Day 46​

Hello and welcome. Today at lights on will be Day 46 from seed for our ladies.
They have started to bush out with the latest bit lst and super cropping done.

D3587254-1414-4230-B8CE-56CC3D0457AC.jpeg

Yesterday Day 45 I didn't do much there was no need. I organized a branch or two but that's it.
On Day 44 however I did do a bit of super cropping and lst with some wooden skewers poked into the soil.

I was especially heavy on the super cropping with the Coffee Crisps she is living up to the sativa in her genetics and stretching out quite a bit.
She has long internodal spacing and not much growth besides that. It doesn't look like she plans to branch out much if at all.

CC 2
A46A23A5-5440-4425-947F-459F591EC123.jpeg

When I checked her yesterday Day 45, she was about 13" tall. Only and inch taller than anything else on her level in the canopy. My hope was that by bending her down more and pinching her branches she would "slow" down a bit, but she hardened the stems and continued to grow out. She may become an issue in flower.

CC 2
8D43AD65-9623-4B67-A167-54E0D924ACE4.jpeg

The Purple Gorilla Cookies seems to be a more balanced hybrid. They both have thinner leaves and have some stretch to them, but much more secondary branching than the CC and PGC 1 branching a little bit more than PGC 2.
It is important to note that PGC 1 was accidentally cloned on 12/26. That was essentially a second topping as it was from the top node and allowed for more light into the center of the plant.

PGC 1
D45FE033-E408-4A3B-A938-AED5648F115C.jpeg

This more than likely has everything to do with the differences in branching because they are otherwise identical in a lot of ways. They both have purple stems since their first nodes developed and it looks to be genetic. Hopefully that translates to the buds when they develop.

PGC 2
D8341996-24E6-4BCB-8C07-D58006D30394.jpeg

The Purple Bubba Kush is as Bubba Kush as it can get. Incredibly tight node spacing and so much secondary branching that it makes air flow nearly impossible through the top leaves without constant defoliation.
This in turn causes the plant to grow 2 for every 1 you pulled and grow even bushier.
Without trying they take the shape of little globes and distribute all their energy evenly to every branch.
It makes a lollipop to get rid of some of the stuff "underneath" the canopy hard because she naturally brings it all to the top on her own.
All of which are what makes it my favorite plant to grow and why it was a must have if I was going to grow again.

PBK 2
ACA4892A-EB35-4B2D-B2BC-9A2D615948C3.jpeg

They should be snapping out of the abuse I gave them recently (transplant, super crop, lst) today and be ready for a tad bit more. :laughtwo:
I don't want to bother them too much. I also don't want to get behind the ball here and wait too long.
The reality is the tent is only 2x4 and it seems my biggest challenge as a grower has shown itself again.

I ALWAYS OVERESTIMATE WHEN TO FLIP! :rofl:

Keeping them in check is going to be critical. I've started debating grabbing some plant risers to bring the 3-gal pots level with Suzanne and installing a net to do more to maintain it.

I noticed a little light green starting on a few of the top leaves. I think this may be to watering at too high of a PH recently.
They look as if they need water again which makes sense, it has been about 4 days or so since they were transplanted and watered.
It's been even longer since they were fed and look like they could use it. They will be fed with week 4 of the veg schedule at full strength tonight.
I waited a bit after lights on to see if they would perk up some before making the decision. They did but not enough to stop me from watering.
On top of that, I have plans to help a friend this weekend I will not have time to mix up a feeding and water the entire garden. They will be left to go without until Monday when I can get back and really water if they needed it.
I will still be stopping in but will not have the time nor energy to do much.

56CC3835-600A-43B9-9D12-41163CCC1B75.jpeg

This will be their last feeding before flipping to flower. When we do make the switch to flower, I will follow the feeding schedule much more closely than I have to this point.
They should be drinking much more, and we won't be aiming for dry periods as much so I'm ballparking a FWF with the second feed being the following week on the schedule.

I got a 5 subject notebook to start my own written journal. This will make it easier to translate the information and increase the accuracy of this journal.
It will be much quicker to flip through that than to scroll back through here to track things like waterings, feeding schedules and timing of current and future grows.
0907ED9B-B38B-4A43-8D2B-B44AABE1E9CB.jpeg

I watered to run off on the garden at full strength. The Coffee Crisps took the most before finally running off.
It took about almost a gallon before she started to drip. The rest took 3/4 of a gal until they started to drip.

