipping to 12/12 but feeding bloom a little later into it.

0232DC6F-299C-4F53-A205-499FA87DFE42.jpeg

I also did give the PBK 1 a squeeze and HOLY SHIT! It's like having a rock on a stick! If I hit someone in the face with a branch it would hurt. period.
I don't plan on testing that but take my word for it!

F29947BB-31F8-41AE-8CEC-5769CB599A20.jpeg

Thank you as always for stopping by!
We are in the final stretch, and I appreciate you all following along and helping me along the way.
Thank you for your time!

Looking good bro, almost trim jail time 🤣 hopefully your old man will help you because I'm beat 😂 I do a couple hours a day but today I have the man flew so not leaving the house lol. My mother/auto tent is suffering again as one of my tube heaters failed and my lung room is low for last bits that are dry waiting trim 🤦🏽‍♂️

The 5 P's
  • Proper
  • Planning
  • Prevents
  • Poor
  • Performance

This this this. I put everything I’m gonna need into my pots/area before the plant even goes in. Then once it’s in I put a little more on top. This lets the plant pick and choose what it needs when it needs it and I’m not stuck trying to feed it with my waterings. The only thing I add to my water is about 50 ppms of non chelated organic calcium and magnesium, that’s it.

Flower is a bit different depending on the final container size. If I’m at 7 gallons and above I don’t need to top dress anything because everything fits. Anything below and I’ll add a few light top dressings as we go.

As for your current grow, everything looks really good. You pulled it back from the brink and now have some quality looking flowers to show for it. Good job.

Looking good bro, almost trim jail time 🤣 hopefully your old man will help you because I'm beat 😂 I do a couple hours a day but today I have the man flew so not leaving the house lol. My mother/auto tent is suffering again as one of my tube heaters failed and my lung room is low for last bits that are dry waiting trim 🤦🏽‍♂️
Oh he’s definitely helping when I bought that last round of grow supplies I ordered him his own trim bin kit 😂 another example of the 5 P’s working in my favor.
If I plan to have the necessary tools for him to help there’s no reason he can’t lmfao
But nah hes down to help trim for sure I just gotta teach him how.
I’m pretty quick when it comes to trimming tho pbk1 Suzanne would prolly only take me a couple doobies and a few episodes of *insert mind numbing background tv show

Today is going to be spent drawing up my plans and contingencies to avoid those little issues like that from happening in my grow room. My mothers are snapping back from my neglect I’m trying to rectify it by giving them ALL my attention today
This this this. I put everything I’m gonna need into my pots/area before the plant even goes in. Then once it’s in I put a little more on top. This lets the plant pick and choose what it needs when it needs it and I’m not stuck trying to feed it with my waterings. The only thing I add to my water is about 50 ppms of non chelated organic calcium and magnesium, that’s it.

Flower is a bit different depending on the final container size. If I’m at 7 gallons and above I don’t need to top dress anything because everything fits. Anything below and I’ll add a few light top dressings as we go.
❤️ This was my reasoning behind doing the soil beds. The T&B kit I bought mixes up 70 gallons of soil.
with 4 plants in it would be about 17.5 gallons of soil each
With 3 plants that’s 23.3 gallons of soil each

I can fit more plants in my 4x3 so doing say
6 in the 70 gal comes out to just under 12 gallons per plant.

With this I “shouldn’t” have to do too much in terms of feeding.
The top dressing and extras that I do add will be more geared toward keeping the levels in the soil up so it’s not too depleted for next round.
But they should have everything and more without me stressing it too much
I think after my second run or so I’ll pay for a soil test just to dial it back in idk that I’m that comfortable to do that myself just yet.
As for your current grow, everything looks really good. You pulled it back from the brink and now have some quality looking flowers to show for it. Good job.
Yea this grow has been a wild one! I owe YOU 🫵🏽 a lot of credit! Your input was so critical.
Plan your work and work your plan has always worked for me Boots! Looks like you too! What a grow!
Indeed! The more time you spend preparing plan A the less you have to rely on the need for a plan B
I learned a lot this grow. First one back after a while and you remember the book worm knowledge.
I’m sure most of us know a lot more about cannabis than people we know and can talk about all steps to growing it with ease.
But remembering how and currently doing are 2 totally different things.

With the first grow almost in the books I can really step back with some info see what went wrong can be improved and really dial it in next time!

❤️ This was my reasoning behind doing the soil beds. The T&B kit I bought mixes up 70 gallons of soil.
with 4 plants in it would be about 17.5 gallons of soil each
With 3 plants that’s 23.3 gallons of soil each

I can fit more plants in my 4x3 so doing say
6 in the 70 gal comes out to just under 12 gallons per plant.

With this I “shouldn’t” have to do too much in terms of feeding.
The top dressing and extras that I do add will be more geared toward keeping the levels in the soil up so it’s not too depleted for next round.
But they should have everything and more without me stressing it too much
I think after my second run or so I’ll pay for a soil test just to dial it back in idk that I’m that comfortable to do that myself just yet

The hardest part is going to be setting it all up.. with that amount of soil, you’re either gonna need to have extra plants or another hobby because you’re not gonna have to do much of anything once you’re actually growing.

I’m only in 3 gallons right now because I’m trying to test myself and wanna see how far I can push a small pot. (I’ve pushed it much further than I thought I could 😂) After this, I’m likely gonna settle with two or three 15 gallon pots.

Yea this grow has been a wild one! I owe YOU 🫵🏽 a lot of credit! Your input was so critical

The credit is all yours. You sought out the info then employed it successfully. It may sound simple, but people constantly fail at knowing when to ask, as well as failing to actually use the information they’re given.

The hardest part is going to be setting it all up..
it can’t be harder than trying to do what I’m doing now I’m looking forward to getting my hands dirty doing a little hard work on the front end
with that amount of soil, you’re either gonna need to have extra plants or another hobby because you’re not gonna have to do much of anything once you’re actually growing.
If it gets that easy I may need to start thinking of my dream grow room conversion instead of tents
I’m only in 3 gallons right now because I’m trying to test myself and wanna see how far I can push a small pot. (I’ve pushed it much further than I thought I could 😂) After this, I’m likely gonna settle with two or three 15 gallon pots.
I couldn’t imagine im trying to get away from having to be so precise with watering and so on top of them I want to be able to sit back and watch the garden not be rushing to get a watering in before one of my jobs 😂
The credit is all yours. You sought out the info then employed it successfully. It may sound simple, but people constantly fail at knowing when to ask, as well as failing to actually use the information they’re given.
Thank you! I may be calling on your experience in the future as I start to make that transition!

Back
Top Bottom