I placed them all in the tent and didn't remove any leaves tho I had the mind to.
More importantly the need was there. I just don't like pulling leaves after watering.
I prefer taking them when she seems to not have a care in the world.
Tomorrow after lights on tho it will be time to defoil anything back that I don't want to go into flower for all the obvious reasons.

0B9B4152-8340-4077-86D1-BC9898DAEF09.jpeg

A69E2E90-9A5D-4DF7-A3C5-E1BD482233B7.jpeg

Outside of that I think things are going pretty well.
There's plenty to be excited about as we finish out our last week of veg the ladies look good and clones for the next round should be ready any day now as well.
The SIP journal is still going strong and has a major update coming tomorrow also.

Thank you for your time and thank you for stopping by

They're thriving under your care Lootz. Great work thus far!

Looking forward! :Rasta:

Day 52 (Day 3 Flower)​

Hello and welcome back! I've been away from the forums the past couple of days and been super busy with a lot more than the tents.
So please excuse my absence.

D0542F01-E6C9-4D0F-A0A1-C5F6AC81C849.jpeg

D3179BD2-A6DB-403D-8911-F90364706FF2.jpeg

The plants were turned to flower on Sunday 1/15/23. The schedule was originally 3pm on - 9am off
This allows the lights to be on during the coldest parts of the night and allows the heater in the garage to do minimal work keeping the "nighttime" temps within 10 degrees of lights on. I turned the heater to turn on 15 minutes on 15 minutes off regardless of temperature.
Before it was set to the thermostat of the 3x4 tent which wasn't really helpful to the 2x4 in flower and keeping them the same. This on off method works better and ensures temps aren't let to drop too low ever.
At 7am on 1/15 I turned the lights off and set them to come back on at 7pm. This means they received their first full 12 hours of darkness on 1/15. I have begun counting from that point as Day 1.

2EC74D4F-611D-4064-9CC4-2B472B212B5B.jpeg

E8E3A3B9-41BA-4AEE-B9A2-675B096467C4.jpeg

They had some noticeable stretch after the first 12 hours. This prompted me to do a little bit of super cropping to slow them down early.
PGC 1 The same one that the entire top branch broke off causing us to clone it early and act as a "second topping".
While trying to bend the final branch it snapped as soon as I touched it! It didn't withstand a single bit of pressure before snapping! I was able to place it and wrap it with some medical tape.

14218F6C-112F-4C5F-91A9-7F680EBAEB46.jpeg

D39C766D-C6A9-4BBA-B242-5F1F8B82C160.jpeg

83F7FB2A-FD11-41EF-B18C-0DB0B8BDA18E.jpeg

On 12/16 there wasn't much to report as I wasn't able to get over and check on them.

That brings us to yesterday 12/17 Day 52 and 3 of Flower
All Plants praying & visibly thriving. Previous signs of Cal/ mag def. have cleared.
All the plants have begun throwing pistils tho no buds have begun to form just yet. They were already showing sex but its notable to mention that since switching to flower I no longer have to go looking for them.
All Plants dry and needing water! According to our FWF schedule, they should have received water yesterday. But I decided to go with Week 1 of flower at full strength.
As drinking picks up, I will throw a water only between feedings so long as it doesn't make us miss a weekly feeding within the scheduled week.
Basically, feedings will be prioritized over waterings IF we have to choose.

Flower week 1 Full Strength
Buddha GROW 10 ml/gal
Buddha BLOOM 10 ml/gal
Trinity 15 ml/gal
Ancient Amber 15 ml/gal
Extreme Serene 5 ml/gal
HP 2 10 ml/gal
Cal/mag 5ml/gal *added to water first
4 gal mixed up and PH 6.35

D7F5B533-43B3-4B8C-B6BE-7DCB57F49FCB.jpeg

PBK 1 (Suzanne) 1 gal top fed & res filled w/ Cal/mag PH 6.3
PBK 2 3/4 gal to run off.
PGC 1 1 gal to run off.
* Taped Broken limb seems repaired tape left on
PGC 2 1 gal to run off.
CC 2 3/4 gal to run off.

3BE5ED55-B67D-43E7-8AED-348B36379529.jpeg

No training or defoil done.
Stretch has started, so long as the 3g pots stay level with or below Suzanne I believe stretch shouldn't be too difficult to maintain.

I also grabbed some veggies to start.
I will be expanding the grow soon with another light for the 3x4 tent.
I will have the veggies and vegging plants in the 3x3 tent as they prepare for flower in future grows.
Only the peppers for now. I have mixed greens, a cherry tomato hybrid, and baby spinach as well.
Just a couple of things to play with in the meantime.
25A27454-7F9C-430B-A4DD-68E8429FFBAC.jpeg

We're cruising right now. Just watching and waiting for them to show us what they need.
It's been a ton of work to get to this point, luckily the framework will make our future grows much easier!
Thats the plan anyway.

I appreciate your time and thank you for stopping by!

Welcome back Lootz glad to see all is going well with them! Glad to see you getting in on the veggies too, we have these tents and lights and if there's space, why not? Just two days ago I started up two lettuce kratky jars just to play around. Might as well!

Garden looks banging bro, time to get some hairy balls! That green they are makes them look 10/10. 3days I was like did he make the flip 🤣🤣

Before it was set to the thermostat of the 3x4 tent which wasn't really helpful to the 2x4 in flower and keeping them the same. This on off method works better and ensures temps aren't let to drop too low ever.
My heating is run practically the same as yours except I have less space.. this caused me no issues untill harvest when drying temps have to be low my veg tent suffered a bit. I already ordered some tube heaters for next time.
PGC 1 The same one that the entire top branch broke off causing us to clone it early and act as a "second topping".
While trying to bend the final branch it snapped as soon as I touched it! It didn't withstand a single bit of pressure before snapping!
That pgc1 is preparing for some weight! She knows what's coming!

On 12/16 there wasn't much to report as I wasn't able to get over and check on them.
you still in December? 🤔

I will definitely be doing some veg at some point just wish I had more room!

Hope all is well ✌🏼

Welcome back Lootz glad to see all is going well with them! Glad to see you getting in on the veggies too, we have these tents and lights and if there's space, why not? Just two days ago I started up two lettuce kratky jars just to play around. Might as well!
Thank you! I'm excited about the veggies! I just have to make a little bit more space when I get the final tent running, so I can really give them the space and attention they deserve.
Garden looks banging bro, time to get some hairy balls! That green they are makes them look 10/10. 3days I was like did he make the flip 🤣🤣
Thanks bud! Its appreciated. Yes, I've been crazy busy! Helping my lady move, trying to balance work and full time in the tent it's been a little tight on time to update.
But rest assured the grow is getting all the attention necessary. We're right on schedule!
My heating is run practically the same as yours except I have less space.. this caused me no issues untill harvest when drying temps have to be low my veg tent suffered a bit. I already ordered some tube heaters for next time.
When I dry, I will most likely do that inside. I think temps will be a bit more stable.
At least that's the hope. I admittedly haven't thought that far ahead yet. But now the ideas bouncing so we'll see.
That pgc1 is preparing for some weight! She knows what's coming!
Yea very resilient thus far. I will say after the SIP run tho, I may choose to retire her for the PGC2
I am liking the shape a bit more but it's still far too early to tell.
you still in December? 🤔
OMG :rofl: yea I told you it's been crazy lol you know what I meant lol
I will definitely be doing some veg at some point just wish I had more room!

Hope all is well ✌🏼
Yea as I expand well add more. Its always been a desire of mine to grow more than just pot.
Time to make it reality. Even if it's only 1 plant for now.
Looking good in your neighborhood Lootz! :Rasta:
Thank you! I am loving the results thus far! I saw you've been chopping lately yea?
I have to catch up on some reading, but I believe I saw that while checking in?
Your plants are looking great!
And orange habs are a good choice, they love the same conditions as weed!
Thank you!
Yea that was a big reason why I chose them.
Plus, I believe I will be able to fertilize with my roots nutrients.
Obviously on a much simpler feeding schedule.
Very excited to test and tinker and see what happens.

Hello Everyone!​

Day 13 FLOWER

Hope you all have been well and your gardens full and lush!

1686D53D-31A2-425A-8F81-36D9C6C9D734.jpeg

These have been so hard to do as I have been grinding! Luckily tho it has not been for nothing.
When I had to pick up and move the grow suddenly it was more than just relocating a few plants. It really was moving my entire life and starting over.
Had I chosen to take it all down and given up on the grow I don't know that anyone could have blamed me.
Persistence has always been one of my best qualities. Some would call it stubborn or being hard headed.
It's always served me well and this past month and a half has been no different.

There's so much going on and It's been nice to be able to sit down and write it all up so let's get to it.

Today is DAY 13 since the flip.
The stretch is just about over on the PBK 2 and PGC 2. Both are definitely indica dominant.
The PGC 2 and CC 2 are very leggy and have doubled in size quickly. They both closed the gap on Suzanne, and it looks as if the canopy is going to finish out fairly even all things considered.
I didn't do much in the way of training, so I think we got pretty lucky.

862E77A7-E768-47C6-AA94-FB9E037C3031.jpeg

I have stuck to watering on a pretty strict schedule that has worked FOR NOW. But they're starting to drink noticeably quicker.
Wednesday = Feed / Saturday = Water.
They currently take a gallon of water or so to get a slight run off.
I mix up 4 gallons of feed and/or water PH to 6.3 and spread it slowly across the garden.

I have had to do a little bit of defoil to increase light penetration and airflow. I have been hesitant to do too much but yesterday on Day 12 I decided to do a heavy trim across the garden and pull a bunch of leaves and lower larfy branching that won't amount to much later on.
I was nervous at first but once the scissors get to going. I turn into Edward scissor hands and start sculpting animals or so it feels :rofl:.

D190D4F4-3216-422F-9E48-7514FC94C9C1.jpeg

I was really happy with the results and love the way the light and air flows now. I think it was necessary to do and glad I didn't waste any more time. I had to remind myself were in it for buds not vibrant leaves.

58C7EEA4-087B-4E6A-AACF-7934CE044FE9.jpeg

The buds have officially started. and it looks like we should get a fair number of colas. For a first run after a loooong break I'll take it.
With the SIP journal coming right behind this grow I'm not too concerned about yield honestly.
This was a grow to knock the rust off, dial in the setup and find a strain to maximize. So far so good I'd say...

It's so invigorating coming back to the tent and seeing the results!
I really feel in sync with the grow even tho I've been up and down I don't feel like I'm inattentive or out of touch with it. It's quite the opposite actually.
The time away from the tents have made me a bit more deliberate in my actions and I think it's paying off.
I may make 1 day on / 1 day off in the garden a permanent change :laughtwo: (I wouldn't let your significant other read that)

538E89A0-250B-4293-BC12-1F4C45DCBD60.jpeg

There has not been much action in the tent other than the stretch coming to an end and keeping the pots watered, adjust the lights a bit and be deliberate in defoil.
Auto Pilot activated. :cool:

There is still plenty of stuff going on in our multiverse. I will be updating and documenting the changes in Suzanne's journal, but I think it would help to ask the question here as this journal seems to get more traction and I need to make a decision soon.

Ok maybe the decision is already made I'd just like some feedback from fellow growers with real life experience and subject knowledge.

The SIP journal focuses on the 4x3 tent. Currently I have the 250w Clu COB fixture from Timber.
That light is my baby and I will NEVER get rid of it from my garden completely BUT it is undersized for that sized tent and I need to make an upgrade.

Aiming for 35w per sqft means were looking at 420w power draw.
I wish I could fit the KS5000... or any KS model for that matter. Unfortunately, they are just too big and will not fit.
Even 2 KS2500 will be a squeeze and risk of not fitting or ruining the tent if the walls are pulled in by the fan.
I have to admit I can be pretty boojey and when I see and old model of anything I turn my nose up.
A pretty bad habit but what can I say I'm a proud American! :laughtwo:

So, when I saw the XS4000 I wasn't thrilled at the idea, but it grew on me. That led me to doing a bit more digging and I realized that I may be better suited with (2) XS2000's and put them side by side in parallel to each other as opposed to inline with each other like the XS4000 has them positioned naturally.
This would mean I have (2) 4x2 areas covered in flower that overlap in the middle of a 4x3 tent.
With a power draw on 440w collectively we would be at 36.6 w per sqft. and avoid major hotspots with the added ability to adjust the lights individually although that won't be necessary as the plan is to scrog that tent.

Here is a little table I made to show my thinking in coverages.
Each block representing 1 sqft.
This would be what I would look to flower with as the coverage in veg for 1 XS2000 is 4x3 so 2 would technically be overkill...

XS2000 A = BLUE
XS2000 B = RED
Overlap = PURPLE

BLUE
BLUE
RED
RED
BLUE
BLUE
RED
RED
BLUE
BLUE
RED
RED

BLUE
BLUE PURPLE RED
RED
BLUE
BLUE PURPLE RED
RED
BLUE
BLUE PURPLE RED
RED
BLUE
BLUE PURPLE RED
RED

What do you all think? Is this the best I can do in terms of upgrading my lights for this space?
Is there a fixture I haven't seen that you think would be better suited?
I've been looking at sponsors for the lights and a lot of options seem far too big for my space or just unnecessary at the moment.
Tho I am a huge fan of the bar light style it doesn't seem feasible without that extra sqft in the tent.

@ViparSpectra what do you think? Any suggestions?

I'm looking to make this purchase ASAP so any and all feedback comments tips and suggestions are welcome!

20B49C9F-F2D2-4FB2-AFA0-B047FB5319DB.jpeg

As always thank you for your time and thank you for stopping by!

I was nervous at first but once the scissors get to going. I turn into Edward scissor hands and start sculpting animals or so it feels :rofl:.
✂️ They look lovely both ways, but I think you did the right thing and a fab job Lootz. It seems like you got on the bicycle again no problem at all, despite your busy days!

The XS2000 is doing really well for me so far, and two of them will give you more flexibility in the future if you decide not to scrog a future grow.
They have an updated version now that has different diode spacing for more even coverage too. That one is 220w.

✂️ They look lovely both ways, but I think you did the right thing and a fab job Lootz. It seems like you got on the bicycle again no problem at all, despite your busy days!
Thank you Carmen! I’m always so skiddish when it comes to pulling leaving and cutting limbs.
This grow tho I am trying to push the envelope of what I would have “normally” done this way I can blend any “mistakes” within this first return grow 😂
And yea I’d say so in terms of the garden goes I hit it in stride just wish I could find a bit more stability to allow for better journaling.
It’s coming very soon tho!
Nice cleanup on isle 1 Lootz!
😂 thank you otter! I’m referring to my tents differently now
Isle 1
Isle 2
Isle 3
😂
What StoneOtter said! :Rasta:
Thank you GDB! Really hoping I can mirror your results!
The XS2000 is doing really well for me so far, and two of them will give you more flexibility in the future if you decide not to scrog a future grow.
They have an updated version now that has different diode spacing for more even coverage too. That one is 220w.
Thank you I think that’s what I will go with the coverage and wattage seems to fit better than any other light and configuration I’ve looked at.

And I really wanted to hear a review from someone “I know” who uses them as I would or I trust their word about.

And you fit that description pretty well my friend so thank you! 😂

Thank you Carmen! I’m always so skiddish when it comes to pulling leaving and cutting limbs.
This grow tho I am trying to push the envelope of what I would have “normally” done this way I can blend any “mistakes” within this first return grow 😂
And yea I’d say so in terms of the garden goes I hit it in stride just wish I could find a bit more stability to allow for better journaling.
It’s coming very soon tho!

😂 thank you otter! I’m referring to my tents differently now
Isle 1
Isle 2
Isle 3
😂

Thank you GDB! Really hoping I can mirror your results!

Thank you I think that’s what I will go with the coverage and wattage seems to fit better than any other light and configuration I’ve looked at.

And I really wanted to hear a review from someone “I know” who uses them as I would or I trust their word about.

And you fit that description pretty well my friend so thank you! 😂
Great pick, I love my xs1500 if I had that much space 2 xs2000 would be superb... 👍👍👍

Hey Lootz! Good to see your update today. What you're doing seems to be perfect, even with being super busy. I don't think you took too much at all. When I saw the first pic I was like "Dang, I wonder how much light penetration is going on here" but then you showed them defoled and all was well lol! They all look great!

Back
Top Bottom